GEICO Claims Service Representative Interview Questions

3.2

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

I first received a phone interview which went really well, the man on the phone was super nice and easy to talk to. He asked questions like why GEICO? He started off with I have some good news and bad news. First the bad news you weren't chosen for Customer Representative. Now the good news we have decided you would be best as a Claims Representative, or in Sales, which would you be interested in? Then he asked, if I would be wiling to work holidays. Then he tells me the different shifts they work, and then he asked me which one I'm most interested in. He asks, if I'm willing to work weekends. Then he tells you the salary and asked if that's ok. Then he tells you if you want you can interview that afternoon if your ready, or you can come in the next day and he gives you the 3 different interview shifts and ask which one would you like. You pick one, he puts you down for that, and then he tells you that you will receive an email from them shortly with what you need to bring, etc. The next day when I went in for the interview the security guard issued me into the HR department. HR gives you a brochure to read about the company and then they ask your several questions on the brochure. HR gives a typing test which is super easy to pass. They also give you a test where you have to decide which department of claims to put the call in, person's name, customer number, city & state, zip code, etc. If you do not do this correctly or fast enough you don't make it to the other 4 parts of the testing. I passed the typing test, but not pass the second part of the testing.

Interview Questions
  • I only did the phone interview and I did not find that unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

very lengthy they get in no hurry, have you coming back several different days, seems like a lot of people are being interviewed. They are not very friendly and very matter of fact

Claims Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO.

The hiring and interview process went fast for me, but only because my training class started in 3 weeks and they needed to rush for my background check. Other employees in my same training class advised me that their interview process took a couple months, because they kept filing up their spots after they were offered the position. The interview process is very extensive. It is typically a 6 step process to get hired for the position (steps 3-6 must be done on site at the office, separate appointment times, but they will work with your schedule).

1. Submit Online Application
    2. Personality Assessment
    3. Phone Interview
    4. Computer Assessment Test (To see if you can multi-task)
    5. Role-Play Assessment For The Particular Position
    6. Final Interview (With Department Manager)

Then if offered, they will conduct a credit check, background check & a drug test, which also takes another week.

No negotiation, Take it or leave it. They can hire the next younger person for the same money or less.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO.

Start off by sending your app, answering questions, all the basic sort of stuff. You get communication that says you can come in to do some tests. You get there and you take a test to see if you're eligible to work (scenario questions, memory, etc...). After that, you talk to an HR rep about the position. Then you go into an interview, followed by some role play and tests.

Interview Questions
    • if something happens or you don't get it, you can't apply for another 6 months. As long as you aren't slow in the head, you should find the tests are pretty easy.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Applied and immediately received an email requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was very standard, and was informed immediately that a lack of experience would cause my consideration to be terminated.

Interview Questions
    • No out-of-the-blue surprising questions, but the interviewer was difficult to understand at times (due to an accent).   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

I was asked if I had a Bachelor's. I said no, and asked what field of study they were looking for. She told me it didn't matter, they would just pay me more if I had a Bachelor's in anything at all (what??). The questions were very geared toward attendance and job dedication, but not geared toward actual skills and experience. I don't have much to say about it because the interview was surprisingly short.

Interview Questions

I accepted the offer, but after a few days I retracted it. They wanted me to start in the middle of winter (snow, ice, flu season). I was told I was not allowed to call off for a full 3 months for any reason, even with a doctor's note, or I would be terminated immediately. I was also told I was not allowed to schedule off for a full 6 months. I said OK to this because I am dedicated to my job, but then I began to realize that life is too unexpected to place myself in a position of getting fired for needing to take off, especially since I have a family. I also read reviews on here that said the call-off and schedule-off policies are horrendous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GEICO in August 2012.

Awesome hiring process. It took two days. First went through a computer test, then on the second interview I was tested on the phone, and introduced to the work environment. Interviewer was very friendly and I was introduced to the big manager too. I was offered the job at the end of the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was an engineering major, so the interviewer was curious as to why I was interested in the position since it is unrelated to the skills required for the job,   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fredericksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Received a phone interview, where they asked basic questions about absences, going to work 100% of the time, any criminal charges, etc. Then moved on to the face to face interview. At the F2F interview, completed a computer test, which involved listening/reading invoices and placing the information in the correct categories, and then a typing test. Then there was an interview, with the usual interview questions, and then a phone simulation test.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you switch from your industry to this industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GEICO.

The hiring process was long in my opinion. First you get a phone call (prescreening) where she just asked about jobs on your resume, why did you leave? and what other job have u applied for? After that i went into the woodbury office took a computer based test, typing skills & multi-tasking pretty easy. Thankfully i passed the exam and went and did the face to face interview, then i was moved onto the second part of the interview process where i had to take a few calls, just to see what the job would be like. Then i was also to shadow (sit side by side) with a live representative listen to a few calls. then i went on the final face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why this position? what other job did you apply for? why geico? and alot of role play questions, dealing with angry customers, etc   Answer Question
    Not negotiational.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GEICO in February 2013.

After filling out my application, I got a call with in about a week. The interview was tough, but definitely prepared me for my job. Everyone I spoke with throughout the day long process was very pleasant and nice

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!