GEICO

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

3.4

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Basic customer service question. Can you work weekends if needed. How many days did you miss work for the current year? Phone interview with recruiter then in person interview with hr and then hiring manager

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you have to deal with a hard customer situation. What was the outcome   Answer Question
No negotiatons. Set salary

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in January 2015.

Easy phone interview. Simulated computer tests were slightly challenging but okay. Easy face to face interview. Mock phone calls were tough and at times bizarre. They give you forms to fill out while you're taking calls and periodically come inside the room to give you more papers to look at in between calls.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO in December 2014.

I was very nervous about the interview process as it was a whole new world. I went in at 9:30 for a 9:45 time slot. Once you get there you wait about 15 minutes take the computer test. This by far was the hardest part in my belief. Its nerve racking as it is quick and its the basis of if you get seen or not. (pass fail) If you pass you are told someone from the department in which you applied for will come and get you, about another 10-15 minutes. The supervisor for my department came down and brought me upstairs to the liabilities claims department. I was introduced to an employee and was told that I will be watching him for a little bit to get a feel for the job I will be doing. This took about an hour. Listening to the calls that came in and watching the computer screen that looked like a new language. After that hour was up the supervisor came and got me and took me to a room to interview me. She asked basic interview questions that were in a booklet about work experience. (tell me about a time when you.......)
    Once done with that I waited about 15-20 minutes. She came back and asked if I was ready to see the manager in charge of our department. Once in her office she asks you similar questions to that of what the supervisor asked you. (Why should we hire you, Why do you want to work in this position) If all goes well you will get an offer. Be prepared to be there for no less then 5 hours if all goes well. It is a long day however it is worth it.

Interview Questions
    • The test in the beginning was the most difficult part of the whole process for me. But be prepared to talk about yourself, and offer great experience stories.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate seeing as the pay is a great start for a great career.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

Okay so I applied for GEICO online, within a day I got an email saying with a link to take an assessment. So I did. The next day I got another email stating that I need to set up an phone interview, So I did for the following day. I got the call and she asked a few basic questions, told me about the hours and salary, she also told me what the next hiring date would be. The call lasted about 8 minutes, after the phone interview was a success the recruiter ask when can I come in, I told her that following Friday. I came into the office signed in, filled out some forms and then waited to get set up for the test. After I passed the test, I then met with an Tier 1 supervisor, whom placed me to sit with a claims rep for about 45 min to and hour. After this went and sat with the Tier 1 supervisor who proceeded to ask me some basic and scripted questions and wrote down my answers. This took about an hour, after this she left me for about 10 min and then returned by saying she will be referring me to an hiring supervisor. We walked back down stairs to the recruitment area, and the supervisor told the receptionist that she is referring me to a hiring supervisor, without even looking up at me she told me to " take off your visitor pass and give it to the security on your way out, and a hiring manager will be reviewing your file and will follow-up in 3 to 5 business days...Now I am a bit confused but after that I had a gut feeling that I did not get it... Based on GEICO hiring process online and all the reviews and comments that are posted from previous and current candidates,my process was completely different. I did not meet with a recruiter, hiring manager, or had a chances to role play. I felt like I wasted my time they filled that position before I even arrived, because it surly wasn't that I was not qualified or incapable of doing the job. I have worked in customer service all my life, I have a MBA and most of all I have personality....The icing on the cake for me is that they reject you and then tell you to reapply in six months,...what so I can be rejected again...

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

The GEICO location in Katy, TX will be bringing over 2000 jobs to the area over the course of a few years is what I was told. As of mid 2014 about 500 positions had already been filled. From what I witnessed roughly 90% of the positions were filled by African Americans. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with that however the demographic of the west Houston area is around 70% white. I passed the assessment during the initial part of my interview. They test typing speed and how fast you are able to handle customer service tasks. I was interviewed by a seemingly liberal Caucasian male that was transferred to Houston from Buffalo, NY. He had a list of ten or so ridiculous personality questions that he stated he would prefer to get through rather quickly. After insulting me under his breath several times he proceeded to tell me how wonderful it is that GEICO employees can indirectly invest in Berkshire Hathaway stock. He even mentioned that Warren Buffett visits the location every once in awhile to build personal relationships with each individual employee. I have been adjusting claims since 2008 for multiple carriers and was basically told sarcastically that the carriers I previously represented cannot match the benefits that GEICO has to offer. If you are a true insurance professional I would recommend staying away from this opportunity as the GEICO location in west Houston was built for and run by inexperienced amateurs that would otherwise be on the government dime. I was told that I would receive a follow up email after the interview and that I was going to feel "like a kid in a candy store" after starting the job. I never received a follow up phone call or email after I left that day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I would prefer to work auto property damage claims rather that liability claims because it pays $45K a year rather than $41K a year.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

