GEICO Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO.

Start off by sending your app, answering questions, all the basic sort of stuff. You get communication that says you can come in to do some tests. You get there and you take a test to see if you're eligible to work (scenario questions, memory, etc...). After that, you talk to an HR rep about the position. Then you go into an interview, followed by some role play and tests.

Interview Questions
    • if something happens or you don't get it, you can't apply for another 6 months. As long as you aren't slow in the head, you should find the tests are pretty easy.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

very lengthy they get in no hurry, have you coming back several different days, seems like a lot of people are being interviewed. They are not very friendly and very matter of fact

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

I first received a phone interview which went really well, the man on the phone was super nice and easy to talk to. He asked questions like why GEICO? He started off with I have some good news and bad news. First the bad news you weren't chosen for Customer Representative. Now the good news we have decided you would be best as a Claims Representative, or in Sales, which would you be interested in? Then he asked, if I would be wiling to work holidays. Then he tells me the different shifts they work, and then he asked me which one I'm most interested in. He asks, if I'm willing to work weekends. Then he tells you the salary and asked if that's ok. Then he tells you if you want you can interview that afternoon if your ready, or you can come in the next day and he gives you the 3 different interview shifts and ask which one would you like. You pick one, he puts you down for that, and then he tells you that you will receive an email from them shortly with what you need to bring, etc. The next day when I went in for the interview the security guard issued me into the HR department. HR gives you a brochure to read about the company and then they ask your several questions on the brochure. HR gives a typing test which is super easy to pass. They also give you a test where you have to decide which department of claims to put the call in, person's name, customer number, city & state, zip code, etc. If you do not do this correctly or fast enough you don't make it to the other 4 parts of the testing. I passed the typing test, but not pass the second part of the testing.

Interview Questions
    • I only did the phone interview and I did not find that unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

Hiring process was farely easy. I was called for my phone interview and from that point on, it was smooth sailing. The recruiters as well as interviewers were very eager to answer any questions that I may have had. There was the assesment not hard at all. Right after that, I headed on to my interview. The next few steps were a breeze and I look forward to working with this wonderful company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

I was interviewed at the Indianapolis location, the interview process is long but not hard. I was there for a total of 6 hours and spoke with several managers.

Interview Questions
    • It is pretty cut and dry and the questions are pretty basic.What do you think you will bring to the company, why do you want to work here and ie.   Answer Question

Mobile User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chevy Chase, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

Very professional from start to finish. Recruiting was honest about the pros and cons of the company, the opportunity, and my potential fit.

Initial phone screen, followed by two technical phone screens, which led to a 3 hour onsite interview (with sample writing test).

Great company, press them to pay you market value!

Interview Questions
    Professional and extremely well done.

Emergency Roadside Services Interview

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

The hiring process wasn't to bad, they were all very nice. It is very nerve racking and long though. 1st- You take a computer test that is long. I thought I did terrible on it the whole time but I apparently did perfectly fine on it. So then you have an interview with someone asking you what your strengths and weaknesses are and what you think will prepare you for this job. 3rd- You do a mock call center test where you get 30 minutes to look over a couple of papers they give you and they call you and pretend to be stranded and you do this 3 times and then talk to the person then you get scheduled with the actual hiring manager and its just a normal interview.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult part was the mock call center. I just have never done anything like that, and it was nerve racking   Answer Question

Auto Damage Trainee Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at GEICO.

Attempted to internally transfer from call center to Auto adjuster trainee in another state. The process was drawn out for 6 months. I went through all the interviews, role plays, ect and passed. The manager told me that even though I passed, he still thought I would fail out of the 3 month training school. After being jerked around for an additional month after my interview, I put my resignation in with the company and accepted an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • The Role play was very hard. I was told the exact process and questions asked by co-workers that did it, and It was still hard. You can't prepare for it.   Answer Question

Process to long, Manager unprofessional , received better offer from a company that was excited to hire me.

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

This was my first phone interview out of college so I didn't know what to expect but the interviewer was very polite and made me sound like I could be an important part of their company which gave me the confidence to keep pursuing the job as well as others.

Interview Questions
    • We're you ever late to your current job   View Answer

The hours

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO in June 2014.

I'm still in the interview process, but thought I'd write about my experience so far before a decision is made. I noticed that reviews where an offer was made tend to be more positive. I applied online at geico.com and a day or two later I received an e-mail for phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. Young lady, friendly yet to the point. I was asked very general questions to ensure I understood the role. Once she was done I was invited to do a pre-employment test, but I could only do it on a desktop. When I confirmed that I own a laptop she told me it could only be desktop and once she sent the e-mail I had one hour to complete the test and was required to e-mail her once completed to confirm this was done within the hour. This was completely unexpected. I had less than an hour to get to the nearest public library and start the test. My nearest one was closed so I had to drive about 10 minutes to another. I was able to complete the test in the hour and let her know. The recruiter called me back and invited me to another phone interview. This interview was more in-depth and involved questions about my previous work and the Adjuster role. A few yes or no answers, but the usual "tell me a time when..." They wants of details and play-by-plays, especially on how you manage your time - and I mean specific. I got the sense when we finished that I didn't do so well.

Interview Questions
    • For me, the most difficult/unexpected questions were those directly involving the role. For example, "You quote a car for 5 hours labor, but the body shop thinks it should be 9. Please explain in detail how you would respond to this." Or "Your supervisor wants to meet an average of 22 labor hours per month and you average 21, putting you in the middle. What would your response be?"   Answer Question