GEICO

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.2

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

The GEICO location in Katy, TX will be bringing over 2000 jobs to the area over the course of a few years is what I was told. As of mid 2014 about 500 positions had already been filled. From what I witnessed roughly 90% of the positions were filled by African Americans. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with that however the demographic of the west Houston area is around 70% white. I passed the assessment during the initial part of my interview. They test typing speed and how fast you are able to handle customer service tasks. I was interviewed by a seemingly liberal Caucasian male that was transferred to Houston from Buffalo, NY. He had a list of ten or so ridiculous personality questions that he stated he would prefer to get through rather quickly. After insulting me under his breath several times he proceeded to tell me how wonderful it is that GEICO employees can indirectly invest in Berkshire Hathaway stock. He even mentioned that Warren Buffett visits the location every once in awhile to build personal relationships with each individual employee. I have been adjusting claims since 2008 for multiple carriers and was basically told sarcastically that the carriers I previously represented cannot match the benefits that GEICO has to offer. If you are a true insurance professional I would recommend staying away from this opportunity as the GEICO location in west Houston was built for and run by inexperienced amateurs that would otherwise be on the government dime. I was told that I would receive a follow up email after the interview and that I was going to feel "like a kid in a candy store" after starting the job. I never received a follow up phone call or email after I left that day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I would prefer to work auto property damage claims rather that liability claims because it pays $45K a year rather than $41K a year.   View Answer

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

2 phone interviews were standard and easy. They want to verify you can communicate well and are looking into this for the right reasons.

You are required to take a Caliper personality assessment. Easy, just make sure your answers are consistent - they'll recommend a position that best fits your personality e.i. sales, customer service, claims.

Called in for a skill set assessment test - typing and multi-tasking test. MAKE SURE CAPS LOCK IS OFF prior to the typing test. The multi-tasking test requires you to simply organize incoming calls and/or emails into three different categories in a fake medical software program. Be patient and calm with it. Just remember ALWAYS submit the phonecall/email into the system, even if its not %100 completed prior to time running out.

Was told that I passed. Scheduled me for an interview for two weeks down the line. Granted the hiring date wasn't for another month at that point in time. Waiting for the interview day.

Interview Questions
    • SImply look/listen for key words during the multi-tasking test.   Answer Question
    Still waiting on formal interviews

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

I applied for the Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee position at GEICO in Montgomery County, MD in September. The total process as of right now has taken two days and my wait until December to do the second half of the interview process.
    I applied online, then two days later I got an email asking for my best time to conduct a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 15 minutes. She asked questions about my past, told me about the job, asked if I was up to working rigorous hours and then going through three months of training (with now whats a three week process in McLean, VA with schooling happening on Saturday).
    She then told me she wanted me to continue the process for next June's candidates (as that is when I graduate college) so I have to wait for December to finish up my application process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Auto Damage Field Adjuster Interview

Waste of time. Passed phone interview. Passed personality test and depth perception exam. Was asked to submit transcripts. Was strung along for three weeks to receive a generic rejection letter. Lame.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had a difficult customer and what you did to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

I applied online , then phone interview , question like how did you hear about postion, I got like question about my education, how long do you want to work at geico, y u have gap on resume then I asked interview in person first did typing not hard just stay calm don't worry about first then second interview a lot of questions y u want work here tell a time you had deal with negative customers how u deal with feed back from management .. next role playing . Just ask for sell always don't tell no for answer keep pushing for the sell but stay positive and happy .. I have go back for shawding part and interviews with hiring manager .. I hope it goes well its long process

Interview Questions
    • why you want to work here

how long you want to work here .. always say long time ..

