GEICO

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Emergling Leader

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GEICO in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for the Emerging Leader program online, and received an email asking for other information (resume, cover letter, and transcript). After that, scheduled a phone interview, which lasted around 30 minutes. Questions were mainly leadership based, such as tell me a time you showed good leadership, or how you motivated workers in the past. Not much discussion of previous job experience, more up to you to use that information to answer questions. About a week later, I received another email saying the hiring managers believed I was more qualified for the Supervisor Leadership Program, and had forwarded my information to them.

Interview Question – Focused mainly on why I wanted to work for GEICO, and previous leadership experience   Answer Question

Macon, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in November 2011.

Interview Details – Met at a campus career fair. Later met for 1 on 1 interview on campus. Went to Macon Ga. location for several aptitude tests. About a week later was contacted for group interview where I gave a presentation to several of the higher ups in the company

Interview Question – no real technical questions, mostly just making sure you wanted the job   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – This was probably the worst interview process I have ever been on. It took 3 months. There was a major lack of communication between everyone. I had to get in touch with the company several times because they went weeks without contacting me. I probably had about 7 interviews. In the end they said I was not qualified enough for the position, which they could have told me in the beginning, it would have saved me a lot of time. I thought they handled the situation extremely poorly. They basically strung me along and I am so glad I learned this about the company. They offered me a different position but I chose to not take it simply based on how difficult they made this interview process.

I was really impressed with how nice and polite everyone was, they even thanked me for my business. I was actually quite interested in working for them, but not after the interview process.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a difficult team member   Answer Question

Lakeland, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in October 2010.

Interview Details – The women who interviewed me had worked their for 2 months and spent an hour telling me how amazing she was and how she was such an asset to geico, than asked me some questions. An hour later, she told me the position was not even available and they would contact me in the future if they saw anything open up that I would seem like a good fit for.

Interview Question – Why Geico?   Answer Question

Emergling Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was extremely extensive - beginning with a phone interview, followed by a recorded video interview, a personality/problem solving assessment, and finally an in-person all day interview. The field recruiters are extremely nice and professional. The recruiter conducted my phone interview and it was relaxed and efficient. The video interview was a bit strange since there's no actual human on the other end - the interview is simply being recorded for a panel to review at a later time. This made it odd because you were just talking to a reflection of yourself. The personality/problem solving assessment was fine and didn't take very long - although I'm unsure of the actual benefit the interviewer gains from it. Next the in-person interview was an all-day event consisting of one on one interviews, a test, and a luncheon.

Interview Question – GEICO uses age, location, and make and model of vehicle to assess insurance rates - which of these is the most important and give three reasons why.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I chose to decline this offer because of what was an apparent lack of communication between people and departments. Throughout the process my prospective salary was reduced from $60,000 to $50,000 and when communication broke down, rather than accepting responsibility or trying to clear things up, all of the people I spoke to blamed me for the problem and were extremely unprofessional and rude during interactions. I am happy I had this interaction before I accepted the position because if this is how I was treated during the interview process, I can't imagine what it's like to work there.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!