GE Transportation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at GE Transportation

Interview Details – multiple interviewers, behavioral questions. Team you are going to work for interviews you sometimes. usually you will get fair questions. If technical position, be ready for technical application of skills learned.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Sub-Section Manager Interview

Sub-Section Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Transportation.

Interview Details – Straight forward, 3 different mangers, 30 min each. Overall process for interview was straight forward. Took almost a month for an offer, then the negotiation was very difficult, I settled for less and would not do that again. Interviewed with 2 managers and hR.

Interview Question – Straight forward questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very difficult

Very Easy Interview

Intern - Hourly Interview

Intern - Hourly
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE Transportation in June 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, just the standard behavioral questions. If you just research behavioral interview questions on google and read them and write responses for them you should be more than prepared. The behavioral questions are honestly just common sense questions. No studying is really necessary except the fact studying the questions and making responses will make your answers more natural sounding to the interviewer.

Negotiation Details – Sent and email with the weekly pay amount for a forty hour work week.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Technologist IV Interview

Senior Technologist IV
Erie, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GE Transportation in April 2010.

Interview Details – My interview went very quickly and smoothly as I had another offer in hand at the time, and I was a good fit for GE's position--so they were motivated to get me an offer quickly. I did one phone interview and they brought me out the next week and I had a good offer the next day. There were 5-6 interviewers and it lasted all day.

Interview Question – Describe situation where you realized you were wrong and had to change direction.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They came with a competitive offer and there was no negotiation phase.

Plan Management Interview

Plan Management

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at GE Transportation.

Interview Details – My hiring experience was excellent. I enjoyed talking with the supervisor. He walked me through the hiring process. He told me my job description. He introduced me to the employees.

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
Stony Brook, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GE Transportation in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied the job through OCR from my university. There was only one interview with two people. All the questions were behavior questions, like Describe a time when you work as a team.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Edison Engineering Development Program
Erie, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Transportation.

Interview Details – I was an intern and interviewed for the Edison program through the standard process. I had four interviews. There were no unexpected or particularly difficult questions. I was mostly either asked behavioral questions or for technical details of my previous jobs.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, as this was a standard offer for everyone accepted into the program.

Internship Interview

Internship
Erie, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE Transportation in May 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with HR rep. Asked a series of normal questions with a few behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked on a team and failed?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
Erie, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Transportation in January 2014.

Interview Details – I received an email inviting me for an interview because they saw my CV in LinkedIn I believe.
I scheduled an interview for 2 weeks later, it was mostly a behavioral interview that lasted for less than 1 hour. After a week I got an email that I was accepted to work with them.

Interview Question – Tell me about when you assumed a risk.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase about salaries, but I would work for them for free. It is an awesome learning opportunity.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Transportation.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter at a professional conference. I introduced myself and went through my resume; she offered to interview me later in the day. I knew the interview would be mostly behavioral so I just practiced some of my STAR stories and went in for the interview and got the offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you spoke up to change a policy   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE Transportation

Worked for GE Transportation? Contribute to the Community!

GE Transportation – Why Work for Us?

GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Transportation interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE Transportation employees and interview candidates.