GEICO Auto Damage Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

3.8

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The telephone interview was pretty basic (Tell me a little about yourself. What do you know about the position. Describe what you think a typical day consists of for someone in this position. etc.). The onsite interview is a different monster. If you have experience in this particular field, you should be fine. However, if you do not have experience in this field, good luck. Upon arrival, you are placed into a room. You are given several documents that you have to review. There will be a tape recorder reading you the instructions, and you'll have the instructions to read along. After the tape recording (about 15-20 minutes), you will have about 10 minutes to review the documents and the instructions before role playing begins. The phone will ring, or someone will stop in... and good luck from there.

Interview Questions

• * Tell me a about yourself. * What do you know about this position? * Why are you interested in this position? * Describe what you think a typical day would be like for someone in this position. * Role Playing   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I've been interviewing for about a month after submitting my original application. Role-Playing was pretty stressful, but I don't think they expect you to be perfect at it. Just use common sense and you'll be fine. I stated below that I did not get a job offer. I am currently waiting until next week to find out if I'm offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific interaction with an upset customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by email within a couple days. I was given an online test. It was a short test but it was timed. You were not expected to complete all the questions but my advice is to answer as many as you can, as quick as you can. Very simple test. After the test, I was informed by email that I passed. This was the same day. I was sent another email saying I had a phone interview scheduled. The interview was about my work experience and to get to know more about me. After that I was scheduled for a second phone interview. This interview was concerning my leadership experience. Just be very detail oriented about your work experience and you will do fine. A few hours later I received a phone call saying they wanted to move further with me and scheduled me for a role playing interview. This is where things went awry. The whole role-playing process was very challenging and the odds are stacked against you. They place you in a room that is a make believe office. You are given 35 minutes to read a stack of papers to read that explains your role in a fake company. It is a lot of information to take in. You are given specific instructions that you must follow. The desk table was very small and there was not enough room to be organized. I couldn't stack the papers in one stack because I needed several of the sheets to access through out the role play. You were expected to multi task, be organized, follow the directions given, and provide good customer service. You have to answer phone calls, handle walk ins, and pretend you are going into the field. Two guys came and pretended to be customers. Their first visit was normal. The second is when they were very rude. They will judge your reactions. I didn't react to their negativity and that possibly hurt me. I felt I did poor in the role play but I did my best considering the circumstances. Its difficult to do a job that you only had 30 minutes to prepare for. I think the role play should be done after you are hired. It should be used for training not for hiring. A panel interview would be so much better at seeing a candidates potential. The next day after the role play I received an email saying I was not accepted for the position. I expected to be rejected because the guy I met during the role play was very short and direct. He did give me a chance to give my feedback. I knew I he felt I didn't do well although he didn't say it. They send the email at the end of the business day so there is less chance of you calling them to get feedback. I'm grateful I didnt get selected because the interview process and the job wasn't worth the pay that was offered. I feel like it was a waste of time and I will not be applying in 6 months as the email suggested. If you have a high tolerance for unnecessary processes, then this will be a great fit for you. I don't have the patience level for their hiring process. It is prolonged and too drawn out. Good luck to anyone that will go through this process in the future.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
    • What makes you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you could not give a customer what they asked for and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • What will your prior manager say about your attendance?   Answer Question

Auto Damage Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GEICO in October 2014.

Interview

After applying, I received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted less than ten minutes. During the interview they ran through some questions such as, "are you interested in this kind of job", "are you willing to dedicate time in our training process", "awareness of safety precautions", and etc. I was actually not interested in this job so I don't think I sounded too confident in this position. If you are wanting this position, please review the job description! They said traveling expenses to train out of state is paid through Geico!

Auto Damage Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Attempted to internally transfer from call center to Auto adjuster trainee in another state. The process was drawn out for 6 months. I went through all the interviews, role plays, ect and passed. The manager told me that even though I passed, he still thought I would fail out of the 3 month training school. After being jerked around for an additional month after my interview, I put my resignation in with the company and accepted an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• The Role play was very hard. I was told the exact process and questions asked by co-workers that did it, and It was still hard. You can't prepare for it.   Answer Question

Process to long, Manager unprofessional , received better offer from a company that was excited to hire me.

