GEICO

586 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Online app, phone interview, in office interview, computer test, manager interview. If you have passed computer test and offer to have manager interview you've gone pretty far. I'm not sure why the hiring process is so difficult, I would have expected more out of the job environment. A lot of people behind that door aren't professional.

Interview Question – Keep calm and be honest and yourself. You'll be fine, it's not as hard as they make it seem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask as many questions prior to accepting. It's a lot to PTO, and hours/days, Comp day and switching shifts is so confusing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

Interview Details – So I applied online, got a call the next business day. Basically you will have seven phases. Depending how well you do on each phase determines whether you go to the next.
I am copying and pasting from the email they sent me after I did the phone interview.

Phase 1: Telephone interview

Phase 2: Computer testing ( approx. 1 hour)

Phase 3: Face to face interview with Hiring Team Recruiter

Phase 4: Role-play (Simulation of the position you are applying for)
(1 hour)

Phase 5: Realistic Job Preview (Shadowing a representative within the department you are applying for and listening to live calls)
(1 hour)

Phase 6: Face to face Department Manager Interview (1 hour)

Phase 7: Pre-employment physical and background review (5-7 business days)

So I then went in for the test, five others were there. Four of us passed. The test consisted of two typing test. The test will be difficult for you if you are not extremely well oriented with basic call center systems. You have to learn as much as you can about their software in about 6 minutes than start listening to calls and reading emails and input the info.

You might have to do the one on one interview right after or they will schedule it another day. I went right after, was actually first.

The interview was some one on the hiring team. She really seemed unimportant and basically just asked me all the questions that the online application did.
I felt like she was just doing the interview to get some experience?
I am very well qualified for the job. Even though I did not get it.
I believe it is because I just was a little rusty during the interview. I really wanted the job because the pay is ver good. I felt rusty since I have not had a job in two years since we had a new addition to the family.
She asked really plain basic questions. Nothing at all difficult. Only difficult one was the whole unrealistic what would you do if blah blah blah.

They then tell you that you will receive an email letting you know if you go on to the next phase. I got the email three days later saying no. Then I received a call later that day telling me that there was no specific reason as to why I didn't get hired and they just decided to go with a different candidate. Also that they really want me to reapply in 6 months. I was really dumbfounded when she told me this. I just told her how confused I was because I am very well qualified and she said yes I know that's why we really encourage you to reapply.
So that's that. Very off.

Interview Questions

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Auto Damage Adjuster
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO in June 2014.

Interview Details – I'm still in the interview process, but thought I'd write about my experience so far before a decision is made. I noticed that reviews where an offer was made tend to be more positive. I applied online at geico.com and a day or two later I received an e-mail for phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. Young lady, friendly yet to the point. I was asked very general questions to ensure I understood the role. Once she was done I was invited to do a pre-employment test, but I could only do it on a desktop. When I confirmed that I own a laptop she told me it could only be desktop and once she sent the e-mail I had one hour to complete the test and was required to e-mail her once completed to confirm this was done within the hour. This was completely unexpected. I had less than an hour to get to the nearest public library and start the test. My nearest one was closed so I had to drive about 10 minutes to another. I was able to complete the test in the hour and let her know. The recruiter called me back and invited me to another phone interview. This interview was more in-depth and involved questions about my previous work and the Adjuster role. A few yes or no answers, but the usual "tell me a time when..." They wants of details and play-by-plays, especially on how you manage your time - and I mean specific. I got the sense when we finished that I didn't do so well.

Interview Question – For me, the most difficult/unexpected questions were those directly involving the role. For example, "You quote a car for 5 hours labor, but the body shop thinks it should be 9. Please explain in detail how you would respond to this." Or "Your supervisor wants to meet an average of 22 labor hours per month and you average 21, putting you in the middle. What would your response be?"   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – This company, by far, has the most aggravating application process I have ever witnessed to date. It doesn't matter if you have an adjuster license or experience working with automobile damage. If you cannot pass the role playing portion of their impossible hiring tactics, then you will not be offered the job.

