GEICO Interview Questions in Macon, GA

Updated Aug 30, 2015

3.1

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via phone and asked some general questions about my educational background and specific classes I had taken. I was asked to upload my transcript and cover letter to the GEICO career website. I was then contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. I spoke with the recruiter on the phone for about an hour and was happy with my experience. I was told that they would notify me if I would be moving on the hiring process with in a few days. I was then notified a few days later that I would not be moving forward. I believe that I was not chosen because I told the recruiter that I was most interested in auto damage and she said that they had plenty of employees in auto damage. The job ad was for MDP in Claims. I told them that claims was my second choice.

Interview Questions

• They ask about which business segment you are most interested in. Make sure to have a first and second choice. Also be able to explain why you are interested in that business segment.   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Interview

Applied and immediately received an email requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was very standard, and was informed immediately that a lack of experience would cause my consideration to be terminated.

Interview Questions

• No out-of-the-blue surprising questions, but the interviewer was difficult to understand at times (due to an accent).   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview:Applications question repeated Testing- easy. You have to be really computer illiterate in order to fail Face 2 Face-Nothing out of the ordinary. Mock Call- hardest aspect. they say you dont need customer service but you do

Part Time Billing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is a 5-stage process and is fairly elaborate. Qualified candidates can expect to spend 5-7 hours in a rapidly thinning lobby and various other rooms before they receive an offer. -Preliminary stage is a phone interview. It's difficult to fail this portion. It's mostly to make sure you're an eloquent speaker and you meet their minimum requirements. Also, serves to schedule a real interview date. -First stage is a two-part computer literacy test and then a personality test. Part 1: listen to a pre-recorded voicemail or email, then navigate multiple windows/tabs and type relevant account info (no predictable order). Part 2: Standard WPM timed typing. Any millennials should have no problem with this portion. Part 3: Personality test. "Do you like to be the center of attention?" Stuff like that. -Second Stage is a face-to-face interview. 70% of the questions were regarding "How would you handle an upset customer?" A few others "Why do you want to leave your current job?" "What skills have prepared you for this job?" If you pass the interview, you move on. -Third Stage is a mock phone scenario where you have to role play the phone center environment. You are given 20 minutes to familiarize yourself with a fictitious insurance company and it's policies. Skim the pages and HIGHLIGHT relevant phrases, you have no chance of memorizing everything! That way you can reference them quickly during your phone call. Remember the broad strokes and refer to highlights seamlessly during phone call. Your interviewers may take up phony accents and bad attitudes in an attempt to throw you off. If you lose your train of thought, salvage the situation by saying "allow me a brief moment to review your account information" instead of saying ummm or uhhhh. Remember, try to close the deal on promotions (don't just offer it). Let the customer know how valuable the service is (it pays for itself based off your claims history) and never let them cancel their service without a trying to turn them around. -Fourth stage is just a shadowing portion, where you listen in on an actual employee make live calls. Relax, get to know the gist of things and see if the job appears enjoyable to you or not. -Fifth and final stage is a face to face interview. You're not out of the woods yet, this is an actual interview by the person who actually hires you. Between studying the day before and everything you've learned over these long 7 hours, you should easily be able to craft targeted answers to ace the final interview. Key concepts for applying with this job: Multitasking is huge. Fast paced. Unwavering professionalism regarding upset customers. GEICO loves a great attitude.

Interview Questions

• "How would you handle an upset customer?"   1 Answer

ERS Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

You submit application, testing ( personality test, typing test and multitasking test), shadowing, and simulation, and than final interview

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals? ( Its a little hard asking those types of question when you really do not know what career paths they have available at the company )   1 Answer

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

The hiring process at GEICO was long and tedious. I arrived at 9am for a computer-based assessment. The assessment consisted of typing a paragraph as accurately and as fast as you could and a listening/data entry activity. The listening/ data entry activity consisted of listening to callers and filling in forms based on the callers needs. It sounds easy, but it can be frustrating when you have multiple callers calling at one time. However, that was the easy part of the process. If you pass that, you go on to the next part--the interview. The interview was weird. I was interviewed by a young lady with a tongue ring, who did not give me any eye contact. The questions all started off with, "Tell me a time when you..." This lasted for close to an hour, but it felt like eternity. Oh, and she typed all my answers, so all I heard was typing as I was answering her questions. Then, I had to wait for a long time before going to the next portion of the screening--roll call. That was hell. You're placed in a room by yourself. You're given about 20 minutes to read over all the documents. Once the 20 minutes are up, you have to answer fake calls, remembering all the information you read, while filling out the right forms, etc. You definitely need to be good at multitasking. That's the part that I did not pass, so I did not get the job. She told me that she liked me and that I did really well on the first two parts and that I could apply again in 6 months...yeah right. Too much work for something I'm not even passionate about.

