GEICO

Updated Jan 29, 2015

127 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Getzville, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Getzville, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GEICO in August 2013.

It started with an application online. I received an E-Mail a few days later to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was sent down to the Geico building to take a multi tasking test and personality test. After I passed those, I was sent to do a role play with the Human Resources Worker, and after I passed that, I was sat down to do an interview with the Human Resources worker. After that, I was set up for a 1 hour job shadowing and then an interview with the Customer Service floor manager. They were all very friendly and the interview questions were basic.

Interview Questions
  • How to deal with upset customers, why do you want to work for Geico, why would you be a good fit here, etc.   Answer Question
No negotiation. I was told the salary, position, and picked a schedule during my previous interviews. You just get offered the position, and have to take a drug test and have a background and credit check done.

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO in August 2013.

The process was long but quick, I had a phone interview, a computer test and then a role play. I think the people at Geico were friendly and seemed interested in working to get you hired. The pay was good, you did not get to pick the shift you work.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was the role play, I was not sure what to expect and did not do well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in August 2013.

Went for interview at the Orange CT office. Interviewer was nice and explained the job and salary. Then the interviewer brought up the subject of benefits, stating health insurance was not offered and that "all the ladies here have spouses and are on their insurance". Decided to stick with my current job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO.

There are three parts to the interview. The first interview consists of a multi-tasking test. If you pass then you can interview and if they like you then you get to be invited to the 3rd part of the process where you have to study a manuscript and then answer Irate phonecalls from "customers."

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was the phone calls from the hiring managers that are looking for the future employees to understand main themes of the fake company. For instance, "Will my insurance go up because I have made 5 claims?" If the manuscript says that it will go up you have to explain to the "customer" that it will go up but that having them covered is still the best option because it would have cost him x amount of dollars if he had done it by himself..."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO in July 2013.

Applied online had a short phone interview and then had to wait 3 months to have an onsite interview and testing! 4 of us went into testing room, 3 of us passed on to an interview. Waited 1 1/2 hours for the interview. People who passed the interview were brought back out front to schedule role play the others were shown to a back door and told they would hear in a couple of days.

Interview Questions
    • I had already explained to the interviewer that I had run my own business for the last 22 years and he still asked me Describe a time when you disagreed with your boss and how did you handle it. I told him again I was the boss. I then went on and said however if that would happen to me now I would handle it like this etc. It seemed to me that my being a previous business owner was a huge negative point with him!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO in July 2013.

Applied via internet, was scheduled for a interview via email on a specific date at a specific time, with all respect they did state "Please understand that some interviews could start up to 15 minutes after the scheduled time due to interviewer availability". I waited for 1 hour for phone interview.

I have never heard from them, they have total lack of respect and disregard for potential applicant pool, given current scenerio I wouldn't consider them as an employer as undependable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in June 2013.

There are three parts to the interview. The first interview consists of a multi-tasking test. If you pass then you can interview and if they like you then you get to be invited to the 3rd part of the process where you have to study a manuscript and then answer Irate phone calls from "customers."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO in June 2013.

Long process, but worth it was offered job for tucson office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

The hiring process is very long.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO in March 2013.

It's a long process

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a time you struggled to reach a goal?   View Answer