GEICO Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

3.2

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Please review previous post for details regarding the interview process. It is definitely one of the more challenging interview processes I have been a part of. I will say, if you plan on applying for the position and do not read about the process, you are doing a great disservice to yourself.

Time frame took about 3-4 weeks:

1) 30 min. Phone Interview: General interview about interests in the position, previous experiences, background. Explained the training process, reviewed any questions or concerns.

2) Timed Comprehensive Test: I thought this was a pretty easy test. Logic and Analytical questions, as well as, spatial relations. Only weird part is they have you call and put the phone down with them on mute as they are "administering" the test.

3) 1 hour Phone Interview: Another phone interview with an HR recruiter more in depth and specific, STAR model questions and answers.

4) Face to Face Interview approx. 1 hour: it was nearly identical to the previous 1 Hour phone interview except it was with a Supervisor in the area I was applying for.

4.5) They had time to squeeze in the Role Play into this face to face interview approx 2 hr: Refer to previous comments for more details. Essentially, you're put into a room, CD plays reading to you the papers that you are given. Just read them and pull out sheets that have "essential" info to the role play. (Use common sense, there are a lot of papers but there are a few that have things like warranty timeframes and deductibles for the role play). Employees come in and call your cell phone to give you information and you have to fill out forms for about 4 claims that you are "working" and "inherited" from a co-worker on vacation. I believe the way you treat the "customers" is whats important. You will get an angry body shop worker thats upset with your estimate, just negotiate, and stay cool. Greet every person you speak with respectfully and "put them at ease". Pretend its the real job.

5) Final Face to Face 1 hour: This part may be unique to my interview, but upon completion of the Role Play, I was told by the supervisor I did a great job, and he wanted me to meet with one more person. The person was the District Manager. Had another face to face interview, very casual. Pretty conversational. DM was very honest, said he did really get to read my files yet, so did so while I was there. Went over my previous positions, goals, and ambitions with the company. After about 45 mins, he offered me the position on the spot. Negotiations took place, and I accepted.

6) Offer was contingent with a passing Drug test and Background check.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was done, based on previous insurance and claims related experience, I was able to negotiate a higher than entry salary.

Management Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

The interview process lasted approximately 6 hours. It consisted of 2 computer simulations - which were very easy and did not require a lot of mental stamina. I sat around a lot - waiting for the next set of instructions. I had two interviews that day with HR. The first one was with the HR personnel who gave me the initial phone interview. The interview was just to gain more information on what was on my resume. The second interview was with the Director of HR who wanted to know why I wanted to work for Geico. Stay focused on growing with Geico. Also, there is a simulation, which lasts for 30 minutes. It is not challenging if you are accustomed to multi-tasking. I did not find it fast pace nor difficult

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with employees who are complacent?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? How do you keep track of multiple work requirements   View Answer

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

They do hair tests, so if you do drugs, don't even attempt it. They put you through about 4-5 hours of interview (they don't even tell you that they are taking up half of your day if you are successful). It starts with skills test. You start with about 15 people in the room, after the 5 tests only myself and another guy were left, and he never made it through school. School is about 3 months and it prepares you for about 10% of your job. School is completely boring and you have to study!! You must maintain a B+ average or they will give you a plane ticket home and that is the end of your job.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you to do a role play. You must negotiate and be nice. If you smile be nice and are a tough negotiator, you will do fine. Oh, they also make you fill out a map of your (remember this is role play) busy day with distances, and they grade you on if you took the shortest distances or most economic drives to get to your destinations ALL WHILE DOING THE ROLE PLAY (testing your time management skills)   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for GEICO, what do you know about GEICO, tell me about a time you had a difficult customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO.

Impersonal, although it was only a phone screening, I had expected a little more inquiry about my experience. However, I do feel that Geico is a reputable company and they would probably be great to work for with their competitive benefits package...It would just be nice to have a little more of an opportunity to be able to provide my past work experience before I get sent to the chopping block so quickly...I just felt like the interviewer was reading off a script and he most likely was...

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how long I planned to work for Geico, which just seems like a ridiculous question. I understand the reasoning behind the question, but that is a very difficult question to answer when this is just an initial phone screening...   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GEICO.

It took about four months and four interviews one including an assessment which I passed with a good score according to the recruiter. I never heard back from them. If I was being interviewed and contacted so much I am not sure why I couldn't get at least an email saying I was not getting an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry customer?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

The interview process i went through did not go to far, i did really bad in the phone interview that i wasn't given a phone call in 3 days. But the process is fast after you applied online. You get a phone call the same day in order to schedule an interview.

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO.

Brief interview, basic questions, very nice guy. Walked in, shaked hands, some small talk and he went over a list of questions he had. I answered them one by one and I asked questions throughout the interview rather than at the end of it which allowed an easy flow throughout. Overall a really nice experience.

Insurance Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at GEICO.

Literally the hardest interview process I have ever had. Online survey, phone interview, typing test. hr Interview, phone role play and management interview. Drug test is hair sample. After that you wait and then they come back on the room with a decision. Total interview process was about 8 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Name one time that you gave incorrect information to a customer. What did you do and how did they respond.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GEICO.

After meeting a GEICO recruiter at a college career mixer and discussing my work history, I became interested in the claims Management Development Program. I was required to fill out an application online and I had to complete an online test that consisted of behavioral scenario questions. Two weeks later I completed the phone interview and I am scheduled for testing at the facility: not sure what that will entail. The phone interview felt like more of a formality as we talked at length in person, but we did discuss my work history further and the Program was explained to me in greater detail. I was asked about my availability and why I left each job on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in Claims?
      Give me an example of your leadership experience.

Answer Question

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO.

I received an email right after I submitted my resume, asking to schedule a phone interview for the following day. Of course anyone would be excited about that! The phone interview was quick and only lasted about 10-15 min.

Interview Questions
    • The HR interviewer asked a series of questions and explained the training process. She rushed through the questions very quickly. She didn't take the time to answer any of my question, but rather give me a short answer. I just felt rushed.   View Answer