GE Power & Water Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.6

EID Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE Power & Water.

Interview

Single one-on-one campus interview lasting roughly half an hour. Notified of offer two weeks later. Asked broad questions about team experiences, time management and organization skills. Interview process took place in October with one month to look over the offer. Location/function is to be determined between January-March when HR sends out a list of all the potential internship job openings. You rank your top 5 choices and send it back to HR and hopefully they put you into one of those.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a teammate did not pull his/her own weight.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness and how do you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a group project you've been on and what role did you play.   Answer Question

Water Engineering Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GE Power & Water (Minnetonka, MN).

Interview

It was a fairly straightforward interview process. An initial phone call was done to ask some personality and what-would-you-do in these situation questions. This was followed up with a trip to interview with five different members of the department to ask technical, personality, and HR type questions.

Interview Questions

• One portion of the interview was to look at a flow diagram and explain the process.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Power & Water in March 2015.

Interview

Applied Online within two days of job posting date. Got an interview call within 4 days. Interviewer was easy to talk to. He only asked simple HR questions. Interview lasted for 20 mins.
    The interviewer sent a list of questions he will ask during interview. It helped me prepare better.

Interview Questions

• 1. Salary expectations.
      2. Brief description of experience related to position requirements.
      3. Relocation assistance
      4. Start date if hired

1 Answer

ITLP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Power & Water.

Interview

Met a recruiter at career fair event. Got an email within two weeks to set up first phone interview with HR personal. No technical question, strictly behavioral questions. After a month or so I got another email to set up phone interview with ITLP manager. Questions were mostly about leadership skills and my projects

Interview Questions

• How would you explain system programming to your grand mother?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GE Power & Water.

Interview

Applied online. Heard back from company in a few days. Setup time for phone interview. No surprise calls. 30 minute phone interview. Hiring manager was very nice. Got good feedback about interview after decision was made.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to lift morale in a team setting.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to diagnose a situation and had to use your technical abilities outside of an academic setting.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GE Power & Water (Minnetonka, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

must qualify by scoring well on SAM testing to even get interview. The interview has many questions about goals, life,etc. More than one person will be there. Interviewers are friendly. one from the working area and one from hr. You have to have your profile chosen to get offered to test, then pass test to get interview.

Interview Questions

• Name something you did at former job to stand out or make a difference.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Power & Water in February 2015.

Interview

Talked to hiring manager at college recruiting event and scheduled an interview for the position the following day. Interview consisted of 2 hire managers asking questions on and off, fairly typical interview. Bit of a good cop bad cop vibe.

Interview Questions

• If you were in a dark room with 50 pairs of socks, half black and half white, how many socks do you need to grab to guarantee a matching pair?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE Power & Water (Clemson, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Found the job and obtained an interview on Clemson Joblink postings. Received an email with a scheduled interview time and I showed up ready to go. Was not a bad experience. Very nice and knowledgeable people.

Interview Questions

• "Walk me through your resume..."

"What is one thing you are proud of?"

"Tell me about a time you experienced difficulty and how you dealt with it"

Other assorted standard interview questions...

Answer Question

Senior Aerothermal Engineer - Combustion Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Power & Water (Greenville, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a corporate recruiter. Setup a phone interview with the hiring manager on a Wednesday. Hiring manager liked me and at the end asked when I could come in for an in-person. Told the hiring manager a week later. Sent a follow-up thank you letter to the hiring manager. Waited for a confirmation email for the in-person interview. Monday came and I received an email from the recruiter that the hiring manager no longer wanted to pursue me. I was angered and confused. The recruiter then told me that the hiring manager had contacted a former worker at GE Aviation where I had worked a few years back and he thought something was said that defused the hiring managers decision to bring me in for an in-person. So, a former colleague slandered my name. It's a sad world that we live in. This hiring manager could have had a hard working, curious, and passionate engineer. But now he has 2nd best.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. How I dealt with difficult people. A time when I failed and how I resolved the problem... etc.   Answer Question

EID Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE Power & Water.

Interview

Contacted for phone interview and took place the same week. Call lasted about 15 minutes. Simple questions like why GE?, strengths, and weaknesses. I received an offer the next day with GE Power and Water under the Edison program for leadership.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Given one week to accept the offer. no negotiation