GEICO Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

3.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in after the phone interview for computer multitasking test I passed. Then i did my interview with a member if a HR i passed. Then I did my role playing task and after that follow up questions. Then they said they will contact me in 2-3 days after a hiring board approves it. Does this mean I did not get it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did not agree with your supervisor or manager decision. What did you do?   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

Long process, multiple tests. Took typing test, personality test, then was taken to back room where you did a mock customer call, one being a complaint call. Then you were taken upstairs to sit for 2 or more hours with someone in the position you're applying for. Finally, you have an interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

It was a long drawn ou process. The interview process starts with a phone interview with someone from HR and once you get through that then you go in for computer testing and a second in-person interview with someone from HR. If you pass the second interview, then you will moe on to the final stage which is being interviewed by a manger form the department you applied to .

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

The interview process is pretty long. The first part is a computer simulation to test your computer multitasking abilities and the second part is a mock phone call for customer service.

Auto Damage Field Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

The interview process was very fast and efficient. The interviewers followed up promptly and were very knowledgeable. The process was fine but since I am a mother of three. I could not leave for a three week period.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Interview

Applied and got an email a day or so later. They did a quick phone interview to see if the job was what I thought it was. Then did a second more in depth phone interview asking about work history. Then they asked that I do an online test. That included reading paragraphs from a history textbook and answering questions. Then they had a timed test of that had you look at a bunch of blocks and figure which were touching each other. Pretty easy. Then i did an in person interview that mirrored the second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• In person interviewer asked how I would handle responding to an email, calling a customer and making an in person appointment all within fifteen minutes with the drive time to the in person appt taking twelve minutes.   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very long. First, I had to fill out a personality assessment online which took about thirty minutes. Next, I had the option to select a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was very simple. They just outline job requirements, dress code, attendance expectations, etc. At the end of the phone interview, I was given an invitation to interview in person. If you interview in person plan on spending several hours there. The first thing I did is take a computer multitasking test and typing test, which is extremely easy if you follow the instructions. That portion lasted about 45 minutes. Next, I was invited back for an interview with HR, which took about another 45 minutes. They ask detailed questions about customer related situations, so be prepared to answer these. After that interview, I was taken back for a role play test that is tailored to whichever position you are applying for. They give you about thirty minutes to look through a set of papers and files and then start making mock phone calls. I think the most important part of this portion is to make sure to be sympathetic and understanding to upset customers, while also delivering accurate information. It is a bit stressful and I was surprised that I passed, to be honest. Next, I was called upstairs to shadow an employee and shortly after I was offered a position. The entire interview process took 6 hours. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Geico?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a customer was unsatisfied with the service they received and what you did to help them?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation with a customer that you solved?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about being on the phone all day with little breaks in between?   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in August 2015.

Interview

Its a very long process which can be expensive and time consuming depending on the location which you applied for. Went through at least 10 different interviewers within a span of 2 days and have taken some exams, which are fairly easy (test how fast you can type and simulation of the job). I didn't hear back from them yet, but I hope I land the job.

Auto Damage Field Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

First step is a brief phone interview, just listen to what they say about the job and answer some availability questions. It is fairly straight forward. Second step is to go into Geico for computer testing. You will be tested on Reading Comprehension (high school level) and Spatial Analysis (basically you have to count boxes on a computer screen). With regard to these test, accuracy is more important than answering more question, you will be timed (you have less than 3 minute for each section so make sure you don't skip the tutorial). This step require focus. If you pass you will move on to step 3. Third step involves a face to face interview with the hiring staff at Geico, they will ask you S.T.A.R. type questions. Be prepared to answer questions and also prepare questions to ask them. Being prepared ahead of time will help you succeed here. If you pass you will move on to final step. Final step is a role play assessment. You will be given a packet of information which you have 30 minutes to read and remember. Then you will spend the next hour or two pretending you are an adjuster for a warranty company. You will be required to talk to clients and repair shops over the phone and in person, you will also be required to fill out some forms including claims, estimates, on site visit planner, etc. It is vital that you read the instruction carefully and follow its every instruction. If you go off script, you will not pass. The most important aspect of this last role play assessment is actually testing your temperament and ability to work under pressure. The fake clients and fake repair shop people (actors are Geico employees) will scream at you, make unreasonable demands and test you for how far you can be pushed. To pass, you need to do what's required (file claims, make estimates, negotiate repair, fill out the forms correctly, etc.). Keep smiling, be polite and never lose your temper. Frankly, I messed up by incorrectly filing the estimate and tried hard balling in a negotiation with the fake repair shop people. MY ADVICE: REMEMBER YOU ARE A GLORIFIED CUSTOMER SERVICE REP WHO HAPPENS TO HAVE AN ADJUSTER LICENSE, HAVING CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILL IS VERY IMPORTANT! Failing this step will result in a ban from reapplying for a year instead of the usual 6 month. To be honest, it's kind of harsh, be mentally prepared. If you pass the role play assessment, you will meet with hiring staff again and be offered the job. There is no negotiation with regard to pay, you start with 43K. Pass drug test and background check (including credit) and you are employed. After which you will be sent to Geico Training Program to learn and obtain your adjuster license (takes 3 months). You may be sent away from home for a month, depending on your location. Pre-School takes 1 month and is done at your local area. The actual School is in Mclean, VA (for east coast applicants), you will stay 1 month there, all expenses are paid for. The Post-School takes 1 month and is done at your local area again. After 3 months of learning and upon successfully obtaining the adjuster license, you will officially start your job as an on-site adjuster. After another 6 months to a year, you will be moved to adjust claims in the field. So, from application to actually starting your job will take 3-6 months minimum, during which you will be paid. You'll get a small raise once you become an official field adjuster. Keep in mind though, if you fail to maintain a 90% average during training or fail to obtain your license at the end, you will be dismissed and terminated.

Interview Questions

• Q: Your supervisor wants 22 hr average, and you managed 21 hr average, but you are actually in middle of the pack in terms performance, what will you do?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Initial communication was started by me when I applied online, after I applied online received email asking to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was basically verifying your application information and then asking some questions about yourself. Afterwards was asked what day and time would be okay for me to do my computer assessment. Computer assessment consists of multitasking and a typing test. Check out " Typingtest.com " for your own evaluation....If they ask you to schedule another day to come in and you receive a business card from the HR with the date and time. Congrats you moved onto the next step!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but Salary with the benefits is more then worth it to me.