GEICO

3.2

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

Initial communication was through on campus career fair. Was then contacted by email 2 days later and had a short, 30-minute phone interview the next week. The phone interview was a bit strange, several scenarios were presented and I was asked to give a reaction. A lot of explaining about the program went on throughout the phone call.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel you will use your degree over the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Geico Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source – interviewed at GEICO.

Online test which you will need to pass. then you will get a call. was done in 3 days and i got that call. then they take you to a skills test which takes about 2 hrs. simulated computer testing and get set on the phone. you do phone, email.

Interview Questions
    • you take a test- simulating a insurance call scenario. mostly robotic, no logic involved   Answer Question

Management Development Program, Service Management Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Applied online, received a phone call to set up a time for a phone interview the very next day. The phone interview was easy, just typical behavioral questions, the types of questions from any ordinary interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked for my availability for an on-site interview and testing. I arrived later that week and took 4 tests, 3 of which were on the computer. They were a behavioral test, a multitasking test which included typing, and a test which asked you to solve different questions in a short amount of time. All were pretty easy. The final test I took were several mock-phone calls. The hiring manager gave me a packet to study for 20 minutes, and then called 3 times as 3 different customers. You have to calm down customers, explain policies, etc. I thought I did well on the phone test but was told that I did not score high enough to get the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you bring to Geico that nobody else in this company has?   Answer Question

Auto Damage Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GEICO in April 2014.

Applied in April 2014. Got an email from HR within same day. Asked to send all school transcripts and then complete an online test/assessment within 24 hours. Was called by recruiter to schedule phone interview. Interview was focused around:

1) The background/requirements of the position
    2) Behavioral style questions

After interview, was told I would be contacted within a week regarding application.

Interview Questions
    • What other companies have you applied for?   View Answer
    • Describe a time when you were in a leadership role.   Answer Question
    • What do you like about being a leader? What do you not like?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you kept a team/group motivated.   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you bring to Geico that other candidates don't?   View Answer

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

I applied to the position online. In less than a week I received an e-mail telling me to select a time for a phone interview. I chose a date and time for later that week. HR called me on the selected date and asked me to reschedule for a later date because an '"emergency" happened in their department[red flag]

The phone interview was pretty straight forward. General questions.To be honest, I might has well have been talking to an automated system The person that was interviewing me was rather stoic and was just going through the motions. Not engaging at all. The person told me that there would be an assessment later on in the month and that I would come to the office to take it. They even asked me if I would be available on that date and I said yes.

Most of the questions asked were closed-ended, which is NOT a good thing for any interview. So...I thought the next step would be them sending me a message confirming me to come into the assessment since I told them that I could be available for that date.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

interviewed at GEICO in February 2014.

Received a phone call back after a few emails back and forth. Went through a 20-25 min phone interview and was asked to schedule testing at their corporate offices.

Interview Questions
    • To sell items in which I had no previous knowledge of.   Answer Question

Manager Development Program - Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEICO in January 2014.

Apply Onlined: Standard online application format. However, you have to meet all requirements including a 3.2 GPA.

Testing: Two computerized test are conducted with a representative on the phone the entire time. This takes approximately one-hour to complete (30 minutes each test).

Telephone Interview: Standard questions by a representative. Takes approximately 45 minutes.

Office Interview: Next phase in the hiring process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO.

Take an online personality test. Then take another set of computer simulated tests.
    No matter how smart or how great your IQ is, you are just a score and a number.
    Failed the test. And that was a good thing. If you would have gotten a job, you will just be a lowly call center employee, you will be reduced to just stats and not a human being. Got a better paying job a few weeks after.

Interview Questions
    • No interview from a human person.
      All computer based tests

Answer Question

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO.

Short and not very sweet--the HR interviewer told me that she didn't think I would "fit in" @ GEICO--I had owned my own successful business for over 10 years--college grad, resume' showing success and leadership at another large corporation....maybe my age???...I am over 40...

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO in November 2013.

The interviewer was extremely unprofessional; I never got a call from my phone interview so I emailed her to reschedule. When she did call, he tone was very bored and rude, she rushed through the questions and asked questions with a snobbish attitude. I didn't bother following up, I just don't see the point of asking for an interview if their attitude is non chalant.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer would drill with her questions, not friendly at all.   Answer Question