GEICO Insurance Sales Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Insurance Sales Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GEICO in October 2013.

After applying through CareerBuilder, I received an email from Geico asking me to call and confirm if I was interested. Received a call the next day, short interview where they lay out what they pay and hours are, they asked if I was interested, I said yes so they scheduled an assessment test, when I arrived there were other applicants who took tests at the same time. I was the only one asked to stay for an interview with hiring manager. She was super pleasant and informed me that if she didn't make eye contact it was only because she was writing everything down. After that I was asked to role play, you have approximately 15-20 minutes to read a detailed packet about the fictitious company and your aim is to sell the product. I was only able to close the sale one time out of 3 calls. Then you meet with the caller (who is a current employee and has experience in your area) You are asked what you could've done differently. At this point he said someone would get back to me, but from all of the other stories I have read, I believe this means I won't be offered the job. The key here is: Try to get all the sales, if that means you have to offer a smaller package/product compensation, close the sale!

Interview Questions
  • No real tricky questions, but be prepared for situation based questions.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO.

There was a computer test which I did very poorly on, yet still was further tested for personality and must have done alright. Then you were interviewed briefly. Then there was a phone sales test where people called in pretending to be interested in a service you were suppose to try to sell. They give you 15 minutes to study on the pretend company and their products and the caller is a employee reading a script. It was easy. Then I was taken up to the sales floor and shadowed a sales agent for several calls to see what it would be like. I then was interviewed by a lovely person who offered me a job and carefully went over expectations, salary, benefits and schedule choices with me. Immediately went to the nurse for hair snip drug test. Very efficient process with great people.

Interview Questions
    • The computer test was confusing and difficult but they kept saying before we took the test we would not do well on it and to not let it worry us.   View Answer
    They made a good offer immediately and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO in March 2011.

Participated in a 45 minute interview with a college recruiter on Friday. The very next Monday met at the regional office starting at 7:30 am and spent the day taking a battery of interviews, personality, typing, and telephone simulation test. As the day passed, many of the 30-40 people that were there at morning started to disappear. By end of day, there were about 7 people remaining. I returned for a face to face with the hiring mgr. and supervisor.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. Make sure that you do not accept the first offer presented.

Insurance Sales Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at GEICO in August 2008.

submit your resume and cover letter online, suitability phone interview, typing test, phone interview (dont take no for an answer) if applying in sales, and finally a face to face (if you made it as far with face to face your pretty much hired unless you decide to whip out your pecker or do something stupid

Interview Questions
    • the reason i am not going to hire you is.......(overcome the objection and ask when would you like me to start).   Answer Question
    no negotiations no degree starts at 28k, with an associates your at 30k, bs earns 35k.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!