GEICO Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014

3.2

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in August 2014.

A recruiter calls and describes the position, salary, training dates and times, and asks why you want to work at Geico. The next step is to do a very easy typing test and role play, via computer and after that, an interview with a manager. The manager just reads questions off papers and it really didn't feel like an interview at all. You can't even follow up with the person who interviewed you and you're just told that a manager will call you within five days. Instead, you receive an e-mail stating that you didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you received constructive criticism.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in August 2014.

The interview process is long and tedious. If you make it to the end, plan on being there for about 5-6 hours. First there is the phone interview that is really basic. Then there is the computer test, which is basically gauging how well you handle stress and how well you multi-task and type. Then you have the f2f interview with the initial interviewer, do your research on the company and the position you are applying for so you can cater you answers to their needs. They will basically ask you the usual questions, i.e. "Why did you chose Geico?" "Why this position?" "How long could you see yourself working here?" etc. Then they have you do a role playing test, which tests out how well you can sell a product and how good your people skills are. If you make it past all of this, they will have you shadow someone-which you need to pay attention, because they will ask you about what you heard. The last step is having the f2f interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions just over prepare and practice your answers and be happy and jovial and relaxed when you go in.   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GEICO in August 2014.

Very long process be prepared to be up there for about 3-5 hours each time you have to come back for the next step.

1. Applied online
    2. Took personality test right after submitting application
    -Received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview
    3. Phone interview
    -During phone interview I was invited to come in for a face to face interview
    4. Multi-tasking & typing test
    5. Face to face interview (a lot of behavioral questions)
    6. Mock call test (they give you stack of papers that you must become familiar with within 20 mins, you will take about 3-5 different scenario calls and will have to give the proper information as well as fill out the proper documents needed.)
    7. Quick follow up interview questions
    ** if you've made it this far you most likely got the job**
    8. Shadow
    9. Final interview with hiring manager (Offer presented on the spot)

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, they tell you during the phone interview how much the position pays.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Phone call then schedule to come in then ridiculous test that doesn't make sense at all, if you fail one of the test, you are asked to leave.

Even though the description reads Trainee, only high school diploma and no experience, it's all BS. I don't even know why the bother posting if they aren't going to hire any qualifying people base on experience.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

This company, by far, has the most aggravating application process I have ever witnessed to date. It doesn't matter if you have an adjuster license or experience working with automobile damage. If you cannot pass the role playing portion of their impossible hiring tactics, then you will not be offered the job.

1. Fill out an online application and complete an online assessment.
    2. Receive a call from a recruiter to answer basic questions about your background and interests.
    3. Take a reading comprehension and visual recognition test via the internet (timed and scored for accuracy) - (this is the counting blocks aspect) - If you pass this test, then you move onto step 4.
    4. Have another phone interview with the recruiter (this time more personal) - Questions like "What would you do...?" and "Can you name a time when...?" theoretical and previous based experience questions that test your customer service skills, personality, and attributes
    5. If you pass step 4, then the recruiter sets you up for the "Role Playing" situation at the nearest Auto Repair Express (ARX) location which is the most ridiculous situation (that really is designed to make you perform badly): I got to the location and one of the managers asked the other manager "What's his name?" after I just shook hands with him and told him my name 10 seconds prior. Right then and there, I felt completed disrespected and unappreciated to be there. [I drove 3 hours to get to the location and spent money for gas and a hotel room to be there]
    At that point, you are to pretend you are an adjuster for an equipment company that handles at least 5 different types of situations from scheduling repairs to handing out checks:
         - First, the ten year old tape player they make you listen to is full of static and you can barely make out what the man is saying for the instructions (About 10 minutes of losing time trying to understand it, I just shut it off and read the papers for instructions)
         - Second, there are literally over 55 pages of information that they expect you to learn and remember within 30 MINUTES! A HALF AN HOUR! - Truly impossible for even the most highly educated. They expect you to be able to fill out forms A-F flawlessly just by memorization in 30 minutes.
         - The employees in charge of conducting the role play call you and walk in and out of your office acting like different clients who have different situations each time.
         - Again, there are so many papers they expect you to download like a machine that unless you've had prior experience working in claims or working at Geico, then it really is a joke.

