GE OMLP Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

OMLP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE in October 2014.

I first found this position through my university's career services office. I was asked to submit my application documents on a Thursday, and I was scheduled for an interview on the following Tuesday. It was an on-campus interview, so that helped speed up the process.

Only two days after the interview, I received a phone call from the person who had interviewed me. She told me that she really wanted to continue with me for the second round of interviews, but she needed to discuss my work status. Unfortunately, GE does not allow the working visa sponsorship for internationals to participate in the OMLP in the U.S. That was the end of my interview process for the program in the U.S. but I was told that my application would be forwarded to the OMLP program in Latin America.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had an incompetent boss and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

OMLP Interview

First round 30 min interview. Tell me a time where you showed leadership. Got asked for second round 5 back to back interviews. Asked tell me a time where you used techincal knowledge to solve a problem.

OMLP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE in October 2012.

Consists of an interview on campus. Then either given anoffer or not.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in August 2011.

Interview was mostly behavioral. Had an internship there over the summer and presented my key accomplishments, but interviewers were more interested in my definition of leadership and how I would solve potential conflicts.

Interview Questions
    • I was not expecting questions relating to managing unhappy employees.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE in August 2009.

There were 5 interviews about 45 mins each. They generally asked about the same questions, all behavioral.

If you just say you want to work for GE for the rest of your life you are likely to do well.

Just make sure that when you answer a question in one interview you remember your answer, a similar question might come up later and you have to answer them about the same so that when the interviewers compare your responses they know you were telling the truth.

Interview Questions
    • If the person most critical of you were to tell us why you should not have this job what would they say?   View Answer

OMLP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GE.

First round on campus interview. A few phone interviews 20-30 min each with different HR hiring managers across different businesses. On site interview with about 3 or 4 back to back panel interviews with manufacturing managers. Questions are typical behavior based. Employer paid for flight, hotel, rental car and meals for on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you disagreed with a team member? What was the situation and what did you do?   View Answer
    Base salary non-negotiable. Sign on bonus possible.

OMLP Interview

Interview process is somewhat difficult. You first go through a phone screening that is very general (review of resume, some behavioral questions). If you make it past this step the second step you come in for a day long visit with a group of others. The day consists of 4-5 interviews (mostly behavioral with one technical interview), a presentation that you must put together and give, and finally a team activity where you are observed to see how you interact in a team.

Interview Questions
    Salary is not really negotiable