GEICO GEICO Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

3.1

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

When you're called in to interview and take a "computer skills assessment," be prepared. If you're used to working in a fast-paced call center, the computer skill test should be no problem. It's not so much a test of computer skill as it is data entry, memory and grace under pressure :) If you don't pass the computer skill test, you won't interview or be able to try again for 6 months. The interview after that is pretty standard. Nice people.

Interview Questions
  • After the interview, you may be asked to do some role playing by answering sales calls for a fictitious company. Nothing out of the ordinary if you're used to doing sales, but if you don't have a lot of experience you may want to call some companies to inquire about buying their products so you can listen to the responses and get some ideas.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

This was my first phone interview out of college so I didn't know what to expect but the interviewer was very polite and made me sound like I could be an important part of their company which gave me the confidence to keep pursuing the job as well as others.

Interview Questions
    • We're you ever late to your current job   View Answer

The hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in June 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call eight hours later, pretty much the second their offices opened. After a brief phone interview, I was asked to come in for a secondary interview. After the secondary interview, there was a computer assessment, role-play over the phone and a final interview. The hiring process is very rigorous, a lot of my colleagues have cited that they are impressed by our selectiveness for our sales associates.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you qualified for this position?   View Answer
    • Why do you deserve this opportunity?   View Answer
    Not applicable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO.

Short and not very sweet--the HR interviewer told me that she didn't think I would "fit in" @ GEICO--I had owned my own successful business for over 10 years--college grad, resume' showing success and leadership at another large corporation....maybe my age???...I am over 40...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in October 2013.

I applied online at the GEICO web site. Had a phone interview and a second follow-up in person interview. Had to take a typing test, reading comprehension test, personality test, and a one-on-one role play where you have to show your sales ability. This is nothing difficult. You have to submit to a drug and physical test. GEICO also checks your credit background and uses this as part of the hiring process. If you have had a prior bankruptcy there is no problem, however if you have been sent to collections and have very bad credit it can affect if you will get hired. GEICO also does a background check. Once you have cleared everything you are invited for orientation and then training, which consists of several weeks. Full benefits kick in on day 1, except that you will not be eligible to receive a profit sharing bonus on your first year. The Human Resources staff were all very friendly and welcoming. There is plenty of room for growth within the organization where you can move within departments in Sales, Customer Service, and Claims and even transfer to other regional offices in the U.S.

Interview Questions
    • If we were to contact your current employer, what would they say about you?   View Answer
    There is no room for negotiation in terms of salary. Depending on the position, the starting salary is already determined regardless of experience and educational background.

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

After brief phone interview, was invited to office for second interview. A group of about 10 at my time slot took the computer test which measured ability to multitask and WPM. If you passed the computer test you met with a hiring person who asked you questions. The hiring person didn't seem very interested in your answers and just typed them up into their computer. Not much interaction or follow up questions. I was told I would hear back after the hiring managers took a look at everyone's interview answers. Emailed about a week later with a rejection.

Interview Questions
    • Questions involving previous sales experience and dealing with clients.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in June 2013.

Interview takes place all in one day, If you do not get an offer before you leave then you did not get the job. The day consists of a personality test, computer skills test, 1st oral interview,2nd oral interview, phone sales role play,and final interview with HR manager.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation with salary. It is a take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in April 2013.

You will do phone interview first and then come in for face to face interview. At your first interview you will take skills test, if you have worked in call center and follow instructions it is easy. If you pass skills test you will then interview. If you pass interview you will roll play to see if you can sell, if you can sell you will move on. **NOTE** If they need to fill seats you will breeze through, I had people in my training class that wanted customer service but were talked into Sales (shady!). After interview and roll playing if you are a body or can sell they will have you interview with center manager, he will offer you job on the spot. If no job offer you loose return to GO!

Interview Questions
    Salary is take it or leave it, there are thousands of people unemployed waiting behind you that will accept bad hours and retail pay!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO in September 2012.

First interview is on the phone then you get scheduled for a face to face interview or atleast i thought. Actually when you get to the geico location you have to first take a 2 part assesment test on the computer. I past the first part but not the typing speed part

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in June 2012.

Well I applied first and received a call back to schedule a phone interview. They ask general questions as to why you'd be the right candidate and previous work experience. If you pass the phone interview you will go in to take the skills test for typing skill and quickness on the computer. If you pass that then they will invite you to another in person interview. During that one they ask more personal questions about why you want it and why you think you'll be suitable. You'll then pretend to be a sales person with management. They'll give you a fake company to review on paper and study it. Then you'll talk to them on another line and pretend to try and sell them this fake company presented to you the best you can. You've got 3 tries and after each one they'll ask you how you think you did. After that they'll let you sit with a person already employed with the position so you can get a feel of what you're going to be doing. After that they'll confirm you want the job and ask you If you'd like to join If they feel you're right for the position. Long process, but they choose who they really want.

Interview Questions
    • Long hiring process. They go into detail for hiring process and make you really explain yourself as to why you'd be good there.   Answer Question
    Very easy. Hawaii pay is great.