GEICO

3.2

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO in August 2013.

Very simple. Completed application online. Received phone interview, and was invited to take assessments.

Distance

Emergency Roadside Service Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in July 2013.

Interview process is not hard. You start by taking a computer based test. The test is not hard just put the appropriate information in the right fields. Then try to type a paragraph word for word. Next you will talk to an interviewer who will ask you situational questions. Stay calm and be as specific as possible when answering the questions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions I was asked were fairly basic situational questions. The interviewer is trying to see how you think and whether or not you can possibly do the job.   View Answer

Claims Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

You apply, then are called in for a pre-screening interview. They then give you a typing skills test, then a personality test. There is then a role play, depending on what job you are aplying for. if all of this is passed, then you go on to another interview with the department in question, where the hiring decision is made,

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO in March 2013.

The interview took approximately five hours to complete. It began with a computer assessment, then moved to situational questions, and finally a "job simulation". The questions throughout were standard interview questions and were not that difficult to answer.

The situational question portion was mentally tiring due to its length.

Interview Questions
    • Situational q&a was mentally tiring. ~1.5 hours during that part.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at GEICO in February 2013.

2nd time applying for position with Macon office. First time (Jan '12) applying, I was employed: on-line application, 15 mins phone interview, offered to do on-site interview. On-site: took computer based test (CBT) call center scenarios, filled-out paperwork, 1:1 interview. Interviewer was not too friendly, seem to be just going through the process. Standard questions asked, interview lasted 45 min, received e-mail 30 min after interview stating offer not given and they like to organically grow management from within (odd, I didn't applied for a management position). Reapply Feb '13, this time I'm unemployed: same process but no CBT but asked to do personality test on-line, 10 minutes phone interview (interviewer explained work hours, training schedules, hourly wages), offered to do on-site interview but no need to do CBT due to high score from first time. On-site 1:1 interview: interviewer was very friendly, lasted 30-35 mins, questions asked about job history/experiences, Geico call center situation scenarios and claims team goals situation questions. Interviewer stated I would be forward to management hiring team for consideration approximately 1 week later, since they were starting training session the following week after notifications. Received call 6 days later, indicated not selected more applicant meeting needs of position from existing database. Encouraged to reapply 6 months later (what would change from the previous two denies).

Interview Questions
    • Customer receive notification of cancellation of policy due to late payment; payment was made but not process due wrong account payment numbers. How would you handle customer?   View Answer

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO in February 2013.

After filling out my application, I got a call with in about a week. The interview was tough, but definitely prepared me for my job. Everyone I spoke with throughout the day long process was very pleasant and nice

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

There was a computer test which I did very poorly on, yet still was further tested for personality and must have done alright. Then you were interviewed briefly. Then there was a phone sales test where people called in pretending to be interested in a service you were suppose to try to sell. They give you 15 minutes to study on the pretend company and their products and the caller is a employee reading a script. It was easy. Then I was taken up to the sales floor and shadowed a sales agent for several calls to see what it would be like. I then was interviewed by a lovely person who offered me a job and carefully went over expectations, salary, benefits and schedule choices with me. Immediately went to the nurse for hair snip drug test. Very efficient process with great people.

Interview Questions
    • The computer test was confusing and difficult but they kept saying before we took the test we would not do well on it and to not let it worry us.   View Answer
    They made a good offer immediately and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in April 2012.

Geico is a load of crap. They have a high turnover not b/c the don't hire qualified people but b/c the treat them like crap when they get there. I went in for testing and did not pass I have a college degree and working on a masters why do I need to test for the job. People suffer from test anxiety I can't teach my self the insurance business in 500 secs (that's how long the give you to learn a system). Make sure you learn how the system works.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GEICO in April 2012.

I applied online for a position in sales and received a call about an hour later and did a very short phone interview (what is your state lisence number, what are you expecting to make an hour, etc...) and set a time to come in for a one on one interview. The first part of the interview was a typing test, followed by a questionare that basically gauges your morality and work ethics. When I passed those two things I was called in for a brief one on one interview where I stated my previous work expirience and why I wanted to work for Geico. After that there was a role playing interview. That did not go so well for me. The lady who was assigned to me said that I was too nice and not pushy enough for sales (even though I already had my state lisence and had been selling personal insurance for over a year) and she thought I would be better suited to customer service. May I just say that selling insurance (something people are legally required to have) is a little different from selling overpriced car washes (something no one really needs) and I think the role playing part of the interview should be a little more realistic. She offered me a position, but the only openning was working nights, which is apparently pretty standard for first time hires with Geico, so I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself with Geico in 5 years?
      (I believe Geico has a pretty high turnover rate, which is probably why they are hiring ALL THE TIME. So this question threw me off. I found out later that the longer you have stayed at the same job previously, the more they want you.)

Answer Question

The Geico office was 45 minutes from my house and I did not want to work nights that far away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEICO in April 2012.

I was contacted almost immediately after applying online for a GEICO position. The phone interview was brief, really just informing me about the interview and hiring process and some of their policies. They scheduled me for an on-site interview for 2 days later- even at the time, it was clear that they were trying to rush the process, even though the start date was not until July. I was told that I would take some tests at each level as I advanced through the process, and they mentioned background and drug testing, but did not state that I would be drug tested that afternoon. After reading reviews on glassdoor about GEICO and the hiring process, I decided not to attend the interview. I would not have passed the HAIR TEST (though I could have passed a urine test) and found it absurd that they would require such an invasive measure before even offering me a call-center position.

Interview Questions
    • GEICO has a 90 day review period. You cannot be more than 5 minutes late during this time or you will be terminated. Do you think you can be at work on time every morning?   View Answers (2)