GE

3.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE in March 2014.

The interview was initiated through a recruiting company that I applied to online. The interview was approximately an hour long with two project engineers. It began with basic work history and experience questions. Then I was asked technical questions about thermodynamics which was unexpected and I had a difficult answering them in detail.

Interview Questions
  • Explain the three thermodynamic cycles in detail.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GE.

Basic interview process, apply online, fill out all previous work experience (related to position you are applying for) relevant projects or leadership roles. The interview consisted of typical behavioral questions, tell me about a moment when you did XX to accomplish XX.. always answer these questions using the STAR method, meaning explain the situation, yours task, and result.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in June 2010.

I had on-site interview at their Louisville office. There were 6 interviews (5 technical, 1 HR). All of them 1:1. People were all very nice and knowledgeable about their product and process.
    As far as interview questions, everyone asked more less the same behavioral questions. I should have prepared for these predictable questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project you worked on that you are most proud of.   Answer Question
    • Describe a project you worked on that were most difficult.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE in March 2010.

Submitted resume through company site. Got an email to setup an in person interview. Round robin type of process for four hours. Met with 5 different people, hiring manager and 3 peers working in the same department and one from HR. Notified of an offer about 1 week later through a phone call from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • HR pulled out the stereotypical elevator speech and strength and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niskayuna, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niskayuna, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in February 2010.

Lab manager sent me an email after submitting resume through GE website for about 2 weeks. He asked to describe the research work on my resume. One week later I got a rejection letter. I believe the reason is that he is looking for a more experienced person even though the job is for entry level.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Initial shortlist based on a written exam which had 2 sections. One section dealt with mechanical engineer and other section is on quantitative ability. Then a one on one Technical interview round followed by HR. Resume based interview, mostly stressed on the master's thesis and other projects

No negotiations

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchchirāppalli (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchchirāppalli (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE in August 2014.

We had two rounds of interview 1st Technical and 2nd HR. Technical interview was very very easy some of the questions which i remember is
    1. Your M.Tech project??
    2.Modes of heat conduction??
    3. on what factors does heat transfer coefficient h depends?
    4. A copper rod with resistance R and current I is in staeady state write a governing equation.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE in September 2013.

There are various university events prior to internship application that you should attend if possible. However the deadline is very early so make sure that you are on top of it. The interviewer was not to interested in my own engineering experience and cared much more about group dynamics. The interview wasn't too difficult, but I just froze up and forgot how to talk about my experiences in a positive manner. Also don't be surprised if they are running late. My interviewer had me waiting for 45 minutes

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary. Mainly questions regarding team behavior.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at GE in April 2013.

I had one interview on site, one on skype and one follow up interview. I wish every company could be like GE. Professional all the way, with specific questions that avoided wasting everybodys time. Although the process was a bit long it covered everybodys needs and questions. I never had such perfect conditions to work in a company like this and unfortunnatelly I don't think I ever will.

Interview Questions

It was in Oslo and due to personal issues with the death of a closed relative I had to decline.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in August 2010.

1. the interview is easy, mostly behavior questions, partially because i worked at GE before.

No negotiation possible.