GEICO

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Farmingdale, NY

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO in March 2013.

Interview Details – I received a phone interview which lasted over an hour. I had several e-mail correspondences prior to the phone interview. They requested references, a copy of my college transcript and resume.

Interview Question – For every question they were asking me to be more specific, to a point beyond what I felt was appropriate. i spoke to a friend who had a similar experience during a GEICO in-person interview. Reflecting on this I think it was a test of patience.   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in June 2013.

Interview Details – The initial contact was made during a virtual career fair. Within a few days I was contacted by email asking for a phone interview. The initial (pre-screening) interview was pretty basic. She pretty much just verified my resume and asked about relocation, interest, etc. I was then emailed an invite to “interview” via webcam. I would not call it a true interview because there was no one on the other end. You have a minute to read the question and then 3 minutes to respond. The interview questions were behavioral in nature and nothing too perplexing, but the experience was a little unnerving even for someone who has regularly participated webinars. This is mainly because it’s not a webinar, but a single take video. I did not advance further in the process

Interview Question – Name 3 things you like most about your home town and why?   View Answer

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – submitted application online-was called to set up phone interview-phone interview asked basic questions and focused mainly on customer service experiences

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GEICO in November 2012.

Interview Details – After filling out the application on the website I got a call from a recruiter within a week. That first call was basically to make sure that i fit the bare minimum requirements for the job, like bachelors degree, willing to move/already live in the right city, etc. Then she set up a longer more in depth phone interview that lasted about an hour and asked typical interview questions like, "tell me a time......." type of questions. After that she invited me to an all day interview at the job site.

You can do these next steps over multiple days, but I had limited time and did them all in one. In the morning is the computer test where you input peoples name, expiration date, policy, and other things into the computer. This test is pretty easy. It does get pretty hectic towards the end, but just stay calm and remember to input as much as you can and you will do fine! Its just meant to show you know how to listen and input information where you should. Its not supposed to be that difficult.

Then after that you do a sales test. You go into a room they give you a pamphlet, mine was on a car wash that comes to you, and then your interviewer goes and calls you pretending to be a customer and you have to sell them the car wash. This is pretty tough if you are new to sales, but you have to be good at sales to get the job!

Once you pass that you go on to a 1:1 interview with someone that currently holds your job. Sadly, that is where my day ended, although I know there were more steps in the interview process I was not invited to.

Interview Question – Selling the car wash to a family of four with four different cars.   Answer Question

Woodbury, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO in December 2008.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on campus. Asked about my grades and the classes I'm taking. I was called for a site interview and took online tests (task management) to see if I was a good fit for the Sales department. You are told right there if you passed the tests. If not, you will not be asked for any further interviews. Then I interviewed with several people in HR and the Sales department. I also sent an hour with a Sales agent.

Interview Question – After reviewing a company profile. I was asked to sell their services.   View Answer

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!