GEICO

GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

I applied online. Then I got a call to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I had to go in the office to do a computer test. I passed a test, so then I need to schedule for another phone Interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a difficult customer you've had to deal with and what did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Applied online and answer a personality test, the next day I got an email for the phone interview. The phone interview is easy, pretty much basic questions, and they explain salary and benefits, they will send you an email to set an hr and time for your next exam and interview. The computer exam is not difficult, you just need to be focus and pay attention to the instructions carefully, if you pass this you get a 1-1 interview with HR, once again basic questions about your job, I was then passed to the next level, but that day there were not managers available for interview. I got a call the next day to set an interview with the recruiting managers, I sat down with someone during his work shift for about 20 minutes then I had an interview with 3 hiring managers, everything went smoothly but I unfortunately I did not get an offer, they told me to wait for their call between 5 days. I guess I didn't make it.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Geico? Situational questions (tell me about a time you...), what was your more recent drawback at work/personal? Why did you chose Geico?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO in February 2015.

I filled out the application on a Sunday and I had an email to set up a phone interview the next day. The phone interview was fairly brief, really just general questions. After that, I was set up for the first interview where you take a multitasking test and typing test. Everything was pretty easy. I was then moved along with an HR rep where we went into more detail about my previous employment and things of that nature. He told me at the end that he would recommend me for the next step, which was job shadowing and a meeting with some of the managers. I got a call to set that up, went in Wednesday of that week and did the shadowing. After about an hour of that, I went into a conference room with three different managers. This is where they really go into detail about job history, why you want to be at geico, ect.... I explained to them that I was currently a server and they practically made fun of me right then and there. It was very rude. I answered the questions to best of my ability and they left the room for a few minutes. When they came back in they told me to wait for a call sometime next week as they had more people to interview. They said it would either a yes or no phone call. They were very patronizing about my current job and cracked jokes about it the entire time. Currently, still waiting on a phone call. So not sure if I'm hired or not yet. Overall, not a great experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in February 2015.

I applied online and received a call within 48 hours. I had a phone interview with a lady and she told me that they were interested and wanted me to come in that week. I came in did a computer test (want to make sure you can multi-task and see how you do under pressure), after the computer test, they told me I passed. After I passed, I waited for a manager and he ask detailed questions about my pervious jobs that were on my resume (what you liked, disliked, what could have been better), also asked me how I take criticism. After the brief interview, they gave me 5 mock call scenarios which they gave me 20 minutes to study. I did well on the mock calls, so I went to the next step, which is a panel of managers that will ask you questions (why Geico, how can you be a positive influence to the company, past employment). After the panel interview, they told me they liked me and I got the job. (You get an extra dollar for having a degree) I went to the HR office to go over some paper work. They do, do a background check and a hair follicle exam. I passed everything and accepted the job. The process took about 2 weeks. The interview part is not a long process, its the background check and hair follicle test that takes the 2 weeks. They are serious about the background check, I got about three calls about my employment history.

Interview Questions
    • what is something positive you can bring to the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in February 2015.

Over EIGHT HOURS for the interview! The hiring staff were like robots and very VERY strange! They make you feel as if you are interviewing for a CIA job and go WAY overboard and are too intense for a simple job in answering phones/customer service. The management and HR crew were HIGHLY invasive to my personal life and privacy and inquired about personal issues that had NOTHING to do with the job I interviewed for. They were very inconsiderate of my day's schedule for the interview and had me stay for (as stated previously) 8 1/2 hours! I've NEVER had that long of an interview and quite frankly, although I'm looking to obtain employment, I was very inconvenienced and already could feel the PRESSURE of working at a place that was sure to be a stressful place of employment. RED FLAG! If you're already being micro-managed BEFORE you are even employed by them, I can only imagine how worse it would be working there. I stuck it out and gave them a shot, but they held off on telling me that the hire date would be THREE WEEKS after my interview was over (at the end of the interview they gave me an official written job offer). Three weeks before you would start working and then they went on to explain how it'd be at least another THREE WEEKS before I got my first paycheck! So... (oh and I almost forgot... before they set up an interview you take a personality/psychological evaluation test that lasts over an hour that you do from home!) an 8 1/2 hour interview, 3 weeks before you start working for them and 6 weeks before you get paid! Um... no thank you! Ain't nobody got time for that! Wow... I highly recommend seeking employment elsewhere! (Which is exactly what I did and got a much better offer and started only 7 days after my initial interview at my new job!)

Interview Questions
    • Personal life questions that had nothing to do with the job. Crazy unrealistic "what would you do if" type of questions. VERY inconvenient and invasive interviewing.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Did a phone interview, it was very brief.
    scheduled a face to face interview, went in, and took a pre employment computer test, if you do well with that you talk to HR which I did. She asked me a bunch of questions and then asked if I had questions. She said now I'm going to take you to the next step which was role playing. The give you papers with 20minutes to read you act like you work for another insurance company she goes out of the room and calls acting as one of the people on paper. after that I got more questions and she said I would hear from her in no more than 2 days. I literally just got out of the interview so I'll be waiting

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in January 2015.

recruiter called to schedule an interview. I went in the next day. First I had to take an assessment and typing test. Then, there was the one on one interview. Moved to the next phase for a mock interview (be really-really excited or you will not move to the next phase) Afterwards, I was told that I would receive an email

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you were faced with a difficult situation   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Long interview! Well it can be if they are going to hire you. You interview with a few managers. They ask you general questions like why you want to work there etc.then you are put in a room to answer fake phone calls. They give you like 5 sheets of paper with info about the fake customer . Then if they take you to sit with a current employee and listen to phone calls it's a good sign. By then it's been like 3hr. Everyone says the linger you are there the better the chances. With that said. ..they have a huge turnover rate. I myself quit . Don't recommend this place to My friends...good lyck..

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what characteristics I possessed that would make me successful in the company.   View Answer
    If you have a degree they pay you a dollar more like they did for me. But like I mentioned..the craziness is not worth it..

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

First you submit an application online, then you have a brief phone interview. The phone interview is very basic and at the end you set up an appointment to go in and take a computer test. During the test you are given different scenarios that you will likely encounter on your job. They are testing your ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. If those results are good, you move to the next round. If not, they send you home. The next round is speaking to someone in human resources and doing about 30 minutes of role playing. You are in a room with a phone and different papers, giving you scenarios to look over. After you have become acquainted with the fake company, you will begin receiving phone calls (from the human resources interviewer) acting out the different scenarios. You are to record what happens in each call, and handle each customer appropriately. They are checking to make sure you can remain calm under pressure, as well as handle curve-balls with grace. If you pass this, the next round is about an hour of shadowing someone doing the job you are applying for. At the end of this time, you will speak with a hiring manager and they will ask about the things you noticed while shadowing (so pay attention!). They will give you more information about the job and most likely will offer you the position if you have made it this far.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't quite ready for the role playing activity, but it was not difficult.   Answer Question

The job I was looking to leave offered me more money and a new position to stay. I called and e-mailed Geico multiple times to let them know, but never heard back from anyone. Very tacky to not acknowledge me, in my opinion.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Phone interview. Why Geico, why do you think you will be successful. Computer testing, which consist of typing, phone calls, and emails and filing out customer claims. Next is the interview. Example of you stepping up, showing leadership, taking constructive criticism and getting better. Then the role playing. They give you a fake company, 20 minutes to read through maybe 8 sheets of information, then you will start receiving calls from customers to the best of your abilities.