GE Oil & Gas

Getting the Interview

35 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

EID Co-op Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Interview Details – Initial contact made at S.W.E. conference. The day after I was sent an email to apply online to the EID program. After applying, I was sent an email 2 weeks after saying I was being further considered and have been selected for a 30 min phone interview. Not very difficult. Expect to be asked behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time something didn't go as expected.   Answer Question

Analyst (Non-engineering) Interview

Interviewed at GE Oil & Gas

Interview Details – Very long drawn out process. You should practice by having mock interviews with friends. This will help prepare you for the interview process at the company? Also, come dressed in a professional suit.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years   Answer Question

EID Engineering Interview

EID Engineering
Longmont, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Oil & Gas in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my campus's online job posting site and got an interview within a month. Interview questions were completely behavioral and pretty straight forward. Within two weeks I was offered a position

Interview Question – What was the most difficult decision you have ever had to make?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Interview Details – I got hired via the JOLP hiring conference. I was hired for a different job than I applied for due to the hiring conference.

Interview Question – The usual STAR method questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I knew the max they were giving so I set that as my minimum request, they gave me that number.

Engineering Planner Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Oil & Gas in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied the the GE portal in october 2012 and was called by the hiring Mgr for a phone interview 2 days later. I was called in for a 2nd interview and scheduled to sit with 3 people, including the HR Mgr. But the HR was too busy that day that she had to call me later on for a phone interview.

Interview Question – The initial phone interview with the hiring Mgr was really technical and situational based. one of the questions was, " how do you resolve resources peaks and conflicts?" and the follow-up was 'how do you use the leveling function?"
What causes negative float?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had another offer from worleyparsons that GE matched and added 5k.

IT Leadership Program Interview

Athens, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at GE Oil & Gas in October 2013.

Interview Details – I communicated with several ITLP graduates before I applied online. Once I applied, I had an on-campus interview, which was entirely behavioral. Then I had two phone interviews which were mostly behavioral with some traditional interview questions as well.

Interview Question – "Describe a time when you took a risk. How did you manage it?"   Answer Question

EID Interview

EID
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Oil & Gas in October 2013.

Interview Details – Easy interview, some behavioral questions

Interview Question – nothing, if you bring up something you should know about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable for interns

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Edison Engineering Development Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Interview Details – First round: 45 minute behavioral interview. A lot of "Tell me about a time when..." questions. 1:1 ratio. Laid back atmosphere, they are really trying to get to know you. Want to make sure you are a good fit for the company. Wait to hear back about 2nd round interviews when they bring you on-site.

Interview Question – What was your greatest achievement?   Answer Question

EID Intern Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE Oil & Gas in October 2012.

Interview Details – Behavioral Interview-One person at my school's career center

Interview Question – Tell me about a time things did not go as planned   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Manufacturing Engineering Intern Interview

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GE Oil & Gas in November 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted Resume at Career Fair. Was asked to Interview. No Second Round Interview. In the interview, they care more about behavioral questions. They want to know your personality. Are you engaged and looking to work in a changing and growing company? Will you do well with the GE Growth Values and fit with the culture?

Interview Question – None too difficult. Lot's of personal scenario questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GE Oil & Gas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Oil & Gas interview questions and advice. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE Oil & Gas employees and interview candidates.