GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014

116 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

I did a online application they sent me a email that evening to pick a on the phone interview. They called me the next morning ask me a couple question to see if I would be able to work the job schedule after that they had me come in the next day to take a computer test it covered typing and put data into the computer system after I passed that. They did a face to face interview after they did role play with me. All that takes about 3 hrs! After that they told me someone would call within the next week to set up a last interview. So 5 days later they did call I missed the call I called back with in 30 mins I got a voicemail for the HR department said to leave a message and they would call back within a business day I waited 2 days to hear back never got a call so I called back today and told the lady I was waiting for a call back. She said we closed your file because we tried calling many times. So I corrected her and told her no you only called once and I called back with in 30 mins and I never got a call back so that's why I'm calling. She said well you will just have to wait and reapply since you missed our call. Very rude! I guess I can be happy I am not going to be working with this company. A company that can flat out lie and be rude. So I guess what people have said about this company is true.

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in October 2014.

Took multi tasking n typing test asked to wait n lobby n would have scores lady called 2 people then walked in behind HR desk said we all passed then sat 20 mins or so was called for 1on1 interview asked many of questions then did role playing got packet about fake company n fake clients did three calls while I had to document what the call was about what happened what I did put the date n my initials then asked more questions and then told all of my paper work test interview role play is to b looked over by hiring manager should hear back within 2 business days to do sit down with employee.... From what I have read on here I'm guessing I did not get position bcuz everyone says on this site u get hired the same day or u don't get the job so Hope they r wrong n I get a call tommorow or by Thursday!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Various about company myself employment then after role play is it a job I want to do....   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO.

Most people who posted here covered the interview process pretty well. The assessment test is really easy. I went on to the interview with the recruiter and then I was told my info will be passed on to management and will hear back in the next few days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I sent in a app online and got a email back saying that I was going to get a call back from HR. She called me today and asked me some general questions. I am going back tomorrow for a interview. So far this all seems pretty painless, but we will see tomorrow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

Started with a phone interview, where they ask you basic questions. Once you make it past that, which is easy, you are scheduled to come in and do testing. My appointment was at 9:15. I and 2 other candidates sat for about a half hour before we were called in to do the computer simulated test (you can do terrible and still pass). A woman then told us we would be called for the interview within 30-45 minutes.

Over 3 HOURS later (and right before I was about to leave) I was called, and asked a set of standardized questions that were read off a screen. The answers they wanted were very specific but not too difficult. This company has absolutely no respect for people's time. If you want to get food you can but you aren't given an accurate time frame for when they will call you, so the safest thing to do is wait as the hours go by.

After I was called into a room and asked standardized questions by a gentleman unprofessionally dressed, I was asked to sit and wait for another couple of hours for a simulation. At that point I just left and went home as my time is too valuable with graduate school and other work to wait an entire day for a call center job.

Geico: Revise your hiring process! Just because the economy is poor doesn't mean you should have a total lack of respect for a prospective hire's time, regardless of the low pay.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult. They just want exact scenarios, which may be hard to give depending on your last job.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

Online app, phone interview, in office interview, computer test, manager interview. If you have passed computer test and offer to have manager interview you've gone pretty far. I'm not sure why the hiring process is so difficult, I would have expected more out of the job environment. A lot of people behind that door aren't professional.

Interview Questions
    • Keep calm and be honest and yourself. You'll be fine, it's not as hard as they make it seem.   Answer Question
    Ask as many questions prior to accepting. It's a lot to PTO, and hours/days, Comp day and switching shifts is so confusing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

So I applied online, got a call the next business day. Basically you will have seven phases. Depending how well you do on each phase determines whether you go to the next.
    I am copying and pasting from the email they sent me after I did the phone interview.

Phase 1: Telephone interview

Phase 2: Computer testing ( approx. 1 hour)

Phase 3: Face to face interview with Hiring Team Recruiter

Phase 4: Role-play (Simulation of the position you are applying for)
    (1 hour)

Phase 5: Realistic Job Preview (Shadowing a representative within the department you are applying for and listening to live calls)
    (1 hour)

Phase 6: Face to face Department Manager Interview (1 hour)

Phase 7: Pre-employment physical and background review (5-7 business days)

So I then went in for the test, five others were there. Four of us passed. The test consisted of two typing test. The test will be difficult for you if you are not extremely well oriented with basic call center systems. You have to learn as much as you can about their software in about 6 minutes than start listening to calls and reading emails and input the info.

You might have to do the one on one interview right after or they will schedule it another day. I went right after, was actually first.

The interview was some one on the hiring team. She really seemed unimportant and basically just asked me all the questions that the online application did.
    I felt like she was just doing the interview to get some experience?
    I am very well qualified for the job. Even though I did not get it.
    I believe it is because I just was a little rusty during the interview. I really wanted the job because the pay is ver good. I felt rusty since I have not had a job in two years since we had a new addition to the family.
    She asked really plain basic questions. Nothing at all difficult. Only difficult one was the whole unrealistic what would you do if blah blah blah.

They then tell you that you will receive an email letting you know if you go on to the next phase. I got the email three days later saying no. Then I received a call later that day telling me that there was no specific reason as to why I didn't get hired and they just decided to go with a different candidate. Also that they really want me to reapply in 6 months. I was really dumbfounded when she told me this. I just told her how confused I was because I am very well qualified and she said yes I know that's why we really encourage you to reapply.
    So that's that. Very off.

Interview Questions
    • Where else have you applied?   View Answer
    • How long do you see yourself doing the same job for?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

Hiring process was farely easy. I was called for my phone interview and from that point on, it was smooth sailing. The recruiters as well as interviewers were very eager to answer any questions that I may have had. There was the assesment not hard at all. Right after that, I headed on to my interview. The next few steps were a breeze and I look forward to working with this wonderful company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

I was interviewed at the Indianapolis location, the interview process is long but not hard. I was there for a total of 6 hours and spoke with several managers.

Interview Questions
    • It is pretty cut and dry and the questions are pretty basic.What do you think you will bring to the company, why do you want to work here and ie.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEICO in June 2014.

Give yourself at least 2-5 hours to dedicate to Geico's interview process... in a nutshell, if you are what they are looking for, you will be there for the full 5 hours. You began by taking a few tests, one being the typing test. It is timed and you are in the testing room with other candidates. Once the test is over they wait for your results... usually about 5 minutes. They will tell you right then if you are moving on to the next part of the interview process. If you do, a manager from the department your applying for comes and get you. You go into a separate room and interview 1:1. If you pass this part, they place you in another room (sort of looks like an interrogation room) with about 5 pieces of paper, a box of writing utensils, and a phone. In about 30 minutes the phone will ring and you will go through a simulation mode (acting as a customer service rep and selling products). Once this part is done, if you pass... you meet the person who was going through the simulation with you. If you pass this part, they will take you on the floor and let you side-by with an employee for about an hour. When this part is done another manager will come get you and ask if you feel the job is still for you. This is the last part of the interview. He/she will say congrats you got the job... if this happens you will meet with the background specialist. They will tell you that the position is contingent upon passing background (credit check, criminal check, and urine test) if any one of these tests come back not within their standards you will not start the class. What I strongly suggest and this is from personal experience, is to make sure your transunion credit report is up to date with not a lot of collections/negatives etc. You fail once, you have one chance to clean it up. If they run it again and you fail, you have to wait 6 months before applying again. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • Questions pertain to position applied for... typical customer service questions.   Answer Question
    There isn't room for negotiating. There is a hourly/salary range for each position and depending on what your educational background is, determines where you fall in that range.