GE Transportation

Updated Feb 4, 2015
Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.8

Leader Supply Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE Transportation.

Phone call followed by 4 hour on site interview. didn't have a chance to speak too much on the first phase. It was a kind of monologue where the interviewer was excited to speak about the company and the position. The second phase was the onsite interviews with the manager, as well as potential peers and stakeholders.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult behavioral / problem solving based scenario type questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview is just behavioral. Only 1 interview in process then job offer the I received an offer about a week later. They give you until December to accept it which is nice.

Interview Questions
    • None were really too difficult. Like to hear about teamwork situations   Answer Question
    No negotiation

ITLP Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE Transportation.

Talked to them at a career fair, was called to set up an interview, and interviewed with them on campus. They were personable and conducted the interview very well. Was called the next day with their decision. The recruiter and past interns answered my questions and set up phone calls with other people in the program to give me a better understanding of what life would be like as an intern. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a piece of technology as if you were talking with someone who is not tech-savvy.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE Transportation.

The interview was all behavioural questions. He also aksed questions from my resume. But, it was easy to asnwer. Make sure you know everything from your resume. Also, for behavioural questions just be your self. Come up with real situations and explain. Don't say you didn't get through a particular situation. That will make you look fake.

Operations Management Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE Transportation in July 2014.

4 - 1 hour interview sessions with different managers in the company. I was coming from a more technical background that fit more into the EEDP role, so my most challenging questions came as a result of why or how i could fit into that role, despite my background experience.

Interview Questions
    • No technical question. Mostly behavioral questions and your probable actions in real life scenarios or conflicts.
      And Know Your Resume.

Answer Question

Engineer Interview

multiple interviewers, behavioral questions. Team you are going to work for interviews you sometimes. usually you will get fair questions. If technical position, be ready for technical application of skills learned.

Sub-Section Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Transportation.

Straight forward, 3 different mangers, 30 min each. Overall process for interview was straight forward. Took almost a month for an offer, then the negotiation was very difficult, I settled for less and would not do that again. Interviewed with 2 managers and hR.

Very difficult

Plan Management Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at GE Transportation.

My hiring experience was excellent. I enjoyed talking with the supervisor. He walked me through the hiring process. He told me my job description. He introduced me to the employees.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE Transportation.

I was an intern and interviewed for the Edison program through the standard process. I had four interviews. There were no unexpected or particularly difficult questions. I was mostly either asked behavioral questions or for technical details of my previous jobs.

No negotiation, as this was a standard offer for everyone accepted into the program.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Transportation in February 2014.

I went to the career fair. The next day I interviewed. The questions were all behavioral and the interview lasted thirty minutes. A week later, I received an email that I had been put on a wait list. A month and half later, I was told I got the job. All communication after the interview was done via email.