GEICO

Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Service Representative Interview

Claims Service Representative
Macon, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GEICO in February 2013.

Interview Details – After filling out my application, I got a call with in about a week. The interview was tough, but definitely prepared me for my job. Everyone I spoke with throughout the day long process was very pleasant and nice

Interview Question – "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Liability Claims Representative
Macon, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GEICO in October 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process at GEICO was long and tedious. I arrived at 9am for a computer-based assessment. The assessment consisted of typing a paragraph as accurately and as fast as you could and a listening/data entry activity. The listening/ data entry activity consisted of listening to callers and filling in forms based on the callers needs. It sounds easy, but it can be frustrating when you have multiple callers calling at one time. However, that was the easy part of the process. If you pass that, you go on to the next part--the interview. The interview was weird. I was interviewed by a young lady with a tongue ring, who did not give me any eye contact. The questions all started off with, "Tell me a time when you..." This lasted for close to an hour, but it felt like eternity. Oh, and she typed all my answers, so all I heard was typing as I was answering her questions. Then, I had to wait for a long time before going to the next portion of the screening--roll call. That was hell. You're placed in a room by yourself. You're given about 20 minutes to read over all the documents. Once the 20 minutes are up, you have to answer fake calls, remembering all the information you read, while filling out the right forms, etc. You definitely need to be good at multitasking. That's the part that I did not pass, so I did not get the job. She told me that she liked me and that I did really well on the first two parts and that I could apply again in 6 months...yeah right. Too much work for something I'm not even passionate about.

Interview Question – What was unexpected was the fact that it wasn't a conversation but more so an interrogation. There was no eye contact. She typed everything I said, and all the questions started off with "Tell me a time when you..." I really had to think fast.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Macon, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in March 2009.

Interview Details – There is a pretty intense entry exam that test your multi-tasking skill as well as your error-free typing skills. There were 18 people that went in on the first interview day there and 4 passed, so its pretty intense. If you get pased that its just meeting with the manager and doing a shadow like sit with to see if you like the job.

Interview Question – The most difficault question was just related to the entry exam, everything else was simple in conparison.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I took what was offered as it was a good solid offer.

Very Easy Interview

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Macon, GA

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple. Completed application online. Received phone interview, and was invited to take assessments.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Distance

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Macon, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GEICO in February 2010.

Interview Details – The process moved really fast for me. I had a tough phone interview in which they asked me many questions about being hard-working and punctual. That's a big deal there. I didn't think I passed it. Then I got an offer for another interview about two days later. I had a role play and a manager grilled me in another interview. Pay close attention to the current workers when you sit with one. Ask them about the job. If you ask the right questions, you'll see the true work environment. The company can sometimes show a glossier version of the work than the truth. Before you apply, know the daily workings of a call center. It is not an easy or fun work environment.

Interview Question – They asked about your work schedule preferences. I advise you to be honest. I told them I would not work on Sunday. I never had to. i was grilled about my willingness to work on Saturday. Be prepared to answer honestly about that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations.

Supervisor Leadership Program Interview

Supervisor Leadership Program
Macon, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – The phone interview is all bout leadership potential. Make sure you're prepared to talk about leadership experiences you've had and your thoughts/approaches to leadership. Customer service experience is important here too. Have a good story for dealing with an upset customer.

Interview Question – Favorite and least favorite parts of being a leader.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Atlanta > Macon

Emergency Roadside Service Dispatcher Interview

Emergency Roadside Service Dispatcher
Macon, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process is not hard. You start by taking a computer based test. The test is not hard just put the appropriate information in the right fields. Then try to type a paragraph word for word. Next you will talk to an interviewer who will ask you situational questions. Stay calm and be as specific as possible when answering the questions.

Interview Question – The questions I was asked were fairly basic situational questions. The interviewer is trying to see how you think and whether or not you can possibly do the job.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Macon, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at GEICO in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for a position in sales and received a call about an hour later and did a very short phone interview (what is your state lisence number, what are you expecting to make an hour, etc...) and set a time to come in for a one on one interview. The first part of the interview was a typing test, followed by a questionare that basically gauges your morality and work ethics. When I passed those two things I was called in for a brief one on one interview where I stated my previous work expirience and why I wanted to work for Geico. After that there was a role playing interview. That did not go so well for me. The lady who was assigned to me said that I was too nice and not pushy enough for sales (even though I already had my state lisence and had been selling personal insurance for over a year) and she thought I would be better suited to customer service. May I just say that selling insurance (something people are legally required to have) is a little different from selling overpriced car washes (something no one really needs) and I think the role playing part of the interview should be a little more realistic. She offered me a position, but the only openning was working nights, which is apparently pretty standard for first time hires with Geico, so I declined.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself with Geico in 5 years?
(I believe Geico has a pretty high turnover rate, which is probably why they are hiring ALL THE TIME. So this question threw me off. I found out later that the longer you have stayed at the same job previously, the more they want you.)
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The Geico office was 45 minutes from my house and I did not want to work nights that far away.

Claims Supervisor Interview

Claims Supervisor
Macon, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – You apply, then are called in for a pre-screening interview. They then give you a typing skills test, then a personality test. There is then a role play, depending on what job you are aplying for. if all of this is passed, then you go on to another interview with the department in question, where the hiring decision is made,

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Liability Claims Representative
Macon, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GEICO in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview took approximately five hours to complete. It began with a computer assessment, then moved to situational questions, and finally a "job simulation". The questions throughout were standard interview questions and were not that difficult to answer.

The situational question portion was mentally tiring due to its length.

Interview Question – Situational q&a was mentally tiring. ~1.5 hours during that part.   Answer Question