GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in after the phone interview for computer multitasking test I passed. Then i did my interview with a member if a HR i passed. Then I did my role playing task and after that follow up questions. Then they said they will contact me in 2-3 days after a hiring board approves it. Does this mean I did not get it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did not agree with your supervisor or manager decision. What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Impersonal, although it was only a phone screening, I had expected a little more inquiry about my experience. However, I do feel that Geico is a reputable company and they would probably be great to work for with their competitive benefits package...It would just be nice to have a little more of an opportunity to be able to provide my past work experience before I get sent to the chopping block so quickly...I just felt like the interviewer was reading off a script and he most likely was...

Interview Questions

• I was asked how long I planned to work for Geico, which just seems like a ridiculous question. I understand the reasoning behind the question, but that is a very difficult question to answer when this is just an initial phone screening...   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process i went through did not go to far, i did really bad in the phone interview that i wasn't given a phone call in 3 days. But the process is fast after you applied online. You get a phone call the same day in order to schedule an interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I guess my experience is more for the older worker who has been out of the loop for a while:

I applied online just a few days ago. I was given a link to schedule a telephone interview. My telephone interview was just 30 minutes ago and it lasted maybe five minutes! I was just told the hours of training, the hours of the job and what the pay would be. My interviewer asked about my commute and if I thought I could handle the hours. He also wanted to know a little about my past work history. I've been out of the job market for quite some time and think that's a negative for many employers but I answered honestly. That was about it. He didn't ask why I wanted to work for GEICO or if I had any questions to ask. At the end, he told me he would pass this info on to his supervisor and if she was interested, she'd call me back. Judging by the previous experiences given here, I didn't get the job. I have extensive call center training and love that type of environment. I really wanted this job. Oh, well! GEICO's loss WILL BE (I'm very optimistic!) some other company's gain.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

OK so I went in at 9 am .. By the time we went into the first step [the tests] it was after 10. The test knocked off a good 6 people, so there were 4 of us left. After the second step [face to face] there were two of us left. One of the managers came out, spoke to the other girl and then there was just me. I then went to do the role play. It was pretty intense, and I was extremely nervous. This whole process took about 6 hours so BE AVAILABLE! All the other reviews said if they don't ask you to stay after that then you didn't get the job. The lady told me someone would contact me in 3 days. 2 days later I got a call saying there was a mix-up and I was supposed to be scheduled for a manager interview after my role play. [Imagine my surprise]. Anyway .. Went in today 3/31, and listened to some calls with an agent; spoke to the manager who was very nice and got an offer. I accepted Of course.The long process is sooo worth it. I'm so excited

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation .. It's more than I initially wanted.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Getzville, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied in February on Geico's website. You fill out a personality test after you apply. If you pass that you get an email in a few days asking to schedule a phone interview. You can pick the day and time you want to do it. The phone interview isn't that hard, it is basic questions and they go over the job (When it starts, what the pay is, what days you have off, etc.) I suggest you schedule this phone interview the earliest time you are available. I passed the phone interview and scheduled a time for computer testing the next day. You have to dress business professionally each time you come in. The testing was in a small room and there might be other applicants with you. The testing isn't that hard, what you do is read the instructions and you take incoming email and phone calls from customers that are prerecorded for a fake company and then you transcribe an email. This tests your multitasking skills and words per minute. You get two shots at each part. The 1st time is for practice and the 2nd time is what they grade you on. Taking your time, read the instructions and take a look at all the tabs and the questions beforehand to see what to expect for the incoming calls and emails. After I passed that, everyone was busy so I had to come back two days later for my interview. When I got there the interviewer came out and said all the positions were filled for March's training class. I could either wait 2-3 weeks and come back for Aprils or try and interview for a night time job. The girl said she'd have called me but just got in and found out about it. Once again I had to get all dressed up and prepared for nothing. Since I wanted a daytime job I choose to wait. The waiting and the rudeness of this process really disagreed with me. I waited the 2-3 weeks and they finally called me. I was at work so I didn't hear it to pick up the call. I called back when I got home to try and schedule a time for the next step in the process. It took 2 days for her to call me back. I scheduled it for next week since she said they were all full for that week. I get there all dressed up again and ready to impress. The girl takes me back and I have to do the role play part of the interview process.(You might have to do this with other applicants) You get 6 sheets of paper on another fake company. This one was all about protection plans for appliances, computers and stuff like that. Then you have 5 customer sheets that 3 of those customer will call in with there problems that you have to take. You have 20 minutes to read over all the sheets and to prepare yourself, which is plenty of time. They stress that it's better to read the 6 sheets about the company then the 5 customer sheets. It wasn't that hard since they give you step by step instructions of basically what to do and say. They even give you questions of what the customers will possibly ask and what to do in those situations. (Yes, all of the questions will come up in the role play) They also want you to try and sell the customers an upgrade to there protection plans if they don't have it. Overall, I thought I did well in this part because I have about 5 years of customer service experience. I did make some mistakes, like forgetting to ask for the phone number for one customer and forgetting to sell the upgrade both times. I did sell the upgrades to the customer when they asked about it though. Then the interview calls back on the phone and proceeds to ask generals questions of you, like another phone interview. I thought I answered her questions very well and that I had impressed her. After that I got sent home saying that they needed to send everything over to someone to analyze everything and determine if I was a good fit for the company and position. I didn't know everything I did, like the phone interview, the role play, and small over the phone interview was being recorded. This whole process seems very strange and way too difficult for an entry level position. The interviewer said in 2-3 days I would get an email or a phone call and that you want a phone call because that means you would move forward in the process. After 3 days, I got an email telling me that I wasn't selected and they don't give specific reasons why and they encourage me to apply again in 6 months. I waited a whole extra month for nothing and I wasn't even granted the courtesy to give me a 1 on 1 interview. I wasn't even asked anything about myself or my job history. I did my research and really wanted to work here but I guess it isn't for me. My only advice for applicants is to be prepared to jump through many difficult hoops because Geico obviously is looking for perfection, which nobody is. If you have reservations about being in a call center and/or don't have any customer service or call center experience I suggest you don't apply, so you don't waste your time. If you are confident, go ahead and apply and I hope your experience is better than mine.

