GEICO Product Management Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Linkedin. That same day I received an email from a GEICO recruiter asking me to send another copy of my resume as well as complete the job application again on the GEICO website. In the email the recruiter also included some basic HR questions such as (what is your desired salary range, would you be willing to relocate etc..). After this step I was sent a questionnaire with similar phone interview style questions plus some atypical questions (ex: what was your SAT score with a breakdown of each section). I was also asked for yet another copy of my resume, as if the first two I sent them were just ignored, as well as my transcript, and cover letter. After not hearing back for some time I was contacted saying that I needed to be scheduled for a 2 hour analytical test. The test is excel based, but mainly tests on insurance knowledge and problem solving. On the morning of my test day I was not emailed a copy of my test at the scheduled time. I emailed my recruiter and received an automatic reply saying that they were out of the office with no access to email or phone. I had to reach out to someone else in the HR department who finally emailed me the test about 45mins later than the scheduled time. After completing the test and sending it back I didn't even get a reply saying that it had been received. About a week later I received a call out of the blue asking to set up a phone interview the next day. The HR person told me they would send an email to schedule it. I never received a follow up email. The next morning I was sent an email that said I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• How does your past experience relate to the job you have applied for?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Product Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GEICO in June 2015.

Interview

Study growth rates , study growth rates, SQL and know excel ! I was giving a questionnaire form instead of a phone screen. The excel test caught me by complete surprise! You only giving two hours to complete. It's a either you know or you don't ! So just take time and read the description and know excel!

Interview Questions

• How many years does it take geico to gain market share from all state?   Answer Question

Product Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

My advice to future candidates: Study growth rates and problems using compound interest and interest rates. Study the various insurance ratios. Thoroughly explain why you chose your answers. Refresh your memory on percentage problems and calculations. I made it up to the Excel assessment and was completely caught off-guard. I am still a student and wasn't completely set on my decisions to work for Geico, so I didn't put forth as much effort; rather did it for the interview experience. But if you want to work for Geico, the test is very important to them...

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Multiple Stages but moves fast. Had to send my Resume, unofficial transcript, SAT or ACT scores and then fill out their questionnaire. After that I had a analytical test to take which was pretty challenging followed by a phone interview. Finally, I had multiple face to face interviews with employees in various positions in the company at their headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you used analytical skills to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD).

Interview

Applied through college recruiting and was asked to take a questionnaire regarding various background experiences and project based questions. A couple of days later I was asked to take an assessment given through Excel. You were given two hours to complete this, and there were some insurance related questions, in which I had no prior experience with. Almost immediately after completing the assessment I was invited to talk with a current PMA. It was mostly behavioral and wouldn't worry too much about this round. About 3 or 4 days later I was emailed for an invitation for a final round at their HQ. I would highly highly recommend that you literally research everything about GEICO because they will ask you about the most random history of the company. Like literally, if you actually want this you need to be able to spit out random and useless facts which in my opinion was really dumb. During the actual on site interview I had 4 interviews with a lunch in the cafeteria with current analysts. One of the interviews you have a manager that goes over the assessment with you in detail. LISTEN AND TAKE NOTES. Because in another interview they WILL ask you questions regarding insurance terms. Next you will have an interview with two VP's within Product Management. This is what really turned me off and when one person wanted the most minute details regarding GEICO which was really unnecessary. In addition she was really unprofessional and mean when I didn't have the level of detail she wanted to hear and immediately told me I didn't get the position. Thus I felt that much of my day was wasted and even if it had gone well, I would never in a million years have took it because of her unprofessional actions.

Interview Questions

• Just research the company. Additionally they expect you to know insurance terms which was not communicated forth to me.   Answer Question

Product Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by e-mail to fill out a survey form. The survey form basically asked about availability, past experiences, what skills you have, etc. I think it might have replaced a phone screening. About a week and a half after sending in the survey I had to do an Excel test for analytical skills. Some of the questions were very specific insurance questions that I had no way of knowing, I could have been informed that I would need insurance specific questions. Still got a phone interview with someone with the PMA position after completing the test. Still mostly behavioral type questions, asked a few different ones about leadership and working in teams type stuff, more so than analytical questions. About a week after the interview I was notified by e-mail I was no longer in the application process.

Interview Questions

• Had to know about some ratios used in insurance and how to use them to analyze situations.   Answer Question

Product Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Submitted my resume, cover letter, and transcript through my college career website. They sent me an analytical test that was highly specific. After a week, they told me they wanted to schedule a phone interview. Asked basic interview questions and behavioral questions. After a couple of days they asked me to fly out to HQs. On-site interview was terrible. The representative from HR forgot that I was arriving, and I had to wait for 30 minutes. 4/7 people I spoke to that day were unhygienic, greasy analysts who lacked social skills. One person asked me where else I was applying. I said PwC, Accenture, and Goldman - she said she had never heard of those companies. These guys live in their own GEICO bubble, so heads up that you might get sucked into this culture. Study the PMA test really well (memorize it) and understand all of the insurance terms even if you really want this job.

Interview Questions

• How would you know if the hybrid discount you previously enacted was successful or not? (They're looking for you to talk about metrics used in the PMA test)   Answer Question

Product Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair. First round I filled out a few behavioral interview questions (I think this was a substitute for a phone screen interview), Next, I took an analytical test. I never received confirmation that they received it, and it took them 2+ weeks to inform me that I wouldn't move to the next round.

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

I was scheduled for an initial phone screening/ interview at winter/ spring career fair. I then had another phone interview. Then I was invited onsite for a final interview. Day long interview schedule. The interview day had five interviews with a total of seven people. GEICO provided lunch at their substantial cafeteria. I heard back quickly.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had multiple projects to work on at once, and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied through my college recruiting website. Friendly HR rep set me up with a phone interview with someone in the actual department I would be working in. This person was very cold and it seemed like she thought I was wasting my time. Also, she forgot about the interview, had to have it rescheduled. Terrible experience overall

Interview Questions

• Certain questions on the skills test were difficult, but not most   Answer Question