GEICO

126 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Long interview! Well it can be if they are going to hire you. You interview with a few managers. They ask you general questions like why you want to work there etc.then you are put in a room to answer fake phone calls. They give you like 5 sheets of paper with info about the fake customer . Then if they take you to sit with a current employee and listen to phone calls it's a good sign. By then it's been like 3hr. Everyone says the linger you are there the better the chances. With that said. ..they have a huge turnover rate. I myself quit . Don't recommend this place to My friends...good lyck..

Interview Questions
  • They asked me what characteristics I possessed that would make me successful in the company.   View Answer
If you have a degree they pay you a dollar more like they did for me. But like I mentioned..the craziness is not worth it..

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

First you submit an application online, then you have a brief phone interview. The phone interview is very basic and at the end you set up an appointment to go in and take a computer test. During the test you are given different scenarios that you will likely encounter on your job. They are testing your ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. If those results are good, you move to the next round. If not, they send you home. The next round is speaking to someone in human resources and doing about 30 minutes of role playing. You are in a room with a phone and different papers, giving you scenarios to look over. After you have become acquainted with the fake company, you will begin receiving phone calls (from the human resources interviewer) acting out the different scenarios. You are to record what happens in each call, and handle each customer appropriately. They are checking to make sure you can remain calm under pressure, as well as handle curve-balls with grace. If you pass this, the next round is about an hour of shadowing someone doing the job you are applying for. At the end of this time, you will speak with a hiring manager and they will ask about the things you noticed while shadowing (so pay attention!). They will give you more information about the job and most likely will offer you the position if you have made it this far.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't quite ready for the role playing activity, but it was not difficult.   Answer Question

The job I was looking to leave offered me more money and a new position to stay. I called and e-mailed Geico multiple times to let them know, but never heard back from anyone. Very tacky to not acknowledge me, in my opinion.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Phone interview. Why Geico, why do you think you will be successful. Computer testing, which consist of typing, phone calls, and emails and filing out customer claims. Next is the interview. Example of you stepping up, showing leadership, taking constructive criticism and getting better. Then the role playing. They give you a fake company, 20 minutes to read through maybe 8 sheets of information, then you will start receiving calls from customers to the best of your abilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO in November 2014.

I applied online one evening and got an email early the next morning asking me to select a time for a phone interview. The phone interview just consisted of the guy asking me if I could work the hours, how many times I'd missed work in the past year, how training works. Things like that. Not a lot was asked of me as an individual at that point. It was Friday afternoon and he said he could bring me in early on Monday morning for an interview. I got an email detailing the day's interview itinerary and cleared my schedule for a few hours.

The first thing they ask you to do is take a computer test. Basically, you're doing a simulation of customer calls and a typing test. You do it twice. It starts with thorough instructions. *Familiarize yourself with the tabs.* That's the best advice I can give. The simulation is you filling out forms for claims, service and sales calls or emails. Each call/email is 60 seconds with a timer on top. Fill out what you can and submit within 60 seconds. It's basically in order every time, although sometimes it's in order by the tabs, which can be out of order. I feel like they were all grouped by tab, though, so you were never switching back and forth too much. This is why it's important to remember what's on the tabs. That, in itself, is pretty intuitive. First page is name, number, location, etc for all. Second may be claim info. Third may be pay. Depends on if it's a sales, service, or claims call. So, again, to be successful, familiarize yourself with those tabs. You get to practice first. After that simulation, you do a typing test. I think it's better to go slowly and be accurate, because you can't go back and correct the word after you've spaced. I read online they want you to have higher than 25wpm, which is pretty achievable, so take your time. Then you do the simulation again and another typing test. Very easy. Everyone in my group passed.

Next is the interview with the HR person. The questions are things like, "Tell me about a time when you dealt with an unhappy customer," "Tell me about a time when you needed improvement," "Tell me about a time when you needed to reach a goal." My interviewer went over my job history and commented on how many jobs I've had. I've worked more than one job at a time in the past, and I guess that's bad? The interviewer types in what you're saying, so have your corporate answers all shined up and simple.

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer entered my information wrong, so he challenged a few of my answers regarding my work at another company regarding sales goals per quarter, until we uncovered that he'd made an error and we got on the same page. I was surprised to be interrupted/challenged in an interview.   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Pretty much applied then recieved a email the following day to set up a phone interview then they ask you to come in if they think you are a fit for Geico for pre employment.

Interview Questions
    You would basically do your best and know gow to multi task

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO in November 2014.

Applied online, completed online assessment, had phone interview (she went over job requirements, attendance policy, etc. b/c I have a college degree and was working the night shift my starting pay was a little higher.) went for 1:1 interview. After role play the interviewer said they will schedule another interview with the hiring manager and that they will send me an email tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I didn't get the job since I did not move on to the next step in the interview process which was sitting and observing a seasoned customer service rep.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GEICO in November 2014.

email, phone interview
    Then I go in pass multi tasking test pass role play pass multi questions only to be told the jobs for CS had been filled however my skillset he may be able to get me in another area. So after about 4 hours of BSing me he says well its 5pm friday so well get back with you mon or tues of the following week. The week quickly came and went with no call I then called them for them to say oh, he will get back with you by the end of the day. I have yet to hear from him?? I did get the "thanks for wasting your time" email. This is a very poor way to do people. If they aren't the right fit just tell them.

