GEICO Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

Long process, multiple tests. Took typing test, personality test, then was taken to back room where you did a mock customer call, one being a complaint call. Then you were taken upstairs to sit for 2 or more hours with someone in the position you're applying for. Finally, you have an interview with a hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Once you apply online they will email you to set up a live phone interview where you pick the day and hour they call you. Once you pass that they ask what day you want to come in for an interview. Its 5 hours long if you make it the whole process. First you take a computer test then if you pass you meet with a hiring associate who interviews you about work history and scenarios. They want to know how you handle with customers. Then you have to do fake calls for fake companies and you are customer service. Then they have you shadow someone on the floor and have you take notes because the next step is being interviewed by the hiring manager and they will ask you questions about it. They also ask more in depth about your plans and goals with the company. They want someone who is looking for a career with them and not just a job. All and all it was nerve wrecking but they want the right person. I personally thought i was doing well, but they kept mentioning that they are reviewing other applicants and will get back to me in a week. Im not stressing it because the hour they offered me was 130-12am which I'm not too excited about. The guy on the phone interview said it was 230-11pm idk how they made that mistake. Dont know if I would still accept them knowing that its a 10+ hour shift.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a customer that disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Very long. If they like you, they'll keep you moving along the chain of command. It took me 7 hours. They started off with a typing test, then a skills test, then role-play. After you got through all of that it you did a side by side with a customer service rep who was on live. If you were still interested you would then wrap it up with a supervisor. If the supervisor liked you, you had to come back for the drug test and they ran a background and a credit report also.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a response within a day or two from Geico's HR. They scheduled a call with one of their data scientists. The call was about 30 mins long and went well. They asked me to talk about my data science/analytics experience. They explained that the next step would be a take-home test working on a hypothetical prediction model. I was given 4 days to work on this model and submitted my code and the results. This is where things went awry. I followed up a week later and HR told confirmed that they had received my submission but wouldn't say if they were still reviewing it or if they had chosen to not move ahead with my candidacy. I thought I did well, but even if they're not interested in me I would've expected a proper response from an established company like Geico. After many weeks I still got nothing and just assumed they're not interested in me anymore.

Interview Questions

• Describe one data science experience you've worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

an 8th grader could have passed it, many of the questions wer on a elementary level and required a yes or no answer.the interviewer was unprofssional and i was dressed nicer than him.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

I had met the recruiter on campus at university and after submitting my application she contacted me for a standard phone interview. After, that interview a couple of days later I was called to come in and complete some testing. I took a typing test as well as a simple multi-tasking test and passed with ease. Then I had an in-person interview with the recruiter, after which I was given a hands on claim adjusting test where I was given a phone and claim files and had to answer questions from "callers" (it was the recruiter) about the claims. After this my scoring was done and I had passed everything. I was seated with a current claims adjuster for an hour while I spoke with them and listened in on some calls. A couple of days later I met with the manager of the department for an interview. The morning after that I received a call and was offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

Multi-step process. I applied online and within a week had a scheduled phone interview. This consisted of a few general questions but primarily focused on the duties and responsibilities of the position. They also outline the schedule for training to ensure there is no conflict (100% participation required), and give a brief summary of pay and benefits. From there, they decided to schedule the next phase in hiring process, to be completed at the GEICO office. I elected to There was a computer-based assessment (typing test and general personality based questions), a role-play scenario and a formal interview with a manager/hiring specialist. For the role play, they provide you with "information" on a fictitious company and allow you time to familiarize yourself with the services they provide.. It wasn't too much to take in, after about 10 minutes I was ready and the indvidual stepped outside and called into the room as a customer or potential customer. They allow you to keep the sheet and evaluate 3 of these "phone calls". As soon as I finished, I was interviewed one on one. There were general questions about why I wanted to work at GEICO, What made me a good fit for the position, what do I hope to achieve while working for GEICO (short-term and long-term goals). Overall, I'd say the process at the GEICO office lasted maybe 2 hours. Once the interview was conducted I was offered a position on the spot, and we did a recap of the position, salary, benefits, and the start date. They do conduct hair follicle drug testing and a thorough background check, but I honestly don't recall when I completed this portion.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to achieve working at GEICO?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

The interview process is pretty long. The first part is a computer simulation to test your computer multitasking abilities and the second part is a mock phone call for customer service.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview. A few days later I was contacted by the recruiter, and he reviewed my qualifications and suggested I apply for the Management Development Program. I agreed and was contacted by a different recruiter for another phone interview. She was great, very supportive and informed me starting pay for this position was $40,000. I was stoked! I had to schedule another appointment for online testing. On my scheduled day, I passed the online test and took a personality test. Afterward, they had to reschedule me to come back in , providing I passed the personality test, because my recruiter had an emergency. She called me later that day and told me I did not pass the personality test but I could still apply for the original position I posted for. I agreed. When I went back in, I waited 1 hour past my appointment time before they called me back for a face to face interview. I thought the interview went well, maybe not the best ever, but pretty good. However, I received an email few days later telling me they were not interested. I was disappointed in the lack of feedback, professionalism, and disregard of candidate's time.

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview, and it went well, I think. and I was invited to come to the office. Took a short computer test, where you are required to listen to the recordings while filling out the forms. Then it's a typing test, then it's another round of computer similation test. Then another typing test. You'd require to have about 50 wpm, I'd say. Then we were watching some advertising video about the company. After waiting for a bit I went to talk to an interviewer. After that she said that claims manager is not availability ble today, and they will contact me shortly. I got an email next day saying I'm not hired. I suspect that managers only hire people to whom they talked themselves. That guy probably looked through my resume, saw that my first language is Russian and though I will have an accent on the phone, even though I don't. But oh well.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time a customer was unsatisfied? How did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question