GE

Updated Apr 16, 2014

3.4

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

Applied online, was contacted by HR. They put me in touch with the hiring manager by phone for an interview. I was asked to come on site for a day long interview where I had multiple groups interview me and some one-on-one interviews. No technical questions were asked, just experience questions.

Interview Questions
  • What was something you originally thought you were very confident was correct and you had to change your mind about.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

Submitted resume through employee referral. First had a phone interview then was invited on site for a full day of interviews which included an interview with manager and HR, two employees in working group, plant manager, and two other managers. Was offered about a month later.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions about manufacturing were too specific to be answered by someone of my experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GE in October 2011.

Social dinner event the night before (drinks/finger foods set out in an upstairs bar at a nice restaurant). They were mainly watching to see how everyone interacted in a social environment full of people they most likely didn't know.

Interview day was half a day long, but started extremely early (6:30 AM arrival time). You went through a few lectures, took a tour and then rotated through a few interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing terribly difficult, although it was difficult to gage their reactions. Mostly interested in your work experience and things you've accomplished, things you regret.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Erie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at GE in September 2011.

Have worked for the company for many years and decided to transfer to another business, therefore the interview may have been different than those given to outside candidates. The most important peice of advice is to be honest about who you are and your qualifications. Do not try to be someone you are not. This company has a reputation to secure, so maintain professionalism, even for hourly jobs, and if hired and given a chance, prove to be worthy. You must work hard and quality is key. They hold you to high standards, anything less will not be tolerated.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a complex problem you had to work on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minden, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minden, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE in April 2010.

Had an in person interview on campus then got an onsite.The morn of the interview i had breakfast with on of the managers. After that I arrived at the company and had a panel style interview in which they asked technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • When did you have to deal with a problem person and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Asked me various digital design questions. Decoder, clock signal generator and cmos logic   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

On campus recruiter called me for an interview and about 2 weeks later I received a call asking me to come on-site for a half-day of interviews. Had dinner at a bar the night before and met a bunch of employees there which was really nice because you got to meet some of the people who were going to interview you the next day. Plant was awesome

Interview Questions
    • How would you make this turbine blade.   View Answer

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!