Interview Questions

• What was unexpected was the fact that it wasn't a conversation but more so an interrogation. There was no eye contact. She typed everything I said, and all the questions started off with "Tell me a time when you..." I really had to think fast.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied on the Geico website. A couple of days later, I received a phone call from one of their HR representatives who did an informal telephone interview. Explained the pay, job responsibilities and a little about the company. After asking if I were interested in speaking further, I was invited to come in and go through their testing. The testing is ridiculous and I described it as an episode of Survivor. First, there was a typing test. If you have a decent typing speed and can multi-task, these tests are a breeze, really they are. It was a standard typing test where you just type a block of text. When it's done, someone comes in and calls names to take them out of the room. Those people didn't pass the test and are allowed to go home. Those who do pass go into another part of the test. There were tests that tested your ability to listen and type at the same time, enter information into the correct database. After each test, the person comes into the room, calls more names, have them leave and then another set of tests. If you pass all those tests (all are on a computer), then you're invited to speak 1 on 1 to an HR representative where they ask you MORE questions about yourself, about your experiences and how you relate to others. They tell you about the position, the rate of pay, their expectations, benefits, hours, scheduling. I can say this, they are VERY thorough. They also give you the opportunity to ask questions of them. If that goes well, then they ask you to do some role play where you take calls from (them) irate customers, follow a script of information and see how well you are at documenting calls and resolving problems. Your HR rep is making all of the phone calls and they attempt to use different accents and different temperaments to throw you off. Unfortunately, I'm in the deep south. Their accents all sound southern to me (I'm from the west coast originally). If that goes well, then they invite you to speak to a supervisor in the department and spend some time listening to actual phone calls. This was to me the best part of the interview process because you get to see what the phone calls are actually like, and what their employee actually has to do from beginning to end (taking calls, using different screens, documenting as you go along, etc.). I think I may have spent about 2 hours in this portion. I rather enjoyed it and it didn't seem that long. If you're successful (or not) in that process of speaking to a supervisor and then giving them a good impression of what you've learned and noticed by shadowing their employee, an offer is made. The entire process is somewhere between 8 and 10 hours and I was a former government employee. It cumulatively didn't take me that long to get a job where my base pay was double. It's too long just to work for an insurance company.

The biggest reason I declined was because on their website, they offer varying available shifts and I was interested in specifically two of them (a 4/10 shift and a day shift). Those shifts I found out at the end of the process by the supervisor are not available to new hires. They are examples of shifts that people work, but you have to earn those coveted spots. Everyone starts late afternoon or early evening and 2 consecutive days off is almost an anomaly. When I mentioned to the HR rep that those 2 shifts that I saw on the website were those that I was interested in because of the distance and road conditions (very little street lighting in the area) she indicated that it wouldn't be a problem, that I should just mention it to the supervisor of the floor. When I mentioned it to the supervisor of the floor, she told me emphatically that it was NOT happening. You bid on those shifts after a period of time once they become available. When they would become available is anyone's guess. Also, they had a list of start dates of their training classes. When I indicated to the HR rep what date I was interested in starting, she indicated no problem. The supervisor decided that she was going to start people regardless of their preference of what was advertised, but just fill up the classes and move on. The problem with that is they require 100% attendance during training and I had some tremendously important things going on between the beginning of the next class and the beginning of the class after that that could not be changed (purchasing property, scheduling closing and moving, a trip and a trip back home for some other reasons). In essence, they're bringing people in by advertising something that really isn't available.

Supervisor Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

The phone interview is all bout leadership potential. Make sure you're prepared to talk about leadership experiences you've had and your thoughts/approaches to leadership. Customer service experience is important here too. Have a good story for dealing with an upset customer.

Atlanta > Macon

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very long and several different steps to get hired. My interview process was from 8AM-4P. I did typing test, personality test, role play, one on one interview with HR, job shadow, then one on one interview with hiring manager from the department.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very simple. Completed application online. Received phone interview, and was invited to take assessments.

Distance