GEICO

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.2

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Please review previous post for details regarding the interview process. It is definitely one of the more challenging interview processes I have been a part of. I will say, if you plan on applying for the position and do not read about the process, you are doing a great disservice to yourself.

Time frame took about 3-4 weeks:

1) 30 min. Phone Interview: General interview about interests in the position, previous experiences, background. Explained the training process, reviewed any questions or concerns.

2) Timed Comprehensive Test: I thought this was a pretty easy test. Logic and Analytical questions, as well as, spatial relations. Only weird part is they have you call and put the phone down with them on mute as they are "administering" the test.

3) 1 hour Phone Interview: Another phone interview with an HR recruiter more in depth and specific, STAR model questions and answers.

4) Face to Face Interview approx. 1 hour: it was nearly identical to the previous 1 Hour phone interview except it was with a Supervisor in the area I was applying for.

4.5) They had time to squeeze in the Role Play into this face to face interview approx 2 hr: Refer to previous comments for more details. Essentially, you're put into a room, CD plays reading to you the papers that you are given. Just read them and pull out sheets that have "essential" info to the role play. (Use common sense, there are a lot of papers but there are a few that have things like warranty timeframes and deductibles for the role play). Employees come in and call your cell phone to give you information and you have to fill out forms for about 4 claims that you are "working" and "inherited" from a co-worker on vacation. I believe the way you treat the "customers" is whats important. You will get an angry body shop worker thats upset with your estimate, just negotiate, and stay cool. Greet every person you speak with respectfully and "put them at ease". Pretend its the real job.

5) Final Face to Face 1 hour: This part may be unique to my interview, but upon completion of the Role Play, I was told by the supervisor I did a great job, and he wanted me to meet with one more person. The person was the District Manager. Had another face to face interview, very casual. Pretty conversational. DM was very honest, said he did really get to read my files yet, so did so while I was there. Went over my previous positions, goals, and ambitions with the company. After about 45 mins, he offered me the position on the spot. Negotiations took place, and I accepted.

6) Offer was contingent with a passing Drug test and Background check.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was done, based on previous insurance and claims related experience, I was able to negotiate a higher than entry salary.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

I applied online. Then I got a call to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I had to go in the office to do a computer test. I passed a test, so then I need to schedule for another phone Interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult customer you've had to deal with and what did you do?   Answer Question

PMa Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

I applied online,submited the resume, cover letter, then the HR contact me and request for official transcript copy, finished a questionaire, basiclly just some math questions, but it does have some insurance terms inside it, then if you are good, you will get a invite for phone, most behavior questions, then waiting for the onsite

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

There is no way anyone without insurance or automobile industry experience could pass the 4th stage of interviewing (roleplay). We all wonder why they have so many Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee positions vacant throughout the country all the time. Perhaps setting up a ridiculously unreasonably difficult recruiting process is the reason why. Reminder to GEICO: This is a "TRAINEE" position. The pay isn't even high. Yes they pay for all that training but how much is their expensive training worth if they presumably only hire people who have already been Adjusters? In other words, their expensive training dollars only go far if they hire people who are actually at the Trainee level.

Just to reiterate other posts, the 4th stage consists of lots of paperwork, some of which you won't even need. But it's there to throw you off. The instructions are so long and cumbersome, you forget them 5 minutes after reading them.

Emerging Leadership Development Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

I applied through linkedin next day got an email asked to fill out application, simple process, got a phone interview, all the glassdoor reviews were spot on, asked about leadership and why you wantedd to work at gieco. behavopral questions, was told that i would konw in the next couple of days if i got the job, i hope they get back to me soon

Technology Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GEICO.

Had a phone screen, then went on site for half a day. Everyone was very friendly, but the reimbursement process for travel and food was not very well organized. The recruiter said she would calculate how many miles I drove and reimburse me for that (never specified an amount) and then later send a check to my permanent address without notifying me. The check was only $30... and I drove over 100 miles....

Interview Questions
    • Met with the manager and discussed things on my resume and then branched out from there for about an hour. No real coding done.   Answer Question

Title Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Typing test first; if you pass the typing test, you get a one on one interview. These two steps took about two hours to complete. The typing was easy, you just have to pay attention. The typing test does not take a long time. Experience was okay.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to handle an upset customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Applied online and answer a personality test, the next day I got an email for the phone interview. The phone interview is easy, pretty much basic questions, and they explain salary and benefits, they will send you an email to set an hr and time for your next exam and interview. The computer exam is not difficult, you just need to be focus and pay attention to the instructions carefully, if you pass this you get a 1-1 interview with HR, once again basic questions about your job, I was then passed to the next level, but that day there were not managers available for interview. I got a call the next day to set an interview with the recruiting managers, I sat down with someone during his work shift for about 20 minutes then I had an interview with 3 hiring managers, everything went smoothly but I unfortunately I did not get an offer, they told me to wait for their call between 5 days. I guess I didn't make it.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Geico? Situational questions (tell me about a time you...), what was your more recent drawback at work/personal? Why did you chose Geico?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

First, I did a phone interview. This was very simple. covering questions like strengths and weaknesses, questions about your resume, why you want to work at GEICO, and what you know about the company. I passed that. The next step was the 2nd interview where you go into the office take a multitasking test. You should just concentrate on accuracy in this test. Next you take another kid of role playing computer based test. If you pass all of these tests, you are then called into the manager's office to have another face to face interview in which the managers gets very in-depth and you are asked many situational questions. After this I was told to wait a little while. Finally, the manager came out again and told me that he would forward my info to the head managers in HR and I would deb contacted for the next step in the interview process in 3-5 days. 5 days later I received an email that I would not go further in the process. I really didn't understand why. I felt that I had done great with everything.

Interview Questions
    • When did you have to deal with an issue at work and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Management Development Program, Sales/Cs Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GEICO.

Two phone and one face to face interview. Whole process took about 5 weeks. There could have been more interviews but I just didn't pass their tests. Seems like a good place to work at and people there seem happy. Just bring your "A" game to the interviews and assessments.

Interview Questions
    • What has prepared you for this position?   View Answer