GE

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Schenectady, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in March 2008.

Interview Details – Signed up through school, interviewed on campus. Interviewer was really chill and relaxed. He took the time to explain the process to me before we started, asked all the questions he had to and then gave me time for questions. Really relaxed interview, even though I was freaking out.

I received an offer about 2 weeks later by email. Salary was competitive. I was given relocation expenses and a wonderful assignment.

typical questions were: Tell me about a difficult person?, Describe a time you have had to work on a team... etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult person   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time you had to design, improve, or change something and how you tackled the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. I had 3 weeks to reply to the offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Applied through University online job recruiting, was contacted a week later to schedule an interview, received an offer three weeks after the interview. The interview process consisted of basic behavioral questions and also consisted of the interviewer going through my resume and having me discuss each experience. He also gave a detailed description of the different types of work GE deals with, and had me describe what my ideal internship would concern and what I would like to acquire from it.

Interview Question – Describe for me the skills you can provide for GE as well as what you hope to take away from the internship.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are builders. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With four businesses and operations in over 160 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled foundation on which to build their careers… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Mechanical Engineering Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.