GEICO

Average Difficulty
105 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details – The process has been long, first online application, phone interview...passed that, came back for multitasking skills test, passed that. Another phone interview...scheduled for role play. I had 20 minutes to study the material then it was off to the races. I handled 3 different calls and tried to handle them as best I could. At the end the HR person told me someone would be in touch. I have a feeling this means I didn't get the job

Interview Question – Why do want to work here, why do you think you would be an asset. sounds typical but really I just wanted to work there because they had an open position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details – This was a phone interview, and the lady I spoke to was very nice. I genuinely enjoyed talking to her. I had a question about a prior offense from a few years back, and she politely and candidly told me that it wouldn;'t affect my chances at getting the job at all.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was about my prior record, but I was reassured that it wouldn't count against me.   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initially applied for position on-line. Next correspondence was thru email saying they wanted to do a phone interview so you go to a link and pick the time you want. If you have a successful interview you get invited to come in to do an assessment.

If you pass the assessment you will be invited to interview with management. They will tell you the process will take about three hours but it lasted much longer.

If you make it thru the interviews with management and get offered a position be prepared to take a hair drug test and have a background check done

Interview Question – Tell them about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate. There is a standard 90 day 100% attendance policy. You cannot miss days. Only advice I can give is be sure the job is something you want.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview. Personality, typing and multitasking test before any interview takes place. Once you have been told you passed the tests, a HR supervisor will interview you. If you passed that part you will then move on to the role playing. Here you are given a packet of a fake company that you will have 20 minutes to read over. Do not try to know everything, just bits you think are important. After 20 minutes you will be called and have to either explain info to a customer, keep a customer from leaving or explaining why a customer received a bill (these were all of my scenarios, yours might be different). If you complete that successfully, you will shadow an employee for an hour and then have your final interview with the department manager and supervisor.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next 2 years?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – The process is easy because there is high turnover with the company. Just make sure you answer the question in a way that shows you are receptive to criticism and that you can adapt to a changing environment. one phone interview and then face to face. The job was offered to me on the spot so not difficult at all

Interview Question – why should we hire you   Answer Question

Westbury, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GEICO in March 2014.

Interview Details – Came in around 9am for an interview. Started off with the computer literacy test..it's fairly easy. Did the interview with HR afterwards. Told me I would be contacted if I get to the second part of the interview.

Interview Question – just typical interview questions i.g why you want to work near and some situational questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at GEICO

Interview Details – VERY long process, a few computer testsw and alot of rounds with supervisors and managers, asking the same type of questions

Interview Question – The mock phone call trying to calm the customer down   Answer Question

Interviewed at GEICO

Interview Details – Apply online. Called in for basic skills testing (wpm, taking notes, etc.). Simple interview to review job history, goals, etc. Job specific interview to gauge interest, skills. Assessment. Management interview. FULL DAY PROCESS. Pack a lunch!!

Interview Question – The assessment was unexpected, but they are basically looking for how you respond to a customer and follow basic instructions/guidelines.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Woodbury, NY

I interviewed at GEICO in December 2013.

Interview Details – It's a very lengthy process. Not well organized and it's clear.

Interview Question – The phone experience is the worst part. They pretend to be different customers and you have to have the right infliction in your tone. It shows you what the job is really like.   Answer Question

Poway, CA

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO in March 2013.

Interview Details – Started out with an online application, GEICO mainly works with referrals and will call you back immediately if you were referred from a current employee. It starts out with an email indicating the best time to call you, the phone conversation is pretty mundane basically wanting to hear your "phone voice" since this is a call center they want to know how you sound. Next step would be the actual interview, which is an all day event. Starts out with a computer proficiency test if you pass, you're onto the actual interview, then a mock call is set up where act like you're a customer service rep, then onto the phones to connect to tenured agents and hear what they sound like, which lasts for an hour, possibly longer if they forget and last but not least, another INTERVIEW with someone else! If all goes well the last person you interview with will be the one who hires you.

Interview Question – Mock call.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GEICO

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!

GEICO Videos

GEICO – Why Work for Us?

Government Employees Insurance Company. Puzzled, are you? Well, the name goes back to the beginnings of the company. Founder Leo Goodwin first targeted a customer base of U.S. government employees and military… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GEICO Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 105 interview reviews posted anonymously by GEICO employees and interview candidates.