GEICO Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.9

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

I filled out the application online and received an email the next day asking me to schedule a phone interview.The interviewer called promptly at my scheduled time. She asked a couple basic questions and about my availability. I ultimately withdrew my application because of the requirement of employees to work weekends, two major holidays, and hours that can be anywhere from 6am- midnight. I just wasn't willing to sacrifice that much time with my family.

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

I applied online , then phone interview , question like how did you hear about postion, I got like question about my education, how long do you want to work at geico, y u have gap on resume then I asked interview in person first did typing not hard just stay calm don't worry about first then second interview a lot of questions y u want work here tell a time you had deal with negative customers how u deal with feed back from management .. next role playing . Just ask for sell always don't tell no for answer keep pushing for the sell but stay positive and happy .. I have go back for shawding part and interviews with hiring manager .. I hope it goes well its long process

Interview Questions
    • why you want to work here

how long you want to work here .. always say long time ..
        View Answer
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in August 2014.

The interview process is long and tedious. If you make it to the end, plan on being there for about 5-6 hours. First there is the phone interview that is really basic. Then there is the computer test, which is basically gauging how well you handle stress and how well you multi-task and type. Then you have the f2f interview with the initial interviewer, do your research on the company and the position you are applying for so you can cater you answers to their needs. They will basically ask you the usual questions, i.e. "Why did you chose Geico?" "Why this position?" "How long could you see yourself working here?" etc. Then they have you do a role playing test, which tests out how well you can sell a product and how good your people skills are. If you make it past all of this, they will have you shadow someone-which you need to pay attention, because they will ask you about what you heard. The last step is having the f2f interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions just over prepare and practice your answers and be happy and jovial and relaxed when you go in.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Online application, phone interview, face to face interview that consists of a multitalking/typing test, personality assessment, face to face interview, sales role play, job shadow with a sales rep and another interview with a sales manager.

Sales Representative Interview

Initial phone screening - Typing, personality, and multitasking computer tests. - Interview with HR rep - Role playing with HR Rep - Shadow someone in that position - Finally an interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to ask for the sale in the role playing and be able to overcome objections.   Answer Question

Low pay. Don't expect any bonuses in your first year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

I initially applied for customer service rep and upon arriving to my interview (after a phone call/screening) I was advised to continue my interview for a sales position based on my experience and GPA. First they put you in a computer lab to take an hour long typing and skills test. It is basic and pretty easy if you have experience on the computer. Then I sat down with someone from HR and they asked me why I was a good fit, what my qualities are, what leadership positions I have held, etc. Very basic interview questions for the most part. Then they had me do a role play and I had to make a sale to a person calling in to a fake company three times in a row. The gentleman told me I had passed afterwards and that I would hear back from him shortly. I got called for a second interview a week laster and I will be attending it tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to make a difficult sale and how you managed to sell the product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

They first call you and give you a phone interview that asks you about generals and asks you a situational question. They then ask you why you would think you are eligible for a job with them. They give you specifics about the position and then If you pass the first part they'll schedule a in person interview.

The second part includes a computer test that puts you in a simulated sales position including several different situations where people call you and you get emails. You also get a Typing test. If you pass this part (which takes about an hour) they'll interview you in person for about 30 minutes. Ask you specific questions about previous jobs.

The third part is role playing. They give you information on a fake company and then you have to receive calls and try to sell. This is by far the most difficult part since they throw you everything.

After that they'll email you with the result.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in March 2014.

The interview was really long. I was in there for 5 hours. They tell this over the phone in the fire interview. Then they have you sit down and do typing test. Then they you do a mock call tutorial then you do a mock call with an interviewer. Basically you show them that you can ask for the sale and overcome objections.then they do another interview when they ask you about your resume. Basically they ask you STAR questions. Then you listen to calls for an hour with an agent then you get your final interview with the manager and they basically ask you star questions again.

Interview Questions
    • It was not a difficult process. Basically if you aren't afraid to ask for the sale and you can type you will do fine.   Answer Question
    I negotiated my salary because i had sale experience but no college degree. I only got a 500 dollar raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in March 2014.

Started with phone interview. Then scheduled a computer skills test. Then one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions that had to do with "describe a specific time".   View Answer

Found another career opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GEICO in September 2013.

I did a lenghty applicaiton online which had some questions tied into it. Afterwards I was contacted to setup a phone interview. I was called by a gentlemen who was extremely nice. He asked me about my working history and education, typical interview questions.
    After that I went in for computer testing on a Saturday, which is not something that I have been able to do with other jobs (most only offer weekdays). The staff in the afternoon was excellent. I went thru a face to face interview after that and some skills testing. Finally I was asked to go for a face to face interview with a member of management. Before I did that I sat with someone actually doing the job, which was great to actually see the job one on one. The hiring staff made it a pretty simple process.

Interview Questions
    There was not a negotiation phase.