1. Fill out an online application and complete an online assessment.
2. Receive a call from a recruiter to answer basic questions about your background and interests.
3. Take a reading comprehension and visual recognition test via the internet (timed and scored for accuracy) - (this is the counting blocks aspect) - If you pass this test, then you move onto step 4.
4. Have another phone interview with the recruiter (this time more personal) - Questions like "What would you do...?" and "Can you name a time when...?" theoretical and previous based experience questions that test your customer service skills, personality, and attributes
5. If you pass step 4, then the recruiter sets you up for the "Role Playing" situation at the nearest Auto Repair Express (ARX) location which is the most ridiculous situation (that really is designed to make you perform badly): I got to the location and one of the managers asked the other manager "What's his name?" after I just shook hands with him and told him my name 10 seconds prior. Right then and there, I felt completed disrespected and unappreciated to be there. [I drove 3 hours to get to the location and spent money for gas and a hotel room to be there]
At that point, you are to pretend you are an adjuster for an equipment company that handles at least 5 different types of situations from scheduling repairs to handing out checks:
     - First, the ten year old tape player they make you listen to is full of static and you can barely make out what the man is saying for the instructions (About 10 minutes of losing time trying to understand it, I just shut it off and read the papers for instructions)
     - Second, there are literally over 55 pages of information that they expect you to learn and remember within 30 MINUTES! A HALF AN HOUR! - Truly impossible for even the most highly educated. They expect you to be able to fill out forms A-F flawlessly just by memorization in 30 minutes.
     - The employees in charge of conducting the role play call you and walk in and out of your office acting like different clients who have different situations each time.
     - Again, there are so many papers they expect you to download like a machine that unless you've had prior experience working in claims or working at Geico, then it really is a joke.

Let me just mention that this is a TRAINEE position. TRAINEE again in all caps!
You cannot expect someone to do the role play if they have no experience dealing with the specified forms.
You wonder why so many Damage Adjuster Trainee positions are open and unfilled. They make the hiring process as difficult as possible for a job that starts out at under $40,000.

Geico, you desire for people to work for you, but you make the process unrealistic. Upon first-hand viewing of how the ARX managers act and perform, I almost walked out before the role playing even began. They do not want to see your degree or past experience you may have had in working with auto damage.

Interview Question – Your manager desires for you to have on average 22 labor hours, but you average 21. How would you respond to your manager?   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Management Development Program
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in June 2014.

Interview Details – Step 1: Phone screening
Was asked about school courses and a few questions about why I applied.

Step 2: Phone interview with recruiter and HR rep
Was asked behavior questions. "How would you handle this situation?"

Step 3: Testing and Role Play
I took 2 test that were multitasking and typing, then told I did well and was moving on to the next step.
Took 2 more test. One was behavior and other was some sort of problem solving.
Don't know if I did well on this part, because I took the test in Katy, TX and it was automatically sent to Seattle.

Step 4: Waiting and Shadowing:
I waited for a long time for someone to tell me what to do next. I shadowed an employee for an hour and asked questions.

Step 5: Role Play
You're given a manual with what you're supposed to do, but it doesn't have all the information you will need. I received 4 phone calls and 2 deliveries from my recruiter.

After all that I waited again for my recruiter to grade something. He came back and told me I'd hear from my recruiter, which I didn't until I called and was told I wasn't moving on in the process.

Interview Question – Role Play   Answer Question

Auto Insurance Agent Interview

Auto Insurance Agent
Poway, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Phone interview, Face to face, Role Play, phone role play, multitasking test, hair sample for drug test. If you can make it passed the face to face, the rest is fairly easy.

Interview Question – Repetition of questions. Checking for descrepincies   Answer Question

Geico Customer Service Representative Interview

Geico Customer Service Representative
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Online test which you will need to pass. then you will get a call. was done in 3 days and i got that call. then they take you to a skills test which takes about 2 hrs. simulated computer testing and get set on the phone. you do phone, email.