I really think they are age discriminant wanting to hire the 20-ish crowd only. I reviewed the pics of the company photos and I saw maybe three people aside from ceo/management crew that appeared to be over 35.

Interview Questions
    • Since we no longer have the position you were interviewing for would you be willing to work for less in a different area.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

Hello everyone!
    I found a position online and applied for the roadside assistance dispatcher. Within 24 hours, I received a phone call from the HR department to schedule an over the phone interview. We set up a time and I was contacted the next day and completed the interview. (very easy) The representative told me I should receive a call to set up an interview that would also include a computer test and role play. Everything was set up and I came in for the testing. It consisted of a computer knowledge and typing test. (very easy and straight forward) After completing the test I was interviewed by an HR rep and moved along to the role playing call. (was a bit nerve wracking but, all of the needed materials are provided and the rep explained things very well, so that went pretty smooth as well. I really enjoyed speaking with the rep and she was very friendly. She did tell me that she felt I would be much better suited for another/higher paying position and suggested that I change my application to that position. I was unsure but agreed since she had confidence that I would do well. She scheduled an interview and job shadow for the next day. (This took about 5 hours)

Feeling pretty confident, I arrived for the shadow and interview. Unfortunately, the person was supposed to interview with was almost 20 minutes late in meeting me. I was a little frustrated but smiled and followed her upstairs to complete the shadow. I really enjoyed the ladies that she paired me up with and they were both very friendly and made the job environment seem pretty enjoyable. They explained a lot and answered any questions that I had. The manager I was supposed to interview with came and got me and took me to her office for the interview. We talked for a few minutes and asked a few questions about the environment and how I would feel about it. I told her I enjoyed the shadow and thought the team members were very friendly and explained a lot. She said she was going to go speak with her supervisors and would be back shortly. She came back a few minutes later and said "It was great meeting you, unfortunately we cannot offer you the position. We have a stronger candidate. I'm sorry but, I can walk you to the door." And..... that was it. (This took about 2 hours)

I was disappointed to say the least, but I understand that another candidate was a better choice. I was just disappointed on how it all played out. Especially, after so much time was spent traveling and waiting in waiting rooms, without really knowing what was next.

Strangely enough, I got a call from the first lady that interviewed, asking how it went. I told her it went pretty well although I didn't get the job. I told her I appreciated her calling. The line goes quiet for a minute and then she says, "what do you mean you didn't get the position? I thought you would be a great fit. Confused, I said that I didn't really understand either but that it was ok. She said she was going to look for another position and would call me back tomorrow since she was sure I would have been a good fit.....Sooooo needless to say, I'm pretty darn confused on the process and how it is supposed to work. I was told that I could only apply once every 6 months which is fine, but getting the call from HR was unexpected and now, I'm not sure if I am in the running for a different job or not.

Overall, everyone was very nice and seemed to really enjoy what they did. I thought most of the staff was really welcoming and very friendly. I hope everything works out.

Interview Questions
    • I don't really understand what they were looking for and the follow-up call confused me.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

I did a online application they sent me a email that evening to pick a on the phone interview. They called me the next morning ask me a couple question to see if I would be able to work the job schedule after that they had me come in the next day to take a computer test it covered typing and put data into the computer system after I passed that. They did a face to face interview after they did role play with me. All that takes about 3 hrs! After that they told me someone would call within the next week to set up a last interview. So 5 days later they did call I missed the call I called back with in 30 mins I got a voicemail for the HR department said to leave a message and they would call back within a business day I waited 2 days to hear back never got a call so I called back today and told the lady I was waiting for a call back. She said we closed your file because we tried calling many times. So I corrected her and told her no you only called once and I called back with in 30 mins and I never got a call back so that's why I'm calling. She said well you will just have to wait and reapply since you missed our call. Very rude! I guess I can be happy I am not going to be working with this company. A company that can flat out lie and be rude. So I guess what people have said about this company is true.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in October 2014.

Took multi tasking n typing test asked to wait n lobby n would have scores lady called 2 people then walked in behind HR desk said we all passed then sat 20 mins or so was called for 1on1 interview asked many of questions then did role playing got packet about fake company n fake clients did three calls while I had to document what the call was about what happened what I did put the date n my initials then asked more questions and then told all of my paper work test interview role play is to b looked over by hiring manager should hear back within 2 business days to do sit down with employee.... From what I have read on here I'm guessing I did not get position bcuz everyone says on this site u get hired the same day or u don't get the job so Hope they r wrong n I get a call tommorow or by Thursday!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Various about company myself employment then after role play is it a job I want to do....   Answer Question