GEICO Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.2

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Recruiter asked for college transcripts showing classes taken and GPA. Once reviewed, they set a time for an over the phone interview.

The total interview process consists of 3 rounds.

Round 1: Phone interview. The recruiter called and we spoke for perhaps 30-50 mins. I was asked a number of situational questions that pull from college and work experience. "tell me about a time when..." At the end, they tell you if they want to have you move along in the process or not.

Round 2: I was invited to their offices for the second round. This was in order to do 2-3 different computer tests. I was tested on data entry, speed of work, typing/WPM, and a very long questionnaire that I believe is supposed to screen for liars or undesirable employees. A few logic questions are also included.

Round 3: After scoring the last round, they asked me back again for a simulated test. The test placed me in a mock office, gave me a lengthly document of a job description and duties that I was supposed to perform. you are told to read through it and then the simulation begins. If you pass this, you are brought in to interview with the hiring manager.

You are told that they will call you with a final decision.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

My advice to future candidates: Study growth rates and problems using compound interest and interest rates. Study the various insurance ratios. Thoroughly explain why you chose your answers. Refresh your memory on percentage problems and calculations. I made it up to the Excel assessment and was completely caught off-guard. I am still a student and wasn't completely set on my decisions to work for Geico, so I didn't put forth as much effort; rather did it for the interview experience. But if you want to work for Geico, the test is very important to them...

TA I Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

Computer test....Then Phone interview.....Then computer test at center....Then a face to face interview....Then Mock phone test in a office room with desk and they call you and you take calls from paper work after they give you 30 min to review and then they test how well you handle calls and give confident answers.....it can be wrong as long as your confident they mainly test to see how well you sound on the phone.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Be prepared to be there for at least 3-5 hours and be willing to answer a plethora of questions. To begin with, you have to do a phone interview that gives you the overall description about the job, how long the training will be, and what the salary is for the position. The position that I applied for starts at about $41,600 a month which I found to be much better than my current salary. After the phone interview I set up a time the following week to do the computer testing, interview and the mock job test. The computer test went fine as long as you are able to type quickly, listen and follow directions. Out of the three other people I did the testing with only one guy failed. We then sat down for about 15 minutes until we each were assigned to a hiring manager. We then went into private office rooms and were interviewed one on one. My hiring manager was very nice and made me feel as comfortable as possible. The interview questions were very thorough. More than once she asked me if I thought this was a job that would "fit me". But to be honest I won't know until I start training and working on the job. Ten minutes after then interview they said that I could move onto a mock job test. This was the worst part of the interview process. They give you 25 minutes to read over some directions about a fake real estate company and different processes for closing on houses, doing home repairs, etc. Then you begin to receive phone calls one after the other while scrambling to find the correct papers out of a stack of about 50 that are scattered over the table. It is extremely nerve wrecking and made me feel like I didn't do very well. I was polite, and did my absolute best. This wasn't fair because they throw you into this and then expect you to pass with flying colors.

Interview Questions

• Are there any other jobs that you have applied for? Why would you choose us over another job offer?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer. What did you do and what was the result?   1 Answer
    • Q: Why did you apply for this job? What do you think the role of this job is?   1 Answer

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for MDP in Auto Damage. Let me just preface this by saying that if you do not have prior claims experience, don't even bother. I'm graduating with an engineering degree and I thought the other people who said that were just dumb and exaggerating, but now I see that it was true. I'll go into more detail on that later. Basically, they wanted me to work as an adjuster for 2 years until becoming a Supervisor. I was worried that I would get "stuck" as an adjuster, so it made me apprehensive about the position to start with. Anyway, there were several stages to the process:

1: Basic phone screen. Just checks that you are interested in the position and a career with GEICO. Make sure to say that you are NOT interested in going to grad school, and that you see yourself staying at GEICO indefinitely if offered the position.

2: Phone interview. Really easy questions about previous leadership experience, your plans for the future, and gives you an opportunity to ask a few questions. If you didn't have a job where you were a manager or supervisor, these questions will be tough, if not impossible to answer. Don't expect to be able to rely on extracurricular activities, as all of the questions are geared towards work experience. My interviewer was very polite and I felt the interview was conversational yet still professional.

3: Testing/Role Play: Others have said they had testing first, but I was given the role play first. You're given a 20 page packet, a bunch of poorly photocopied forms, and a low-quality, choppy audio recording of the packet that you're expected to read along with. The instructions are bloated and unclear, and you are expected to memorize all 20 pages to a T after reading over it once. The instructions told me I would be using some of the forms I was given at the start, but when they began the role play I was given a different form. I tried to coax the interviewer (acting as a "customer") along through the form, but he wouldn't give me all of the information I needed, and I couldn't find any hints amongst the 60+ pages of paper scattered over the tiny desk. Hence, do not expect to perform well in the role play unless you have worked as an adjuster before, because they really make you go off-road here. About 20 minutes into the role play I thanked them for their time and left. I probably could have pushed through the role play and passed (maybe they just want to see what happens when you're thrown in the deep end), but I have plenty of other career options that I decided to pass on GEICO.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer, Name a time a supervisor criticized you and how did you handle it, Name a time you disappointed a customer, Name a time you successfully worked with a team, What is your leadership style. Several more questions along those lines.   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smooth after the caliber test if passed the telephone interview and after that you're scheduled for testing. Testing is tricky but easy! And then after that 1 on 1.. I was they will call in some days with or without an offer! 1 on 1 interview was a bunch scenario questions!

Interview Questions

• What does geico have to offer you that your previous employers don't?   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received email within 2 days to schedule a phone interview. Completed phone interview which asked very basic questions such as schedule availability, salary, why do you want to work at Geico, etc. The phone interview only lasted for about 10 minutes. After the interview was concluded, the HR lady on the other line told me that I should hope to hear back from them in a few days as to whether or not they would like to move on to the next step of the interviewing process with me. Went in at 12pm for the pre-employment testing and interview and didn't actually walk out of the building till around 5:30pm. So expect this process to take quite a few hours. This day consisted of a multitasking/typing test, interview with recruiter, roleplaying simulation, sitting with an actual CSR associate on the floor and listening to live calls, and then finally I was interview by the 2 CSR managers and was offered the job at the end of the interview.

TDP Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Asked a couple questions about OO programming and asked about what my passion was. Spent about 30 minutes on the phone and was offered the job right after. All in all not a bad interview

Interview Questions

Interview

phone interview.
    A call time was set up and scheduled on line. They asked standard questions. The whole thing only took about 20 minutes. It was easy if you prepare and talk like it is regular conversation.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you faced a difficult decision or situation and how you showed leadership   Answer Question

Asjuster Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

The process is very long several hours actually.
    You're placed in the room given an audio CD and book to read with instructions on how the interview will follow. For the next couple hours different people come in and role play with you and you were supposed to do everything that was instructed to you in the CD& book and want to test you to see how you react and if you can do the job.