GE

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at GE.

The interview process at GE was one of the worst that I have encountered. After submitting my resume online I got a call from the recruiter who asked pretty standard questions including current position, salary etc. After that it took almost 20 emails to finally have a phone screen with someone. They kept canceling and moving the phone interview dates - once they called an hour before the phone interview that the interviewer is not available and then a different interviewer called to actually conduct a phone interview. They seemed to be pretty uncoordinated. Finally after talking to an architect from their team, they invited me for an onsite. The onsite scheduling was a similarly painful exercise - they have no clue when their interviewers are available. Also the HR paperwork required was like applying for a home loan - so many questions/ details - again including all details of your current salary etc.

The onsite interview went well and they took another week to reply to me - called me and said that everyone like me. Another week passed and then they called saying that since they liked me they will make an offer and I should (yet again) provide all my existing salary/ benefits information to them.

Another week goes past - finally the recruiter calls that there has been a reorg in their team and they are not able to make an offer because I make a lot more comp compared to their existing positions. I would have understood that if they had told me weeks back when I provided all the salary information (on the first call with the recruiter, second time around in the application and finally the third time in another email). It was a total waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty standard interview questions - however one of interviews was more interested in describing why this role would not be a fit. And ironically this was the same guy who interviewed me on the phone   Answer Question