Interview Question – you take a test- simulating a insurance call scenario. mostly robotic, no logic involved   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Management Development Program
Nashville, TN

I interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details – The process took several steps. They were not too informative about how lengthy it would be. The first official interview was a a repair shop in an old room. I was given several paper test that were a least 15 years old. The last step was more of a simulation. I read the reviews on Glassdoor and though the applicants were over exaggerating about the difficulty and chaos. They were not.

Interview Question – I was disappointed in the entire process. The simulation began with a 30 minute video and a packet of about 30 pages that you are to read within the same 30 minutes (different info). The video was also about 15 years old. I was forewarned that the audio and quality were very poor. Then they two managers walk in and continuously role play with you. You are suppose to know what to do during the different situations (which was in the dated video and bulk of unread material. I applied my common sense to the scenarios and felt I did 'OK'. This process was the most nervewrecking, unorganized chaos ever. I was then told that the hiring manager would follow up within 2 days. Needless to say it was more like exactly a week. If this is what employees have to deal with in this company, I'm glad they chose someone else.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Poway, CA

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – 1st phone interview. week or so later.. testing in the office to see if you if you the aptitude to adjust and learn quickly and typing. if you pass; you go through simulated customer service routine of about 3 calls; pass that you go interview w/ HR person.. pass that ... you listen to calls for about an hour. then you interview w/ a depart Manager.. all that in one day. about 1 week late if you pass that.. final step drug testing (hair sample) inch wide.

Interview Question – Simple questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Where do I start... well first I should throw out there that they really only want fresh out of high school kids in there. Even if you have any experience in the insurance business, forget it. Anyways, I got an email saying that I need to schedule an over the phone interview. I was beyond excited honestly, I mean they do pay well. I did it, but the lady sounded like she did not like her job and was not outgoing at all. They want us to be outstanding yet their employees now can't be? Right. I scheduled an in person interview and went. I took a very mediocre test on the computer. I passed, and waited over 4 hours in a quiet building to talk to some guy who asked pretty unrelated questions like "tell me about a time you helped someone." Really? Well, the dumb questions went on and on and he advised me I had to come in for another interview to do a "phone simulation." Why not do it now? That was what I thought. I scheduled it and it was just a few days ago. I went in, and the VERY rude and judgmental girls in the front let me know that they will let him know I was there, then thought something was funny as I sat down and they looked at me and whispered to each other while staring. Well thats professional. I waited an hour and a very young lady, about 20 came and got me. I honestly thought she would be taking me to the man I previously interviewed with for I did get on good terms with. No. She explained that I had 25 minutes to review a large stack of ridiculous papers and learn about this fake business which was a reality. She stated after 25 minutes, she will deliver some papers and the phone will start to ring and thats when it starts. I put a timer on my phone when she walked out... she was back in 13 minutes which is when it started. 25 minutes my butt. Well, I wasn't sure exactly what they wanted so I filed the papers according to name. Then the phone rang, it was a simulation of a lady who I couldn't understand and kept saying "I dont understand " over and over to me. I didnt know what to do? I had 13 minutes to understand this unrelated material. I did my best, and I felt I did good for not knowing what the heck to do. Like I said, the standards were unrealistic for this. Do they really expect you to be perfect and know the situation when you have never done it before? A few phone calls came in and the lady came in with "deliveries." I did mess up but like I said, atleast I put in all of my customer service skills into it. Yes, I have a lot of experience for this job. They dont care. They want to take new people and mold them. Anyway after the dumb calls, she called and said the simulation was over. She asked why I wanted the job. How do you answer a question like that? "Why do you want to be a claims representative for us?" Well because I wanted to do it my whole life and it has been my calling. Just kidding. Because I need a job and this is where my experience is. After that, she came in to walk me out, and told me I will get a call for an interview with the manager by the end of the week. Well, I got an email today from them regretting to inform me that I didnt get the job, and I can try again in 6 months. Really? Don't worry, I wasnt going to take the job since they wanted to start me in 3 months and that I received a better job offer... but I would love to know why I didn't get hired. Maybe they will receive a call tomorrow during opening hours. :) All in all, don't waste your time. Especially if you live far, you will find out it nothing but a waste of gas.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!