GEICO

Updated Aug 5, 2014
Updated Aug 5, 2014

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuarial Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GEICO in June 2014.

The aptitude test is hard for somebody who doesn't have any experience in the industry. It is not really an excel skill test, rather problems that are written on the excel spreadsheet. There are also questions with free response.

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Actuarial Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Phone Screening with HR, then you have to fill out questionnaire and send transcripts. Next you will have to take an analytical exam on Excel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

apply online -> complete questionnaire sent by HR -> analytical test (excel exam + basic knowledge of P&C actuary) -> interview by actuary (resume)-> on site interview (resume+ GEICO's thing + review of your analytical test)

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected question. Suggestion: prepare question about Geico's market share, history, state and all content in your resume.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GEICO.

The interview process was long (about four months). This was my process: online application, additional details via email, phone interview, online test, interview at HQ. At HQ, you have a day of interviews (about five) where you learn about the departments and go over the online test. The response after the final interview took about a week.

Interview Questions
    • Have you taken the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment? If so, what was the result?   Answer Question

The compensation was significantly below other offers, and the office made me feel like I was in a never-ending replay of Office Space. DC is fantastic, but I couldn't make a career decision based on my distance from the Smithsonian.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in February 2014.

I had a phone interview after taking a computer test. The test is fairly easy with most of the questions about insurance loss and premiums. The phone interview is most based on my resume but also a couple of behavior question.

Interview Questions
    • What is the long term goal and short term goal for you   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in August 2013.

applied directly through their website. In their first email they asked for transcript, resume and cover letter with some other basic questions like SAT score and what other jobs I have applied to.

Then a week later I was invited for a phone interview. The interviewer told me that there will be another phone interview from actuarial department and then an onsite interview.

But I was never contacted back.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Applied online. After phone screen, which comprised of primarily personal questions, was given quantitative test over email. Test focused heavily on loss ratios.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GEICO.

Met with GEICO's National College Recruiter at University Career fair. Only days after sending in my resume, a questionairre was sent to fill out. Once that was sent in, a first phone interview was held during which the interviewer basically asked the questionairre questions all over again. After the interview, I was given an analytical test to complete in two hours. Some of the questions were not easy. Basic knowledge of loss ratios and basic excel formulas are quite important to pass this test.

Interview Questions
    • The analytical test is no less than a two hour exam. Make sure you are prepared, awake, and equipped.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEICO in March 2012.

I thought I did pretty well on the assessment test. However, I was not offered an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you hear actuary this profession?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEICO in June 2011.

I applied online through the company's website. I was contacted by HR and scheduled for a phone interview. After the HR phone interview, I was contacted by an actuary who wanted to continue the interview process and schedule another phone interview. I was also given two hours to complete an Excel skills test after the interview. Twelve days late I was notified that I was not chosen for the position.