GEICO

Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Development Program, Service Management Training Interview

Management Development Program, Service Management Training
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone call to set up a time for a phone interview the very next day. The phone interview was easy, just typical behavioral questions, the types of questions from any ordinary interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked for my availability for an on-site interview and testing. I arrived later that week and took 4 tests, 3 of which were on the computer. They were a behavioral test, a multitasking test which included typing, and a test which asked you to solve different questions in a short amount of time. All were pretty easy. The final test I took were several mock-phone calls. The hiring manager gave me a packet to study for 20 minutes, and then called 3 times as 3 different customers. You have to calm down customers, explain policies, etc. I thought I did well on the phone test but was told that I did not score high enough to get the in-person interview.

Interview Question – What do you bring to Geico that nobody else in this company has?   Answer Question

Auto Damage Management Development Program Interview

Auto Damage Management Development Program
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GEICO in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied in April 2014. Got an email from HR within same day. Asked to send all school transcripts and then complete an online test/assessment within 24 hours. Was called by recruiter to schedule phone interview. Interview was focused around:

1) The background/requirements of the position
2) Behavioral style questions

After interview, was told I would be contacted within a week regarding application.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Representative III Interview

Customer Service Representative III
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GEICO in January 2010.

Interview Details – submitted my resume by fax and call the HR department 2 days later to see if the received my application. HR received it and set up an interview the next day. The next day I had 2 interviews with supervisors. I was asked to come back for a 3rd interview and an assessment. Need to pass an assessment and a background check.

Interview Question – all questions asked were standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Call Center Representative Interview

Call Center Representative
Dallas, TX

I interviewed at GEICO in February 2014.

Interview Details – Received a phone call back after a few emails back and forth. Went through a 20-25 min phone interview and was asked to schedule testing at their corporate offices.

Interview Question – To sell items in which I had no previous knowledge of.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Liability Claims Representative
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – I applied to the position online. In less than a week I received an e-mail telling me to select a time for a phone interview. I chose a date and time for later that week. HR called me on the selected date and asked me to reschedule for a later date because an '"emergency" happened in their department[red flag]

The phone interview was pretty straight forward. General questions.To be honest, I might has well have been talking to an automated system The person that was interviewing me was rather stoic and was just going through the motions. Not engaging at all. The person told me that there would be an assessment later on in the month and that I would come to the office to take it. They even asked me if I would be available on that date and I said yes.

Most of the questions asked were closed-ended, which is NOT a good thing for any interview. So...I thought the next step would be them sending me a message confirming me to come into the assessment since I told them that I could be available for that date.

Manager Development Program - Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Manager Development Program - Auto Damage Adjuster
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in January 2014.

Interview Details – Apply Onlined: Standard online application format. However, you have to meet all requirements including a 3.2 GPA.

Testing: Two computerized test are conducted with a representative on the phone the entire time. This takes approximately one-hour to complete (30 minutes each test).

Telephone Interview: Standard questions by a representative. Takes approximately 45 minutes.

Office Interview: Next phase in the hiring process.

Interview Question – Situational Based Interview   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Auto Damage Adjuster
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very intense several interviews and a mock senario of your worst customers.

Interview Question – Worst was the senario. There is no real way to prepare yourself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very cut and dry. No negotation because they offered me a fair wage right from the start.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and received call back a couple of weeks later to set up interview. Initial Interview had typing test, then face to face interview followed by sales role play. Mine was all done on the same day.

Interview Question – Not really difficult questions. However, I did not expect role play. But, that was not bad at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just signed paper work got drug test pretty straight forward.

Management Development Program Interview

Management Development Program
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position (service department) in early October and it took a total of about 3 weeks. I got initial phone call to verify completion of business core classes (accounting, economics, statistics, computer applications, business law, and finance) I forwarded unofficial transcripts same day. I received an email to complete personality tests (about 135 questions) and decision making test, which I completed and emailed back. Couple of days later, phone interview scheduled. Lasted 45 minutes exactly..be prepared to discuss leadership experiences such as what you like least/most about being a leader? most/least favorite job, describe a time you had a difficult customer, a time you had to motivate your team as a leader, concerns you may have coming to work for Geico. Also important is to know why you are interested in a specific department (service, claims, sales). Couple of days later, I got another phone call from my recruiter (same person who did phone interview) scheduling me for office visit. I went in two days and the process was quite structured and faster than I had imagined. Basically, day one involved multitasking tests (listening, reading, typing, via phone, email recordings with a fake company). There were about 8 other candidates. If you type about 40 to 50wpm you should have no worries. Do not focus on being perfect, just try to limit too many typing errors and make sure your speed is reasonable. Also with the listening and typing, you most likely wont get everything but do the best you can. Once testing was completed, recruiters immediately came in and met candidates one on one. I had 3 role play phone calls done at this time. Again, just focus on polite, cheerful tone and offer sale when necessary. The customer should be able to hear from your voice that you are willing to help. You have about twenty minutes to read through paperwork for fake company and then the phone rings. You are given about 2 minutes after each call to document before the next call. Make sure to politely stick to company policy when speaking with customer, and don't try to waive deductible fees. Also try to retain customers who may want to cancel. It was a fun experience for me. I was scheduled for a panel interview the next day. Met with 3 fantastic corporate members. More, more, questions on leadership role and abilities. Accepted offer on the spot. No salary negotiation by the way but its said that salary promotions may quickly become available after training. Associates seem happy here and most people have held many different positions.

Interview Question – What was your most and least favorite job and why? What can you bring to this position that no one else can?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no room for negotiation. Pretty fixed on their digits. If you really like this type of industry, give it a shot, I've met so many people who have been with the company over twenty years and are happy. There is opportunity to grow with the company and I am sure that comes with salary increases as well. Goodluck to you.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Take an online personality test. Then take another set of computer simulated tests.
No matter how smart or how great your IQ is, you are just a score and a number.
Failed the test. And that was a good thing. If you would have gotten a job, you will just be a lowly call center employee, you will be reduced to just stats and not a human being. Got a better paying job a few weeks after.

Interview Question – No interview from a human person.
All computer based tests
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GEICO

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!

GEICO Videos

GEICO – Why Work for Us?

Government Employees Insurance Company. Puzzled, are you? Well, the name goes back to the beginnings of the company. Founder Leo Goodwin first targeted a customer base of U.S. government employees and military… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GEICO interview questions and advice in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by GEICO employees and interview candidates.