GE

On campus interview

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE.

On-Site interview at GE Energy, Houston, TX.
    Interview lasted for 1 hour.
    Panel of 3 interviewers, asking routine questions.
    Panel members were very calm and poised, talking less and wanting to hear from you more.
    Don't lie on the interview. If you have never heard of the technologies they are using at the company, don't be frightened. Tell them that you'll spend the first few weeks learning all the technologies that are being used in the company and that you're a really quick learner and you've done this before.

Interview Questions
    • Why G.E ?   Answer Question
    • At G.E., we expect our employees to have experience in handling multiple projects at a time. Give us an example of a time when you had to handle multiple projects.   Answer Question
    • What kind of work profile are you interested in ?
      Hands-on work, like working at an on-site location ? Or, sitting at your desk and analyzing the data that comes as a result of others' work ?

Answer Question
    That was a contract job. No room for negotiation. And more over, they made an offer I couldn't decline.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE in July 2011.

For entry level interview, mostly behavior questions. Not much technical questions

not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE in September 2010.

Submitted a resume to someone I met on a job site. Scheduled an interview with the branch manager. Had a short interview.

Interview Questions
    • Really just verified technical skills for a control systems engineer.   Answer Question
    Should have asked for more money to start with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Buren Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Buren Township, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE in November 2009.

Found position listing via online job board. Applied for the position via GE Jobs website. Application process was not complicated. I did not receive a response for a couple weeks.

1. First interview - Phone screen with GE recruiter.
    2. Second Interview - Phone Interview with specific team members (2).
    3. Third Interview - On-Location Interview with team members and HR (3).

Advise is to be patient with GE Interview process. They do seem to move slow.

Interview Questions
    • The questions presented during the interview followed typical interview questions (tell about yourself, education, experience).   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate with GE regarding my offer. I'm not very good at negotiating, but if you feel you can negotiate, you should.