GEICO Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY).

Interview

Applied online at geico.com. Got an email the following day to schedule my phone interview for the following Monday. Phone interview seems very rushed. A recruiter will ask you a series of questions about your resume and explain about the job and its benefits. If the recruiter feels like you are a good match they will set you up for in person testing for the position you applied for.

It's pretty much a test to see how you would do with using the computer systems if you are hired. I Passed the test and was asked to wait for the next HR manager to become available to interview me. When I finally got into the HR office, the manager also asked a series of questions. The HR manager spent about 15 minutes asking me questions that she read off of a computer screen. Questions were asking about how you would handle or have handled certain scenarios in the workplace. She will then record your answers. After she finished asking me all of the questions, I was told that she would submit it to what to me seemed like some imaginary hiring managers department for review. Instead of just letting me know that I wasn't right for the position.

Overall the interview process seems like a big test. The recruiters don't take the time to actually get to know you, but rather they ask you questions off of a computer screen making them sound like a bunch of robots. This is supposedly rated one of the best companies to work for, yet this is the best they could come up with as a hiring process? I'll take my degree somewhere else and work for a company that I know will actually value you as a person and not just look at you as some applicant. Actually glad I didn't get the position. Thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Long stupid questions that you're expected to come up with an answer to within a couple of seconds.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Long process, repetitive questions, role play. You have to make sales and shadow other workers. The process took close to 6 hours. I have Passed all the requirements and now waiting for a call back. Im pretty sure i didnt get it, but good luck.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a long one, but if you're right for the job then it runs very smoothly. It starts off with a standard phone interview just so they can get an idea of your current lifestyle and what you're looking for in the position. Next is the computer testing at the Geico site, fairly simple if you can type at a moderate to fast speed. Next is the in person interview with an HR representative. If you succeed at this stage, you move on to meeting with managers.

Interview Questions

• Questions varied: what can you bring to the table, what experience do you have, how long do you see yourself being on the phones, etc. They ask you questions to see if you're willing to stay with the company for a long time because they invest a lot of money in the people they hire. I would only consider it difficult because the interviewers are hard to read at times. If you want the job, you better make it seem like you'll stay for years even if you don't want to.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I filled out the application online and received an email the next day asking me to schedule a phone interview.The interviewer called promptly at my scheduled time. She asked a couple basic questions and about my availability. I ultimately withdrew my application because of the requirement of employees to work weekends, two major holidays, and hours that can be anywhere from 6am- midnight. I just wasn't willing to sacrifice that much time with my family.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY).

Interview

I applied online , then phone interview , question like how did you hear about postion, I got like question about my education, how long do you want to work at geico, y u have gap on resume then I asked interview in person first did typing not hard just stay calm don't worry about first then second interview a lot of questions y u want work here tell a time you had deal with negative customers how u deal with feed back from management .. next role playing . Just ask for sell always don't tell no for answer keep pushing for the sell but stay positive and happy .. I have go back for shawding part and interviews with hiring manager .. I hope it goes well its long process

Interview Questions

• why you want to work here

how long you want to work here .. always say long time ..

1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Long process phone interview in person interview role play then interview with management drug test typing test The role-play they gave you a company a car wash and you had to sell it to the person on the other line they call you three times just make sure you always ask for the sale

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process is long and tedious. If you make it to the end, plan on being there for about 5-6 hours. First there is the phone interview that is really basic. Then there is the computer test, which is basically gauging how well you handle stress and how well you multi-task and type. Then you have the f2f interview with the initial interviewer, do your research on the company and the position you are applying for so you can cater you answers to their needs. They will basically ask you the usual questions, i.e. "Why did you chose Geico?" "Why this position?" "How long could you see yourself working here?" etc. Then they have you do a role playing test, which tests out how well you can sell a product and how good your people skills are. If you make it past all of this, they will have you shadow someone-which you need to pay attention, because they will ask you about what you heard. The last step is having the f2f interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions just over prepare and practice your answers and be happy and jovial and relaxed when you go in.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, face to face interview that consists of a multitalking/typing test, personality assessment, face to face interview, sales role play, job shadow with a sales rep and another interview with a sales manager.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Initial phone screening - Typing, personality, and multitasking computer tests. - Interview with HR rep - Role playing with HR Rep - Shadow someone in that position - Finally an interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Be sure to ask for the sale in the role playing and be able to overcome objections.   Answer Question

Low pay. Don't expect any bonuses in your first year.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

They first call you and give you a phone interview that asks you about generals and asks you a situational question. They then ask you why you would think you are eligible for a job with them. They give you specifics about the position and then If you pass the first part they'll schedule a in person interview.

The second part includes a computer test that puts you in a simulated sales position including several different situations where people call you and you get emails. You also get a Typing test. If you pass this part (which takes about an hour) they'll interview you in person for about 30 minutes. Ask you specific questions about previous jobs.

The third part is role playing. They give you information on a fake company and then you have to receive calls and try to sell. This is by far the most difficult part since they throw you everything.

After that they'll email you with the result.