GEICO Interview Questions

3.2

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GEICO in May 2013.

The interview wasn't a normal interview. The interviewer just talk more about the company, the position, what all is expected of me and how salary/commission works. It was a easy going interview. He asked me more about myself and what I could bring to the company, but mostly he just talked.

Interview Questions

I knew that I wouldn't enjoy that job knowing I could make good money from it. I wanted a job in my career field and something I will enjoy.

Auto Damage Field Adjuster Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Just follow the instructions and you will be fine.....Dont over think it and take your time. Answer questions to the best of you ability. Dont give answers you think they want to hear. Be ready to give a lot of examples of situations you have had that will highlight your experience.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO.

Contacted the day after I applied online. I had a lengthy phone interview and did on site testing that took a couple hours. I received an email about two weeks after saying that I did not receive an offer. I thought the interview went ok. I'm not really sure what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me many behavioral questions. Nothing too unexpected. Just stuff about management and leading.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in July 2011.

First was a phone interview. Then they will call you in for 2 more. I was there for 8 hours so be prepared. I was getting hungry and I didn't want to ask for a break. Bring a snack.

Interview Questions
    They said you will get X amount and then i said OK. I knew my selling skills would make up for the low starting rate. For this position there really isnt much room for negotiation.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

The process is long. There is a typing test, and a test where you input information on to different screens. If you pass that part, you will be interviewed by an hr rep. If you pass that part, you'll move on to a role play exercise. The next step is shadowing an employee and then an interview with the hiring supervisor. If your offered the job, you will then take a drug test. Expect to be there for at least 5 hours if you're doing well.

Interview Questions
    • It's a behavioral style interview. Tell me about a time...   Answer Question
    No negotiation, salary is set.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

I applied online and was contacted via phone and asked some general questions about my educational background and specific classes I had taken. I was asked to upload my transcript and cover letter to the GEICO career website. I was then contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. I spoke with the recruiter on the phone for about an hour and was happy with my experience. I was told that they would notify me if I would be moving on the hiring process with in a few days. I was then notified a few days later that I would not be moving forward. I believe that I was not chosen because I told the recruiter that I was most interested in auto damage and she said that they had plenty of employees in auto damage. The job ad was for MDP in Claims. I told them that claims was my second choice.

Interview Questions
    • They ask about which business segment you are most interested in. Make sure to have a first and second choice. Also be able to explain why you are interested in that business segment.   Answer Question

Supervisor Leadership Program Interview

waste of time, I don't understand why they even had me go through that whole process when they already had the girl picked out. Most of the people there had no clue what was going on. sat in on some calls and sat in front of panal of three.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmingdale, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO in March 2013.

I received a phone interview which lasted over an hour. I had several e-mail correspondences prior to the phone interview. They requested references, a copy of my college transcript and resume.

Interview Questions
    • For every question they were asking me to be more specific, to a point beyond what I felt was appropriate. i spoke to a friend who had a similar experience during a GEICO in-person interview. Reflecting on this I think it was a test of patience.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO.

Online application, phone interview, face to face interview that consists of a multitalking/typing test, personality assessment, face to face interview, sales role play, job shadow with a sales rep and another interview with a sales manager.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in December 2012.

Overall process took about a month. First fill out the online portion, do the test over the internet. After that, you will be called to come in for a screening. Computer skills are required (they test WPM, ability to multitask, etc.) and if you pass that, you will do a interview with an HR recruiter which may involve a role-playing scenario.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, the ball is in their court from day one.