GEICO GEICO Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.3

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

1 phone and 2 in-person interviews. Role playing and computer skills test. They will e-mail you and schedule a phone interview to last 30-45 minutes. If you do well there you will get a call to come in. You will be given a computer/phone exercise. If you do not do well on this you are done. If you do ok you will interview with HR that same day. HR will do a phone role playing exercise, if you pass this you will be scheduled to come back and sit with an experienced agent and listen to them take calls for about an hour then you will be interview by one of the managers and if that goes well you will get an offer on the spot. Then you will go to the nurses office where they will take a hair sample for a drug test. If all is clean you will be called with in about 10 days and given a start date.

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of submitting application online then doing an assessment test, phone interview, completing a multitasking test, typing test, meeting with a hiring specialist, meeting with hiring management, more test etc. Basically, you are asked questions using the STAR method. If you do not know what that is then become familiar with it. Also, be aware that if for some reason the "hiring managers" are on the sales floor that means that you didn't get the job ;)

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you turned a difficult situation into a positive situation?   Answer Question

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

It started out by going through a computer test where they test your typing ability and your ability to multitask (simulated phone call and typing). Afterwards you go into the interview where they ask general questions about yourself and situation questions. From there you do role playing where they sit you in a room with a phone and make you sell them something. They usually give you a packet of information for you to read up on and sell them that product. Finally they'll pass you on to the sales manager if they think you are a good fit. This gives you an idea of what should happen.

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Horrible! This must have been the most ridiculous interview process that I have ever experienced. The typing test and computer email questions were way too excessive for a $30,000 a year call center job. They do not even give you enough time to review the instructions before testing. I should have listened to the reviews on Glassdoor before I accepted the interview....a complete waste of time.

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

Interview

When you're called in to interview and take a "computer skills assessment," be prepared. If you're used to working in a fast-paced call center, the computer skill test should be no problem. It's not so much a test of computer skill as it is data entry, memory and grace under pressure :) If you don't pass the computer skill test, you won't interview or be able to try again for 6 months. The interview after that is pretty standard. Nice people.

Interview Questions

• After the interview, you may be asked to do some role playing by answering sales calls for a fictitious company. Nothing out of the ordinary if you're used to doing sales, but if you don't have a lot of experience you may want to call some companies to inquire about buying their products so you can listen to the responses and get some ideas.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was overall very lengthy. The process was extremely time consuming and a little unorganized because I had to come back to the office several times because they were too busy to do everything in one day. The process does make me feel good about to the quality of the people being hired.

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

Interview

This was my first phone interview out of college so I didn't know what to expect but the interviewer was very polite and made me sound like I could be an important part of their company which gave me the confidence to keep pursuing the job as well as others.

Interview Questions

• We're you ever late to your current job   1 Answer

The hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call eight hours later, pretty much the second their offices opened. After a brief phone interview, I was asked to come in for a secondary interview. After the secondary interview, there was a computer assessment, role-play over the phone and a final interview. The hiring process is very rigorous, a lot of my colleagues have cited that they are impressed by our selectiveness for our sales associates.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer
    • Why do you deserve this opportunity?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not applicable

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Short and not very sweet--the HR interviewer told me that she didn't think I would "fit in" @ GEICO--I had owned my own successful business for over 10 years--college grad, resume' showing success and leadership at another large corporation....maybe my age???...I am over 40...

Interview Questions

• How do you prove age discrimination?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online at the GEICO web site. Had a phone interview and a second follow-up in person interview. Had to take a typing test, reading comprehension test, personality test, and a one-on-one role play where you have to show your sales ability. This is nothing difficult. You have to submit to a drug and physical test. GEICO also checks your credit background and uses this as part of the hiring process. If you have had a prior bankruptcy there is no problem, however if you have been sent to collections and have very bad credit it can affect if you will get hired. GEICO also does a background check. Once you have cleared everything you are invited for orientation and then training, which consists of several weeks. Full benefits kick in on day 1, except that you will not be eligible to receive a profit sharing bonus on your first year. The Human Resources staff were all very friendly and welcoming. There is plenty of room for growth within the organization where you can move within departments in Sales, Customer Service, and Claims and even transfer to other regional offices in the U.S.

Interview Questions

• If we were to contact your current employer, what would they say about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no room for negotiation in terms of salary. Depending on the position, the starting salary is already determined regardless of experience and educational background.