GE

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pasadena, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was initiated through a recruiting company that I applied to online. The interview was approximately an hour long with two project engineers. It began with basic work history and experience questions. Then I was asked technical questions about thermodynamics which was unexpected and I had a difficult answering them in detail.

Interview Question – Explain the three thermodynamic cycles in detail.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Basic interview process, apply online, fill out all previous work experience (related to position you are applying for) relevant projects or leadership roles. The interview consisted of typical behavioral questions, tell me about a moment when you did XX to accomplish XX.. always answer these questions using the STAR method, meaning explain the situation, yours task, and result.

Interview Question – All questions where very straight forward.   Answer Question

Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had on-site interview at their Louisville office. There were 6 interviews (5 technical, 1 HR). All of them 1:1. People were all very nice and knowledgeable about their product and process.
As far as interview questions, everyone asked more less the same behavioral questions. I should have prepared for these predictable questions.

Interview Questions

Niskayuna, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in February 2010.

Interview Details – Lab manager sent me an email after submitting resume through GE website for about 2 weeks. He asked to describe the research work on my resume. One week later I got a rejection letter. I believe the reason is that he is looking for a more experienced person even though the job is for entry level.

Interview Question – describe my resume   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in February 2008.

Interview Details – simple

Negotiation Details – not possible to an extent unless high in demand

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Mechanical Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in August 2010.

Interview Details – 1. the interview is easy, mostly behavior questions, partially because i worked at GE before.

Interview Question – How to deal with tough customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible.

Very Difficult Interview

Bangalore (India)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in January 2010.

Interview Details – Great Interview skills of management.
They make you comfortable first. Ask personal life questions so that you feel good & open up yourself.
Positively Support during interview. Give hints if you get stuck in some questions.
Respect your present organization.
Focus on fundamental questions (Be prepared & read books before going for interview)
very difficult to get selected, be pure, don't hide anything, honesty & integrity is most Important, no matter how talented you are.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are building, curing, moving, and power the world. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With several businesses and operations in over 170 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Mechanical Engineering interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.