GEICO Auto Damage Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2014

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Auto Damage Trainee Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at GEICO.

Attempted to internally transfer from call center to Auto adjuster trainee in another state. The process was drawn out for 6 months. I went through all the interviews, role plays, ect and passed. The manager told me that even though I passed, he still thought I would fail out of the 3 month training school. After being jerked around for an additional month after my interview, I put my resignation in with the company and accepted an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions
  • The Role play was very hard. I was told the exact process and questions asked by co-workers that did it, and It was still hard. You can't prepare for it.   Answer Question

Process to long, Manager unprofessional , received better offer from a company that was excited to hire me.

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Auto Damage Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in October 2013.

The entire process for me was approximately five weeks long and pretty nerve-racking.

Initially, I was contacted by a recruiter via telephone letting me know that I met the requirements for the position and that they wanted to schedule a phone interview with me. So later that week we had the phone interview and there were questions asked such as "Why do you think you would be a good fit?" "Why Geico and not another insurance company?" "What appeals to you most about this position?" and then the recruiter went over my resume with me and asked some questions about what my responsibilities were in different jobs; it was pretty basic. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. At the end of the phone interview the recruiter asked me to give her a minute so she can review my information. About one minute later she notified me that I passed the phone interview and that she wants to move forward with me in the hiring process.

I then was scheduled to take two computerized tests and did so the next day with the recruiter on the phone and on hold while I took the tests (don't stress the recruiter being on the phone while you take it, all you do is put the phone down and let he/she know when you complete each section). The first test was reading comprehension, which was somewhat difficult for me. In part of it they give you a paragraph and give you questions to answer about it. The second part is a space visualization test which was easy for me; I think I got every single one correct. It's basically like 3d blocks and you are asked how many blocks a certain block is touching. Make sure to read the directions first so you completely understand what is being asked of you (common sense, I know, but if I didn't read the directions I may have counted incorrectly). For both sections there will be more questions than you will be able to complete, so don't rush and make sure to answer as accurately as possible. When I completed the tests I picked up the phone and let the recruiter know I was finished and was put on hold for a couple minutes while my results come in. The recruiter then let me know that I passed and wanted to move forward with me.

I was then asked to complete and email/fax back two motor vehicle forms.

The next step was an in person interview with a supervisor followed by a role play. (Side note: you don't have to wear a suit to this interview if you are a male. I did and it was apparent that I overdressed... It is a business casual environment and dress pants, dress shirt, and a tie would probably be your best bet). During the one-to-one interview with the supervisor he had about a ten page handout full of questions that he asked me. There were questions like what would you do in this or that situation, tell me a time when... etc. Tip: have examples/stories of times when you have dealt with stressful situations, how you deal with stress, an example of when you have went above and beyond for a customer, example of a difficult customer and how you handled it, etc.; these questions are followed by about two or three more questions about that specific example. This part took about an hour to complete.

The role play was definitely the most difficult part and took around two hours. The supervisor and an adjuster are handling this part. They sit you down at a desk, which has multiple pieces of paper laid out and about a ten page handout, and ask you to listen to a 30 minute CD that explains the job and what you will be doing (you will be an adjuster for a fake company). Follow along with the ten page handout as the CD reads word for word from that packet. Before I began listening to the CD they asked for my cell phone number and called that number during the role play, posing as customers, repair shops, etc. During the role play, expect to get phone calls, "walk in customers", negotiate with repair shops, and you will write estimates. Make sure to be as accurate as possible on your estimates and all paperwork because they will be turned into the recruiter following the interview and checked for accuracy. I struggled during the role play and was called about 3-4 days after the interview by the recruiter letting me know that I didn't score high enough and because of that they didn't select me for the position.

Side note: I have a Bachelors Degree in Business and my brother is an Auto Adjuster for Geico and I didn't get the position. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer"   Answer Question

Auto Damage Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GEICO in March 2013.

Applied online and filled out the lengthy screening survey. Three days later, I got an email explaining the training and position in more detail. I wasn't thrilled with training in VA Beach for a month but decided to not withdraw and emailed the recruiter a time to set up a phone screening. Four days later, we talked on the phone and I expressed my desire to not work on the weekends, that the take it or leave it salary was low and that the month in VA Beach could be a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Very straight forward questions asking about past experiences mostly focused on interacting with customers.   Answer Question

Auto Damage Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in April 2012.

There was a recruiter who called and described the position. He Then Scheduled a phone interview and then a computer test. He then called and scheduled a second phone interview and then a in-person interview was scheduled. Long interview with a lot of basic questions and a personality test at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions mostly. But the most unexpected would be "How do you feel about criticism and rejection and how have you handled it in the past?"   Answer Question

Other opportunities from a different company were a better fit.