GEICO Auto Damage Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.7

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

They do hair tests, so if you do drugs, don't even attempt it. They put you through about 4-5 hours of interview (they don't even tell you that they are taking up half of your day if you are successful). It starts with skills test. You start with about 15 people in the room, after the 5 tests only myself and another guy were left, and he never made it through school. School is about 3 months and it prepares you for about 10% of your job. School is completely boring and you have to study!! You must maintain a B+ average or they will give you a plane ticket home and that is the end of your job.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to do a role play. You must negotiate and be nice. If you smile be nice and are a tough negotiator, you will do fine. Oh, they also make you fill out a map of your (remember this is role play) busy day with distances, and they grade you on if you took the shortest distances or most economic drives to get to your destinations ALL WHILE DOING THE ROLE PLAY (testing your time management skills)   1 Answer
  • Why do you want to work for GEICO, what do you know about GEICO, tell me about a time you had a difficult customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Warwick, RI) in December 2014.

Interview

There was a preliminary phone screening, which was nice. After that, I was scheduled for a one-on-one interview with a supervisor. I then went for testing; basic grammar test and visual test. Very easy. After that, I then went for an assessment, which consisted of a role play to see how I would do. The role play was fun in one way... you had basically the basics of the job right in front of you in that role play. You connected with customers, and repair facilities to repair the imaginary items or replace them. After the assessment came the one-on-one interview with the manager, who then offered the job, contingent of me passing a background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a very difficult task that you had to overcome and do at your previous job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Honolulu, HI) in September 2014.

Interview

*First stage pre-screen phone interview *Second stage- Assessment test, includes 1) Reading comprehension. Read paragraphs,answer questions 2) Spacial recognition. Cubes with numbered sections (picture a numbered rubics cube), how many blocks touch one particular block. Very short time frame, most likely won't answer all questions. Be quick and accurate. *Third stage- Another phone or face to face interview with regional manager. *Fourth stage- Role play interview. This is the make or break stage. Consisted of: 1)Writing an estimate 2)Scheduling your visits using a map and time estimates 3)Negotiating repair estimates from repair facilities 4)Filling out an information form 5)Dealing with upset customers

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences with customers interaction?   1 Answer
    • What are your negotiating skills?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you're a fit for the position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I'm still in the interview process, but thought I'd write about my experience so far before a decision is made. I noticed that reviews where an offer was made tend to be more positive. I applied online at geico.com and a day or two later I received an e-mail for phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. Young lady, friendly yet to the point. I was asked very general questions to ensure I understood the role. Once she was done I was invited to do a pre-employment test, but I could only do it on a desktop. When I confirmed that I own a laptop she told me it could only be desktop and once she sent the e-mail I had one hour to complete the test and was required to e-mail her once completed to confirm this was done within the hour. This was completely unexpected. I had less than an hour to get to the nearest public library and start the test. My nearest one was closed so I had to drive about 10 minutes to another. I was able to complete the test in the hour and let her know. The recruiter called me back and invited me to another phone interview. This interview was more in-depth and involved questions about my previous work and the Adjuster role. A few yes or no answers, but the usual "tell me a time when..." They wants of details and play-by-plays, especially on how you manage your time - and I mean specific. I got the sense when we finished that I didn't do so well.

Interview Questions

• For me, the most difficult/unexpected questions were those directly involving the role. For example, "You quote a car for 5 hours labor, but the body shop thinks it should be 9. Please explain in detail how you would respond to this." Or "Your supervisor wants to meet an average of 22 labor hours per month and you average 21, putting you in the middle. What would your response be?"   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Multiple steps. First was phone interview. Then an in person interview followed by role play and a spatial relations test on paper.

Interview Questions

• No curve balls here. Just the usual.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me what they pay, that's it. I was happy just to get the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO (Bridgeport, CT) in March 2014.

