GE Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

3.3

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Campus Interview was set up through campus online resource. Was held in campus interview center. Basic human resource behavioral questions. Be sure to know, elaborate and answer anything on your resume. Was a relaxed, easy interview. Knowing more of the position details and company values are a positive additive. Unfortunately, still waiting for a decision after two weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applicants were questioned one-on-one. Interviewer asked questions such as whether the interviewee had previous experience using manufacturing equipment, hands-on automotive work, managing co-workers and processes. Interview lasted for about 10 minutes. Another interview would follow given the candidate met their requirements.

Interview Questions

• Do you do any work to your car?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR. They put me in touch with the hiring manager by phone for an interview. I was asked to come on site for a day long interview where I had multiple groups interview me and some one-on-one interviews. No technical questions were asked, just experience questions.

Interview Questions

• What was something you originally thought you were very confident was correct and you had to change your mind about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Submitted resume through employee referral. First had a phone interview then was invited on site for a full day of interviews which included an interview with manager and HR, two employees in working group, plant manager, and two other managers. Was offered about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about manufacturing were too specific to be answered by someone of my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE (Greenville, SC) in October 2011.

Interview

Social dinner event the night before (drinks/finger foods set out in an upstairs bar at a nice restaurant). They were mainly watching to see how everyone interacted in a social environment full of people they most likely didn't know. Interview day was half a day long, but started extremely early (6:30 AM arrival time). You went through a few lectures, took a tour and then rotated through a few interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing terribly difficult, although it was difficult to gage their reactions. Mostly interested in your work experience and things you've accomplished, things you regret.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Erie, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

Have worked for the company for many years and decided to transfer to another business, therefore the interview may have been different than those given to outside candidates. The most important peice of advice is to be honest about who you are and your qualifications. Do not try to be someone you are not. This company has a reputation to secure, so maintain professionalism, even for hourly jobs, and if hired and given a chance, prove to be worthy. You must work hard and quality is key. They hold you to high standards, anything less will not be tolerated.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a complex problem you had to work on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minden, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Minden, NV) in April 2010.

Interview

Had an in person interview on campus then got an onsite.The morn of the interview i had breakfast with on of the managers. After that I arrived at the company and had a panel style interview in which they asked technical questions.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to deal with a problem person and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Asked me various digital design questions. Decoder, clock signal generator and cmos logic   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brindisi (Italy)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Brindisi (Italy)) in April 2015.

Interview

There are 4 steps in the Assessment Center: 1. A written test with multiple choice questions. 2. Interview with an Engineer about the CV and the written test. 3. Second interview very similar to the previous one. 4. Group case

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

On campus recruiter called me for an interview and about 2 weeks later I received a call asking me to come on-site for a half-day of interviews. Had dinner at a bar the night before and met a bunch of employees there which was really nice because you got to meet some of the people who were going to interview you the next day. Plant was awesome

Interview Questions

• How would you make this turbine blade.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Pune (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

Both HR and technical interview were taken together. The interview panel consisted of Plant manager, HR manager and Production leader. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. Basic questions related to previous job functions were asked.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was very much grilling. They actually were tricking me to accept the job without any raise in the salary.