GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO.

Impersonal, although it was only a phone screening, I had expected a little more inquiry about my experience. However, I do feel that Geico is a reputable company and they would probably be great to work for with their competitive benefits package...It would just be nice to have a little more of an opportunity to be able to provide my past work experience before I get sent to the chopping block so quickly...I just felt like the interviewer was reading off a script and he most likely was...

Interview Questions
  • I was asked how long I planned to work for Geico, which just seems like a ridiculous question. I understand the reasoning behind the question, but that is a very difficult question to answer when this is just an initial phone screening...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

The interview process i went through did not go to far, i did really bad in the phone interview that i wasn't given a phone call in 3 days. But the process is fast after you applied online. You get a phone call the same day in order to schedule an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEICO in March 2015.

I applied in February on Geico's website. You fill out a personality test after you apply. If you pass that you get an email in a few days asking to schedule a phone interview. You can pick the day and time you want to do it. The phone interview isn't that hard, it is basic questions and they go over the job (When it starts, what the pay is, what days you have off, etc.) I suggest you schedule this phone interview the earliest time you are available. I passed the phone interview and scheduled a time for computer testing the next day. You have to dress business professionally each time you come in. The testing was in a small room and there might be other applicants with you. The testing isn't that hard, what you do is read the instructions and you take incoming email and phone calls from customers that are prerecorded for a fake company and then you transcribe an email. This tests your multitasking skills and words per minute. You get two shots at each part. The 1st time is for practice and the 2nd time is what they grade you on. Taking your time, read the instructions and take a look at all the tabs and the questions beforehand to see what to expect for the incoming calls and emails. After I passed that, everyone was busy so I had to come back two days later for my interview. When I got there the interviewer came out and said all the positions were filled for March's training class. I could either wait 2-3 weeks and come back for Aprils or try and interview for a night time job. The girl said she'd have called me but just got in and found out about it. Once again I had to get all dressed up and prepared for nothing. Since I wanted a daytime job I choose to wait. The waiting and the rudeness of this process really disagreed with me. I waited the 2-3 weeks and they finally called me. I was at work so I didn't hear it to pick up the call. I called back when I got home to try and schedule a time for the next step in the process. It took 2 days for her to call me back. I scheduled it for next week since she said they were all full for that week. I get there all dressed up again and ready to impress. The girl takes me back and I have to do the role play part of the interview process.(You might have to do this with other applicants) You get 6 sheets of paper on another fake company. This one was all about protection plans for appliances, computers and stuff like that. Then you have 5 customer sheets that 3 of those customer will call in with there problems that you have to take. You have 20 minutes to read over all the sheets and to prepare yourself, which is plenty of time. They stress that it's better to read the 6 sheets about the company then the 5 customer sheets. It wasn't that hard since they give you step by step instructions of basically what to do and say. They even give you questions of what the customers will possibly ask and what to do in those situations. (Yes, all of the questions will come up in the role play) They also want you to try and sell the customers an upgrade to there protection plans if they don't have it. Overall, I thought I did well in this part because I have about 5 years of customer service experience. I did make some mistakes, like forgetting to ask for the phone number for one customer and forgetting to sell the upgrade both times. I did sell the upgrades to the customer when they asked about it though. Then the interview calls back on the phone and proceeds to ask generals questions of you, like another phone interview. I thought I answered her questions very well and that I had impressed her. After that I got sent home saying that they needed to send everything over to someone to analyze everything and determine if I was a good fit for the company and position. I didn't know everything I did, like the phone interview, the role play, and small over the phone interview was being recorded. This whole process seems very strange and way too difficult for an entry level position. The interviewer said in 2-3 days I would get an email or a phone call and that you want a phone call because that means you would move forward in the process. After 3 days, I got an email telling me that I wasn't selected and they don't give specific reasons why and they encourage me to apply again in 6 months. I waited a whole extra month for nothing and I wasn't even granted the courtesy to give me a 1 on 1 interview. I wasn't even asked anything about myself or my job history. I did my research and really wanted to work here but I guess it isn't for me. My only advice for applicants is to be prepared to jump through many difficult hoops because Geico obviously is looking for perfection, which nobody is. If you have reservations about being in a call center and/or don't have any customer service or call center experience I suggest you don't apply, so you don't waste your time. If you are confident, go ahead and apply and I hope your experience is better than mine.

Interview Questions
    • Why Geico? Can you deal with the stressful call center? How did you like the role play?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in March 2015.

I went in passed my assessments surprisingly because the multi taking test is no joke. I waited like 20 minutes then was called back to do a "brief" interview and the role play all in one I read some reviews before my interview I didn't go in a room and the hiring manager call on the phone so it kind of confused me she was asking situational questions and role playing together I couldn't understand which one was a interview question and which one was the role playing. After the questions and I guess role play she said they will forward my information to the hiring manager and contact by the end of this week still no word yet, guess I didn't get the job!!!

