GEICO

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in October 2013.

Basically they tell you that you will have no life other than work or preparing for work.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty much no questions. Just telling you the bad hours, long training & that they will own you   Answer Question

Shift hours were horrible and not split normally. No days off. The job is all about the numbers. Very little care about family life. That is bad management. A good management company knows that even though goals must be met, you also must take care of your employers family life. If your employers are happy, they will devote more than you can imagine

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

interviewed at GEICO in September 2013.

applied online. received an email to set up a time to go in and take a skills test. if you pass the skills test you move on to be interviewed. if you fail you are shown the way out and told you can apply again in 6 months.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO in September 2013.

I applied online, and was then sent an email within 24 hrs. asking me to select an phone interview time online. She asked if I would be available for schedualing Mon. - Sat from 6am to 12am. and also let me know that there are no designated shifts. One day I may work in the AM, the next in the evenings. She also confirmed that employees are monitored for ongoing training purposes and the reason for such micromanagement boiled down to Excellent Customer Service. If they had offered I would have turned it down. I just now recieved an email 2 weeks later stating I was not selected and I was welcome to reapply in 6 mo.

Interview Questions
    • They didnt want to know anything about me except how agreeable to their terms I was going to be.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in September 2013.

Met a recruiter at a school job fair. He followed up with an email in less than a week, encouraging me to apply. I did. Then I received a phone call the next day to schedule a phone interview for the following day.

During the phone interview I was asked about 5 years of previous work experience. This part seemed pretty straight forward.

Next I am to wait to let the management go over my interview and determine if we will proceed.

This is as far as I have gone.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a scenario where I was talking with a customer. They were late on a payment, however they had apparently attempted to make a payment but had entered an incorrect credit card number. My question was how to handle that situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

The first telephone interview was fairly straightforward. Usual questions, nothing fancy. The second telephone interview was a bit more detailed, with more about work experience. By the time they booked the third interview, I was a bit tired of the process. I also was not keen on the fact that they decided to decline based on a credit check rather than actually considering whether the person was a proper fit. In my case, the only negative I had was how many inquiries were on my credit; there were no derogatories.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time when you were not able to assist the customer with their concern." Not difficult to answer but unexpected because it felt like an entrapment question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in August 2013.

Started off taking the test on the computer, be calm it is really easy. I do not even type fast and I passed. Just make sure you follow the instructions very closely you will be fine.

Next you talk to an HR employee, they ask you the typical questions nothing bad at all. Just answer with confidence and energy because this shows them if you are willing to work there and not to just collect a paycheck.

Next was the role playing which was actually really fun!! Play along with it, no one is going to hurt you or fire you, remember it is a try out so as your doing be focused but have fun.

After I sat with an employee on the floor while she was taking calls. It was great, I asked many questions due to the fact I wanted to know if she really enjoyed her job.

The final stage was talking to the department supervisor, honestly it was easier than the first interview witht he HR employee. Be yourself and confident.

Straight up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Getzville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Getzville, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GEICO in August 2013.

It started with an application online. I received an E-Mail a few days later to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was sent down to the Geico building to take a multi tasking test and personality test. After I passed those, I was sent to do a role play with the Human Resources Worker, and after I passed that, I was sat down to do an interview with the Human Resources worker. After that, I was set up for a 1 hour job shadowing and then an interview with the Customer Service floor manager. They were all very friendly and the interview questions were basic.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with upset customers, why do you want to work for Geico, why would you be a good fit here, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I was told the salary, position, and picked a schedule during my previous interviews. You just get offered the position, and have to take a drug test and have a background and credit check done.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO in August 2013.

The process was long but quick, I had a phone interview, a computer test and then a role play. I think the people at Geico were friendly and seemed interested in working to get you hired. The pay was good, you did not get to pick the shift you work.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was the role play, I was not sure what to expect and did not do well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in August 2013.

Went for interview at the Orange CT office. Interviewer was nice and explained the job and salary. Then the interviewer brought up the subject of benefits, stating health insurance was not offered and that "all the ladies here have spouses and are on their insurance". Decided to stick with my current job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO.

There are three parts to the interview. The first interview consists of a multi-tasking test. If you pass then you can interview and if they like you then you get to be invited to the 3rd part of the process where you have to study a manuscript and then answer Irate phonecalls from "customers."

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was the phone calls from the hiring managers that are looking for the future employees to understand main themes of the fake company. For instance, "Will my insurance go up because I have made 5 claims?" If the manuscript says that it will go up you have to explain to the "customer" that it will go up but that having them covered is still the best option because it would have cost him x amount of dollars if he had done it by himself..."   Answer Question