GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in after the phone interview for computer multitasking test I passed. Then i did my interview with a member if a HR i passed. Then I did my role playing task and after that follow up questions. Then they said they will contact me in 2-3 days after a hiring board approves it. Does this mean I did not get it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did not agree with your supervisor or manager decision. What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Pretty generic and not personal at all. First there's the phone interview that ask you irrelevant questions then there is the in person interview. You show up to a location and you're there from morning till evening. The whole process takes an entire day and not and hour or two. You're then shoved into a room where they test your typing speed and various scenario questions depending on what job you applied for. If it's customer service in any form, typing speed and how efficient you can work plus how well mannered you are is tested via role play. If it's a sales gig then they test you with a live scenario with the hiring personal role playing with you and you have to try to sell them something. The you go to the call center work floor for the department correlating with your job and you job shadow. This part gives you no idea of how it really us until you actually do the job, then you meet a supervisor or manager or someone in hiring again that ask you some stupid questions that aren't personal at all and doesn't gauge you as a person. Then they offer you a gig right then and there. No negotiations about how much you make. Turnover is high do they want you more than you do

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GEICO (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I had applied online. After online application they send you a link for a personality test. After that was completed I received an email from a recruiter, set up a phone interview. They review the job description, ask questions about your available work days, there is NO negotiation of salary. It is what it is.
    After I had gone though interview questions they set up a face to face to face interview. I had my phone interview Friday & the face to face was set up for the following week.
    Took an assessment test for typing skills. I passed that.
    I had a 30 minute face to face with an HR Recruiter. I then did a role playing type thing for another 30 minutes.
    I was taken to the call center and sat with a CSR and watched them for about 20 minutes.
    Shortly after a manager came by and interviewed me as well. Interview was a recap of my resume.
    She made the decision to make me an offer.

They do a background check
    credit check
    and Drug test

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a situation when you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very in depth, including: a phone interview, multitasking test, one on one interview with HR, a few simulated customer calls, shadowing a representative and a final interview with management. Everyone was really sweet, it's an amazing opportunity and definitely worth the time and effort.

Interview Questions

• What responsibilities do you anticipate being difficult for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online..received an email the following day to schedule a phone interview. HR called on the scheduled day. He basically explained about the training and attendance requirement at GEICO.. And also the base pay.. Not so many questions asked..

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying online and completing the personality survey I did the phone interview. It was very short. He basically went over the hours, pay, and training schedule. From what I've gathered, it's difficult to get hired at Geico and I've been out of the business world for quite awhile because I've been a stay at home mom. He said someone would get back to me in 3-5 days and I haven't heard anything so I guess that's a "no".

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, multitasking test, second interview, simulation of the position you applied for (which should've been apart of training Not the interview. You got 20 pages of papers to look through and only 20 mins to review everything before the phones start ringing with "fake" customers. If you didn't do well you the interview was over. Apparently I didn't do well. You would think you were applying for a ceo position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

Test first thing in the morning, a short situation interview, followed by watching a representative and a short interview with a manager. It was an intent one day process. It seemed really quick but it was very intense and long.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The total time after the 2 phone interviews was 3 hours so be prepared to wait... a lot. Total interview time is about an hour. You start with a multi tasking simulation and a typing test. They don't judge to hard on this.

Next is an interview with a HR rep. Went smooth. Judging by the questions they are interested in your level of professionalism.

The third part is a role play exercise. The scenario is a fictitious company and you handle three to five calls trying to resolve the caller's issues, and logging changes made to the caller's account. You are given company info, info on five "customers", and 20 minutes to familiarize yourself with it all. Tip: try to upsell what the "customer"doesn't have.

Observations:

They have people doing random stuff to see how you react (yes, they observe you at various intervals) like " an angry customer " coming in about a complaint. Don't let it phase you.

The waiting room is specifically designed for observation separating interviewees. I personally thought they were trying to hard.

What happened to me: ( Depending on who does it, this is the only part I felt the interviewer was negative. He was the only one who did not greet me or give eye contact, intact all he said was " you, follow me". it was kind of disrespectful but I ignored it and went through the role play. At the end when the other interviewer on the other side of the phone came to talk to me it was the same cold reception as the gentleman who brought me to the room. I found it odd since the last interview was very upbeat and positive).

I messed up on a call when a customer suddenly turned angry and canceled his account, it caught me off guard. If you do not hear from them within a few days it's a good sign.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where your ideas were not taken positively   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

15 min phone interview, typing test, hr interview, role play, shadowing with an current employee, final manager interview.
    I applied for GEICO for the Claims Rep position. When I came in they said that I would be a good fit for customer service. I had experience for both CSR and Claims so it really didn't matter to me, the only problem is, they hire people everyday and place them anywhere saying that its a good fit for them but half the people that Geico hires has no background experience in the positions that they place them in. Smh. So, I went through the whole hiring process passed the role play. Once you pass the role play people basically say "you have the job." Listened to a couple of calls after role play and spoke with the hiring manager. Answered all the questions. After answering questions with all qualifying answers the manager says I will be back in a few.. After that, I just knew I had the job from what people said. The manager comes back and says well we can't offer you a position at this time. I was confused because I had the qualifications and experience. I asked why, she said we can't fit you in a training class at this moment. The turn over rate for Geico is extremely high and they hire people everyday so why would their not be any room in a training class?? The manager states that hr would contact me within 3-5 business days. I never received an email or a phone call. That was very unprofessional and I would never apply for GEICO again.