GEICO Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in after the phone interview for computer multitasking test I passed. Then i did my interview with a member if a HR i passed. Then I did my role playing task and after that follow up questions. Then they said they will contact me in 2-3 days after a hiring board approves it. Does this mean I did not get it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did not agree with your supervisor or manager decision. What did you do?   2 Answers

Auto Damage Subrogation Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Applied online followed by a phone interview, then a computer test (extremely important to answer the information correctly and efficiently you'll never have enough time to complete the whole test... You will run out of time guaranteed so don't let that stress you out) once you complete your testing you will go in for an interview where you will do a scenario, read information and do a phone mock role play. Once you get through this and you pretty much have the job is just a matter of learning the position and making sure that it's exactly what you need as far as financially and hours. They will ask you if you're able to work weekends or some really crazy midnight to 4 AM shift. Your best bet is to say yes because once you actually go through training you'll be able to pick between a list of schedules to see what would better fit your needs. And if you do get a schedule that maybe doesn't work for you you only have to be in the position for a few months before you can apply for a new scredule. This company is amazing to work for! I have worked for the company for five years and I will continue to work for the company for a very long time. Most of the people in my department have been there 20 or more years so this is definitely a company that you can get settled into and retire from. They offer amazing health benefits 401(k) and as well furthering education. I love how Geico offers special classes that help you in your every day life whether it be learning how to interview, having a difficult conversations with family and friends, dealing with financial struggles or maybe just learning how to publicly speak. All these classes are offered during work time and they're paid hours worked to attend. Geico does a lot of promoting within the company so you really have the opportunity to grow and advance! And the best thing is if you start off in a position for service and then you decide that maybe you want to go to claims and then two years later you want to go into underwriting you're able to switch around within this company to really grow your knowledge, sometimes jobs can get stagnant, you want to be able to switch things up! This company will allow you to do that!

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions will be have you ever.... Or how do you deal with certain situations. They will ask you why you want to work for Geico!   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

TA I Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA).

Interview

Prepare yourself for a long day of testing and interviews but if you make it through you have a very good chance of getting a job! You will typically start with a phone interview then if you pass that you will go onto a computer test, another test and then a couple 1:1 or 1:2 interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website. I received an email with an invitation to come to the office for testing. I arrived to do the test. (Testing is done in groups about every 1.5 hrs) test has you pretend to be a representative for fictional supplemental insurance company, along with typing. It's a timed test which is set to overwhelm you. After the test our group was told it would take 15 mins to find the results, we all passed and were set with interviews with an HR. I had my appointment time changed several times due to overbooking. In my interview I was asked several behavior questions and personal career experience questions. Then there was a role play interview where you have 20 mins to learn as much possible for a tiger fictional insurance company. This time the HR left the room and called a phone where I had to complete 3 role play calls. I was then told the hiring manager he left for the day and would contact me with my final decision in days to come. The following day I got an email saying I was not selected to continue forward with the interview process. This could have been communicated with me in person verse having someone leave thinking it was solely to be determined by a person who did not even meet me. If continued you would sit with actual reps as shadowing and complete a drug test which is done by you hair.

Interview Questions

• What other companies have you applied at?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you received constructive criticism and how did you react?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had a customer that was frustrated, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview for about an hour, a few personality tests and problem solving, WPM tests which together result in at least an hour or more, Group Panel, Hiring Manager Interview. Very tough process

Interview Questions

• Why did you study (whatever you majored in)? How does that apply to this position? Describe previous leadership experience? Why GEICO? Where do you see yourself related to what you have studied in the next 5 years? Have you applied to other positions outside of this position with GEICO? How long do you plan on staying with this company if hired? We work 365 days a year. Are you able to work on all major days including holidays? In order to become a supervisor/manager you would have to complete a training that can sometime take 36 months. Is that going to be a problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

Long process, multiple tests. Took typing test, personality test, then was taken to back room where you did a mock customer call, one being a complaint call. Then you were taken upstairs to sit for 2 or more hours with someone in the position you're applying for. Finally, you have an interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

It was a long drawn ou process. The interview process starts with a phone interview with someone from HR and once you get through that then you go in for computer testing and a second in-person interview with someone from HR. If you pass the second interview, then you will moe on to the final stage which is being interviewed by a manger form the department you applied to .

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

The interview process is pretty long. The first part is a computer simulation to test your computer multitasking abilities and the second part is a mock phone call for customer service.

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very long. First, I had to fill out a personality assessment online which took about thirty minutes. Next, I had the option to select a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was very simple. They just outline job requirements, dress code, attendance expectations, etc. At the end of the phone interview, I was given an invitation to interview in person. If you interview in person plan on spending several hours there. The first thing I did is take a computer multitasking test and typing test, which is extremely easy if you follow the instructions. That portion lasted about 45 minutes. Next, I was invited back for an interview with HR, which took about another 45 minutes. They ask detailed questions about customer related situations, so be prepared to answer these. After that interview, I was taken back for a role play test that is tailored to whichever position you are applying for. They give you about thirty minutes to look through a set of papers and files and then start making mock phone calls. I think the most important part of this portion is to make sure to be sympathetic and understanding to upset customers, while also delivering accurate information. It is a bit stressful and I was surprised that I passed, to be honest. Next, I was called upstairs to shadow an employee and shortly after I was offered a position. The entire interview process took 6 hours. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Geico?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a customer was unsatisfied with the service they received and what you did to help them?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation with a customer that you solved?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about being on the phone all day with little breaks in between?   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Interview

Applied and got an email a day or so later. They did a quick phone interview to see if the job was what I thought it was. Then did a second more in depth phone interview asking about work history. Then they asked that I do an online test. That included reading paragraphs from a history textbook and answering questions. Then they had a timed test of that had you look at a bunch of blocks and figure which were touching each other. Pretty easy. Then i did an in person interview that mirrored the second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• In person interviewer asked how I would handle responding to an email, calling a customer and making an in person appointment all within fifteen minutes with the drive time to the in person appt taking twelve minutes.   Answer Question