GEICO Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

3.2

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Please review previous post for details regarding the interview process. It is definitely one of the more challenging interview processes I have been a part of. I will say, if you plan on applying for the position and do not read about the process, you are doing a great disservice to yourself.

Time frame took about 3-4 weeks:

1) 30 min. Phone Interview: General interview about interests in the position, previous experiences, background. Explained the training process, reviewed any questions or concerns.

2) Timed Comprehensive Test: I thought this was a pretty easy test. Logic and Analytical questions, as well as, spatial relations. Only weird part is they have you call and put the phone down with them on mute as they are "administering" the test.

3) 1 hour Phone Interview: Another phone interview with an HR recruiter more in depth and specific, STAR model questions and answers.

4) Face to Face Interview approx. 1 hour: it was nearly identical to the previous 1 Hour phone interview except it was with a Supervisor in the area I was applying for.

4.5) They had time to squeeze in the Role Play into this face to face interview approx 2 hr: Refer to previous comments for more details. Essentially, you're put into a room, CD plays reading to you the papers that you are given. Just read them and pull out sheets that have "essential" info to the role play. (Use common sense, there are a lot of papers but there are a few that have things like warranty timeframes and deductibles for the role play). Employees come in and call your cell phone to give you information and you have to fill out forms for about 4 claims that you are "working" and "inherited" from a co-worker on vacation. I believe the way you treat the "customers" is whats important. You will get an angry body shop worker thats upset with your estimate, just negotiate, and stay cool. Greet every person you speak with respectfully and "put them at ease". Pretend its the real job.

5) Final Face to Face 1 hour: This part may be unique to my interview, but upon completion of the Role Play, I was told by the supervisor I did a great job, and he wanted me to meet with one more person. The person was the District Manager. Had another face to face interview, very casual. Pretty conversational. DM was very honest, said he did really get to read my files yet, so did so while I was there. Went over my previous positions, goals, and ambitions with the company. After about 45 mins, he offered me the position on the spot. Negotiations took place, and I accepted.

6) Offer was contingent with a passing Drug test and Background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was done, based on previous insurance and claims related experience, I was able to negotiate a higher than entry salary.

TDP Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Asked a couple questions about OO programming and asked about what my passion was. Spent about 30 minutes on the phone and was offered the job right after. All in all not a bad interview

Supervisor Leadership Program Interview

Interview

phone interview.
    A call time was set up and scheduled on line. They asked standard questions. The whole thing only took about 20 minutes. It was easy if you prepare and talk like it is regular conversation.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you faced a difficult decision or situation and how you showed leadership   Answer Question

Asjuster Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

The process is very long several hours actually.
    You're placed in the room given an audio CD and book to read with instructions on how the interview will follow. For the next couple hours different people come in and role play with you and you were supposed to do everything that was instructed to you in the CD& book and want to test you to see how you react and if you can do the job.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY).

Interview

Applied online at geico.com. Got an email the following day to schedule my phone interview for the following Monday. Phone interview seems very rushed. A recruiter will ask you a series of questions about your resume and explain about the job and its benefits. If the recruiter feels like you are a good match they will set you up for in person testing for the position you applied for.

It's pretty much a test to see how you would do with using the computer systems if you are hired. I Passed the test and was asked to wait for the next HR manager to become available to interview me. When I finally got into the HR office, the manager also asked a series of questions. The HR manager spent about 15 minutes asking me questions that she read off of a computer screen. Questions were asking about how you would handle or have handled certain scenarios in the workplace. She will then record your answers. After she finished asking me all of the questions, I was told that she would submit it to what to me seemed like some imaginary hiring managers department for review. Instead of just letting me know that I wasn't right for the position.

Overall the interview process seems like a big test. The recruiters don't take the time to actually get to know you, but rather they ask you questions off of a computer screen making them sound like a bunch of robots. This is supposedly rated one of the best companies to work for, yet this is the best they could come up with as a hiring process? I'll take my degree somewhere else and work for a company that I know will actually value you as a person and not just look at you as some applicant. Actually glad I didn't get the position. Thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Long stupid questions that you're expected to come up with an answer to within a couple of seconds.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in after the phone interview for computer multitasking test I passed. Then i did my interview with a member if a HR i passed. Then I did my role playing task and after that follow up questions. Then they said they will contact me in 2-3 days after a hiring board approves it. Does this mean I did not get it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did not agree with your supervisor or manager decision. What did you do?   Answer Question

Title Processing Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Everything started of pretty smooth, I was nervous because the lady said they are going to be three interviews. But I did the computer assessment, pretty easy, if you know how to read and look for answers. Also, the typing was pretty easy. Well I passed that part. Went on to have our one on one interview. She ask a lot of behavioral questions like name a time where you had to go above and beyond for a customer, and why do you want to be with GEICO, well I pass that. Then I went on to the Mock call. pretty frustrating. They had a lot of information you had to read over in 25 mins. Then you have to answer the phone and make sure you know information about your packages because the phone calls will throw you off. Well, I came close to passing it. So I will be going back in 6 months and I will get better on my mock calls.

Interview Questions

• do you think you can handle this position? Why do you want to work here? Why GEICO? Name a time when you just couldn't satisfy a customer?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair here in Houston. I applied online, and interviewed the following week. I applied for a different position with Geico a year ago and did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember the exact questions. However, I do recall 95% of them being those that were posted on Glassdoor. Which helped me prepare for the interview. Have several examples, this is a behavioral type interview. Also will have to do a simulation. Be sure that during the simulation you take notes and also document things during the call.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Call process. Took an Hour instead of 30 minutes. Some of the questions seemed irrelevant. There are not 50 words to describe how simple the interview questions were. The interviewer was very young. Seemed surprised that I wanted a higher paying job and that I was the age I am.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working on weekends?   1 Answer

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Very poor, little face-to-face time. Initially was double booked with another applicant. Lots of time waiting in the lobby. More concerned with how you did on the computer test (which is for people answering phones by the way) instead of management qualifications.