GEICO Interview Questions

3.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

Started with a phone interview, where they ask you basic questions. Once you make it past that, which is easy, you are scheduled to come in and do testing. My appointment was at 9:15. I and 2 other candidates sat for about a half hour before we were called in to do the computer simulated test (you can do terrible and still pass). A woman then told us we would be called for the interview within 30-45 minutes.

Over 3 HOURS later (and right before I was about to leave) I was called, and asked a set of standardized questions that were read off a screen. The answers they wanted were very specific but not too difficult. This company has absolutely no respect for people's time. If you want to get food you can but you aren't given an accurate time frame for when they will call you, so the safest thing to do is wait as the hours go by.

After I was called into a room and asked standardized questions by a gentleman unprofessionally dressed, I was asked to sit and wait for another couple of hours for a simulation. At that point I just left and went home as my time is too valuable with graduate school and other work to wait an entire day for a call center job.

Geico: Revise your hiring process! Just because the economy is poor doesn't mean you should have a total lack of respect for a prospective hire's time, regardless of the low pay.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult. They just want exact scenarios, which may be hard to give depending on your last job.   Answer Question

Auto Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

Applied 3weeks ago and just went true phone interview. Process take long time. Have to go thru phone interview, skill test, another phone interview, then (if you good) they'll have face to face and role playing interview. After that they'll give you an offer and if you accept, they put you true background check. So if you applied...At least 4 weeks waiting

Interview Questions
    • How you manage time and prioritize? They give you four tasks with driving calling emailing an filing claim. all in 15 min   View Answer

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

2 phone interviews were standard and easy. They want to verify you can communicate well and are looking into this for the right reasons.

You are required to take a Caliper personality assessment. Easy, just make sure your answers are consistent - they'll recommend a position that best fits your personality e.i. sales, customer service, claims.

Called in for a skill set assessment test - typing and multi-tasking test. MAKE SURE CAPS LOCK IS OFF prior to the typing test. The multi-tasking test requires you to simply organize incoming calls and/or emails into three different categories in a fake medical software program. Be patient and calm with it. Just remember ALWAYS submit the phonecall/email into the system, even if its not %100 completed prior to time running out.

Was told that I passed. Scheduled me for an interview for two weeks down the line. Granted the hiring date wasn't for another month at that point in time. Waiting for the interview day.

Interview Questions
    • SImply look/listen for key words during the multi-tasking test.   Answer Question
    Still waiting on formal interviews

Salvage Total Loss Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

The interview was very simple. If you passed the initial typing test, then you moved forward with the next step. Next step was an interview. Then the role playing stimulation. That's as far as I made it. I thought I did well on the role playing, however I my performance was affected by my nerves.

Inside Sales Interview

Online application with extensive psych eval[ the sort that makes you choose among only bad choices in every conceivable combination as opposed to the ones requiring you to be obsequious to the point of brown nose) if you pass they phone you. The person talks so fast you just say yes unless you have the temerity to ask them to speak reasonably. When you do you find your automatic yes agrees to really low salary, that you promise to have perfect attendance for 3 months and 97% thereafter on threat of dismissal if you don't and that you agree to work any damn time they feel like making you and start off by making everyone work a Saturday or Sunday. Then you go and take a typing/multitasking test. Again it's introduced by someone reading off a card so fast you cannot understand them. Although you are also holding one even just reading on your own is ineffective because you also have to keep an ear out in case they say anything not on the card and they do! The test gives you a few minutes to "learn and practice" a database system with 6 tabs, three data items on each tab, each one not listed but put into a sentence making recognizing them difficult. You can only get to certain tabs by going first through others. There's a submit button but since the same data appears on several tabs and is not filled when it appears after having filled it in on another tab it's unclear whether the data needs to be entered again, is remembered of if one was supposed to press the submit button on every page or on every record. Then you're bombarded with timed e-mails and phonecall recordings with the data scrambled. You have to try to fill in the data with no practice. Then there's a timed typing test. The test makes Lucy at the chocolate factory look like a walk in the park. When you flunk like I did, you are rejected like the bad egg on Willy Wanka.

