GEICO Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.2

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Please review previous post for details regarding the interview process. It is definitely one of the more challenging interview processes I have been a part of. I will say, if you plan on applying for the position and do not read about the process, you are doing a great disservice to yourself.

Time frame took about 3-4 weeks:

1) 30 min. Phone Interview: General interview about interests in the position, previous experiences, background. Explained the training process, reviewed any questions or concerns.

2) Timed Comprehensive Test: I thought this was a pretty easy test. Logic and Analytical questions, as well as, spatial relations. Only weird part is they have you call and put the phone down with them on mute as they are "administering" the test.

3) 1 hour Phone Interview: Another phone interview with an HR recruiter more in depth and specific, STAR model questions and answers.

4) Face to Face Interview approx. 1 hour: it was nearly identical to the previous 1 Hour phone interview except it was with a Supervisor in the area I was applying for.

4.5) They had time to squeeze in the Role Play into this face to face interview approx 2 hr: Refer to previous comments for more details. Essentially, you're put into a room, CD plays reading to you the papers that you are given. Just read them and pull out sheets that have "essential" info to the role play. (Use common sense, there are a lot of papers but there are a few that have things like warranty timeframes and deductibles for the role play). Employees come in and call your cell phone to give you information and you have to fill out forms for about 4 claims that you are "working" and "inherited" from a co-worker on vacation. I believe the way you treat the "customers" is whats important. You will get an angry body shop worker thats upset with your estimate, just negotiate, and stay cool. Greet every person you speak with respectfully and "put them at ease". Pretend its the real job.

5) Final Face to Face 1 hour: This part may be unique to my interview, but upon completion of the Role Play, I was told by the supervisor I did a great job, and he wanted me to meet with one more person. The person was the District Manager. Had another face to face interview, very casual. Pretty conversational. DM was very honest, said he did really get to read my files yet, so did so while I was there. Went over my previous positions, goals, and ambitions with the company. After about 45 mins, he offered me the position on the spot. Negotiations took place, and I accepted.

6) Offer was contingent with a passing Drug test and Background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was done, based on previous insurance and claims related experience, I was able to negotiate a higher than entry salary.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

My advice to future candidates: Study growth rates and problems using compound interest and interest rates. Study the various insurance ratios. Thoroughly explain why you chose your answers. Refresh your memory on percentage problems and calculations. I made it up to the Excel assessment and was completely caught off-guard. I am still a student and wasn't completely set on my decisions to work for Geico, so I didn't put forth as much effort; rather did it for the interview experience. But if you want to work for Geico, the test is very important to them...

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied for this position received a personality test within a few Min. Received an email from one of the recruiters requesting to call to between a certain time for an over the phone interview. Went through work history, schedule information for the position and salary info. at the end I asked my questions and was told my resume would be forwarded on to a hiring manager and i should hear back within 2-3 days. I received an email stating I did not get the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What will you previous manager say about you reliability?   Answer Question

TA I Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

Computer test....Then Phone interview.....Then computer test at center....Then a face to face interview....Then Mock phone test in a office room with desk and they call you and you take calls from paper work after they give you 30 min to review and then they test how well you handle calls and give confident answers.....it can be wrong as long as your confident they mainly test to see how well you sound on the phone.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in after the phone interview for computer multitasking test I passed. Then i did my interview with a member if a HR i passed. Then I did my role playing task and after that follow up questions. Then they said they will contact me in 2-3 days after a hiring board approves it. Does this mean I did not get it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did not agree with your supervisor or manager decision. What did you do?   Answer Question

Asjuster Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

The process is very long several hours actually.
    You're placed in the room given an audio CD and book to read with instructions on how the interview will follow. For the next couple hours different people come in and role play with you and you were supposed to do everything that was instructed to you in the CD& book and want to test you to see how you react and if you can do the job.

TDP Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Asked a couple questions about OO programming and asked about what my passion was. Spent about 30 minutes on the phone and was offered the job right after. All in all not a bad interview

Interview Questions

Interview

phone interview.
    A call time was set up and scheduled on line. They asked standard questions. The whole thing only took about 20 minutes. It was easy if you prepare and talk like it is regular conversation.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you faced a difficult decision or situation and how you showed leadership   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY).

Interview

Applied online at geico.com. Got an email the following day to schedule my phone interview for the following Monday. Phone interview seems very rushed. A recruiter will ask you a series of questions about your resume and explain about the job and its benefits. If the recruiter feels like you are a good match they will set you up for in person testing for the position you applied for.

It's pretty much a test to see how you would do with using the computer systems if you are hired. I Passed the test and was asked to wait for the next HR manager to become available to interview me. When I finally got into the HR office, the manager also asked a series of questions. The HR manager spent about 15 minutes asking me questions that she read off of a computer screen. Questions were asking about how you would handle or have handled certain scenarios in the workplace. She will then record your answers. After she finished asking me all of the questions, I was told that she would submit it to what to me seemed like some imaginary hiring managers department for review. Instead of just letting me know that I wasn't right for the position.

Overall the interview process seems like a big test. The recruiters don't take the time to actually get to know you, but rather they ask you questions off of a computer screen making them sound like a bunch of robots. This is supposedly rated one of the best companies to work for, yet this is the best they could come up with as a hiring process? I'll take my degree somewhere else and work for a company that I know will actually value you as a person and not just look at you as some applicant. Actually glad I didn't get the position. Thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Long stupid questions that you're expected to come up with an answer to within a couple of seconds.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in April 2015.

Interview

The process was somewhat long, but worth it in the end. Expect to be there for a good 5-6 hours. First you do an assessment test, in which you basically have to listen to phone calls and read e-mails and type the information in. There's also a words per minute typing test, it's very simple, don't sweat it. After that you meet with a recruiter who asks you basic questions: why would you be a good fit? What can you provide for us here? Tell me about a time you had an angry customer how did you react? Nothing crazy, just be positive and end anything bad on a positive note. After that you wait for the manager of the customer service section to call you in, in which you Shadow a current employee and listen to live phone sessions and write down what you're experiencing, any questions you may have and if you think it'll be a good fit for you. After that another manager interviews you again and asks you more in-depth questions, that pertain to the job. When was a time you were given constructive feedback? Our systems are always changing, can you give me an example where you picked up on a drastic change? Make sure you have questions ready, ask about advancement, ask about peer support, etc. at the end of that they either offer you the job or further review your application. It was very straight-forward, overall a nice experience. I'm looking forward to starting on June 1st! Keep calm, you'll do great. Do some research on the company to show your interest it can definitely help.

Negotiation

None. I was happy with the initial offer.