Interview

I was told that I didn't pass the pre-employment test. Although I got every question right on the visual (counting how many blocks were touching each other) and all but one question correct on the reading comprehension I was told I failed! How is this possible? I was told that it didn't matter how many questions I answered. It was more important to get the questions correct. After the test the man told me that I didn't finish enough questions and that is why I failed. I answered all but 2 on the reading comprehension and I answered 12 of the visual. I feel that I was picked off because I am a woman. Pror to the testing there were four of us sitting in a room. The instructor explained that this was not a "desk" job while glaring directly at me. He went on to say that the job would be performed out in the field at accident scenes and autobody shops. He continued to say that it would be best to leave now if anyone misunderstood the job description. 23 out of 24 is a 95 (That's an A) Thanks Geico!!

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

This was a long Process over the course of 2 months. It was hard to tell what the next step was as I feel it started bit backwards. 1. Was the initial phone call. Pretty standard, this step was looking for the basic information. 2. Was an online assessment test. This consisted of being able to identify sequences and count the number of touching boxes in a 3d image. 3. was the driving record and credit check. 4. was the phone interview ( about 1/3 hour, basic questions). 5. was a 1x1 interview with one of the regional supervisors. For me, this went about 1 & 1/3 hours as they had a multi-page print out of numerous questions. Many of the questions were identical to the phone interview, so this part almost felt counterproductive. The interview in general was very positive, and seems like I had the position at this point, which left the next step... 6. The Dreaded Role Play Session. For me, this was 10 minutes after my 1x1 ( I wish I knew, I would have eaten before the interview). As previously described, it saw me left in a room (which I was suppose to pretend was my office) to review a packet of information and listen to a CD of instructions for 30 minutes. The information had me as a Damage Adjuster for a made-up company called Occidental Equipment group, which was basically an insurance company for a variety of equipment. I had to review ( in this 30 minutes) how to fill out multiple internal forms regarding claims, and how the adjustment and payour process went. This was a lot of information, but was pretty basic. The key seemed to be in knowing how deductibles worked/applied, and how the company determined if a payout was to be made or not. This seemed really easy, until you begin the scenarios. Your are given 5 minutes between the CD ending and the first "call" ( I had to use my cell phone as the room did not contain an actual phone. This made it awkward when other phone calls for other positions came in during this roleplay time) where the supervisor I interviewed with called as a service rep for the fake company, with a priority claim. This meant taking down claim number, name, item damaged. location. On my phone it was hard to hear just what the damaged item was, and I missed writing down the address. Almost right after that another staff member came in as a customer, looking to get a claim settled. He had all the paper work written out, but acted as a disinterested/unknowing client. For me, there was a misinformation here that the repaired item was under manufactures warranty and was going to be sent to the manufacturer for repair. I mistook this for the 'client' not having a place to send it for repair, and basic information on what the manufacture says the repair would cost. Instead of sending this 'client' with a payout check, I told them we would have to look into and estimate the coverage and get back to them. The rest of the scenarios followed much like this, with very little ( 2-3 minutes) downtime before shifting gears to another step. I feel that at the end I was more confident nd able t ohandle the "negotiations" with a repair company for a smaller rate, and contacting a "client" to tell them their item was at a total loss. But this may have been too little too late. I'm awaiting a supposed 48 turn around to hear back with a yay or nay.

Interview Questions

• During the Role Play, every document ( as well as personal notes you made) are taken and graded somehow in order to determine if you passed or not. Safe to say, I was not expecting a physical graded aspect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Very drawn out, 1 week plus between each correspondence. Made it through second interview, 50 minutes worth. Got an email saying thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Lots of experience questions that I had problems answering. Have lots of skills but that didn't help out much.   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEICO in January 2014.

Interview

The interview is a mixture of normal interview questions and role playing. You will be asked to play the role of a negotiator and show your skills to negotiate and resolve issues using problem solving skills. They want to see how you perform under pressure.

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Interview

Be prepared for a long process. They are in no hurry, until it comes time to pull the trigger and then you have to drop and run. Initial phone interview is cake, and provided you are not an idiot you'll get to the do the pencil test. One again not difficult. Get through that and the it is on to the face to face. Just compromise and you'll get it.

Interview Questions

• The customer said he wants a brand new factory made part...you have to use a used part. How to sell used part to customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, it was only one offer.