GE Oil & Gas

Updated Feb 8, 2015
Updated Feb 8, 2015

2.9

Lead Services Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Initial interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Next stage was on site interview with several staff. On site interview took most of a full day. While on site interviewed with some peer level, senior managers, and HR. Was contacted by recruiter following interview to proceed to next step.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you did not succeed. How did you adapt?   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Communication was crisp and clear. Interviewed by 3 engineering managers. Questions were related to past experience and skills. Resume was reviewed and experience and capabilities were discussed. Salary was not discussed.

Market research

EID Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Applied to job posting through university career center. Interviewed a week later on campus. The interview was all behavioral questions: strengths, weaknesses, people who inspired me, people I have inspired. The interviewer basically went through my resume and asked questions about it.

No negotiation possible.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broussard, LA
    Anonymous Employee in Broussard, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

The hiring process was very straight forward. I applied online and received a phone call to schedule an on site interview after 2 weeks, approximately. The phone call was to ensure I was still interested and to schedule the on site interview. No questions were asked. I received the phone call on a Thursday and my on site interview was on the following Wednesday, so a fairly quick turn around. The on site interview was a panel interview with 3 senior managers. They were very professional, but not unfriendly. Typical questions ensued. Why do you wish to leave your current employer? What do you expect your typical day to be in this position? Tell me a time when you had to think out of the box? Tell me a time when you made a big mistake on a past project, and what did you do to correct it? Are you frustrated easily? What is your expected salary? Et cetera. The panel interview lasted approximately 1 hour, followed by a site tour. I asked a lot of questions, and my tour lasted another hour. I really enjoyed the interview and tour, and sincerely hope to hear an offer from them. I will update this post when the results of my interview come in. I was told approximately 2 weeks for the results to be sent out.

Interview Questions
    • No truly technical questions. Most questions were in regard to my resume, and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Operator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

short and sweet. general interview questions. ask general knowledge questions. supervisor was very welcoming had a general conversation. told me what to expect how the work in environment was. when and what to do to get raises. what safety training would be required.

straight forward

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in North Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Oil & Gas in June 2014.

Took 3 weeks to get through the interview. I am still waiting for an offer. I got a call from the HR manager a week ago that there is a hiring freeze so that is what is holding up the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Define how to control valves.
      Defined how you would tackle an oil and gas system if you have no knowledge on the system.

Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broussard, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broussard, LA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

The hiring process was a thorough and lengthy hiring process. I suggest patients and remain confident and comfortable as possible. The interviews are in a more informal manner.

I did not negotiate

Research Engineer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at GE Oil & Gas in April 2014.

After meeting a GE Oil & Gas representative it was recommended that I create an online profile and that she would submit my resume to recruiting. A few weeks later I was contacted by GE HR representatives and asked to apply for a certain position, After applying I was contacted by HR at which time I scheduled a phone interview with the engineering manager. During the phone interview I was asked basic questions.

Eid Co-Op Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Initial contact made at S.W.E. conference. The day after I was sent an email to apply online to the EID program. After applying, I was sent an email 2 weeks after saying I was being further considered and have been selected for a 30 min phone interview. Not very difficult. Expect to be asked behavioral questions.

Analyst (Non-engineering) Interview

Very long drawn out process. You should practice by having mock interviews with friends. This will help prepare you for the interview process at the company? Also, come dressed in a professional suit.