GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in after the phone interview for computer multitasking test I passed. Then i did my interview with a member if a HR i passed. Then I did my role playing task and after that follow up questions. Then they said they will contact me in 2-3 days after a hiring board approves it. Does this mean I did not get it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did not agree with your supervisor or manager decision. What did you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on Wednesday and had the initial phone interview on Thursday. After talking with a recruiter of some sort, I was scheduled for an interview at Geico on Monday. They tell you to be prepared to stay 4-6 hours and trust me, if you really want the job and you do well, you will be there for awhile. The first phase was a typing/multitasking computerized test. If you pass that, to go on to read over some of the information you filled out on your application and answer some questions about things you would like or wouldn't like about your specific job or the job environment. The next phase is to meet with someone from the hiring time to answer some behavioral questions; "Tell me about a time" type things. They type up all this information and if things go well you move to the next phase which is a telephone role play. You go in a room and there's a packet you have to read and understand in 20 minutes. You do three role plays and then that same hiring manager evaluates the role plays, types it up and determines whether or not you go to the next phase. If you get lucky, and you do well, you get to go to the floor associated with what job you'll be doing and shadow someone for roughly 30 minutes. After that, you meet with a hiring manager who asks you more in depth questions. This is the interview that you should be honest and really explain yourself. afterwards, they speak with other managers and if they like what they hear, you're hired.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Once you apply online they will email you to set up a live phone interview where you pick the day and hour they call you. Once you pass that they ask what day you want to come in for an interview. Its 5 hours long if you make it the whole process. First you take a computer test then if you pass you meet with a hiring associate who interviews you about work history and scenarios. They want to know how you handle with customers. Then you have to do fake calls for fake companies and you are customer service. Then they have you shadow someone on the floor and have you take notes because the next step is being interviewed by the hiring manager and they will ask you questions about it. They also ask more in depth about your plans and goals with the company. They want someone who is looking for a career with them and not just a job. All and all it was nerve wrecking but they want the right person. I personally thought i was doing well, but they kept mentioning that they are reviewing other applicants and will get back to me in a week. Im not stressing it because the hour they offered me was 130-12am which I'm not too excited about. The guy on the phone interview said it was 230-11pm idk how they made that mistake. Dont know if I would still accept them knowing that its a 10+ hour shift.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a customer that disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

There were 5 steps to the process. Application, phone interview, typing test, simulation and department interview. You have to pass each one to move on to the next. They are extremely interested in how you handle the phone simulation. It is a major factor in the decision to move people forward in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan to stay with the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Getzville, NY).

Interview

Applied online then received an email about a day later to set up a phone interview. Set up my phone interview for 9 the next morning. Around 9:30 I got a call from geico from an 800 number. Phone interview was as basic as it can get. They ask you about your current situation and work history and tell you about the position you are applying for. It's essentially just a screening and if you check out. At the end of the phone interview I was asked when I'd be able to come in for a skills exam and a face to face interview. Set it up for the next day at noon. Promptly arrived at 11:30 and went into the front reception area where I was told to have a seat and fill out some waivers and look over my application. Around 12:30 myself and 2 other people were brought into another room that had 9 computer stations. We were told it was a skills exam and there were some practice activities first. Overall the testing wasn't that hard as long as you can process information at a good level and can type well. The test simulated a call center environment. I was told it would take an hour and a half but we were all done within 45 minutes. After the testing we were called into another room one by one. After waiting 15-20 minutes I was called back. The HR representative had my file and said that I had passed the examination and that she wanted to set up another face to face interview with another representative (I thought there would be an interview the same day?). I scheduled another interview for a week later. A week later I came in around 12 again and was promptly met by my interviewer about 5 minutes later. The face to face interview was pretty simple. There weren't any curveball questions. After the 10-15 minute process I was escorted to another room where I had to do a roll play activity. You sit at a desk with a packet of information and a phone. You have 20 minutes to learn the company information and then you will receive 3 phone calls and you have to deal with the customers. Typically they will go from easy to hard. The whole process took about an hour. At the end the interviewer came back and asked me how I thought I did and if I had the right training would I be able to do the job. She then said she would get back to me in 2-3 days. About a week later I got an email stating that they weren't interested. There were a ton of hoops to jump through for a job that I haven't heard great things about. I wouldn't think about going for this job if you don't have customer service experience. They're looking for seasoned veterans even at the entry level position.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

You first complete a multi tasking test which is quite straightfoward and easy. Then you are taken to a room with a HR person who asks standard questions and then the roleplay. Make sure you use your time wisely and highlight any sales opportunity on each of your 'fake customers'. After this i waited 20mins for a supervisor to ask me questions...he was very arrogant and smug and did not seem to be a people person. He said i had to wait 5days to hear from a hiring manager but i doubt i will hear anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Long, but very thorough interview. The multitasking test was tough but I saw that I scored a 95 and typed 129 wpm (only 1 error on each of the 2 tests). 2/6 of us did not move in. I never saw the other 4 again in the process after the multitasking assessment. I spent 5 hours. Multitasking test, meeting with HR rep, telephone role play, listen to calls, meet with customer service manager and offered job as long as credit/background check clear. Went to HR and filled out paperwork. Came back next day for drug test. It's been a week exactly. Still waiting to hear results from background screen for the formal offer. Great experience. They're obviously very selective which is great. After 6 days I left a message on the v/m at my local office to check the status of my application. That same day, someone called me from the employment verification service to ask me to send my W-2s for the companies for which I worked because they were having a hard time verifying employment. Received a call the day after from the HR manager at the local office and she informed me that she was returning my call and everything had gone through and I had cleared all the hurdles -- even the credit check that I was a little worried about because I had recently filed bankruptcy. I'm now looking forward to starting on the date given!

Interview Questions

• What did you do if you weren't meeting performance goals.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Pretty generic and not personal at all. First there's the phone interview that ask you irrelevant questions then there is the in person interview. You show up to a location and you're there from morning till evening. The whole process takes an entire day and not and hour or two. You're then shoved into a room where they test your typing speed and various scenario questions depending on what job you applied for. If it's customer service in any form, typing speed and how efficient you can work plus how well mannered you are is tested via role play. If it's a sales gig then they test you with a live scenario with the hiring personal role playing with you and you have to try to sell them something. The you go to the call center work floor for the department correlating with your job and you job shadow. This part gives you no idea of how it really us until you actually do the job, then you meet a supervisor or manager or someone in hiring again that ask you some stupid questions that aren't personal at all and doesn't gauge you as a person. Then they offer you a gig right then and there. No negotiations about how much you make. Turnover is high do they want you more than you do

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very in depth, including: a phone interview, multitasking test, one on one interview with HR, a few simulated customer calls, shadowing a representative and a final interview with management. Everyone was really sweet, it's an amazing opportunity and definitely worth the time and effort.

Interview Questions

• What responsibilities do you anticipate being difficult for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I had applied online. After online application they send you a link for a personality test. After that was completed I received an email from a recruiter, set up a phone interview. They review the job description, ask questions about your available work days, there is NO negotiation of salary. It is what it is. After I had gone though interview questions they set up a face to face to face interview. I had my phone interview Friday & the face to face was set up for the following week. Took an assessment test for typing skills. I passed that. I had a 30 minute face to face with an HR Recruiter. I then did a role playing type thing for another 30 minutes. I was taken to the call center and sat with a CSR and watched them for about 20 minutes. Shortly after a manager came by and interviewed me as well. Interview was a recap of my resume. She made the decision to make me an offer. They do a background check credit check and Drug test

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a situation when you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer