GEICO Liability Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX).

Interview

First a recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. He seemed very interested in my skills and qualifications. Then I went to the office for an interview I went through a series of tests then had a 1 on 1 interview and then there were more tests.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

The reviews on here will totally have you paranoid and nervous. Just be yourself. If its meant to be, it will happen. Pay attention to the info they give you and be confident in yourself. It wasn't too bad compared to my current employer and was way quicker than other companies hiring processes. They want to make sure that you want to be here, can learn quickly and are going to stay and not hop around.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I probably could have negotiated but i didn't try to. I'm confident that my work will show for itself

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview. A few days later I was contacted by the recruiter, and he reviewed my qualifications and suggested I apply for the Management Development Program. I agreed and was contacted by a different recruiter for another phone interview. She was great, very supportive and informed me starting pay for this position was $40,000. I was stoked! I had to schedule another appointment for online testing. On my scheduled day, I passed the online test and took a personality test. Afterward, they had to reschedule me to come back in , providing I passed the personality test, because my recruiter had an emergency. She called me later that day and told me I did not pass the personality test but I could still apply for the original position I posted for. I agreed. When I went back in, I waited 1 hour past my appointment time before they called me back for a face to face interview. I thought the interview went well, maybe not the best ever, but pretty good. However, I received an email few days later telling me they were not interested. I was disappointed in the lack of feedback, professionalism, and disregard of candidate's time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Went through a telephone interview and then the next day went in for testing. Completed and passed the test and then met with someone who was very adamant about providing quick answers most likely because it was a Friday. So the interview process felt rushed and I was ready to go after the first ten minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

This was my third time applying to Geico and finally made it past the role play. To me that was the hardest part just make sure to really tune yourself in, and you will do fine. I went in a few days later for my last interview and to sit wit a rep. I couldn't do everything In a day I picked a later time to come in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Be prepared to be there for at least 3-5 hours and be willing to answer a plethora of questions. To begin with, you have to do a phone interview that gives you the overall description about the job, how long the training will be, and what the salary is for the position. The position that I applied for starts at about $41,600 a month which I found to be much better than my current salary. After the phone interview I set up a time the following week to do the computer testing, interview and the mock job test. The computer test went fine as long as you are able to type quickly, listen and follow directions. Out of the three other people I did the testing with only one guy failed. We then sat down for about 15 minutes until we each were assigned to a hiring manager. We then went into private office rooms and were interviewed one on one. My hiring manager was very nice and made me feel as comfortable as possible. The interview questions were very thorough. More than once she asked me if I thought this was a job that would "fit me". But to be honest I won't know until I start training and working on the job. Ten minutes after then interview they said that I could move onto a mock job test. This was the worst part of the interview process. They give you 25 minutes to read over some directions about a fake real estate company and different processes for closing on houses, doing home repairs, etc. Then you begin to receive phone calls one after the other while scrambling to find the correct papers out of a stack of about 50 that are scattered over the table. It is extremely nerve wrecking and made me feel like I didn't do very well. I was polite, and did my absolute best. This wasn't fair because they throw you into this and then expect you to pass with flying colors.

Interview Questions

• Are there any other jobs that you have applied for? Why would you choose us over another job offer?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer. What did you do and what was the result?   1 Answer
    • Q: Why did you apply for this job? What do you think the role of this job is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

First you get a quick call over the phone asking you simple questions like "Why do you want to work for Geico. She also went over the salary & hours of work. She placed me on hold, Then I was asked to come in and take testing and for possible interview. I was scheduled to come in 2 weeks after the phone date. But I received a call 2 days later saying that I need to come in on the following Saturday since classes were being filled faster. 1. The first thing i had to do when I got there was wait to be called to take the online test. The test was timed for each section. The test was based on listening to customers. And also a speed typing test. (This test was not hard). I passed the test so i then could move on to the next process. 2. The next step was the facet to face interview, about 10-15 questions on your background etc...I passed that part and was then told I would move on to the next step. 3. This was the last step for me, I forgot the name of the test but it was very hard. I had to basically read over to pages in 25 minutes about a company then , my phone would ring and the person would act like a customer asking questions about their claims. I was confused and did not really know what to do, but i tried my best. I feel like it i was trained on this i could do better. Since Geico would be training me anyway to do the job. I also feel like the only way to pass this test was if you had experience in working with claims and insurance, which I never had. After this was over she asked me about 3 questions about what i had just done. She then said a hiring manager would contact me since it was a Saturday and they were not in. ( I knew at this point i did not get the job). I was glad that i made it as far as I did though. A couple of days later i then received my rejection email.

Interview Questions

• deductible question, why do you think you will be doing on this job? & situation based questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair here in Houston. I applied online, and interviewed the following week. I applied for a different position with Geico a year ago and did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember the exact questions. However, I do recall 95% of them being those that were posted on Glassdoor. Which helped me prepare for the interview. Have several examples, this is a behavioral type interview. Also will have to do a simulation. Be sure that during the simulation you take notes and also document things during the call.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. Follow STAR format when answering the interview questions. Majority of the questions are already listed by other people. Just remember to smile and do research about the company before you go on your interview.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Arrived at 7 for a 7:30 am interview. You can not enter the building until 7:30 so this was a waste of time. Computer test for typing proficiency and ability to multitask. The simulation is designed to overwhelm and see how an applicant handles pressure and ability to enter data accurately into a fake healthcare program from phone call and email transcriptions. This is timed. After passing (some in my group did not ) a supervisor brought me to sit with a liability claims rep for about an hour. They will explain their job and show you software you know nothing about. Everything will seem overwhelmingly foriegn. PAY ATTENTION TO WHATS GOING ON AS THEY WILL ASK YOU WHAT YOU LEARNED AND EXAMPLES OF THE TYPE OF CALLS THE REP HANDLED. Now the CHALLENGING part in my opinion is the interview. It lasted about 45 minutes and they asked many detailed situational questions. Have 3 or 4 stories of workplace success that show skills in problem solving, multi-tasking , and customer interaction. Be prepared to go into specific detail because they will make you elaborate and are fishing to see if you are full of crap . After the inquisition , if you do well, you will be asked to undergo another long interview with similar questions from the hiring manager, Your future main boss. Again be prepared to share specific work experience. emphasize problem solving, multi tasking, and being able to work in a fast paced call environment and you've got it. IF YOU DO NOT PREPARE FOR THIS INTERVIEW YOU WILL GET EATEN ALIVE.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you were asked to achieve a challenging goal in your prior work experience? How did you achieve this goal? Give an example of ... How would you handle a customer who ... etc.   1 Answer