GEICO Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

3.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Typing test
    Waited to hear from rep
    Went into a room and we to we different work scenarios
    Work history
    Then did a role play with 3 separate phone calls
    Must persuade customer to purchase car wash special and be persistent don't take no for an answer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

First, they conduct a phone interview which should last anywhere between 10-20 minutes. If you get past that, they will invite you to take a computerized test designed to assess your "ability to multitask" and "computer skills". After that, you will interview with human resources where they will ask questions in regards to your work history, availability, how you deal with difficult situations, etc. If you say what they want to hear, you will get past this part and move on to the next phase of the hiring process which is the role play scenario. This role play portion of the hiring process consists of you completing a couple of tasks similar to the responsibilities of the position you apply for. They provide you with information regarding a fake insurance company and you receive phone calls from people pretending to be customers of this company. Here, you are being tested on your interactions with customers, multitasking ability, and interpersonal skills. Afterwards, you are asked questions in regards to your opinions of the exercise and you can expect to hear from them via e-mail or phone call in one or two business days regardless if you are selected to move on in this arduous process. If you are selected to move on, you will be expected to shadow someone who has the position you applied for and after that you will interview with the specific department you would be working for if you got the position. If they like you, then congratulations! If not, don't be upset about it. There are "plenty" of "job opportunities" at other companies. Hopefully, other companies won't force you into an absurd process like this. Good luck to anyone who reads this regardless if you are applying for Geico or another more worthy company.

Interview Questions

• Q: How did you overcome a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GEICO (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The lady who called me for the one and only interview was VERY RUDE and SHORT. She obviously didn't like her job very much. She didn't like that I had a list of questions to ask her.

Interview Questions

• We sometimes send our adjusters out to some dangerous and sketchy areas- Will this be okay with you?   1 Answer

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A recruiter emailed me a day later asking if I could forward them my transcripts from my undergrad and graduate programs. I then received an email to do a digital interview. It is basically a series of questions that you answer via webcam recording. It gets sent to hiring managers.

After this, I didn't hear anything for about three weeks, then the recruiter got back in touch and wanted to schedule two additional tests. They have to sit on the phone with you while you do the tests. I didn't find the tests to be difficult. The recruiter got my scores almost immediately, and I passed both of them.

We did a standard HR interview as soon as the tests were completed. It lasted nearly an hour, and involved very standard questions regarding past leadership experience, how you handle difficult situations, and what you think you're bringing to the table. This was on a Tuesday, and she told me she would forward everything to a hiring manager and I'd receive an answer by Friday. Come Friday, I hadn't heard anything, so I sent an email to the recruiter around 4pm saying thank you and asking for an update. I almost immediately received an email from the Geico jobs account saying that I was no longer being considered. The recruiter followed up with her own message. Unfortunately they will not tell you what knocked you out of the process.

Overall, I was not very impressed by the interview process. The digital interview was probably the most awkward thing I've ever had to do in a hiring process, and all the questions they asked were repeated in the HR interview. It was truly a useless step. The tests were interesting, and I could see how some people may find them difficult.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to wait potentially up to 5 years before being moved into an official management role?   Answer Question

Auto Damage Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO (Worcester, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The electronic application process required me to submit my age, and SSN. Subsequently, in the state of Massachusetts that is illegal. Furthermore, it is bias, and quite frankly an unethical business practice.

Interview Questions

• There were none, they did a credit background check without my authorization. There response was within 24 hours rejecting my application electronically.   1 Answer

Interview

I applied for this position received a personality test within a few Min. Received an email from one of the recruiters requesting to call to between a certain time for an over the phone interview. Went through work history, schedule information for the position and salary info. at the end I asked my questions and was told my resume would be forwarded on to a hiring manager and i should hear back within 2-3 days. I received an email stating I did not get the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What will you previous manager say about you reliability?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I submitted an application through a college recruiter and then also online. I got email no more than two days later requesting to setup a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly short but the interviewer was very nice. Try not to be too nervous and make sure you are somewhat prepared for the questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Basic phone interview questions: What are you doing? Why did you apply?...   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

This was my third time applying to Geico and finally made it past the role play. To me that was the hardest part just make sure to really tune yourself in, and you will do fine. I went in a few days later for my last interview and to sit wit a rep. I couldn't do everything In a day I picked a later time to come in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shirley, MA

Application

interviewed at GEICO (Shirley, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

First telephone interview was 10 minutes explaining briefly the training program. Essentially to make a decision whether to continue on with interviews and training or not. After that came skills testing. I believe the unfortunate beginning of prequalifying all applicants every step of the way to weed out any" weak links" began from the very beginning after my telephone interview. Every recruiter from Geico on LinkedIn had College recruiter next to their name. I am 54 yrs. of age and want to start a new career. I have a sense of bias to younger college age hires. I was not able to get in touch with anyone for about 1 week until I had to write to a recruiter on LinkedIn explaining my frustration and asked to help me contact someone to complete the interview process. (Note: I am 54 yrs of age ) After the skills test comes 2 separate face to face interviews then role plays on another occasion. After that the final step is to do a background check & driving record check prior to the 12 week training period in NJ and VA. This is a set up for failure in my opinion. What happens is you get paid training but if you don't pass the tests, you are done with training. The whole purpose to go through the former processes is to get to training. Why would they kick you out and have someone risk losing pay and job security after passing the previous testing and interviews. This program to me is a disadvantage to potential hires and should be changed to benefit the potential hires as well as give them incentives. They are selling the company on their paid training program with hotel and other amenities along with Geico's enticing benefits package and Geico car usage "IF" the job is offered. Way over rated in my opinion and ruins one's aspirations for becoming an Auto Damage Adjuster.

Interview Questions

• skills test was reading comprehension - multiple choice and a problem solving multiple choice. difficulty is medium - high range   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Went through a telephone interview and then the next day went in for testing. Completed and passed the test and then met with someone who was very adamant about providing quick answers most likely because it was a Friday. So the interview process felt rushed and I was ready to go after the first ten minutes.