View Answer
    None

Claims Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

Applied online, received an email to do an assessment, then they send you a link to schedule a phone interview (you have to keep on top of your emails). They are precise with the time you choose to be called for the phone interview (if you select 9AM, better be at your phone by 9AM) Phone interviewer go over your resume, ask basic questions about you education and job experience. After the phone interview, they will let you know if they will forward you to go to one of their offices for a computer assessment which test you on multitasking and date entry, typing, etc. Once finish with the computer assessment test, they will let you know if you pass or fail, once pass you go on to the personality interview one on one test which they ask you "what would you do type of questions". Once that's finish you do role play where you sit in a office, review materials for 30 minutes and you have to play roles dealing with angry customers, filing claims, and so forth. They will let you know if you pass or fail. They then have to have you shadow a trained CSR with a headset to listen to live calls, for me it took about 1.5 hrs, then the final interview step was with the hiring manager (they ask the same questions similar to the personality interview). The manager then will step out for two minutes, come back in and offer the position. The offer is made the same day, I'm guessing if they say they will contact you later, it's probably a no go. For me, I did the entire interview in one day because I had the time and figured i should get everything over with but if you're booked for other activities that day, they will work with you to come back to finish other steps of the interview on your time. I did paperwork and everything the same day I was offered the position, now I'm waiting to start the training. Good luck to everyone.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult questions, just be quick and accurate, also smart with your responses. Example, explain a time when you had a difficult situation and turned it around into a positive one. (give respond to something customer service related) Try to give response pertaining to customer oriented or what will suit the job position.   Answer Question
    No negotiation... take it as offered

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

*First stage pre-screen phone interview

*Second stage- Assessment test, includes
    1) Reading comprehension. Read paragraphs,answer questions
    2) Spacial recognition. Cubes with numbered sections (picture a numbered rubics cube), how many blocks touch one particular block.
    Very short time frame, most likely won't answer all questions. Be quick and accurate.

*Third stage- Another phone or face to face interview with regional manager.

*Fourth stage- Role play interview. This is the make or break stage. Consisted of:
    1)Writing an estimate
    2)Scheduling your visits using a map and time estimates
    3)Negotiating repair estimates from repair facilities
    4)Filling out an information form
    5)Dealing with upset customers

Interview Questions
    • What are your experiences with customers interaction?   View Answer
    • What are your negotiating skills?   View Answer
    • Why do you think you're a fit for the position?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

Started with a phone interview, where they ask you basic questions. Once you make it past that, which is easy, you are scheduled to come in and do testing. My appointment was at 9:15. I and 2 other candidates sat for about a half hour before we were called in to do the computer simulated test (you can do terrible and still pass). A woman then told us we would be called for the interview within 30-45 minutes.

Over 3 HOURS later (and right before I was about to leave) I was called, and asked a set of standardized questions that were read off a screen. The answers they wanted were very specific but not too difficult. This company has absolutely no respect for people's time. If you want to get food you can but you aren't given an accurate time frame for when they will call you, so the safest thing to do is wait as the hours go by.

After I was called into a room and asked standardized questions by a gentleman unprofessionally dressed, I was asked to sit and wait for another couple of hours for a simulation. At that point I just left and went home as my time is too valuable with graduate school and other work to wait an entire day for a call center job.

Geico: Revise your hiring process! Just because the economy is poor doesn't mean you should have a total lack of respect for a prospective hire's time, regardless of the low pay.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult. They just want exact scenarios, which may be hard to give depending on your last job.   Answer Question

Auto Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

Applied 3weeks ago and just went true phone interview. Process take long time. Have to go thru phone interview, skill test, another phone interview, then (if you good) they'll have face to face and role playing interview. After that they'll give you an offer and if you accept, they put you true background check. So if you applied...At least 4 weeks waiting

Interview Questions
    • How you manage time and prioritize? They give you four tasks with driving calling emailing an filing claim. all in 15 min   View Answer

Salvage Total Loss Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

The interview was very simple. If you passed the initial typing test, then you moved forward with the next step. Next step was an interview. Then the role playing stimulation. That's as far as I made it. I thought I did well on the role playing, however I my performance was affected by my nerves.