GE

GE Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

Financial Risk Management Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at GE.

I applied online and was asked to do a situational judgement online test. I had a competency based telephone interview afterwards that lasted for about 30 minutes. Questions asked were things like: why Ge? Why this program? Example of a time you taught yourself something in a short time.

Interview Questions

I am yet to get feedback

Legal Interview

There are 4 stages to the whole job application:
    1.application 2.online test- consists of 3 separate test, based on a multiple choice format.
    3.the phone interview
    They will tell you via Email if you have been successful.
    The phone interview questions were not that difficult, but have a good example prepared.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Describe your microsft skill (try and give examples)
      Second
      2.why did you apply to GE?
      3. What motivated you to apply for the legal intern position?
      4. Tell me a time when you took part in a challenging project and the challenges you faced?
      5. Tell me a time when you learnt something new?

You must give examples in STAR approach.
      It's an easy going intreview

Answer Question

12 Month Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE.

Following online test completion, I was invited for a telephone interview. It consisted of both competency based and motivational questions. The first confirmed who you were, the post you were applying for, year of uni etc. Then asked questions regarding why you wanted to work for GE, why this role. Also asked a few competency based questions.

Interview Questions
    • learning a new skill/system in a short period of time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE.

online application, online personality test, invite to a phone interview, short list for face-to-face interview, told they wanted to see me in person where I would possibly be working. good at telling you if you got to the next stage.

Interview Questions
    • backgrund research on the company. 2 questions about past experience, what you learnt ect.   Answer Question

Financial Risk Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE.

I had to submit a CV and covering letter and a few online questions. I was informed that I got through to the next stage and I had to do three online situational tests, which were pretty straightforward. I was offered a telephone interview. It was in three parts (general questions, motivational questions and competency questions). The questions were as follows:

1) What degree are you doing? Where would be your preferred location? Are you available to start working between June and August 2015? Are you proficient at Word, Excel and Powerpoint?

2) Why do you want to work at GE? Why have you chosen the Financial Risk Programme? What have you learnt about GE? Who are our main competitors?

3) Talk about a time when you were in a difficult situation and how did you overcome it? What were your aims? What was the feedback you got from this?

Talk about a time when you taught yourself a new language or skill. How did you go about doing this?

Interview Questions
    • Who are GE's main competitors? I literally had no clue how to answer this question.   Answer Question
    (I have got through to the next phase, I don't know the final outcome yet)

Intern Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

The call was a typical phone interview. Questions were motivational, as the explanation of my choice toward GE, and competency based, for instance my degree of knowledge of Microsoft Office package. The final par of the interview encompassed the decriptionof two situations in which I demonstrated leadership, and another one of me facing time constraints in learning a new task.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation in which you were facing something completely new, or you had to learn something, and there was shortage of time.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

After applying online, had a phone interview which was mainly competency based. The person conducting the interview was really friendly. So that made me feel at ease with the interview, therefore, found the interview easy. Also have so questions ready to ask for the end of the interview.
    Currently waiting for an assessment centre day.

Interview Questions
    • What you know about the company and how did you prepare to get the information?   Answer Question

Business Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE.

Online application first, then situational judgement test,then telephone interview. The online SJT is simple enough, you listen and wathch to different animated situations and give your best choice. The telephone interview was a bit early in the morning and it lasted about 20 min. The questions were: 1. why do you want to work for GE? 2. Why do you want the Business Management placement? 3. What is GE's culture? 4. Tell me about a time when you overcome a difficult situation. 5. Tell me about a time when you learned a new system or a laguage. Other questions just confirm your courses and location preference.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult one is the compentency one asking your experience about learning a new language or a system. It's really hard when you don't have am example at hand!   Answer Question

Finance Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at GE in January 2015.

Online application, situational reasoning test, telephone interview. The lady on the phone was very straight to the point, and quite intimidating. When asking questions at the end she would just simply reply 'I don't work for GE, I'm just hired by them'.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about GE?
      Why do you want to work in your chosen area?
      What's your motivation for applying to GE?
      Tell me about a challenging project you've had and what difficulties you faced.
      Tell me about a time where you have had to teach yourself something in a short period of time.

Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE in January 2015.

I applied online for the internship, GE contacted me about a week later saying that they have reviewed my CV and invited me to take SHL Talent Measurement tests.

I had about a week to complete the tests, they were mainly personality and situation judgement tests.

The following days I was contacted again saying I would get I phone interview and I had to email with the date and time I was available from a schedule they gave me.

The phone interview was motivational and competency based. The phone interview is the 2nd stage of the hiring process and it's made mainly by an outsourcing company, therefore you won't get an offer directly after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most challenging thing you had to teach yourself in a short period of time.   Answer Question