GEICO

591 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straightforward, but it was rather long and drawn out. It has taken close to three weeks from the time I found the position advertisement until now, and I am still in the interview process. I started by submitting my resume along with the application and was then selected for a brief (20 minutes in my case) interview with one of the company recruiters. I was asked basic interview questions and none of them proved to be difficult. The interviewer was very polite and friendly, and that certainly helped to set me at ease.

Following that I had to take an online assessment test. This was broken into two parts - reading comprehension and spatial recognition/acuity. The recruiter informed me from the start that (1) it was unlikely I'd finish all of the questions on either part and that (2) it wasn't expected that I would, anyway. The reading comprehension test is exactly that: a test to see how well you understand what you have read. You have a multi-paragraph article to read, after which you are asked a small series of questions. You have a new article after about 2 to 3 questions, so in all you have 3 or 4 articles to read. This test timed out on me before I could answer the last 3 questions.

The spatial test has a series of Jenga-like blocks stacked in different configurations. 5 of the blocks in each stack are identified as either A,B,C,D or E. You have to look at the specified block and determine how many other blocks it is actually touching. This is really not a difficult test if you pay attention to the manner in which the other blocks are stacked. This test timed out on me before I could identify the 5 blocks in the final configuration.

I was informed that I passed the test and that the next step is a motor vehicle evaluation. Provided that I am able to prove I am not an insurance risk I will be scheduled for the final step in the interview process.

Interview Question – As of right now I have not been asked any difficult questions. Everything thus far has been very reasonable and expected. I gather that the difficult interview questions come with the final phase of the interview when you are scheduled for the 30 minute role-play event.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Claims Adjuster Trainee

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – I was offered job after 3 interviews, the third being 3 hours long and including a role play. I didn't get the job because of my credit. I was upfront from the start but the recruiter said not to worry and that HR will talk with you and work it out if your credit isn't good. That doesn't happen! They didn't even call me, I called them after a week and they said they mailed me a "letter". Thanks for the waste of time and Gieco.

Interview Question – most difficult was the role play.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Tucson, AZ

Interviewed at GEICO

Interview Details – Hiring process is very extensive and demanding. The recruiting team is fairly nice however. Overall it is a 7 stage process and was very surprising to me personally, but I suppose that is what is asked of you when you are potentially going to get a well above average salary and benefits.

Interview Question – At one point I was asked why I left a certain job without having another lined up. It was for personal reasons, but was hard to explain, and get the interviewer to understand it. It was certainly a curveball.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in February 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out an application on another site. HR rep contacted me, asked me to fill out an application directly on their site. Another HR rep contacted me, asked me to complete 2 tests relating to intelligence and critical thinking. Completed both, HR told me they'd set up an interview with hiring manager, would email to confirm. Almost to the day of interview, HR never contacted me. I sent email asking for confirm, they said it was next day as specified. Interview went wierd, interviewer never introduced self, critiqued work in a brusk manner.

Interview Question – Not difficult or unexpected, but if you give them an example of past work, be prepared to talk about it as though you had just done the work.   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in January 2014.

Interview Details – There were four steps to this interview. The first was a telephone interview, the next an examination where you just need to know basic problem solving, the third an in person interview, and finally the role play. Both interviews and the test were straight forward. The role play was very hard. You need to be good at multi tasking, and learning quickly. They give you the directions, and then for the next hour or so, you have to pretend to be an adjuster.

Interview Question – The questions were really straight forward   Answer Question

Unit Supervisor of Claims Processing Interview

Unit Supervisor of Claims Processing
Woodbury, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GEICO in May 2011.

Interview Details – There is a multi-step interview process, including assessments, and eventually speaking with management in that department. Supervisor workbox where you are given a number of tasks and asked to prioritize them is completed on the computer. Initial job interview included typing test, drug assessment, background check.

Interview Question – biggest weakness, many situational based questions, how would you handle different aspects of the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate, salary is set and non-negotiable. Benefits include health, dental, vision, and profit sharing.

Claims Service Representative Interview

Claims Service Representative
Macon, GA

Interviewed at GEICO

Interview Details – Applied and immediately received an email requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was very standard, and was informed immediately that a lack of experience would cause my consideration to be terminated.

Interview Question – No out-of-the-blue surprising questions, but the interviewer was difficult to understand at times (due to an accent).   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Insurance Sales Agent
Macon, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very long and several different steps to get hired. My interview process was from 8AM-4P. I did typing test, personality test, role play, one on one interview with HR, job shadow, then one on one interview with hiring manager from the department.

Very Easy Interview

Claims Service Representative Interview

Claims Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – I was asked if I had a Bachelor's. I said no, and asked what field of study they were looking for. She told me it didn't matter, they would just pay me more if I had a Bachelor's in anything at all (what??). The questions were very geared toward attendance and job dedication, but not geared toward actual skills and experience. I don't have much to say about it because the interview was surprisingly short.

Interview Question – Nothing was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted the offer, but after a few days I retracted it. They wanted me to start in the middle of winter (snow, ice, flu season). I was told I was not allowed to call off for a full 3 months for any reason, even with a doctor's note, or I would be terminated immediately. I was also told I was not allowed to schedule off for a full 6 months. I said OK to this because I am dedicated to my job, but then I began to realize that life is too unexpected to place myself in a position of getting fired for needing to take off, especially since I have a family. I also read reviews on here that said the call-off and schedule-off policies are horrendous.

Product Management Analyst Interview

Product Management Analyst
Chevy Chase, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was scheduled for an initial phone screening/ interview at winter/ spring career fair. I then had another phone interview. Then I was invited onsite for a final interview. Day long interview schedule. The interview day had five interviews with a total of seven people. GEICO provided lunch at their substantial cafeteria. I heard back quickly.

Interview Question – Explain a time you had multiple projects to work on at once, and how you solved it.   Answer Question