GEICO

GEICO Claims Service Representative II Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

interviewed at GEICO in April 2014.

initial face/face interview

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation when you were assigned a task with minimal or incomplete instructions. How did you begin the task and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Inflexible regarding starting salary and offer was too low.

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO in December 2011.

I applied on a Wednesday night and received a phone call to do a phone interview. The phone interview was asking about my job history and why I wanted to work for GEICO. He saw that I had just graduated and he said that since I had a degree I over qualified for a first level claims representative. He offered me a higher position to go for that made more money. Since I had just graduated he asked if I was applying to other jobs. I said one and he said ok to come in next week for the next step. When I got there they had us sit in a room with computers and there were two other people there with me. The first test was the personality test. After that was a typing skills test, which consisted of, listening to phone calls and reading emails and entering the information. After the test the two other people were called to speak with people. I was left alone in the room to watch a video and then a woman came in saying I passed the test. After I watched the video they gave me a brochure and I had to answer questions like why do I want to work for GEICO and what I would like least about the job. After I filled out the questions I stepped into the room to do a one-on-one interview. He introduced himself and mentioned how long he worked at GEICO and how he moved up. He mentioned that the HR person was on vacation and how he was asked to do my interview. He asked the same questions about my job history, if I would be able to work and not miss any days, and why I wanted to work for GEICO. After I explained he kept saying “No why GEICO?” After I kept explaining he said I heard you applied for another job, what does GEICO have that the other job you applied for doesn’t. He was very spiteful, so I guess moral of the story DON’T LET THEM KNOW YOU APPLIED FOR OTHER JOBS! (Even though I just graduated from college and of course I am going to apply for other jobs). He said he would send my answers to hiring managers and they would let me know through email. I knew I didn’t get the job when he said that and the next day I received an email that I didn’t get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in October 2010.

Was supposed to have a phone interview on 4 different occasions. They kept calling to cancel and reschedule. Finally when I had the interview they asked if I was planning a vacation. I said, yes If I don't get this job then I will probably be going away. She said that I cannot miss training. I told her my trip was not booked and repeated what I had previously said. She then continued that training was crucial and could not be missed. Needless to say she was an idiot and I did not get the job because I thought about taking a vaction IF I DIDn't get the job. My advice to you... Do not mention a vacation EVER if you want this job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in July 2010.

Normally consists of the following...
    -Phone interview - getting an idea for how you speak on the phone, how you handle yourself, why you'd like to work for the company, strengths, weakness etc...
    -Computer testing - basically makes sure you know how to use a computer, click between tabs and type.
    -First In person interview - Pretty much the same questions as the phone interview.
    -Mock phone calls - they give you a company to study (they differ between what you applied for) they then call you about three times from a different room and you need to either sell the product they've made up or handle service type calls. They then evaluate how well you did, ask what you could've done better and ask how you would handle irate people, ask how you've handled irate people in the past etc...
    -Second in person - will normally have you sit side by side with someone on the floor for a bit to get an idea of the job. After about 30-45 minutes they then ask questions about what you saw, how you would handle some of the situations etc. This is normally followed up with the meeting with a manger (which if you've gotten this far you're pretty much hired).

Interview Questions
    • Questions are pretty generic; What are your strengths, weaknesses, goals? Why do you want to work here? What could you bring to the company? How are you with working as a team?
      But to be honest, the company is based off being number 1 in customer service, so what they really want to hear is "I love helping people out in tough situations." "I want to be there for people who don't know what to do." "I want to make it easy for the person." They don't want to hear you say "I'm a perfectionist." "I work too hard." They want to hear people say that have issues but know to stay calm and have goals to perfect their problems.
        Answer Question