GEICO

Very Difficult Interview

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Auto Damage Adjuster
Long Island City, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in March 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out application, got call next day and set up in person test for 2 weeks later. 2 weeks after taking test got call for phone interview, then day after phone interview in person interview. They were really impressed, then ran background drug test and driving record. Whole process was slowed down by holidays but took about six weeks.

Interview Question – Role playing of an angry customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, salary based on experience and location.

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online, someone from HR called me the next day to schedule a phone interview. She called me 3 days later, the phone interview lasted about 30 minutes; she asked about previous employment history, why you want to work for Geico, your career goals, a few behavioral questions.. very easy going. She then invited me to come in to take some computerized skills tests for the week after. It was a multi-tasking test and a typing test. She said from the jump that it was designed to overwhelm you but it was actually extremely easy if you can multi-task using a PC. The test lasted maybe 45 minutes at the most. She came back in the room and told me I passed and said that a manager would be contacting me to schedule another phone interview... that same day, the manager called to schedule the next phone interview for the week after. The phone interview consisted of various behavioral interview questions... I actually thought I did kind of bad, it lasted about an hour, but by the end of the conversation she invited me to come in for some role playing. It was really nerve racking because they put you in a room with stacks of papers, a phone, pens, highlighters, etc. There's a thick stack of papers that you have to read that gives you instructions on what to do... then someone from HR calls the phone and act like rude customers, some had fake accents, etc. but it was pretty easy as well if you're comfortable multi-tasking. I think I did pretty well. After that, I shadowed somebody that was taking calls in Claims... After that, the manager called me back in the room and asked me if I felt like I could do the job... Then she offered me the position.

Interview Question – Behavioral Interview Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation. Based on level of education.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview. Personality, typing and multitasking test before any interview takes place. Once you have been told you passed the tests, a HR supervisor will interview you. If you passed that part you will then move on to the role playing. Here you are given a packet of a fake company that you will have 20 minutes to read over. Do not try to know everything, just bits you think are important. After 20 minutes you will be called and have to either explain info to a customer, keep a customer from leaving or explaining why a customer received a bill (these were all of my scenarios, yours might be different). If you complete that successfully, you will shadow an employee for an hour and then have your final interview with the department manager and supervisor.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next 2 years?   Answer Question

Product Management Analyst Interview

Product Management Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume, cover letter, and transcript through my college career website. They sent me an analytical test that was highly specific. After a week, they told me they wanted to schedule a phone interview. Asked basic interview questions and behavioral questions. After a couple of days they asked me to fly out to HQs.

On-site interview was terrible. The representative from HR forgot that I was arriving, and I had to wait for 30 minutes. 4/7 people I spoke to that day were unhygienic, greasy analysts who lacked social skills.

One person asked me where else I was applying. I said PwC, Accenture, and Goldman - she said she had never heard of those companies. These guys live in their own GEICO bubble, so heads up that you might get sucked into this culture.

Study the PMA test really well (memorize it) and understand all of the insurance terms even if you really want this job.

Interview Question – How would you know if the hybrid discount you previously enacted was successful or not? (They're looking for you to talk about metrics used in the PMA test)   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Woodbury, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Professional interview

Interview Question – They wanted to see original of my college degree which meant I had to remove it from a frame!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, flat rate, take it or leave it.

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

GEICO Sales Representative
Woodbury, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online at the GEICO web site. Had a phone interview and a second follow-up in person interview. Had to take a typing test, reading comprehension test, personality test, and a one-on-one role play where you have to show your sales ability. This is nothing difficult. You have to submit to a drug and physical test. GEICO also checks your credit background and uses this as part of the hiring process. If you have had a prior bankruptcy there is no problem, however if you have been sent to collections and have very bad credit it can affect if you will get hired. GEICO also does a background check. Once you have cleared everything you are invited for orientation and then training, which consists of several weeks. Full benefits kick in on day 1, except that you will not be eligible to receive a profit sharing bonus on your first year. The Human Resources staff were all very friendly and welcoming. There is plenty of room for growth within the organization where you can move within departments in Sales, Customer Service, and Claims and even transfer to other regional offices in the U.S.

Interview Question – If we were to contact your current employer, what would they say about you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no room for negotiation in terms of salary. Depending on the position, the starting salary is already determined regardless of experience and educational background.

Claims Service Representative II Interview

Claims Service Representative II
Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed at GEICO in April 2014.

Interview Details – initial face/face interview

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you were assigned a task with minimal or incomplete instructions. How did you begin the task and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Inflexible regarding starting salary and offer was too low.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Actuarial Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Phone Screening with HR, then you have to fill out questionnaire and send transcripts. Next you will have to take an analytical exam on Excel.

Interview Question – Questions were not that difficult.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Management Development Program Interview

Management Development Program
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in March 2014.

Interview Details – The most challenging interview I have ever taken. Apply online. Received Email for phone interview in less than a week. Standard interview questions and was immediately invited for further action. (if you are not immediately invited for further action you will not be. I applied for this position 3 years ago. I also had 2 other friends apply who were immediately scheduled when I was not) Overwhelming face to face application. Take a look at my break down below.

Interview Question – 1st. Multitasking program where you listen to recorded information and fill in specific information into program, Some information is in an e-mail format. Timed and difficult to make sure you select the correct tab and input the correct information. 2nd. Typing assessment (typical) 3rd. Problem solving similar to SAT or ACT exam (timed and somewhat challenging)
4th.
Very, Very , Very impressive extensive roll play where you are put in an office alone, given 20 minutes to read instructions on how to do the job. Client folders and claim forms are laid in front of you then.... the phone rings and HR representative pretends to be angry customer, English as a second language ect. I was disarmed at how elaborate this was and the only instruction provided was a 8 page document that you review alone for 20 min. 1st pretend call was broken English customer. "Why you not pay my room bill, me no understand." Then HR rep walked in an hands me a piece of paper that reads. "I listed to your call and want you to type a letter to the customer." Given 5 minutes to hand write letter to customer. 2nd call "My furnace broke and this better get fixed now!" Scramble to find customer's file folder, review for coverage and confirm if policy will cover hotel stay. Customer did not have hotel coverage but fine print ready that if its a furnace problem coverage will cover Hotel. (still not sure if I answered correctly) 3rd call. Customer is in a hotel but wants a suit because he conducts business out of his home. HR dropped off another document to me which was a potential bill from the hotel. Conveyed to customer to only stay in suit one night and normal room 2 nights to not incur out of pocket expenses. When I was done they told me I would be notified in a few business days if I was selected.(not good) Spoke with another applicant in the parking lot who was scheduled for another appointment that week to meet a manager. I was sent an e-mail stating I was not selected 2 days later. (If you are not notified right away you should not expect to get the position.) I knew I had failed after the first call because I did not provide a clear smooth voice of concern and sympathy as well as not answering the hotel room question correct or providing the name of the company that would be conducting the repair. I was surprised and overwhelmed with how elaborate this process was and did a terrible job. I would not have hired me either..... however; if I had known that this was going to happen I am 100% sure I would have been ready and received the position.
  Answer Question

Human Resources Systems Analyst Intern Interview

Human Resources Systems Analyst Intern
Baltimore, MD

Interview Details – Had a 45 minutes interview with 2 managers. Questions were mostly behavioral like strengths, situation based questions etc.