Interview Questions
    • why work for geico?

name a time when you had to use negotiation skills?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO in March 2015.

OK so I went in at 9 am .. By the time we went into the first step [the tests] it was after 10. The test knocked off a good 6 people, so there were 4 of us left. After the second step [face to face] there were two of us left. One of the managers came out, spoke to the other girl and then there was just me. I then went to do the role play. It was pretty intense, and I was extremely nervous. This whole process took about 6 hours so BE AVAILABLE! All the other reviews said if they don't ask you to stay after that then you didn't get the job. The lady told me someone would contact me in 3 days. 2 days later I got a call saying there was a mix-up and I was supposed to be scheduled for a manager interview after my role play. [Imagine my surprise].

Soooo I haven't gone in yet for that but thought I'd give someone some tips. Wish me luck!

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GEICO in March 2015.

I guess my experience is more for the older worker who has been out of the loop for a while:

I applied online just a few days ago. I was given a link to schedule a telephone interview. My telephone interview was just 30 minutes ago and it lasted maybe five minutes! I was just told the hours of training, the hours of the job and what the pay would be. My interviewer asked about my commute and if I thought I could handle the hours. He also wanted to know a little about my past work history. I've been out of the job market for quite some time and think that's a negative for many employers but I answered honestly. That was about it. He didn't ask why I wanted to work for GEICO or if I had any questions to ask. At the end, he told me he would pass this info on to his supervisor and if she was interested, she'd call me back. Judging by the previous experiences given here, I didn't get the job. I have extensive call center training and love that type of environment. I really wanted this job. Oh, well! GEICO's loss WILL BE (I'm very optimistic!) some other company's gain.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in March 2015.

Extremely lengthy. It took about 3-4 hours. Began with an computer assessment test where you are given the opportunity to exemplify your multitasking skills. Upon passing that phase, you interview with HR rep and if they want to proceed with you as a candidate, you move onto role playing. If you pass that phase, you shadow an employee and finally speak with a CSR manager.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

I applied online. Then I got a call to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I had to go in the office to do a computer test. I passed a test, so then I need to schedule for another phone Interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult customer you've had to deal with and what did you do?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Applied online and answer a personality test, the next day I got an email for the phone interview. The phone interview is easy, pretty much basic questions, and they explain salary and benefits, they will send you an email to set an hr and time for your next exam and interview. The computer exam is not difficult, you just need to be focus and pay attention to the instructions carefully, if you pass this you get a 1-1 interview with HR, once again basic questions about your job, I was then passed to the next level, but that day there were not managers available for interview. I got a call the next day to set an interview with the recruiting managers, I sat down with someone during his work shift for about 20 minutes then I had an interview with 3 hiring managers, everything went smoothly but I unfortunately I did not get an offer, they told me to wait for their call between 5 days. I guess I didn't make it.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Geico? Situational questions (tell me about a time you...), what was your more recent drawback at work/personal? Why did you chose Geico?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in February 2015.

Over EIGHT HOURS for the interview! The hiring staff were like robots and very VERY strange! They make you feel as if you are interviewing for a CIA job and go WAY overboard and are too intense for a simple job in answering phones/customer service. The management and HR crew were HIGHLY invasive to my personal life and privacy and inquired about personal issues that had NOTHING to do with the job I interviewed for. They were very inconsiderate of my day's schedule for the interview and had me stay for (as stated previously) 8 1/2 hours! I've NEVER had that long of an interview and quite frankly, although I'm looking to obtain employment, I was very inconvenienced and already could feel the PRESSURE of working at a place that was sure to be a stressful place of employment. RED FLAG! If you're already being micro-managed BEFORE you are even employed by them, I can only imagine how worse it would be working there. I stuck it out and gave them a shot, but they held off on telling me that the hire date would be THREE WEEKS after my interview was over (at the end of the interview they gave me an official written job offer). Three weeks before you would start working and then they went on to explain how it'd be at least another THREE WEEKS before I got my first paycheck! So... (oh and I almost forgot... before they set up an interview you take a personality/psychological evaluation test that lasts over an hour that you do from home!) an 8 1/2 hour interview, 3 weeks before you start working for them and 6 weeks before you get paid! Um... no thank you! Ain't nobody got time for that! Wow... I highly recommend seeking employment elsewhere! (Which is exactly what I did and got a much better offer and started only 7 days after my initial interview at my new job!)

Interview Questions
    • Personal life questions that had nothing to do with the job. Crazy unrealistic "what would you do if" type of questions. VERY inconvenient and invasive interviewing.   Answer Question