GEICO

Average Difficulty
36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Start off by sending your app, answering questions, all the basic sort of stuff. You get communication that says you can come in to do some tests. You get there and you take a test to see if you're eligible to work (scenario questions, memory, etc...). After that, you talk to an HR rep about the position. Then you go into an interview, followed by some role play and tests.

Interview Question – if something happens or you don't get it, you can't apply for another 6 months. As long as you aren't slow in the head, you should find the tests are pretty easy.   View Answer

Macon, GA

Interviewed at GEICO

Interview Details – Applied and immediately received an email requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was very standard, and was informed immediately that a lack of experience would cause my consideration to be terminated.

Interview Question – No out-of-the-blue surprising questions, but the interviewer was difficult to understand at times (due to an accent).   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Claims Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – I was asked if I had a Bachelor's. I said no, and asked what field of study they were looking for. She told me it didn't matter, they would just pay me more if I had a Bachelor's in anything at all (what??). The questions were very geared toward attendance and job dedication, but not geared toward actual skills and experience. I don't have much to say about it because the interview was surprisingly short.

Interview Question – Nothing was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted the offer, but after a few days I retracted it. They wanted me to start in the middle of winter (snow, ice, flu season). I was told I was not allowed to call off for a full 3 months for any reason, even with a doctor's note, or I would be terminated immediately. I was also told I was not allowed to schedule off for a full 6 months. I said OK to this because I am dedicated to my job, but then I began to realize that life is too unexpected to place myself in a position of getting fired for needing to take off, especially since I have a family. I also read reviews on here that said the call-off and schedule-off policies are horrendous.

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GEICO in August 2012.

Interview Details – Awesome hiring process. It took two days. First went through a computer test, then on the second interview I was tested on the phone, and introduced to the work environment. Interviewer was very friendly and I was introduced to the big manager too. I was offered the job at the end of the second interview.

Interview Question – I was an engineering major, so the interviewer was curious as to why I was interested in the position since it is unrelated to the skills required for the job,   Answer Question

Fredericksburg, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Received a phone interview, where they asked basic questions about absences, going to work 100% of the time, any criminal charges, etc. Then moved on to the face to face interview. At the F2F interview, completed a computer test, which involved listening/reading invoices and placing the information in the correct categories, and then a typing test. Then there was an interview, with the usual interview questions, and then a phone simulation test.

Interview Question – Why did you switch from your industry to this industry?   Answer Question

Woodbury, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – The hiring process was long in my opinion. First you get a phone call (prescreening) where she just asked about jobs on your resume, why did you leave? and what other job have u applied for? After that i went into the woodbury office took a computer based test, typing skills & multi-tasking pretty easy. Thankfully i passed the exam and went and did the face to face interview, then i was moved onto the second part of the interview process where i had to take a few calls, just to see what the job would be like. Then i was also to shadow (sit side by side) with a live representative listen to a few calls. then i went on the final face to face interview.

Interview Question – Why this position? what other job did you apply for? why geico? and alot of role play questions, dealing with angry customers, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiational.

Macon, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GEICO in February 2013.

Interview Details – After filling out my application, I got a call with in about a week. The interview was tough, but definitely prepared me for my job. Everyone I spoke with throughout the day long process was very pleasant and nice

Interview Question – "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer

Katy, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was under the impression that this would be a fairly routine process and it took almost 6 hours

Interview Question – The role playing was more dificult that I expected it to be.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations .

Claims Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in February 2014.

Interview Details – I recently applied for the position and was promptly invited to a phone interview where I was asked questions about info on my resume. I was given information about the job, the salary, the hours, the training and attendance expectations. It all went very well and I was scheduled for the next step which I was told would take 3-5 hours. This consisted of a typing test, a computer multi-tasking test and a personality test. The typing test was ok. The multi-tasking test involved a fictitious medical company where you had to answer either online or phone scenarios. It was a little confusing however I passed all 3 & was told to wait approx. 1 hour to speak with someone from HR. This next step involved speaking with a HR rep for approx. 45 min. There were numerous "what would you do" questions as well as others.
The next day I was notified by e-mail to set up another appointment but shortly after, I received a voice message saying the e-mail had been sent in error & that I would not be moving on to the next step. Sure to say I was a bit disappointed but also a bit annoyed at their mistake. I realize Geico is a big company and from what I was told offer great benefits and pay but their hiring process could be a bit more personalized.

Interview Question – How would I handle a customer's claim where the deductible could not be waived.   Answer Question

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was contact by telephone very short interview she ask short question..

Interview Question – I answer all the question she ask but didn't understand her last question.. And she didn't explain it to me..   View Answer

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!