GEICO Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in after the phone interview for computer multitasking test I passed. Then i did my interview with a member if a HR i passed. Then I did my role playing task and after that follow up questions. Then they said they will contact me in 2-3 days after a hiring board approves it. Does this mean I did not get it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did not agree with your supervisor or manager decision. What did you do?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

It was talked about like a much more strenuous process. I applied on their website, was contacted via email for a phone interview, and then during phone interview was told I qualified for a better paying position and the woman forwarded my application to that department instead of keeping me at entry level. After the phone interview, I was contacted to complete a computer based assessment at their office. Upon passing, a face-to-face interview was set up and spoke to a Supervisor, sat with an adjuster to get an idea of the job, and then a manager (all in one day). Was offered the job (contingent on me passing a drug test, which I did) and came back a few days later to do paperwork at HR.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a claims adjuster - and why would you be good at it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

There were 5 steps to the process. Application, phone interview, typing test, simulation and department interview. You have to pass each one to move on to the next. They are extremely interested in how you handle the phone simulation. It is a major factor in the decision to move people forward in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan to stay with the company?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Very laid back nothing to freak out about. Just be prepared to share why you would be the best leader. What would you bring to a team and the morale? Why should they pick you over anyone else?

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Getzville, NY).

Interview

Applied online then received an email about a day later to set up a phone interview. Set up my phone interview for 9 the next morning. Around 9:30 I got a call from geico from an 800 number. Phone interview was as basic as it can get. They ask you about your current situation and work history and tell you about the position you are applying for. It's essentially just a screening and if you check out. At the end of the phone interview I was asked when I'd be able to come in for a skills exam and a face to face interview. Set it up for the next day at noon. Promptly arrived at 11:30 and went into the front reception area where I was told to have a seat and fill out some waivers and look over my application. Around 12:30 myself and 2 other people were brought into another room that had 9 computer stations. We were told it was a skills exam and there were some practice activities first. Overall the testing wasn't that hard as long as you can process information at a good level and can type well. The test simulated a call center environment. I was told it would take an hour and a half but we were all done within 45 minutes. After the testing we were called into another room one by one. After waiting 15-20 minutes I was called back. The HR representative had my file and said that I had passed the examination and that she wanted to set up another face to face interview with another representative (I thought there would be an interview the same day?). I scheduled another interview for a week later. A week later I came in around 12 again and was promptly met by my interviewer about 5 minutes later. The face to face interview was pretty simple. There weren't any curveball questions. After the 10-15 minute process I was escorted to another room where I had to do a roll play activity. You sit at a desk with a packet of information and a phone. You have 20 minutes to learn the company information and then you will receive 3 phone calls and you have to deal with the customers. Typically they will go from easy to hard. The whole process took about an hour. At the end the interviewer came back and asked me how I thought I did and if I had the right training would I be able to do the job. She then said she would get back to me in 2-3 days. About a week later I got an email stating that they weren't interested. There were a ton of hoops to jump through for a job that I haven't heard great things about. I wouldn't think about going for this job if you don't have customer service experience. They're looking for seasoned veterans even at the entry level position.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

1. Submitted online application through website 2. Contacted by HR and filled out a questionnaire 3. Did a short analytical test in Excel with basic finance, insurance, business questions (about a 2 hour time limit from when you are emailed the file). There's nothing with complicated math but some insurance terminology can be foreign without experience. 3. Phone interview (~20 minutes). Standard, straightforward interview questions to gauge how interested you are in the company and how serious about being an actuary you are. 4. In-person interview (full day with about 4 different interviews covering different topics)

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in ten years? Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

You first complete a multi tasking test which is quite straightfoward and easy. Then you are taken to a room with a HR person who asks standard questions and then the roleplay. Make sure you use your time wisely and highlight any sales opportunity on each of your 'fake customers'. After this i waited 20mins for a supervisor to ask me questions...he was very arrogant and smug and did not seem to be a people person. He said i had to wait 5days to hear from a hiring manager but i doubt i will hear anything.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX).

Interview

First a recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. He seemed very interested in my skills and qualifications. Then I went to the office for an interview I went through a series of tests then had a 1 on 1 interview and then there were more tests.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Interview process is pretty extensive. They'll ask you basic behavioral questions. You'll have to go through a phone interview, then come into the office for more one on one interviews. take assessment test. Than do a RolePlay to test your skills. Then one more interview with the managers

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Why do you want to work as an auto adjuster?   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very long. First, I had to fill out a personality assessment online which took about thirty minutes. Next, I had the option to select a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was very simple. They just outline job requirements, dress code, attendance expectations, etc. At the end of the phone interview, I was given an invitation to interview in person. If you interview in person plan on spending several hours there. The first thing I did is take a computer multitasking test and typing test, which is extremely easy if you follow the instructions. That portion lasted about 45 minutes. Next, I was invited back for an interview with HR, which took about another 45 minutes. They ask detailed questions about customer related situations, so be prepared to answer these. After that interview, I was taken back for a role play test that is tailored to whichever position you are applying for. They give you about thirty minutes to look through a set of papers and files and then start making mock phone calls. I think the most important part of this portion is to make sure to be sympathetic and understanding to upset customers, while also delivering accurate information. It is a bit stressful and I was surprised that I passed, to be honest. Next, I was called upstairs to shadow an employee and shortly after I was offered a position. The entire interview process took 6 hours. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Geico?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a customer was unsatisfied with the service they received and what you did to help them?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation with a customer that you solved?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about being on the phone all day with little breaks in between?   Answer Question