GEICO

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

121 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Pretty much applied then recieved a email the following day to set up a phone interview then they ask you to come in if they think you are a fit for Geico for pre employment.

Interview Questions
You would basically do your best and know gow to multi task

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO in November 2014.

I applied online one evening and got an email early the next morning asking me to select a time for a phone interview. The phone interview just consisted of the guy asking me if I could work the hours, how many times I'd missed work in the past year, how training works. Things like that. Not a lot was asked of me as an individual at that point. It was Friday afternoon and he said he could bring me in early on Monday morning for an interview. I got an email detailing the day's interview itinerary and cleared my schedule for a few hours.

The first thing they ask you to do is take a computer test. Basically, you're doing a simulation of customer calls and a typing test. You do it twice. It starts with thorough instructions. *Familiarize yourself with the tabs.* That's the best advice I can give. The simulation is you filling out forms for claims, service and sales calls or emails. Each call/email is 60 seconds with a timer on top. Fill out what you can and submit within 60 seconds. It's basically in order every time, although sometimes it's in order by the tabs, which can be out of order. I feel like they were all grouped by tab, though, so you were never switching back and forth too much. This is why it's important to remember what's on the tabs. That, in itself, is pretty intuitive. First page is name, number, location, etc for all. Second may be claim info. Third may be pay. Depends on if it's a sales, service, or claims call. So, again, to be successful, familiarize yourself with those tabs. You get to practice first. After that simulation, you do a typing test. I think it's better to go slowly and be accurate, because you can't go back and correct the word after you've spaced. I read online they want you to have higher than 25wpm, which is pretty achievable, so take your time. Then you do the simulation again and another typing test. Very easy. Everyone in my group passed.

Next is the interview with the HR person. The questions are things like, "Tell me about a time when you dealt with an unhappy customer," "Tell me about a time when you needed improvement," "Tell me about a time when you needed to reach a goal." My interviewer went over my job history and commented on how many jobs I've had. I've worked more than one job at a time in the past, and I guess that's bad? The interviewer types in what you're saying, so have your corporate answers all shined up and simple.

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer entered my information wrong, so he challenged a few of my answers regarding my work at another company regarding sales goals per quarter, until we uncovered that he'd made an error and we got on the same page. I was surprised to be interrupted/challenged in an interview.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO in November 2014.

Applied online, completed online assessment, had phone interview (she went over job requirements, attendance policy, etc. b/c I have a college degree and was working the night shift my starting pay was a little higher.) went for 1:1 interview. After role play the interviewer said they will schedule another interview with the hiring manager and that they will send me an email tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I didn't get the job since I did not move on to the next step in the interview process which was sitting and observing a seasoned customer service rep.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

Hello everyone!
    I found a position online and applied for the roadside assistance dispatcher. Within 24 hours, I received a phone call from the HR department to schedule an over the phone interview. We set up a time and I was contacted the next day and completed the interview. (very easy) The representative told me I should receive a call to set up an interview that would also include a computer test and role play. Everything was set up and I came in for the testing. It consisted of a computer knowledge and typing test. (very easy and straight forward) After completing the test I was interviewed by an HR rep and moved along to the role playing call. (was a bit nerve wracking but, all of the needed materials are provided and the rep explained things very well, so that went pretty smooth as well. I really enjoyed speaking with the rep and she was very friendly. She did tell me that she felt I would be much better suited for another/higher paying position and suggested that I change my application to that position. I was unsure but agreed since she had confidence that I would do well. She scheduled an interview and job shadow for the next day. (This took about 5 hours)

Feeling pretty confident, I arrived for the shadow and interview. Unfortunately, the person was supposed to interview with was almost 20 minutes late in meeting me. I was a little frustrated but smiled and followed her upstairs to complete the shadow. I really enjoyed the ladies that she paired me up with and they were both very friendly and made the job environment seem pretty enjoyable. They explained a lot and answered any questions that I had. The manager I was supposed to interview with came and got me and took me to her office for the interview. We talked for a few minutes and asked a few questions about the environment and how I would feel about it. I told her I enjoyed the shadow and thought the team members were very friendly and explained a lot. She said she was going to go speak with her supervisors and would be back shortly. She came back a few minutes later and said "It was great meeting you, unfortunately we cannot offer you the position. We have a stronger candidate. I'm sorry but, I can walk you to the door." And..... that was it. (This took about 2 hours)

I was disappointed to say the least, but I understand that another candidate was a better choice. I was just disappointed on how it all played out. Especially, after so much time was spent traveling and waiting in waiting rooms, without really knowing what was next.

Strangely enough, I got a call from the first lady that interviewed, asking how it went. I told her it went pretty well although I didn't get the job. I told her I appreciated her calling. The line goes quiet for a minute and then she says, "what do you mean you didn't get the position? I thought you would be a great fit. Confused, I said that I didn't really understand either but that it was ok. She said she was going to look for another position and would call me back tomorrow since she was sure I would have been a good fit.....Sooooo needless to say, I'm pretty darn confused on the process and how it is supposed to work. I was told that I could only apply once every 6 months which is fine, but getting the call from HR was unexpected and now, I'm not sure if I am in the running for a different job or not.

Overall, everyone was very nice and seemed to really enjoy what they did. I thought most of the staff was really welcoming and very friendly. I hope everything works out.