Interview Questions

• Why Geico? Can you deal with the stressful call center? How did you like the role play?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I applied online. Then I got a call to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I had to go in the office to do a computer test. I passed a test, so then I need to schedule for another phone Interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer you've had to deal with and what did you do?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Extremely lengthy. It took about 3-4 hours. Began with an computer assessment test where you are given the opportunity to exemplify your multitasking skills. Upon passing that phase, you interview with HR rep and if they want to proceed with you as a candidate, you move onto role playing. If you pass that phase, you shadow an employee and finally speak with a CSR manager.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in passed my assessments surprisingly because the multi taking test is no joke. I waited like 20 minutes then was called back to do a "brief" interview and the role play all in one I read some reviews before my interview I didn't go in a room and the hiring manager call on the phone so it kind of confused me she was asking situational questions and role playing together I couldn't understand which one was a interview question and which one was the role playing. After the questions and I guess role play she said they will forward my information to the hiring manager and contact by the end of this week still no word yet, guess I didn't get the job!!!

Interview Questions

• why work for geico?

name a time when you had to use negotiation skills?

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in March 2015.

Interview

This entire process started with an online application and a personality test. I think overall it took 45 minutes to complete the entire thing. I was told via email that someone would contact me within 72 hours. Well, no one did which I was ok with, I figured that meant that they didn't want me so I moved on with my life. 3 weeks later, there office gave me a call and did a short little phone interview. The questions consisted of my work history, why I was looking for a new job, and a basic job description and the possible hours I'd be working. I passed the phone interview and was scheduled for an onsite interview for later on that week. I showed up 10 minutes early and asked one of the employee's walking around about where I needed to go, the email just told me to go to HR and I could not find it.

I waited in their lobby for about 15 minutes with 3 other girls. We were then all called back to take an computer test. This test consisted of typing and "answering" phone calls and filling out the info given. Super easy! but obviously a few struggled because only myself and one other person was moved onto the next step.

They put us back in the lobby and I waited for my one-on-one interview with a hiring manager. They called me back and this nice women asked me many questions. Mostly scenario which I related back to my current job. That took about 45 minutes. After the women was done asking me questions she left the room and said that she would be right back. She came back and informed me that I made it to the next step but we would need to schedule it for another day. That entire thing was on a Friday so I scheduled the next steps for Monday.

I came back on Monday and again waited in the lobby. A different hiring manager called me back and put me in a room for the role play. Basically, I was left with some papers and some info about a fake company. 20 minutes later, I started receiving calls on the phone in the room from "customers" some which were angry. My best advice is just to stay calm. The entire thing took about 40 minutes. The hiring manager came back into the room after 3 "customers" and said I made it to the next step but I would have to wait an hour.

An hour later, I was called back to shadow someone on the floor. I was given an ear-piece and listened to about 5 calls. This was so I could get use to the job. Lastly, another hiring manager came over and called me back for the last interview. She asked questions about what I saw and why I thought I would do well here. I thought I was doing very great with this interview and I thought I was going to get the job but then she said that I would need to start in the next class coming up which was on that following Monday. I told her "I'm so sorry but I was under the impression that I was going to start in mid-April. I wouldn't be able to give my two weeks to my current job if I was in the upcoming class". She said "oh ya, no problem". The interview ended soon after that and she walked me out saying that I would get a call in the next two days.

I never got a call. I finally had to call them and they got back to me the next day. I wasn't hired because I couldn't start right away, although I was told from the beginning that I would be in the mid-April class. I'm sorry but I find it to be disrespectful for me to not be able to give my current job 2 weeks notice. Wouldn't they expect that from there own employee's. The person on the phone told me I should reapply in 6 months because she thinks I would be a perfect match for the company. After this experience, I think this is a god awful company that doesn't respect 2 week notices and lies to potential candidates. They missed out on someone great and now I'm working for another insurance company and am very happy with them. They allowed me to put in my two weeks at my other job and no issues with that. Thanks GEICO for this negative experience.