GEICO Claims Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

3.3

Claims Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

It was a long drawn ou process. The interview process starts with a phone interview with someone from HR and once you get through that then you go in for computer testing and a second in-person interview with someone from HR. If you pass the second interview, then you will moe on to the final stage which is being interviewed by a manger form the department you applied to .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very long. First, I had to fill out a personality assessment online which took about thirty minutes. Next, I had the option to select a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was very simple. They just outline job requirements, dress code, attendance expectations, etc. At the end of the phone interview, I was given an invitation to interview in person. If you interview in person plan on spending several hours there. The first thing I did is take a computer multitasking test and typing test, which is extremely easy if you follow the instructions. That portion lasted about 45 minutes. Next, I was invited back for an interview with HR, which took about another 45 minutes. They ask detailed questions about customer related situations, so be prepared to answer these. After that interview, I was taken back for a role play test that is tailored to whichever position you are applying for. They give you about thirty minutes to look through a set of papers and files and then start making mock phone calls. I think the most important part of this portion is to make sure to be sympathetic and understanding to upset customers, while also delivering accurate information. It is a bit stressful and I was surprised that I passed, to be honest. Next, I was called upstairs to shadow an employee and shortly after I was offered a position. The entire interview process took 6 hours. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Geico?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a customer was unsatisfied with the service they received and what you did to help them?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation with a customer that you solved?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about being on the phone all day with little breaks in between?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX).

Interview

I filled out the application online. I got an email to take an assessment test the same day. The next day, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I then was invited in for a face to face interview (which took FOREVER). When I arrived, I took a multi tasking/typing test- EASY (although only 2 out of 6 of us passed). I then met with a recruiting manager and answered interview questions (typical situational questions). Then I did some mock calls. They put me in room full of papers, pens, highlighters, and folders with information in them. I had 30 minutes to read through everything and then the phone would ring. There were 4 different calls with different scenarios. I thought I did a great job! But they didn't seem to think so. They had me sit in the waiting room for a good 20 minutes only to come back and say, "I've sent everything up to management and someone will be in contact with you soon." --- YOU DO NOT WANT TO HEAR THOSE WORDS.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and afterward immediately got an email to take an assessment, then the next day around noon a recruiter called me and asked me a few questions and told me to come in for a face to face interview on Monday at 10:15 am.

Interview Questions

• Why have I made the decision to leave my current employer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. Initial communication was with Hiring manager about application and assessment. I had a phone interview scheduled and was then offered to go in for skills(multi tasking/typing test-TEST) and first part of the interview. 5 out of 6 of us made it to the next steps. Then had a situational interview as well as talked about my previous work experience. Stepped out and went back in to a role play environment (via phone-kind of challenging) I think they are looking to see how you handle the call and under pressure even if you don't know the answer right away. PASSED ! (I was a bit nervous didn't know how well I did, but I did well enough) ADVICE-remain calm, cheerful and positive. NEXT STEP! Listened to a few calls with a current employee. And finally had my last interview with another manager. If you make it to listening to the call... You pretty much have the job!! The last interview wasn't so bad, but the last interview will either make you or break you by your responses I'm sure... situational questions (how did you handle this situation.. What would you do...) also went over my resume. Was offered the job !!!!! (:

Interview Questions

• How did you handle this .. What would you do.. Why should we we offer this position to you... What can you bring to the company.... Why do you want to work at geico...   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at geico   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. $15.55/hr

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GEICO (Honolulu, HI) in July 2015.

Interview

You do a phone interview, if they don't like the answers you give them they tell you they will hand the information over to the hiring manager which it total BS because couple days later they email you saying you didn't get the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fairly hard. I did personality test online, phone interview, multitasking test, interview, trial phone call test, another interview, then u shadow another associate, then u finally have the final interview with the floor manager. The process to 2 days. About 6hrs total. They ask alot of behavior questions and want specific answers. The entire process is drawn out and long!!!!!! Omg!! Be patient if u make it to the shadowing an associate part u pretty much have the job!

Interview Questions

• what do u do when u have an angry customer? why should i hire u? what attracts u to claims position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations! Pay is $15.50/hr

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line via the GEICO website on Wednesday evening. Received an email immediately saying my application was accepted. Received another email with a link to take a personality assessment test on-line. After completing the test, received another email saying I would receive a phone interview on Thursday at 9:45 AM. The phone interview was very simple. The caller basically outlined the job description and the information on my application. Ended the call by extending an invitation to continue the process. Then received an email with an invitation to come to the GEICO Regional Office for further consideration. My appointment was Monday at 9:30 AM. Arrived at 9 and was immediately taken to the testing center. There were 4 others taking the test. The test was a computer generated multi-tasking test. Apparently everyone passed, because one by one we were escorted upstairs for a one on one interview with someone in HR.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to apply with GEICO?   2 Answers
    • Why should you be hired over someone else who is applying?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time you were able to provide excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time a customer disagreed with you. How did it go, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time a supervisor disagreed with you. How did it go, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • There were some other questions concerning how you would handle difficult customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Got an email then got a call took the test and its simple only that i was over thinking just read and the ans is there . The next test wasnt as bad you just have to count the blocks. I did not pass the first part of the text but now i have to wait 6 months to apply again

Interview Questions

• What if your in a neighborhood where they are shooting? Would that be ok   1 Answer

Claims Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

First, they conduct a phone interview which should last anywhere between 10-20 minutes. If you get past that, they will invite you to take a computerized test designed to assess your "ability to multitask" and "computer skills". After that, you will interview with human resources where they will ask questions in regards to your work history, availability, how you deal with difficult situations, etc. If you say what they want to hear, you will get past this part and move on to the next phase of the hiring process which is the role play scenario. This role play portion of the hiring process consists of you completing a couple of tasks similar to the responsibilities of the position you apply for. They provide you with information regarding a fake insurance company and you receive phone calls from people pretending to be customers of this company. Here, you are being tested on your interactions with customers, multitasking ability, and interpersonal skills. Afterwards, you are asked questions in regards to your opinions of the exercise and you can expect to hear from them via e-mail or phone call in one or two business days regardless if you are selected to move on in this arduous process. If you are selected to move on, you will be expected to shadow someone who has the position you applied for and after that you will interview with the specific department you would be working for if you got the position. If they like you, then congratulations! If not, don't be upset about it. There are "plenty" of "job opportunities" at other companies. Hopefully, other companies won't force you into an absurd process like this. Good luck to anyone who reads this regardless if you are applying for Geico or another more worthy company.

Interview Questions

• Q: How did you overcome a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question