2 phone interviews were standard and easy. They want to verify you can communicate well and are looking into this for the right reasons.

You are required to take a Caliper personality assessment. Easy, just make sure your answers are consistent - they'll recommend a position that best fits your personality e.i. sales, customer service, claims.

Called in for a skill set assessment test - typing and multi-tasking test. MAKE SURE CAPS LOCK IS OFF prior to the typing test. The multi-tasking test requires you to simply organize incoming calls and/or emails into three different categories in a fake medical software program. Be patient and calm with it. Just remember ALWAYS submit the phonecall/email into the system, even if its not %100 completed prior to time running out.

Was told that I passed. Scheduled me for an interview for two weeks down the line. Granted the hiring date wasn't for another month at that point in time. Waiting for the interview day.

Interview Questions
    • SImply look/listen for key words during the multi-tasking test.   Answer Question
    Still waiting on formal interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in August 2014.

Applied online, within a day I got a call to schedule a phone interview. The Phone interview were mainly just basic questions on your work history and some school questions. Very basic. Then we scheduled another interview for face to face with the recruiter, and some assessment tests. If you do fine on the test you will speak with the recruiter, the question are roughly the same as the phone but more in depth, be ready with examples on customer service that you've given in the past.

After all the initial interviews....yes, I know its a long process....but it will pay off. The next part you will meet two managers, they will ask you questions that the recruiter asked you. So if you can remember them after the initial interviews, try to make them better, short and to the point. Also some possible questions on leadership skills. Mainly questions about past leadership roles that you've had. Be careful...they will go in depth and need specific answers. So also brush up on your past leadership experiences. Then the Role-play part begins!!! 40 mins of you acting like a Rep. answering calls from employees that call you and see how empathetic you are and how much you can write down. Always answer with a smile, it will help. If you do well congrats, after another talk with the Manager you will get an offer. Hardest part is the Role-play. Be ready and Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • How you think you will do in a goal-oriented environment?   Answer Question
    no neg

CLAIMS LIABILITY Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO.

Geicos hiring process is grueling. Once you get it you good to go though. I believe there was about 4 interviews for myself. After being hired i hear some people have more or less...just depends. The 1st "interview" almost EVERY person who applies gets called in to take a skill based assessment on the computer which is timed. If you pass they will sit you down and interview you directly with someone. Depending on how busy it is they may call you back in for the next Interview. On the same day 2nd interview, they asked very basic questions about resume, myself etc. 3rd interview was all situational case questions. About 20 questions that were repeated and switch around to trick you. Final interview was a "practical" or role-play interview where you were placed in a room with a phone and computer to mimic a true work environment. The interviewer called in a pretended to be a customer, and a few people come in the room to distract you to see how you would handle a real call, multitasking, and being empathetic.

Once you pass all that...good luck on the hair sample test. ALL employees must do a hair sample style drug test.

no neg

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO in August 2014.

They definitely put a lot into making sure that you are worth it. My process took several days as there were a lot of candidates, and they broke up the process and offered those who wanted to come back at a later time to come back. I don't know if this will happen to you, but plan on being there the whole day for the whole process as some have already mentioned.

Interview Questions
    • Why can you bring that nobody else can bring to our company?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

The process is long. There is a typing test, and a test where you input information on to different screens. If you pass that part, you will be interviewed by an hr rep. If you pass that part, you'll move on to a role play exercise. The next step is shadowing an employee and then an interview with the hiring supervisor. If your offered the job, you will then take a drug test. Expect to be there for at least 5 hours if you're doing well.

Interview Questions
    • It's a behavioral style interview. Tell me about a time...   Answer Question
    No negotiation, salary is set.