GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

112 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakeland, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

Started with a phone interview, where they ask you basic questions. Once you make it past that, which is easy, you are scheduled to come in and do testing. My appointment was at 9:15. I and 2 other candidates sat for about a half hour before we were called in to do the computer simulated test (you can do terrible and still pass). A woman then told us we would be called for the interview within 30-45 minutes.

Over 3 HOURS later (and right before I was about to leave) I was called, and asked a set of standardized questions that were read off a screen. The answers they wanted were very specific but not too difficult. This company has absolutely no respect for people's time. If you want to get food you can but you aren't given an accurate time frame for when they will call you, so the safest thing to do is wait as the hours go by.

After I was called into a room and asked standardized questions by a gentleman unprofessionally dressed, I was asked to sit and wait for another couple of hours for a simulation. At that point I just left and went home as my time is too valuable with graduate school and other work to wait an entire day for a call center job.

Geico: Revise your hiring process! Just because the economy is poor doesn't mean you should have a total lack of respect for a prospective hire's time, regardless of the low pay.

Interview Questions
  • Not difficult. They just want exact scenarios, which may be hard to give depending on your last job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in July 2011.

It was a tedious process when I was hired consisting of many trips for testing, interviews and role plays, it has since changed. You go in for testing, then a phone interview, a face to face interview, role play and then job offer from there.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, it is what it is. You take it or you don't.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

I was interviewed at the Indianapolis location, the interview process is long but not hard. I was there for a total of 6 hours and spoke with several managers.

Interview Questions
    • It is pretty cut and dry and the questions are pretty basic.What do you think you will bring to the company, why do you want to work here and ie.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

Hiring process was farely easy. I was called for my phone interview and from that point on, it was smooth sailing. The recruiters as well as interviewers were very eager to answer any questions that I may have had. There was the assesment not hard at all. Right after that, I headed on to my interview. The next few steps were a breeze and I look forward to working with this wonderful company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Poway, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in June 2014.

Give yourself at least 2-5 hours to dedicate to Geico's interview process... in a nutshell, if you are what they are looking for, you will be there for the full 5 hours. You began by taking a few tests, one being the typing test. It is timed and you are in the testing room with other candidates. Once the test is over they wait for your results... usually about 5 minutes. They will tell you right then if you are moving on to the next part of the interview process. If you do, a manager from the department your applying for comes and get you. You go into a separate room and interview 1:1. If you pass this part, they place you in another room (sort of looks like an interrogation room) with about 5 pieces of paper, a box of writing utensils, and a phone. In about 30 minutes the phone will ring and you will go through a simulation mode (acting as a customer service rep and selling products). Once this part is done, if you pass... you meet the person who was going through the simulation with you. If you pass this part, they will take you on the floor and let you side-by with an employee for about an hour. When this part is done another manager will come get you and ask if you feel the job is still for you. This is the last part of the interview. He/she will say congrats you got the job... if this happens you will meet with the background specialist. They will tell you that the position is contingent upon passing background (credit check, criminal check, and urine test) if any one of these tests come back not within their standards you will not start the class. What I strongly suggest and this is from personal experience, is to make sure your transunion credit report is up to date with not a lot of collections/negatives etc. You fail once, you have one chance to clean it up. If they run it again and you fail, you have to wait 6 months before applying again. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • Questions pertain to position applied for... typical customer service questions.   Answer Question
    There isn't room for negotiating. There is a hourly/salary range for each position and depending on what your educational background is, determines where you fall in that range.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO.

Online app, phone interview, in office interview, computer test, manager interview. If you have passed computer test and offer to have manager interview you've gone pretty far. I'm not sure why the hiring process is so difficult, I would have expected more out of the job environment. A lot of people behind that door aren't professional.

Interview Questions
    • Keep calm and be honest and yourself. You'll be fine, it's not as hard as they make it seem.   Answer Question
    Ask as many questions prior to accepting. It's a lot to PTO, and hours/days, Comp day and switching shifts is so confusing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

So I applied online, got a call the next business day. Basically you will have seven phases. Depending how well you do on each phase determines whether you go to the next.
    I am copying and pasting from the email they sent me after I did the phone interview.

Phase 1: Telephone interview

Phase 2: Computer testing ( approx. 1 hour)

Phase 3: Face to face interview with Hiring Team Recruiter

Phase 4: Role-play (Simulation of the position you are applying for)
    (1 hour)

Phase 5: Realistic Job Preview (Shadowing a representative within the department you are applying for and listening to live calls)
    (1 hour)

Phase 6: Face to face Department Manager Interview (1 hour)

Phase 7: Pre-employment physical and background review (5-7 business days)

So I then went in for the test, five others were there. Four of us passed. The test consisted of two typing test. The test will be difficult for you if you are not extremely well oriented with basic call center systems. You have to learn as much as you can about their software in about 6 minutes than start listening to calls and reading emails and input the info.

You might have to do the one on one interview right after or they will schedule it another day. I went right after, was actually first.

The interview was some one on the hiring team. She really seemed unimportant and basically just asked me all the questions that the online application did.
    I felt like she was just doing the interview to get some experience?
    I am very well qualified for the job. Even though I did not get it.
    I believe it is because I just was a little rusty during the interview. I really wanted the job because the pay is ver good. I felt rusty since I have not had a job in two years since we had a new addition to the family.
    She asked really plain basic questions. Nothing at all difficult. Only difficult one was the whole unrealistic what would you do if blah blah blah.

They then tell you that you will receive an email letting you know if you go on to the next phase. I got the email three days later saying no. Then I received a call later that day telling me that there was no specific reason as to why I didn't get hired and they just decided to go with a different candidate. Also that they really want me to reapply in 6 months. I was really dumbfounded when she told me this. I just told her how confused I was because I am very well qualified and she said yes I know that's why we really encourage you to reapply.
    So that's that. Very off.

Interview Questions
    • Where else have you applied?   View Answer
    • How long do you see yourself doing the same job for?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

The process has been long, first online application, phone interview...passed that, came back for multitasking skills test, passed that. Another phone interview...scheduled for role play. I had 20 minutes to study the material then it was off to the races. I handled 3 different calls and tried to handle them as best I could. At the end the HR person told me someone would be in touch. I have a feeling this means I didn't get the job

Interview Questions
    • Why do want to work here, why do you think you would be an asset. sounds typical but really I just wanted to work there because they had an open position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

This was a phone interview, and the lady I spoke to was very nice. I genuinely enjoyed talking to her. I had a question about a prior offense from a few years back, and she politely and candidly told me that it wouldn;'t affect my chances at getting the job at all.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was about my prior record, but I was reassured that it wouldn't count against me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Initially applied for position on-line. Next correspondence was thru email saying they wanted to do a phone interview so you go to a link and pick the time you want. If you have a successful interview you get invited to come in to do an assessment.

If you pass the assessment you will be invited to interview with management. They will tell you the process will take about three hours but it lasted much longer.

If you make it thru the interviews with management and get offered a position be prepared to take a hair drug test and have a background check done

Interview Questions
    • Tell them about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate. There is a standard 90 day 100% attendance policy. You cannot miss days. Only advice I can give is be sure the job is something you want.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!