Let me just mention that this is a TRAINEE position. TRAINEE again in all caps!
    You cannot expect someone to do the role play if they have no experience dealing with the specified forms.
    You wonder why so many Damage Adjuster Trainee positions are open and unfilled. They make the hiring process as difficult as possible for a job that starts out at under $40,000.

Geico, you desire for people to work for you, but you make the process unrealistic. Upon first-hand viewing of how the ARX managers act and perform, I almost walked out before the role playing even began. They do not want to see your degree or past experience you may have had in working with auto damage.

Interview Questions
    • Your manager desires for you to have on average 22 labor hours, but you average 21. How would you respond to your manager?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

Online app, phone interview, in office interview, computer test, manager interview. If you have passed computer test and offer to have manager interview you've gone pretty far. I'm not sure why the hiring process is so difficult, I would have expected more out of the job environment. A lot of people behind that door aren't professional.

Interview Questions
    • Keep calm and be honest and yourself. You'll be fine, it's not as hard as they make it seem.   Answer Question
    Ask as many questions prior to accepting. It's a lot to PTO, and hours/days, Comp day and switching shifts is so confusing.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GEICO.

I applied to Geico online and heard back from someone a few days later. This was the first interview, about 15 minutes on the phone. They asked very generic questions about my resume and some about the job. At the end, I was told I "passed" and they wanted me to take some tests.

About 2 weeks later I went to an office and took two tests which took a total of 15 minutes. The first was pictures of blocks and you had to correctly guess how many were touching each one. The second was reading a paragraph and answering multiple choice questions. The tests are timed. After the tests the answers were collected and we were sent on our way.

I didn't hear back from them for about 2 weeks. I actually assumed I didn't get the job for some reason or another, but then I got a phone call from a different manager and they wanted to do a phone interview. This was a much longer and in depth interview that lasted about 2 hours. Your basic interview questions and info about the job. At the end of that interview I was told I had moved on to the NEXT step.

The 4th step was the dreaded "role play" interview. I went to a location and sat in a fake office. I was given 35 minutes to listen to a cd with instructions and read along with the cd as well as organize the paperwork on the desk. Then for the next 2 hours or so, 2 managers call you on the phone and walk in pretending to be customers in scenarios you have to handle. This was really difficult as you don't have much training as to what to do and they are specifically trying to throw you curve balls. There is no way to study or prepare for this part of the process, just try to relax and keep your cool, and give the best customer service you can while applying company policies.

Approximately a week later, I was called and told I had reached the FINAL step. I met with a manager and he asked me about my availability and if I would be willing to work more when needed, if I would be able to attend the training, ect. Then they offered me the job on the spot.

The interview process was very long and the role play part was brutal. If you can get to the role play part, and pass it, you're in.

Interview Questions
    • The role play interview was like nothing I have encountered in the interview process before. They really try to trip you up and make you give bad service or fill out papers wrong.   View Answer
    No negotiation. They were right up front with the pay from the first interview.

Auto Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Phone interview, Face to face, Role Play, phone role play, multitasking test, hair sample for drug test. If you can make it passed the face to face, the rest is fairly easy.

Geico Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source – interviewed at GEICO.

Online test which you will need to pass. then you will get a call. was done in 3 days and i got that call. then they take you to a skills test which takes about 2 hrs. simulated computer testing and get set on the phone. you do phone, email.

Interview Questions
    • you take a test- simulating a insurance call scenario. mostly robotic, no logic involved   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

1st phone interview. week or so later.. testing in the office to see if you if you the aptitude to adjust and learn quickly and typing. if you pass; you go through simulated customer service routine of about 3 calls; pass that you go interview w/ HR person.. pass that ... you listen to calls for about an hour. then you interview w/ a depart Manager.. all that in one day. about 1 week late if you pass that.. final step drug testing (hair sample) inch wide.

No negotiation