Interview Questions
    • I don't really understand what they were looking for and the follow-up call confused me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

I did a online application they sent me a email that evening to pick a on the phone interview. They called me the next morning ask me a couple question to see if I would be able to work the job schedule after that they had me come in the next day to take a computer test it covered typing and put data into the computer system after I passed that. They did a face to face interview after they did role play with me. All that takes about 3 hrs! After that they told me someone would call within the next week to set up a last interview. So 5 days later they did call I missed the call I called back with in 30 mins I got a voicemail for the HR department said to leave a message and they would call back within a business day I waited 2 days to hear back never got a call so I called back today and told the lady I was waiting for a call back. She said we closed your file because we tried calling many times. So I corrected her and told her no you only called once and I called back with in 30 mins and I never got a call back so that's why I'm calling. She said well you will just have to wait and reapply since you missed our call. Very rude! I guess I can be happy I am not going to be working with this company. A company that can flat out lie and be rude. So I guess what people have said about this company is true.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in October 2014.

Took multi tasking n typing test asked to wait n lobby n would have scores lady called 2 people then walked in behind HR desk said we all passed then sat 20 mins or so was called for 1on1 interview asked many of questions then did role playing got packet about fake company n fake clients did three calls while I had to document what the call was about what happened what I did put the date n my initials then asked more questions and then told all of my paper work test interview role play is to b looked over by hiring manager should hear back within 2 business days to do sit down with employee.... From what I have read on here I'm guessing I did not get position bcuz everyone says on this site u get hired the same day or u don't get the job so Hope they r wrong n I get a call tommorow or by Thursday!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Various about company myself employment then after role play is it a job I want to do....   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GEICO in October 2014.

I applied at the Geico website and took the personality survey. I made my answers match up to the most positive answer choices and got an email from HR within 24 hrs to schedule a phone interview. HR was timely and called within 1-2 mins of scheduled time. I was asked why I wanted to work at Geico and where else I was applying. After showing a real interest in the company I got email from HR stating for me to call in to schedule testing and interview day that was to last between 3-5 hrs. I took off a day from my currnet job to go in because the process looked really long and I did not want to prolong any longer than needed.

I came in and about eight of us were computer testing. After passing test, waited for interview with HR team and did well enough to move to the roll play part of interview. Passed the roll play with same HR manager and was moved to next phase. I had to wait 1.5 hours because it was lunchtime, so left and came back. Did shadowing of current rep on project that I would be working and then interviewed with to team managers in the department. They asked how my experience would lead to success at Geico and would I be comfortable working the hours they were hiring for. Since I wanted a pay raise, I can work any hours they needed. Overall, not most desirable but left flexibility for other stuff when off.

I was waiting to move on to the background check and get my "you're hired" letter and go home. However, I was asked to interview with the two department managers. I was asked would I be okay with the repetitive calls and having to talk to a lot of people back to back without any real break in the monotony. I was ready and reassured them of my desire to make a lifelong career in the Geico ranks.

They asked about where else I was applying. I guess they felt i would leave for another job because I said I was looking at jobs with the federal government and science and technology jobs. I know they spend a lot of money paying for you to be a licensed auto insurance in like 5 states or however many are required for your region. I understand that they want to protect their investment and want to make sure you are not going to run as soon as something better looking comes your way. I also understand that they want someone who is going to be competent.

I was reassuring and confident that i could do good things once hired. I got the "you will here from us in the next few days" at the end of a long day. I did hear from them within 24 hours with a "thank you for taking interest in our company" and "apply back in 6 mos." Like I wrote earlier, I understand why they want to protect their interest. I don't understand why it takes them a whole day of time to say, "if you have a bachelors in anything other than business or liberal arts majors, then you should apply to our other positions or other companies."

Overall, I lost a day of pay and was exhausted at the end of the day. I interviewed for jobs that paid more and were a fraction of the time shorter. Hopefully, Geico will shorten its process, but i imagine it won't happen anytime soon. This has renewed a fire in me to really pursue jobs that would take advantage of the skill set i have (What Color is Your Parachute book by Richard Bolles) and not stop until I have a job that benefits me, careerwise and building my skill set, and benefits the company.

Interview Questions
    • How long do you think you could see yourself in (or be satisfied with) this position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO.

Most people who posted here covered the interview process pretty well. The assessment test is really easy. I went on to the interview with the recruiter and then I was told my info will be passed on to management and will hear back in the next few days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I sent in a app online and got a email back saying that I was going to get a call back from HR. She called me today and asked me some general questions. I am going back tomorrow for a interview. So far this all seems pretty painless, but we will see tomorrow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

Started with a phone interview, where they ask you basic questions. Once you make it past that, which is easy, you are scheduled to come in and do testing. My appointment was at 9:15. I and 2 other candidates sat for about a half hour before we were called in to do the computer simulated test (you can do terrible and still pass). A woman then told us we would be called for the interview within 30-45 minutes.

Over 3 HOURS later (and right before I was about to leave) I was called, and asked a set of standardized questions that were read off a screen. The answers they wanted were very specific but not too difficult. This company has absolutely no respect for people's time. If you want to get food you can but you aren't given an accurate time frame for when they will call you, so the safest thing to do is wait as the hours go by.

After I was called into a room and asked standardized questions by a gentleman unprofessionally dressed, I was asked to sit and wait for another couple of hours for a simulation. At that point I just left and went home as my time is too valuable with graduate school and other work to wait an entire day for a call center job.

Geico: Revise your hiring process! Just because the economy is poor doesn't mean you should have a total lack of respect for a prospective hire's time, regardless of the low pay.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult. They just want exact scenarios, which may be hard to give depending on your last job.   Answer Question