GEICO

GEICO Emergling Leader Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Emergling Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GEICO in March 2013.

Applied for the Emerging Leader program online, and received an email asking for other information (resume, cover letter, and transcript). After that, scheduled a phone interview, which lasted around 30 minutes. Questions were mainly leadership based, such as tell me a time you showed good leadership, or how you motivated workers in the past. Not much discussion of previous job experience, more up to you to use that information to answer questions. About a week later, I received another email saying the hiring managers believed I was more qualified for the Supervisor Leadership Program, and had forwarded my information to them.

Interview Questions
  • Focused mainly on why I wanted to work for GEICO, and previous leadership experience   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GEICO.

This was probably the worst interview process I have ever been on. It took 3 months. There was a major lack of communication between everyone. I had to get in touch with the company several times because they went weeks without contacting me. I probably had about 7 interviews. In the end they said I was not qualified enough for the position, which they could have told me in the beginning, it would have saved me a lot of time. I thought they handled the situation extremely poorly. They basically strung me along and I am so glad I learned this about the company. They offered me a different position but I chose to not take it simply based on how difficult they made this interview process.

I was really impressed with how nice and polite everyone was, they even thanked me for my business. I was actually quite interested in working for them, but not after the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in November 2011.

Met at a campus career fair. Later met for 1 on 1 interview on campus. Went to Macon Ga. location for several aptitude tests. About a week later was contacted for group interview where I gave a presentation to several of the higher ups in the company

Interview Questions
    • no real technical questions, mostly just making sure you wanted the job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in October 2010.

The women who interviewed me had worked their for 2 months and spent an hour telling me how amazing she was and how she was such an asset to geico, than asked me some questions. An hour later, she told me the position was not even available and they would contact me in the future if they saw anything open up that I would seem like a good fit for.

Emergling Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEICO in October 2011.

The interview process was extremely extensive - beginning with a phone interview, followed by a recorded video interview, a personality/problem solving assessment, and finally an in-person all day interview. The field recruiters are extremely nice and professional. The recruiter conducted my phone interview and it was relaxed and efficient. The video interview was a bit strange since there's no actual human on the other end - the interview is simply being recorded for a panel to review at a later time. This made it odd because you were just talking to a reflection of yourself. The personality/problem solving assessment was fine and didn't take very long - although I'm unsure of the actual benefit the interviewer gains from it. Next the in-person interview was an all-day event consisting of one on one interviews, a test, and a luncheon.

Interview Questions
    • GEICO uses age, location, and make and model of vehicle to assess insurance rates - which of these is the most important and give three reasons why.   View Answer

I chose to decline this offer because of what was an apparent lack of communication between people and departments. Throughout the process my prospective salary was reduced from $60,000 to $50,000 and when communication broke down, rather than accepting responsibility or trying to clear things up, all of the people I spoke to blamed me for the problem and were extremely unprofessional and rude during interactions. I am happy I had this interaction before I accepted the position because if this is how I was treated during the interview process, I can't imagine what it's like to work there.