GEICO Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
609 interviews

3.2

Auto Damage Trainee Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at GEICO.

Attempted to internally transfer from call center to Auto adjuster trainee in another state. The process was drawn out for 6 months. I went through all the interviews, role plays, ect and passed. The manager told me that even though I passed, he still thought I would fail out of the 3 month training school. After being jerked around for an additional month after my interview, I put my resignation in with the company and accepted an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • The Role play was very hard. I was told the exact process and questions asked by co-workers that did it, and It was still hard. You can't prepare for it.   Answer Question

Process to long, Manager unprofessional , received better offer from a company that was excited to hire me.

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

This was my first phone interview out of college so I didn't know what to expect but the interviewer was very polite and made me sound like I could be an important part of their company which gave me the confidence to keep pursuing the job as well as others.

Interview Questions
    • We're you ever late to your current job   View Answer

The hours

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

About a week after applying online I got an email asking to call to set up an appointment for an phone interview. The interview was for a week from that date. Basically all they asked was if I was okay with all the job requirements. Examples are - Are you okay with traveling? Are you okay with working in dangerous area? Would you be willing to relocate? It's pretty obvious they want you to be okay with anything they throw at you, even though most are pretty unlikely.

After this they set up the next interview which is a computer type test. After filling out some paperwork -which was pretty redundant since they had my resume and online applicaton- they moved 4 of us to a room with computers. The test was half spacial recognition and half reading comprehension. The first half was reading paragraphs and answering simple questions about them. I found it easiest to read the question then read the paragraph for the answer. The other part is a picture with a bunch of rectangles. It's a 2D drawing but you have to imagine it in 3D. The questions ask how many other rectangles are touching the one they ask about. It's important to think about the back of the image because some may be touching in the back but you don't see it in the front. The whole thing is timed but its better to not finish than rush and get things wrong.

After you're done you sit back in the waiting area. The person administering the test came up and let us know we passed after about 10 minutes. She said that we'd be contacted about the next step in a few days after a driving record check. I ended up calling HR about a week later and asking about the next interview and the woman set it up during the call for the next week.

This interview was in the garage area. I was interviewed by one of the supervisors then did a roleplaying scenario. They let you listen to a tape and give you a transcript of the tape in front of you. I chose to read it since I read faster than the tape talked. You have to pretend you're an adjuster for a fake company and do things like negotiate prices over the phone and in person, write out checks and map out your route for a day. It's a bit hectic but as long as you keep things in organized piles it isn't too bad.

After this I was told I would hear from them in a few days about whether I passed or not. About a week later another manager called and asked me to come in for another interview. It was pretty much the same types of questions as the last one. Nothing tricky- why do you want to work for geico, what skills make you a good fit for this position, do you know what your responsibilities will be? I was offered a position at the end of the interview and after he filled out some paperwork he walked me to HR to fill out more paperwork and have my picture taken (so look good!) The woman who helped me gave me an employee handbook and a checklist of things to submit. I had to go for a drug test/physical. It is a hair test and the physical is literally them asking your height and weight, taking blood pressure readings and an eye test.

They give you the opportunity to request any time off that you may need off during the next 90 day period which is important because once you're hired you can't ask for time off for a while.

They also do a credit check and background check. They do a very thorough background check and hire a company to check your previous employers. If one is out of business they want W2s and if you don't have those you have to get tax receipts from the IRS. My hiring process is being held up because the company is claiming to have issues verification a previous employer but the employer hasn't even received a request.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. They were about what you'd expect for this position.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Their salary is set.

Licensed Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in August 2011.

Interview process was lengthy and hard. There was phone Interview, 2 in person, interviews, and testing. Although a lengthy process, they are trying to find the best canidates. Good interview and personal skills are a must!

Interview Questions
    • The most difiicult questions were reguarding how to balance efficiency and great customer service.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GEICO in May 2013.

The interview wasn't a normal interview. The interviewer just talk more about the company, the position, what all is expected of me and how salary/commission works. It was a easy going interview. He asked me more about myself and what I could bring to the company, but mostly he just talked.

Interview Questions

I knew that I wouldn't enjoy that job knowing I could make good money from it. I wanted a job in my career field and something I will enjoy.

Auto Damage Field Adjuster Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Just follow the instructions and you will be fine.....Dont over think it and take your time. Answer questions to the best of you ability. Dont give answers you think they want to hear. Be ready to give a lot of examples of situations you have had that will highlight your experience.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at GEICO.

Contacted the day after I applied online. I had a lengthy phone interview and did on site testing that took a couple hours. I received an email about two weeks after saying that I did not receive an offer. I thought the interview went ok. I'm not really sure what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me many behavioral questions. Nothing too unexpected. Just stuff about management and leading.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in July 2011.

First was a phone interview. Then they will call you in for 2 more. I was there for 8 hours so be prepared. I was getting hungry and I didn't want to ask for a break. Bring a snack.

Interview Questions
    They said you will get X amount and then i said OK. I knew my selling skills would make up for the low starting rate. For this position there really isnt much room for negotiation.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

The process is long. There is a typing test, and a test where you input information on to different screens. If you pass that part, you will be interviewed by an hr rep. If you pass that part, you'll move on to a role play exercise. The next step is shadowing an employee and then an interview with the hiring supervisor. If your offered the job, you will then take a drug test. Expect to be there for at least 5 hours if you're doing well.

Interview Questions
    • It's a behavioral style interview. Tell me about a time...   Answer Question
    No negotiation, salary is set.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

I applied online and was contacted via phone and asked some general questions about my educational background and specific classes I had taken. I was asked to upload my transcript and cover letter to the GEICO career website. I was then contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. I spoke with the recruiter on the phone for about an hour and was happy with my experience. I was told that they would notify me if I would be moving on the hiring process with in a few days. I was then notified a few days later that I would not be moving forward. I believe that I was not chosen because I told the recruiter that I was most interested in auto damage and she said that they had plenty of employees in auto damage. The job ad was for MDP in Claims. I told them that claims was my second choice.

Interview Questions
    • They ask about which business segment you are most interested in. Make sure to have a first and second choice. Also be able to explain why you are interested in that business segment.   Answer Question