GEICO

603 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Auto Damage Field Adjuster Interview

Auto Damage Field Adjuster

I applied in-person - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details – Just follow the instructions and you will be fine.....Dont over think it and take your time. Answer questions to the best of you ability. Dont give answers you think they want to hear. Be ready to give a lot of examples of situations you have had that will highlight your experience.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you   Answer Question

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in July 2011.

Interview Details – First was a phone interview. Then they will call you in for 2 more. I was there for 8 hours so be prepared. I was getting hungry and I didn't want to ask for a break. Bring a snack.

Interview Question – Why do you want to sell Insurance?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They said you will get X amount and then i said OK. I knew my selling skills would make up for the low starting rate. For this position there really isnt much room for negotiation.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Liability Claims Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details – The process is long. There is a typing test, and a test where you input information on to different screens. If you pass that part, you will be interviewed by an hr rep. If you pass that part, you'll move on to a role play exercise. The next step is shadowing an employee and then an interview with the hiring supervisor. If your offered the job, you will then take a drug test. Expect to be there for at least 5 hours if you're doing well.

Interview Question – It's a behavioral style interview. Tell me about a time...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, salary is set.

Management Development Program Interview

Management Development Program
Macon, GA

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted via phone and asked some general questions about my educational background and specific classes I had taken. I was asked to upload my transcript and cover letter to the GEICO career website. I was then contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. I spoke with the recruiter on the phone for about an hour and was happy with my experience. I was told that they would notify me if I would be moving on the hiring process with in a few days. I was then notified a few days later that I would not be moving forward. I believe that I was not chosen because I told the recruiter that I was most interested in auto damage and she said that they had plenty of employees in auto damage. The job ad was for MDP in Claims. I told them that claims was my second choice.

Interview Question – They ask about which business segment you are most interested in. Make sure to have a first and second choice. Also be able to explain why you are interested in that business segment.   Answer Question

Supervisor Leadership Program Interview

Supervisor Leadership Program

Interviewed at GEICO

Interview Details – waste of time, I don't understand why they even had me go through that whole process when they already had the girl picked out. Most of the people there had no clue what was going on. sat in on some calls and sat in front of panal of three.

Interview Question – leadership questions   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Insurance Sales Agent
Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in December 2012.

Interview Details – Overall process took about a month. First fill out the online portion, do the test over the internet. After that, you will be called to come in for a screening. Computer skills are required (they test WPM, ability to multitask, etc.) and if you pass that, you will do a interview with an HR recruiter which may involve a role-playing scenario.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at GEICO?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the ball is in their court from day one.

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Farmingdale, NY

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO in March 2013.

Interview Details – I received a phone interview which lasted over an hour. I had several e-mail correspondences prior to the phone interview. They requested references, a copy of my college transcript and resume.

Interview Question – For every question they were asking me to be more specific, to a point beyond what I felt was appropriate. i spoke to a friend who had a similar experience during a GEICO in-person interview. Reflecting on this I think it was a test of patience.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Online application, phone interview, face to face interview that consists of a multitalking/typing test, personality assessment, face to face interview, sales role play, job shadow with a sales rep and another interview with a sales manager.

Interview Question – Explain a specific time that (insert something here)   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Claims Examiner
Woodbury, NY

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO in April 2014.

Interview Details – First I filled out the application online, and then I got an email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was easy and straightforward. Mostly, you're asked about yourself and your past experiences and then you're filled in about the position. During the in person interview, you sit in a waiting area where they play a 60 second Geico promotional video over and over again until it's stuck in your head. Then you sit down with the interviewer and he asks you generic questions, to which he types out your response word for word as you're talking. The interviewer is very robotic and talks like he's reading from a script. The interview feels very awkward, and sometimes they ask questions that don't really apply to you so you have to make up stuff.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation where you had to persuade someone to do something they didn't want to do. Nothing overly difficult, but some of the questions didn't really apply to my past experience, so you felt pressure to make up something. Also, it was weird having someone type out your every word.   Answer Question

Poway, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details – They first call you and give you a phone interview that asks you about generals and asks you a situational question. They then ask you why you would think you are eligible for a job with them. They give you specifics about the position and then If you pass the first part they'll schedule a in person interview.

The second part includes a computer test that puts you in a simulated sales position including several different situations where people call you and you get emails. You also get a Typing test. If you pass this part (which takes about an hour) they'll interview you in person for about 30 minutes. Ask you specific questions about previous jobs.

The third part is role playing. They give you information on a fake company and then you have to receive calls and try to sell. This is by far the most difficult part since they throw you everything.

After that they'll email you with the result.

Interview Question – Role playing is by far the most difficult part.   Answer Question