GEICO Claims Service Representative Interview Questions

3.2

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Getzville, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Getzville, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in December 2011.

I had applied online on a Wednesday night, and received a phone call for my phone interview on that Thursday afternoon. It went smooth. I answered all the questions to the best of my ability and I was asked to come in for the skills test, personality test, & a one-on-one interview the following Saturday. The gentleman on the phone informed me of a drug test, background check, and credit check.

Interview Questions
  • What do you plan to do with this degree once you obtain it?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at GEICO in September 2011.

I applied for the position on Sunday and was contacted via email the next day that I would be contacted by a HR Recruiter for a phone interview. During the phone interview on Tuesday I was asked several generic interview questions such as How would you respond to an angry/upset customer? Explain your previous work history/experience? Have you ever been convicted or pled guilty to a felony or misdemenor? I answered that I had pled guilty for a misdemeanor 5 years ago and was told that it would not hinder my hiring processs as it was not a felony. I was then given the training schedule which I was told would be 3 months and given an idea of my possible work schedule. I was schedule to come in the following Monday to do the Computer testing, Claims Simulation Modules, 1:1 Interview and Shadowing, Interview with Senior Management. I successfully passed the computer typing test and simulation modules and was told to wait to have my 1:1 interview. I spoke with an older lady during my interview who was extremely rude and cold. Upon entering her office, she had a paper where I need to explain in detail my conviction, why I did it, what were my consequences and am I still on probation. From that moment forward she was extremely cold in her questions. During the first process we had to watch a video that gave you an idea of what you would be doing in claims, so when the Interviewer asked what I would do if I can't resolve my claim. I stated that I would pass it on the the second tier claims specialist and she said NO you are the only one who handles your 200-300 claims and that their isn't a second tier specialist. I told her that I concluded that answer BASED on the video that stated that's the claims process. She asked me to explain in detail what I thought I would be doing everyday and I gave her my best answer, she didn't like the fact that my answer was not exactly what the job entailed. I then told her I have never worked in claims nor insurance so I couldn't possibly know EXACTLY what I would be doing without training or experience, yet that didn't matter to her. She asked my why would I want to work at GEICO because I have a degree in something else. I didn't understand why that was so hard to comprehend, I needed a job! I'm sure not everyone who works for GEICO has a degree in INSURANCE (I know that no such degree exist). She stated that she would have to pass my application and scores to another HR Manager and it would take 5 business days for me to hear a response. I knew at that point I hadn't been hired because the position started on 9/26/2011 which was exactly 5 business days away.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the least favorite thing about your job as a claims specialiast?   View Answer
    • Training is 6 months and you are not allowed to miss any days, do you have anything planned during these 6 months?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at GEICO in August 2011.

The interview process was great until I got passed the whole personality/IQ/Typing test. The recruiter was cold and made a huge deal about me relocating. Asked me the same questions over and over again. Very condescending. Seemed to warn up at the end. Was told that since I was interested in two position she needed to e-mail the departments (this was a lie to not tell me I got the job). Did not go on to role-play even thought highly qualified for the job due to the fact of re-locating. Got an email 6 days later declining me to go any farther.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GEICO in August 2011.

I applied online and received an email inviting me to a testing session. I was taken in with a group to a computer and I was tested on my typing skills and my multi-tasking skills. I made it through that, though some were sent home. I had already completed my two interviews at the college (GEICO had a day of recruiting on campus). I waited for about an hour and was finally taken back to role play. I was very nervous during this. It is the same scenario that has been mentioned over and over on here. I was told that I should receive a call back next week to meet with a manager for an interview, if I am chosen. I read earlier that many go on to that next interview if they are chosen...so I am not sure. A bit nervous now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at GEICO in July 2011.

After a very easy typing test in which everyone in the group of 6 passed, I was forced to wait for over 3 hours until I finally got my 1 on 1 interview. The interview was with a very robotic and monotone woman which made it miserable to take part it. I have been to many interviews and I had wonderful answers lined up for all her questions, but was told I would recieve word via email in a couple days. Those fools rejected me. The starting salary is very low but they lead you to believe that you will move up rapidly in the company. With all the employees that they have, hardly anyone is moving up. I would only try this company as a last resort which was where I was at when I applied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in July 2011.

I completed an online resume and later received and email that requested I schedule a time to come to their facility for testing. Upon arriving I was asked to complete a questionnaire about what I thought was most appealing about the position and what was least appealing.

Once this was completed, I was herded into a computer lab with other potential employees. It data extraction, typing exercises, and personality test. I was notified that I had passed test and would be interviewed that day.

The interviewer was polite, but not the hiring manager. She immediately notified me that what the hourly wage and hours would be and asked if I would like to proceed. Though the wage didn't necessarily excite me, I had already spent 3 hours waiting and decided to move forward.

The questions asked were very formatted and there was obviously strict boundaries on what types of feedback the interviewer could provide. A very cold, clinical process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will be your greatest motivator doing this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO in June 2011.

The interview process is extremely long and nerve racking ( for me at least). One step was taking an assessment, then coming in to take another skills test. If you pass, You then were scheduled for a phone interview. After passing the phone interview i then came for an interview and an role playing test, which i also passed. And next i came in to shadow on of the reps and then was interviewed AGAIN by the Dept manager. I was hoping that i would be offered the interview today, however she said that she was going to look over everything and contact me within 3 to 5 days. I really want this job, I'm eager to start my career. We will see.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you wouldn't like about the position?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in April 2011.

Very extensive interview. Very dept testing.

Interview Questions
    • The reason I left previous/current employer   View Answer
    The only portion of the interview that one could negotiate about is the schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in May 2011.

The interview process was long but very pleasant. I was scared to go after reading some of the reviews from this website. I received a phone call from the HR representative. He asked questions that made me explain everything over my resume. After that he schedule me for a assessment test. The test was not as hard as I thought. Mostly everyone in my group passed. The second part which hppenes on another website was the assessment where i had to act like a claims adjuster. It was harder than the computer test. I thought I had failed but got a call back. Do your best and you should move on

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in May 2010.

2 interviews-1st intervew, basic questions, "Why do you want to work here?" Why did you pick this particular job?" etc... 2nd interview-Describe a time a customer became angry with the customer service, and what did you do to help fix the problem? 3rd part-skills test...It's a stress test to see whether you can handle the life of a Claim's Rep. Be ready to multi task

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in your career you had to use your multi-tasking skills   View Answer