GEICO

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Poway, CA

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – 1st phone interview. week or so later.. testing in the office to see if you if you the aptitude to adjust and learn quickly and typing. if you pass; you go through simulated customer service routine of about 3 calls; pass that you go interview w/ HR person.. pass that ... you listen to calls for about an hour. then you interview w/ a depart Manager.. all that in one day. about 1 week late if you pass that.. final step drug testing (hair sample) inch wide.

Interview Question – Simple questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview after receiving my application on Career Builder.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions. Standard ?'s. Previous Employer, hours available, what did you do at your previous job. No real deep or difficult to answer questions.   Answer Question

Lakeland, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GEICO in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an email to go for testing at their office. I had already passed their computer test, so I was exempt but normally when you go you will have to pass a test. If you pass the test, you wait to get interviewed by a lower-level manager. The interview is somewhat easy, just be yourself and if you're a fit for the company you will do fine - if not you won't get past that round.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this specific position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real room for negotiation

Lakeland, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in January 2009.

Interview Details – You can apply online for a job and they will respond to advise you of testing times and dates. Expect to spend the entire day there because its part of the test. They want to know you are willing to wait to jump through their hoops to get the job and one of the hoops is waiting. There are steps to the hiring process - apply, test, interview, interview again, role playing interview, sit and listen session (I was put with someone and then they forgot I was there), interview with a supervisor, interview with a second supervisor and then a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not even an option.... its the offer or no job.

Dallas, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at GEICO in January 2010.

Interview Details – Spend hours interviewing and continuing interview days in a row, led on the whole time to believe your going to get the job, then interview with the big boss, takes five minutes. Then no call or letter back, called two weeks later to find out someone else got the job.

Interview Question – Why Geico?   Answer Question

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in December 2011.

Interview Details – Once you submit you app online someone calls you to verify the information that you submitted on your app as well as to sit up an in person interview. On the day of your interview you have to take a test that test how well you can navigate through different screens and to take down correct information. It's really fast paced with a lot of info being thrown at you all at once. The 2nd test is amour normal typing test. Once your test is completed you watch a maybe 20 min video. After the video you sit in the lobby and wait on your 1on 1 interview. The lady who interviewed me wasn't very nice. I have been in customer service for 7 years. The last four was for an insurance company but I wasn't selected. When she asked if i had any scheduling conflicts i told her not really i just wanted everyonce in a while to see the kids at their activities. I believe that was the reason I wasn't selected. They wanted someone that would be focused completely on them.

Interview Questions

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GEICO in February 2010.

Interview Details – They emailed me to call them and I did to set up and intervie. I did a 1:1 then group interview then a mock call. after that. I got to shadow a person in the call center. They atmosphere was great there. Just make sure you study your resume and know what you did in each thing you put down in it.

Interview Question – why should we hire you?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – since i had experience i was offered 36,000

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!