GEICO

Relevance Date Difficulty

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Liability Claims Representative
Macon, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview:Applications question repeated
Testing- easy. You have to be really computer illiterate in order to fail
Face 2 Face-Nothing out of the ordinary.
Mock Call- hardest aspect. they say you dont need customer service but you do

Interview Question – Mock Call   Answer Question

Auto Damage Field Adjuster Interview

Auto Damage Field Adjuster

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – The interview process is very different than most jobs. You have to test, do a phone interview and then a job exercise. From the first interview to the job offer was less than three weeks. Once hired you have to submit a drug test, and a physical

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Their salary are set.

Auto Damage Management Development Program Interview

Auto Damage Management Development Program
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GEICO in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied in April 2014. Got an email from HR within same day. Asked to send all school transcripts and then complete an online test/assessment within 24 hours. Was called by recruiter to schedule phone interview. Interview was focused around:

1) The background/requirements of the position
2) Behavioral style questions

After interview, was told I would be contacted within a week regarding application.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details – This was a phone interview, and the lady I spoke to was very nice. I genuinely enjoyed talking to her. I had a question about a prior offense from a few years back, and she politely and candidly told me that it wouldn;'t affect my chances at getting the job at all.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was about my prior record, but I was reassured that it wouldn't count against me.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative III Interview

Customer Service Representative III
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GEICO in January 2010.

Interview Details – submitted my resume by fax and call the HR department 2 days later to see if the received my application. HR received it and set up an interview the next day. The next day I had 2 interviews with supervisors. I was asked to come back for a 3rd interview and an assessment. Need to pass an assessment and a background check.

Interview Question – all questions asked were standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straightforward, but it was rather long and drawn out. It has taken close to three weeks from the time I found the position advertisement until now, and I am still in the interview process. I started by submitting my resume along with the application and was then selected for a brief (20 minutes in my case) interview with one of the company recruiters. I was asked basic interview questions and none of them proved to be difficult. The interviewer was very polite and friendly, and that certainly helped to set me at ease.

Following that I had to take an online assessment test. This was broken into two parts - reading comprehension and spatial recognition/acuity. The recruiter informed me from the start that (1) it was unlikely I'd finish all of the questions on either part and that (2) it wasn't expected that I would, anyway. The reading comprehension test is exactly that: a test to see how well you understand what you have read. You have a multi-paragraph article to read, after which you are asked a small series of questions. You have a new article after about 2 to 3 questions, so in all you have 3 or 4 articles to read. This test timed out on me before I could answer the last 3 questions.

The spatial test has a series of Jenga-like blocks stacked in different configurations. 5 of the blocks in each stack are identified as either A,B,C,D or E. You have to look at the specified block and determine how many other blocks it is actually touching. This is really not a difficult test if you pay attention to the manner in which the other blocks are stacked. This test timed out on me before I could identify the 5 blocks in the final configuration.

I was informed that I passed the test and that the next step is a motor vehicle evaluation. Provided that I am able to prove I am not an insurance risk I will be scheduled for the final step in the interview process.

Interview Question – As of right now I have not been asked any difficult questions. Everything thus far has been very reasonable and expected. I gather that the difficult interview questions come with the final phase of the interview when you are scheduled for the 30 minute role-play event.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Tucson, AZ

Interviewed at GEICO

Interview Details – Hiring process is very extensive and demanding. The recruiting team is fairly nice however. Overall it is a 7 stage process and was very surprising to me personally, but I suppose that is what is asked of you when you are potentially going to get a well above average salary and benefits.

Interview Question – At one point I was asked why I left a certain job without having another lined up. It was for personal reasons, but was hard to explain, and get the interviewer to understand it. It was certainly a curveball.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Claims Adjuster Trainee

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – I was offered job after 3 interviews, the third being 3 hours long and including a role play. I didn't get the job because of my credit. I was upfront from the start but the recruiter said not to worry and that HR will talk with you and work it out if your credit isn't good. That doesn't happen! They didn't even call me, I called them after a week and they said they mailed me a "letter". Thanks for the waste of time and Gieco.

Interview Question – most difficult was the role play.   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in January 2014.

Interview Details – There were four steps to this interview. The first was a telephone interview, the next an examination where you just need to know basic problem solving, the third an in person interview, and finally the role play. Both interviews and the test were straight forward. The role play was very hard. You need to be good at multi tasking, and learning quickly. They give you the directions, and then for the next hour or so, you have to pretend to be an adjuster.

Interview Question – The questions were really straight forward   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in February 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out an application on another site. HR rep contacted me, asked me to fill out an application directly on their site. Another HR rep contacted me, asked me to complete 2 tests relating to intelligence and critical thinking. Completed both, HR told me they'd set up an interview with hiring manager, would email to confirm. Almost to the day of interview, HR never contacted me. I sent email asking for confirm, they said it was next day as specified. Interview went wierd, interviewer never introduced self, critiqued work in a brusk manner.

Interview Question – Not difficult or unexpected, but if you give them an example of past work, be prepared to talk about it as though you had just done the work.   Answer Question