Auto Damage Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in October 2013.

Interview

The entire process for me was approximately five weeks long and pretty nerve-racking. Initially, I was contacted by a recruiter via telephone letting me know that I met the requirements for the position and that they wanted to schedule a phone interview with me. So later that week we had the phone interview and there were questions asked such as "Why do you think you would be a good fit?" "Why Geico and not another insurance company?" "What appeals to you most about this position?" and then the recruiter went over my resume with me and asked some questions about what my responsibilities were in different jobs; it was pretty basic. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. At the end of the phone interview the recruiter asked me to give her a minute so she can review my information. About one minute later she notified me that I passed the phone interview and that she wants to move forward with me in the hiring process. I then was scheduled to take two computerized tests and did so the next day with the recruiter on the phone and on hold while I took the tests (don't stress the recruiter being on the phone while you take it, all you do is put the phone down and let he/she know when you complete each section). The first test was reading comprehension, which was somewhat difficult for me. In part of it they give you a paragraph and give you questions to answer about it. The second part is a space visualization test which was easy for me; I think I got every single one correct. It's basically like 3d blocks and you are asked how many blocks a certain block is touching. Make sure to read the directions first so you completely understand what is being asked of you (common sense, I know, but if I didn't read the directions I may have counted incorrectly). For both sections there will be more questions than you will be able to complete, so don't rush and make sure to answer as accurately as possible. When I completed the tests I picked up the phone and let the recruiter know I was finished and was put on hold for a couple minutes while my results come in. The recruiter then let me know that I passed and wanted to move forward with me. I was then asked to complete and email/fax back two motor vehicle forms. The next step was an in person interview with a supervisor followed by a role play. (Side note: you don't have to wear a suit to this interview if you are a male. I did and it was apparent that I overdressed... It is a business casual environment and dress pants, dress shirt, and a tie would probably be your best bet). During the one-to-one interview with the supervisor he had about a ten page handout full of questions that he asked me. There were questions like what would you do in this or that situation, tell me a time when... etc. Tip: have examples/stories of times when you have dealt with stressful situations, how you deal with stress, an example of when you have went above and beyond for a customer, example of a difficult customer and how you handled it, etc.; these questions are followed by about two or three more questions about that specific example. This part took about an hour to complete. The role play was definitely the most difficult part and took around two hours. The supervisor and an adjuster are handling this part. They sit you down at a desk, which has multiple pieces of paper laid out and about a ten page handout, and ask you to listen to a 30 minute CD that explains the job and what you will be doing (you will be an adjuster for a fake company). Follow along with the ten page handout as the CD reads word for word from that packet. Before I began listening to the CD they asked for my cell phone number and called that number during the role play, posing as customers, repair shops, etc. During the role play, expect to get phone calls, "walk in customers", negotiate with repair shops, and you will write estimates. Make sure to be as accurate as possible on your estimates and all paperwork because they will be turned into the recruiter following the interview and checked for accuracy. I struggled during the role play and was called about 3-4 days after the interview by the recruiter letting me know that I didn't score high enough and because of that they didn't select me for the position. Side note: I have a Bachelors Degree in Business and my brother is an Auto Adjuster for Geico and I didn't get the position. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer"   Answer Question

Auto Damage Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GEICO in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online and filled out the lengthy screening survey. Three days later, I got an email explaining the training and position in more detail. I wasn't thrilled with training in VA Beach for a month but decided to not withdraw and emailed the recruiter a time to set up a phone screening. Four days later, we talked on the phone and I expressed my desire to not work on the weekends, that the take it or leave it salary was low and that the month in VA Beach could be a problem.

Interview Questions

• Very straight forward questions asking about past experiences mostly focused on interacting with customers.   Answer Question

Auto Damage Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in April 2012.

Interview

There was a recruiter who called and described the position. He Then Scheduled a phone interview and then a computer test. He then called and scheduled a second phone interview and then a in-person interview was scheduled. Long interview with a lot of basic questions and a personality test at the end.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions mostly. But the most unexpected would be "How do you feel about criticism and rejection and how have you handled it in the past?"   Answer Question

Other opportunities from a different company were a better fit.