GEICO Claims Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.1

Claims Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO in March 2015.

You receive an invitation to do a phone interview and if thats passed successfully then you move on to testing...which if thats passed they interview you and take you through a simulated call scenario which is kinda nerve wrecking because you are given a ton of paperwork and only a few minutes to review before the simulation began.....all in all great process though.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you handled a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Claims Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in March 2015.

Once the application is filled out online, a link is sent by email to complete a personality test. If you score well on the personality assessment, someone will contact you to do a phone interview. If the phone interview goes over well, you are then asked to go into the hiring location to complete computer testing. If you pass the computer and typing tests, you are then asked to stay for the rest of the interview process. The rest of the process consists of a face-to-face interview, role playing, job shadowing, then a final interview with the hiring manager of the department. Once you get through the role playing part of the assessment, everything else is pretty much smooth sailing. It is a rather long process but be patient and have a great attitude to show them you really want the position. It generally takes anywhere from 4-6 hours if you are going to be offered a position for the whole process in one day.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions are all based on the behavioral model interviews. Just remember to think about your answers and situations and use the STAR method when answering. STAR: Situation, Task, Action taken, and Result.   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO in December 2014.

I filled out for the position online and was contacted 2 days later for a phone interview. I was expected to take a typing skills test and 2nd interview in person 2 weeks later and begin training the following 2 weeks after. Great interviewer and seemed to be honest about the position expectations.

Interview Questions
    • The work hours did not align with my work and family life since I would be relocating to another state.   Answer Question

I decided not to relocate at the particular time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in November 2014.

The interview process is very extensive but not too hard. It includes a typing test and practice trial customer service phone testing done by management to test you on dealing with uneasy customers. Expect to be there 5-6 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult questions, the part that is more difficult is the role playing and you do not know what to expect. All scenarios are different. You have to be able to handle a lot of paperwork via computer while handling the uneasy customer.   Answer Question
    Pretty much took what they offered, in the initial phone interview I had already accepted the offer.

Claims Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

Applied online, received e-mail with an hour, and scheduled phone interview for the next day. The phone interview was mainly basic questions about past employment, availability, etc. Most of it was being informed on the pay, attendance policy, training class start date.

Interview Questions
    • What would your most recent employer say about your attendance?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in November 2014.

I had a phone interview first which was basic questions (I.E employment experience, education level, and salary requirements). This was followed up by an in office interview. Once I arrived, I filled out paperwork and then waited to take the electronic test. The test was relatively easy if you read the instructions. Next, I waited in the lobby area to find out my results. If the receptionist calls you back, chances are you did not pass. I was called back by a recruiter for the claims dept. After I spoke with her for about 15 mins, I was directed to wait in the waiting area again. About 10 mins. later, the recruiter invited me back to her office. Here, she explained that she wanted to refer me to another position because my credentials matched the criteria. I then spoke with the recruiter for the Management Development Program. I have another interview this Thursday. Wish me luck!

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in November 2014.

Completed an application online for claims service representative on a Monday and received an email the next day stating that I was invited to interview over the phone. I was asked to pick the time that was best for me to interview over the phone. I interviewed that Wednesday. The interviewer called me to interview around 1:00 the interview only lasted about 10 min. She asked me questions about previous employment and why I chose to apply for that position, as well as how I had heard about the position. She asked me about my education experience as well. Since I have a bachelors degree and graduated with a good overall gpa my interviewer went ahead and recommended me for a higher position in the company; both the liability claims representative position and the management trainee program. Both these positions have a significant difference in pay, so I was super excited. I am scheduled to come in for an assessment and interview next week so I am still in the process, hoping all goes well. I haven't got an offer yet.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to apply for this position?   View Answer

Claims Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

I got a call for an interview a couple of hours after I sent my application. went in a week later for a skill test which was easy and kind of fun, then a week later went back for a really short interview, about 30 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard, ask a lot of questions as if you already had the job and what you would do if a customer called you about different complaints.   View Answer

Claims Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

Applied online, received an email to do an assessment, then they send you a link to schedule a phone interview (you have to keep on top of your emails). They are precise with the time you choose to be called for the phone interview (if you select 9AM, better be at your phone by 9AM) Phone interviewer go over your resume, ask basic questions about you education and job experience. After the phone interview, they will let you know if they will forward you to go to one of their offices for a computer assessment which test you on multitasking and date entry, typing, etc. Once finish with the computer assessment test, they will let you know if you pass or fail, once pass you go on to the personality interview one on one test which they ask you "what would you do type of questions". Once that's finish you do role play where you sit in a office, review materials for 30 minutes and you have to play roles dealing with angry customers, filing claims, and so forth. They will let you know if you pass or fail. They then have to have you shadow a trained CSR with a headset to listen to live calls, for me it took about 1.5 hrs, then the final interview step was with the hiring manager (they ask the same questions similar to the personality interview). The manager then will step out for two minutes, come back in and offer the position. The offer is made the same day, I'm guessing if they say they will contact you later, it's probably a no go. For me, I did the entire interview in one day because I had the time and figured i should get everything over with but if you're booked for other activities that day, they will work with you to come back to finish other steps of the interview on your time. I did paperwork and everything the same day I was offered the position, now I'm waiting to start the training. Good luck to everyone.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult questions, just be quick and accurate, also smart with your responses. Example, explain a time when you had a difficult situation and turned it around into a positive one. (give respond to something customer service related) Try to give response pertaining to customer oriented or what will suit the job position.   Answer Question
    No negotiation... take it as offered

Claims Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

The hiring and interview process went fast for me, but only because my training class started in 3 weeks and they needed to rush for my background check. Other employees in my same training class advised me that their interview process took a couple months, because they kept filing up their spots after they were offered the position. The interview process is very extensive. It is typically a 6 step process to get hired for the position (steps 3-6 must be done on site at the office, separate appointment times, but they will work with your schedule).

1. Submit Online Application
    2. Personality Assessment
    3. Phone Interview
    4. Computer Assessment Test (To see if you can multi-task)
    5. Role-Play Assessment For The Particular Position
    6. Final Interview (With Department Manager)

Then if offered, they will conduct a credit check, background check & a drug test, which also takes another week.

No negotiation, Take it or leave it. They can hire the next younger person for the same money or less.