GEICO

603 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – I applied to Geico online and heard back from someone a few days later. This was the first interview, about 15 minutes on the phone. They asked very generic questions about my resume and some about the job. At the end, I was told I "passed" and they wanted me to take some tests.

About 2 weeks later I went to an office and took two tests which took a total of 15 minutes. The first was pictures of blocks and you had to correctly guess how many were touching each one. The second was reading a paragraph and answering multiple choice questions. The tests are timed. After the tests the answers were collected and we were sent on our way.

I didn't hear back from them for about 2 weeks. I actually assumed I didn't get the job for some reason or another, but then I got a phone call from a different manager and they wanted to do a phone interview. This was a much longer and in depth interview that lasted about 2 hours. Your basic interview questions and info about the job. At the end of that interview I was told I had moved on to the NEXT step.

The 4th step was the dreaded "role play" interview. I went to a location and sat in a fake office. I was given 35 minutes to listen to a cd with instructions and read along with the cd as well as organize the paperwork on the desk. Then for the next 2 hours or so, 2 managers call you on the phone and walk in pretending to be customers in scenarios you have to handle. This was really difficult as you don't have much training as to what to do and they are specifically trying to throw you curve balls. There is no way to study or prepare for this part of the process, just try to relax and keep your cool, and give the best customer service you can while applying company policies.

Approximately a week later, I was called and told I had reached the FINAL step. I met with a manager and he asked me about my availability and if I would be willing to work more when needed, if I would be able to attend the training, ect. Then they offered me the job on the spot.

The interview process was very long and the role play part was brutal. If you can get to the role play part, and pass it, you're in.

Interview Question – The role play interview was like nothing I have encountered in the interview process before. They really try to trip you up and make you give bad service or fill out papers wrong.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They were right up front with the pay from the first interview.

PIP Examiner Interview

PIP Examiner

Interviewed at GEICO

Interview Details – First given a multi-tasking simulation test using a system designed to tax your multi-tasking skills. Wasn't really difficult. Pass that and you go onto a lengthy interview about your past experience. Overall, the people were pleasant .

Interview Question – How to handle a difficult customer? Not necessarily hard but one that I expect they want a specific answer.   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

Claims Service Representative
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Start off by sending your app, answering questions, all the basic sort of stuff. You get communication that says you can come in to do some tests. You get there and you take a test to see if you're eligible to work (scenario questions, memory, etc...). After that, you talk to an HR rep about the position. Then you go into an interview, followed by some role play and tests.

Interview Question – if something happens or you don't get it, you can't apply for another 6 months. As long as you aren't slow in the head, you should find the tests are pretty easy.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

TA2 Claims Adjuster Interview

TA2 Claims Adjuster
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Application
2. Phone Interview
3. In house testing
4. Interview with recruiter
5. Mock phone call
6. Meeting with manger of the department - probably the hardest part of it.
7. background/drug screening

Interview Question – Tell me why I should hire you? What about you makes you the best of the best?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No the salary is set depending on what level you enter, what city you live in for Claims Department.

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

GEICO Sales Representative

Interviewed at GEICO

Interview Details – This was my first phone interview out of college so I didn't know what to expect but the interviewer was very polite and made me sound like I could be an important part of their company which gave me the confidence to keep pursuing the job as well as others.

Interview Question – We're you ever late to your current job   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The hours

Auto Damage Trainee Interview

Auto Damage Trainee

I applied through other source and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Attempted to internally transfer from call center to Auto adjuster trainee in another state. The process was drawn out for 6 months. I went through all the interviews, role plays, ect and passed. The manager told me that even though I passed, he still thought I would fail out of the 3 month training school. After being jerked around for an additional month after my interview, I put my resignation in with the company and accepted an offer elsewhere.

Interview Question – The Role play was very hard. I was told the exact process and questions asked by co-workers that did it, and It was still hard. You can't prepare for it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Process to long, Manager unprofessional , received better offer from a company that was excited to hire me.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee
Woodbury, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details – About a week after applying online I got an email asking to call to set up an appointment for an phone interview. The interview was for a week from that date. Basically all they asked was if I was okay with all the job requirements. Examples are - Are you okay with traveling? Are you okay with working in dangerous area? Would you be willing to relocate? It's pretty obvious they want you to be okay with anything they throw at you, even though most are pretty unlikely.

After this they set up the next interview which is a computer type test. After filling out some paperwork -which was pretty redundant since they had my resume and online applicaton- they moved 4 of us to a room with computers. The test was half spacial recognition and half reading comprehension. The first half was reading paragraphs and answering simple questions about them. I found it easiest to read the question then read the paragraph for the answer. The other part is a picture with a bunch of rectangles. It's a 2D drawing but you have to imagine it in 3D. The questions ask how many other rectangles are touching the one they ask about. It's important to think about the back of the image because some may be touching in the back but you don't see it in the front. The whole thing is timed but its better to not finish than rush and get things wrong.

After you're done you sit back in the waiting area. The person administering the test came up and let us know we passed after about 10 minutes. She said that we'd be contacted about the next step in a few days after a driving record check. I ended up calling HR about a week later and asking about the next interview and the woman set it up during the call for the next week.

This interview was in the garage area. I was interviewed by one of the supervisors then did a roleplaying scenario. They let you listen to a tape and give you a transcript of the tape in front of you. I chose to read it since I read faster than the tape talked. You have to pretend you're an adjuster for a fake company and do things like negotiate prices over the phone and in person, write out checks and map out your route for a day. It's a bit hectic but as long as you keep things in organized piles it isn't too bad.

After this I was told I would hear from them in a few days about whether I passed or not. About a week later another manager called and asked me to come in for another interview. It was pretty much the same types of questions as the last one. Nothing tricky- why do you want to work for geico, what skills make you a good fit for this position, do you know what your responsibilities will be? I was offered a position at the end of the interview and after he filled out some paperwork he walked me to HR to fill out more paperwork and have my picture taken (so look good!) The woman who helped me gave me an employee handbook and a checklist of things to submit. I had to go for a drug test/physical. It is a hair test and the physical is literally them asking your height and weight, taking blood pressure readings and an eye test.

They give you the opportunity to request any time off that you may need off during the next 90 day period which is important because once you're hired you can't ask for time off for a while.

They also do a credit check and background check. They do a very thorough background check and hire a company to check your previous employers. If one is out of business they want W2s and if you don't have those you have to get tax receipts from the IRS. My hiring process is being held up because the company is claiming to have issues verification a previous employer but the employer hasn't even received a request.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. They were about what you'd expect for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Their salary is set.

Licensed Insurance Agent Interview

Licensed Insurance Agent
Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was lengthy and hard. There was phone Interview, 2 in person, interviews, and testing. Although a lengthy process, they are trying to find the best canidates. Good interview and personal skills are a must!

Interview Question – The most difiicult questions were reguarding how to balance efficiency and great customer service.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Liability Claims Representative
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GEICO in May 2013.

Interview Details – The interview wasn't a normal interview. The interviewer just talk more about the company, the position, what all is expected of me and how salary/commission works. It was a easy going interview. He asked me more about myself and what I could bring to the company, but mostly he just talked.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I knew that I wouldn't enjoy that job knowing I could make good money from it. I wanted a job in my career field and something I will enjoy.

Management Development Program Interview

Management Development Program
Buffalo, NY

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Contacted the day after I applied online. I had a lengthy phone interview and did on site testing that took a couple hours. I received an email about two weeks after saying that I did not receive an offer. I thought the interview went ok. I'm not really sure what they were looking for.

Interview Question – They asked me many behavioral questions. Nothing too unexpected. Just stuff about management and leading.   Answer Question