GEICO Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

3.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very in depth, including: a phone interview, multitasking test, one on one interview with HR, a few simulated customer calls, shadowing a representative and a final interview with management. Everyone was really sweet, it's an amazing opportunity and definitely worth the time and effort.

Interview Questions

• What responsibilities do you anticipate being difficult for you?   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line via the GEICO website on Wednesday evening. Received an email immediately saying my application was accepted. Received another email with a link to take a personality assessment test on-line. After completing the test, received another email saying I would receive a phone interview on Thursday at 9:45 AM.

The phone interview was very simple. The caller basically outlined the job description and the information on my application. Ended the call by extending an invitation to continue the process. Then received an email with an invitation to come to the GEICO Regional Office for further consideration.

My appointment was Monday at 9:30 AM. Arrived at 9 and was immediately taken to the testing center. There were 4 others taking the test. The test was a computer generated multi-tasking test. Apparently everyone passed, because one by one we were escorted upstairs for a one on one interview with someone in HR.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to apply with GEICO?   2 Answers
    • Why should you be hired over someone else who is applying?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time you were able to provide excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time a customer disagreed with you. How did it go, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time a supervisor disagreed with you. How did it go, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • There were some other questions concerning how you would handle difficult customers.   Answer Question

Auto Damage Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by email within a couple days. I was given an online test. It was a short test but it was timed. You were not expected to complete all the questions but my advice is to answer as many as you can, as quick as you can. Very simple test. After the test, I was informed by email that I passed. This was the same day. I was sent another email saying I had a phone interview scheduled. The interview was about my work experience and to get to know more about me. After that I was scheduled for a second phone interview. This interview was concerning my leadership experience. Just be very detail oriented about your work experience and you will do fine. A few hours later I received a phone call saying they wanted to move further with me and scheduled me for a role playing interview. This is where things went awry. The whole role-playing process was very challenging and the odds are stacked against you. They place you in a room that is a make believe office. You are given 35 minutes to read a stack of papers to read that explains your role in a fake company. It is a lot of information to take in. You are given specific instructions that you must follow. The desk table was very small and there was not enough room to be organized. I couldn't stack the papers in one stack because I needed several of the sheets to access through out the role play. You were expected to multi task, be organized, follow the directions given, and provide good customer service. You have to answer phone calls, handle walk ins, and pretend you are going into the field. Two guys came and pretended to be customers. Their first visit was normal. The second is when they were very rude. They will judge your reactions. I didn't react to their negativity and that possibly hurt me. I felt I did poor in the role play but I did my best considering the circumstances. Its difficult to do a job that you only had 30 minutes to prepare for. I think the role play should be done after you are hired. It should be used for training not for hiring. A panel interview would be so much better at seeing a candidates potential. The next day after the role play I received an email saying I was not accepted for the position. I expected to be rejected because the guy I met during the role play was very short and direct. He did give me a chance to give my feedback. I knew I he felt I didn't do well although he didn't say it. They send the email at the end of the business day so there is less chance of you calling them to get feedback. I'm grateful I didnt get selected because the interview process and the job wasn't worth the pay that was offered. I feel like it was a waste of time and I will not be applying in 6 months as the email suggested. If you have a high tolerance for unnecessary processes, then this will be a great fit for you. I don't have the patience level for their hiring process. It is prolonged and too drawn out. Good luck to anyone that will go through this process in the future.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
    • What makes you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you could not give a customer what they asked for and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • What will your prior manager say about your attendance?   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GEICO (Syracuse, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview: Supervisor & I sat down to discuss how my previous experience is applicable to being the right person for their open position. To get to this stage, there is a 15 minute phone interview and then a 20 minute online test. There is no job offer at this time as there is still a 2 - 3 hour hands-on assessment to take as well as a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with your boss and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Lengthy, testing is easy, Role play was the hardest part. Was told I'd hear back in 3-5 days. It's been over 2 weeks and haven't heard anything. A little disappointed in the lack of professionalism. Would have been much more courteous of them to let you know on the spot rather than playing games.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online..received an email the following day to schedule a phone interview. HR called on the scheduled day. He basically explained about the training and attendance requirement at GEICO.. And also the base pay.. Not so many questions asked..

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviewer seemed like she did not want to be on the phone. She made me feel uncomfortable. I was very engaged in the interview but felt like she wrote me off as soon as I said hello.

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

1 phone and 2 in-person interviews. Role playing and computer skills test. They will e-mail you and schedule a phone interview to last 30-45 minutes. If you do well there you will get a call to come in. You will be given a computer/phone exercise. If you do not do well on this you are done. If you do ok you will interview with HR that same day. HR will do a phone role playing exercise, if you pass this you will be scheduled to come back and sit with an experienced agent and listen to them take calls for about an hour then you will be interview by one of the managers and if that goes well you will get an offer on the spot. Then you will go to the nurses office where they will take a hair sample for a drug test. If all is clean you will be called with in about 10 days and given a start date.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying i took a test, which i didn't finish. Got a call the next day to set the phone interview. Phone interview was easy. Then submitted info for dmv check. Tomorrow is my face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna be an adjuster for Geico? How do you feel about handling irrate customers?   Answer Question

Entry Level .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied Online .They give quick response.and scheduled my telephonic interview with 3 to 4 panel around for 30 Mins.It was great experience.panel members were nice and I enjoyed my conversation with them.and after 1 hour I got call and they scheduled in person interview.