GEICO

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in June 2009.

Interview Details – You will interview with on the phone with an HR person for basic questions. Be prepared to answer basic questions about GEICO and it's history, general information off the website should be sufficient. The next phone interview is with an actuary. Be prepared to discuss very high level general employment questions. The next interview is a day long process. You will be called into the building to interview with 3 senior actuaries, 1 lunch interview with 2 low level actuaries and will have to perform a basic excel test. Be prepared to address any issues on your college transcripts. They will ask you all the standard interview questions. Know basic excel skills for the test portion. You will have to calculate different factor indications and explain results.

Interview Question – The excel exam.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was negotiation.

Chevy Chase, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewer sounded very rushed during the phone interview.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about the history and current state of Geico.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in December 2010.

Interview Details – I had 1 phone interview with HR. After that, I was asked to take a two hour skill test. Around one week after the skill test, I had a one-day on-site interview in their headquarter, Washington DC. The office in DC is old. But, people in GEICO are nice. Most questions are behavioral questions, and focuses on your personal experience.

Interview Question – what is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!