GEICO

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

121 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in April 2014.

Initial phone interview. Personality, typing and multitasking test before any interview takes place. Once you have been told you passed the tests, a HR supervisor will interview you. If you passed that part you will then move on to the role playing. Here you are given a packet of a fake company that you will have 20 minutes to read over. Do not try to know everything, just bits you think are important. After 20 minutes you will be called and have to either explain info to a customer, keep a customer from leaving or explaining why a customer received a bill (these were all of my scenarios, yours might be different). If you complete that successfully, you will shadow an employee for an hour and then have your final interview with the department manager and supervisor.

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Customer Service Representative Interview

Apply online. Called in for basic skills testing (wpm, taking notes, etc.). Simple interview to review job history, goals, etc. Job specific interview to gauge interest, skills. Assessment. Management interview. FULL DAY PROCESS. Pack a lunch!!

Interview Questions
    • The assessment was unexpected, but they are basically looking for how you respond to a customer and follow basic instructions/guidelines.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

The entire process was absolutely grueling. From application to offer, it took about a week. You start with computer testing after an initial phone interview, then interview with HR. If they decide they want to move forward, you sit with an agent who does the job. Once you sit with them for an hour, you interview with the department supervisors. You are then selected from the pool that was interviewed by them.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You pick a shift, and you are told a salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GEICO in March 2014.

Came in around 9am for an interview. Started off with the computer literacy test..it's fairly easy. Did the interview with HR afterwards. Told me I would be contacted if I get to the second part of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • just typical interview questions i.g why you want to work near and some situational questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO in January 2014.

Simple interview, first on the phone that I scheduled myself, then in person at the call center

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

interviewed at GEICO in December 2013.

It's a very lengthy process. Not well organized and it's clear.

Interview Questions
    • The phone experience is the worst part. They pretend to be different customers and you have to have the right infliction in your tone. It shows you what the job is really like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO.

Take an online personality test. Then take another set of computer simulated tests.
    No matter how smart or how great your IQ is, you are just a score and a number.
    Failed the test. And that was a good thing. If you would have gotten a job, you will just be a lowly call center employee, you will be reduced to just stats and not a human being. Got a better paying job a few weeks after.

Interview Questions
    • No interview from a human person.
      All computer based tests

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO.

The hiring process is very extensive and its very hard hard to get on board with Geico. After you apply, you have a test that you have to pass. If you pass that test, you have an interview. If you pass the interview, you then have another interview. If that interview goes well, then you have a role play. If that role play goes well, then you get to listen to calls in the department you are applying for. After approximately two hours of listening to calls, you will interview with the manager. If the manager likes you, then you are hired as long as you pass your drug and background check.

Interview Questions
    • No question is difficult if you answer base on what you think they are looking for in that question. The most difficult part of the hiring process is the role play.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GEICO in September 2013.

The first thing you do is apply online. If you pass, someone will be calling you to discuss the job. This call happened the next day. I applied at 10:30 at night, the next morning I got an email telling me to pick a time for the call to happen, and by 12:00 that day I was talking to someone about the job preview and the expectations. If the person likes you then you'll go on to the next stage which is the true interview process...

Note: Expect lots of waiting at this interview as it will take all of 5 hours and possibly more.

You show up at the office with about 5 to 10 other people and take a skills and typing test together. The skills test is getting used to a system where you input information that you receive via "phone calls" and "emails". They are obviously not real, you just treat it like they are. The interviewer tells you time and time again that you won't be able to keep up with the information but that's a lie, it's very easy to keep up if you spend the practice time actually learning the software (it's easy). Typing is typing. If you can type quickly and read well then you're good to go. Afterwards they'll take you one at a time out of the room and tell you if you passed that portion. Of the 8 people in my group, 5 made it to the next round.

The next round is 1-on-1 interviews with a hiring professional. You wait for your named to be called and then you meet with someone who talks to you about your previous jobs and what you'll be doing at Geico. Pretty basic stuff, "Tell me a time when..." or "Blah Blah Difficult Customer, what did you do?". Stuff like that. Ask plenty of questions about the job and training and company. After all that is done, the fun starts; the role play.

The Role Play. You're put in a single room with a few sheets describing a fake company, a few pens, and a phone. Your job will be to answer 3 questions about different customers accounts given the information provided to you. All of the information will be provided and you will have 20 minutes to study everything. Trust me, that's plenty of time. Once your 20 minutes of studying are up, the phone will ring and someone will be playing one of the 5 customers that you were given and you handle the interaction. Be friendly, nice, understanding, correct, and they'll love you. I stumbled and stuttered my way through it but I followed the guidelines given to you in the sheets and they passed me. You'll get called 3 times. You go to the final stage if you passed this.

The Final Stage. You meet with a hiring professional who once again goes over job history and asks the same interview questions. Feel free to ask this person the same questions you had for the first person in the 1-on-1 session. If you've made it this far, you're going to get a job offer so congrats!!!

Final-Final Stage. You have to do a drug test, credit check, and background check. They test your hair and not your urine for the drug test so if you do drugs, don't even try and apply. This one will catch you. I don't do drugs so I obviously passed this. The whole background check stuff took about 9 days.

It's a long interview process but it's typically done in one day. Mine took two days because the hiring professional wasn't free anymore so they rescheduled that interview for the next day. If they ever ask you to leave without scheduling something else, you didn't get the job. They'll tell you something about "... we'll send an email soon". Yeah, you didn't get the job. Sorry.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were the Role Playing.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I have a college degree so I started out at 15.25. Truth-be-told, I did no try and negotiate because that is a lot more than I was making before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in October 2013.

Basically they tell you that you will have no life other than work or preparing for work.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much no questions. Just telling you the bad hours, long training & that they will own you   Answer Question

Shift hours were horrible and not split normally. No days off. The job is all about the numbers. Very little care about family life. That is bad management. A good management company knows that even though goals must be met, you also must take care of your employers family life. If your employers are happy, they will devote more than you can imagine