GE Power & Water

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Boulder, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Power & Water.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, standard interview questions, tour of facility, met with other employees, discussion with HR. Follow-up with one-on-one discussion with hiring manager two days later and meeting with team.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. All standard questions on experience.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Machine Operator
Wilmington, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Power & Water in December 2011.

Interview Details – It took about 2 months to hear back. When I did I had to go through a survey, a test, and an 3 hour interview. But overall it went pretty fast and wasn't that challenging if you had prior manufacturing experience.

Interview Question – The hardest part was the test. Lots of people missed the opportunity because they didn't do well on the test. But I didn't feel that it was that hard.   Answer Question

Greenville, SC

I interviewed at GE Power & Water in September 2010.

Interview Details – OK....Standard...one hour discussions with three hiring managers, one hr manager......all managers took for the lunch at the same time......It took little while for them to present actual offer, as they went thru' immigration, & background check..

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at GE Power & Water in July 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was very technical. I was asked a lot of technical questions, some things that I had forgotten from college. It was a one to one interview and overall it was a good experience.

Interview Question – Many technical questions, cannot recall them all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was better than my previous job, I didn't negotiate, maybe I should have.

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Power & Water in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was a full day's work. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Question – Most difficult questions were specific technical questions about designing equipment. Wasn't prepared for that, since I didn't have any of my calc sheets, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me my low number. Should have negotiated further to get better salary. I know people who were able to get much more.

Commercial Finance Manager Interview

Commercial Finance Manager

Interviewed at GE Power & Water

Interview Details – I moved internally the company. 2 internal interviews, one with HR and one with Management. Interviews via video conference.

Interview Question – General interviews on achievements, case scenarios   Answer Question

Intern - Engineering Interview

Intern - Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Power & Water in October 2013.

Interview Details – After speaking with a recruiter at the career fair, I received an interview around a month later after applying online. The interview was entirely behavioral based and straight-forward with only around 8 questions. However, the majority of the questions asked involved negative situations (e.g. tell me about a time that you failed, when you disappointed in your performance, disagreed with your boss, etc.), which made the overall experience unenjoyable. Response time was impressively quick, though, with offers made within a week after interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss and how did you deal with it? (difficult for college-aged applicants, who have minimal experience with managers/supervisors)   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Power & Water in November 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview with manager was in person, followed up by in person interview with District Manager and finally a phone interview with Regional Manager

Interview Question – None, everything was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was simple, mostly handled by a recruiter; I already knew before the interview what they would agree to

Senior Technologist Interview

Senior Technologist
The Woodlands, TX

Interview Details – Was asked to do a prepared 45 minute presentation with Q&A afterwards and then met with several members of the team individually.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – OK

Edison Engineer Interview

Edison Engineer
Wilmington, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at GE Power & Water in July 2011.

Interview Details – Consisted of 2 panel interviews, one conducted by HR another conducted by a group of engineers. Mainly personality questions but there were some technical aspects to the interview. Whole process took about half the day. I was interviewd with about 10 other people. All of us were GE interns. So some screeening had been done already. I would say its critical to get an internship with the division you are interested in to imporve your chances of securing a FT offer.

Interview Question – Describe your biggest weakness or failure where things did not go as planned?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non existant

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE Power & Water

Worked for GE Power & Water? Contribute to the Community!

GE Power & Water – Why Work for Us?

The world’s most complex problems stem from accessibility to clean and sustainable sources of power and water. Our teams are swiftly advancing these technologies, focused on productivity and efficiency. With a full… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Power & Water interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE Power & Water employees and interview candidates.