GEICO

Average Difficulty
107 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Online app, phone interview, in office interview, computer test, manager interview. If you have passed computer test and offer to have manager interview you've gone pretty far. I'm not sure why the hiring process is so difficult, I would have expected more out of the job environment. A lot of people behind that door aren't professional.

Interview Question – Keep calm and be honest and yourself. You'll be fine, it's not as hard as they make it seem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask as many questions prior to accepting. It's a lot to PTO, and hours/days, Comp day and switching shifts is so confusing.

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

Interview Details – So I applied online, got a call the next business day. Basically you will have seven phases. Depending how well you do on each phase determines whether you go to the next.
I am copying and pasting from the email they sent me after I did the phone interview.

Phase 1: Telephone interview

Phase 2: Computer testing ( approx. 1 hour)

Phase 3: Face to face interview with Hiring Team Recruiter

Phase 4: Role-play (Simulation of the position you are applying for)
(1 hour)

Phase 5: Realistic Job Preview (Shadowing a representative within the department you are applying for and listening to live calls)
(1 hour)

Phase 6: Face to face Department Manager Interview (1 hour)

Phase 7: Pre-employment physical and background review (5-7 business days)

So I then went in for the test, five others were there. Four of us passed. The test consisted of two typing test. The test will be difficult for you if you are not extremely well oriented with basic call center systems. You have to learn as much as you can about their software in about 6 minutes than start listening to calls and reading emails and input the info.

You might have to do the one on one interview right after or they will schedule it another day. I went right after, was actually first.

The interview was some one on the hiring team. She really seemed unimportant and basically just asked me all the questions that the online application did.
I felt like she was just doing the interview to get some experience?
I am very well qualified for the job. Even though I did not get it.
I believe it is because I just was a little rusty during the interview. I really wanted the job because the pay is ver good. I felt rusty since I have not had a job in two years since we had a new addition to the family.
She asked really plain basic questions. Nothing at all difficult. Only difficult one was the whole unrealistic what would you do if blah blah blah.

They then tell you that you will receive an email letting you know if you go on to the next phase. I got the email three days later saying no. Then I received a call later that day telling me that there was no specific reason as to why I didn't get hired and they just decided to go with a different candidate. Also that they really want me to reapply in 6 months. I was really dumbfounded when she told me this. I just told her how confused I was because I am very well qualified and she said yes I know that's why we really encourage you to reapply.
So that's that. Very off.

Interview Questions

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details – The process has been long, first online application, phone interview...passed that, came back for multitasking skills test, passed that. Another phone interview...scheduled for role play. I had 20 minutes to study the material then it was off to the races. I handled 3 different calls and tried to handle them as best I could. At the end the HR person told me someone would be in touch. I have a feeling this means I didn't get the job

Interview Question – Why do want to work here, why do you think you would be an asset. sounds typical but really I just wanted to work there because they had an open position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details – This was a phone interview, and the lady I spoke to was very nice. I genuinely enjoyed talking to her. I had a question about a prior offense from a few years back, and she politely and candidly told me that it wouldn;'t affect my chances at getting the job at all.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was about my prior record, but I was reassured that it wouldn't count against me.   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initially applied for position on-line. Next correspondence was thru email saying they wanted to do a phone interview so you go to a link and pick the time you want. If you have a successful interview you get invited to come in to do an assessment.

If you pass the assessment you will be invited to interview with management. They will tell you the process will take about three hours but it lasted much longer.

If you make it thru the interviews with management and get offered a position be prepared to take a hair drug test and have a background check done

Interview Question – Tell them about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate. There is a standard 90 day 100% attendance policy. You cannot miss days. Only advice I can give is be sure the job is something you want.

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview. Personality, typing and multitasking test before any interview takes place. Once you have been told you passed the tests, a HR supervisor will interview you. If you passed that part you will then move on to the role playing. Here you are given a packet of a fake company that you will have 20 minutes to read over. Do not try to know everything, just bits you think are important. After 20 minutes you will be called and have to either explain info to a customer, keep a customer from leaving or explaining why a customer received a bill (these were all of my scenarios, yours might be different). If you complete that successfully, you will shadow an employee for an hour and then have your final interview with the department manager and supervisor.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next 2 years?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – The process is easy because there is high turnover with the company. Just make sure you answer the question in a way that shows you are receptive to criticism and that you can adapt to a changing environment. one phone interview and then face to face. The job was offered to me on the spot so not difficult at all

Interview Question – why should we hire you   Answer Question

Westbury, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GEICO in March 2014.

Interview Details – Came in around 9am for an interview. Started off with the computer literacy test..it's fairly easy. Did the interview with HR afterwards. Told me I would be contacted if I get to the second part of the interview.

Interview Question – just typical interview questions i.g why you want to work near and some situational questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at GEICO

Interview Details – VERY long process, a few computer testsw and alot of rounds with supervisors and managers, asking the same type of questions

Interview Question – The mock phone call trying to calm the customer down   Answer Question

Interviewed at GEICO

Interview Details – Apply online. Called in for basic skills testing (wpm, taking notes, etc.). Simple interview to review job history, goals, etc. Job specific interview to gauge interest, skills. Assessment. Management interview. FULL DAY PROCESS. Pack a lunch!!

Interview Question – The assessment was unexpected, but they are basically looking for how you respond to a customer and follow basic instructions/guidelines.   View Answer

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!