The test is especially unfair to anyone with a lot of experience with cursors and fields that move differently, for example if you're already fast at typing a number you cant just type the area code you have to stop after the first digit and pick one of the choices rather than just typing it and moving on. Not only is that slower to a fast keypuncher, it breaks concentration from listening to the recording. It also tests only for a certain kind of learner flunking anyone who may be fast or become fast as needed but does not learn as the test intends.

All in all, the entire experience feels as if they are more interested in seeing how far you'll bend over and let them probe and thank them for the experience.

Geico Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at GEICO.

Basically if they say they are going to email or call you in 3 days and let you know something you didn't get it because GEICO does everything for their new hires in the same day they are full of poopie I made a simple mistake on the MOCK CALL and they said bye...but the thibg about it is that training is 3 WHOLE months and she basically said im not trainable. RUDE company I want to work there because of the pay and benefits until something else came along but I hear from current employees they are or your back and get on you about everything...maybe thats why the turn over rate is so high... even with all of this I would still apply because of the pay and the raise every yr. But this is a warning for new applicants the hardest part is the MOCK CALL.

Interview Questions
    • Can you see yourself working for us long term   View Answer

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I emailed the recruiter, then asked to apply online, next day was contacted by recruiter, took a straight forward aptitude test, passed the test, passed the driving record requirements, and today I am interviewing.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

I didn't complete the process. I received a job offer for the same position with a different carrier with a much higher starting pay.

Nonetheless, applied online. Got a generic email afterwards. Phone interview, then an online test I had to complete with 24 hours. Scheduled for an in-person interview at a hotel? Then if they liked me, I would have to come back to the hotel and take a 2-3 hour test. The hotel location was NOT near me at all and I'd have to miss two days at work...why not allow both on the same day? Also, why a hotel? That's just super weird to me. Sounds like I'm just #934 out of #4293 when they told me that.

I told them I received a job offer with higher pay. They told me the salary after the first year, still 1.2k less than my offer so I passed.

I've worked with alot of Geico inside adjusters and the AD training is very good. However, all Geico claims are overworked.

Auto Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

Multi-level interview. Consists of numerous tests and evaluations, such as a timed typing assessment (easy) which measures multi-tasking, a test that gauges how rule-oriented you are, and a simulation of upselling to a customer. Be prepared to mention every leadership opportunity you ever had and have anecdotes prepared for how you overcame adversity, changed another persons mind, or resolved a dilemma. Also be ready to advise that GEICO is your long-term goal.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a specific scenario where you received negative feedback and how it was utilized to better yourself.   Answer Question
    No opportunity to negotiate, but if you graduated with a four year degree, that is taken into consideration.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in August 2014.

Applied online, within a day I got a call to schedule a phone interview. The Phone interview were mainly just basic questions on your work history and some school questions. Very basic. Then we scheduled another interview for face to face with the recruiter, and some assessment tests. If you do fine on the test you will speak with the recruiter, the question are roughly the same as the phone but more in depth, be ready with examples on customer service that you've given in the past.

After all the initial interviews....yes, I know its a long process....but it will pay off. The next part you will meet two managers, they will ask you questions that the recruiter asked you. So if you can remember them after the initial interviews, try to make them better, short and to the point. Also some possible questions on leadership skills. Mainly questions about past leadership roles that you've had. Be careful...they will go in depth and need specific answers. So also brush up on your past leadership experiences. Then the Role-play part begins!!! 40 mins of you acting like a Rep. answering calls from employees that call you and see how empathetic you are and how much you can write down. Always answer with a smile, it will help. If you do well congrats, after another talk with the Manager you will get an offer. Hardest part is the Role-play. Be ready and Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • How you think you will do in a goal-oriented environment?   Answer Question
    no neg