GEICO

Average Difficulty
44 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in July 2011.

Interview Details – First was a phone interview. Then they will call you in for 2 more. I was there for 8 hours so be prepared. I was getting hungry and I didn't want to ask for a break. Bring a snack.

Interview Question – Why do you want to sell Insurance?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They said you will get X amount and then i said OK. I knew my selling skills would make up for the low starting rate. For this position there really isnt much room for negotiation.

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Online application, phone interview, face to face interview that consists of a multitalking/typing test, personality assessment, face to face interview, sales role play, job shadow with a sales rep and another interview with a sales manager.

Interview Question – Explain a specific time that (insert something here)   Answer Question

Poway, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details – They first call you and give you a phone interview that asks you about generals and asks you a situational question. They then ask you why you would think you are eligible for a job with them. They give you specifics about the position and then If you pass the first part they'll schedule a in person interview.

The second part includes a computer test that puts you in a simulated sales position including several different situations where people call you and you get emails. You also get a Typing test. If you pass this part (which takes about an hour) they'll interview you in person for about 30 minutes. Ask you specific questions about previous jobs.

The third part is role playing. They give you information on a fake company and then you have to receive calls and try to sell. This is by far the most difficult part since they throw you everything.

After that they'll email you with the result.

Interview Question – Role playing is by far the most difficult part.   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details – I initially applied for customer service rep and upon arriving to my interview (after a phone call/screening) I was advised to continue my interview for a sales position based on my experience and GPA. First they put you in a computer lab to take an hour long typing and skills test. It is basic and pretty easy if you have experience on the computer. Then I sat down with someone from HR and they asked me why I was a good fit, what my qualities are, what leadership positions I have held, etc. Very basic interview questions for the most part. Then they had me do a role play and I had to make a sale to a person calling in to a fake company three times in a row. The gentleman told me I had passed afterwards and that I would hear back from him shortly. I got called for a second interview a week laster and I will be attending it tomorrow.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to make a difficult sale and how you managed to sell the product.   Answer Question

Interviewed at GEICO

Interview Details – Initial phone screening - Typing, personality, and multitasking computer tests. - Interview with HR rep - Role playing with HR Rep - Shadow someone in that position - Finally an interview with a manager.

Interview Question – Be sure to ask for the sale in the role playing and be able to overcome objections.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low pay. Don't expect any bonuses in your first year.

Carmel, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in March 2014.

Interview Details – Started with phone interview. Then scheduled a computer skills test. Then one on one interview.

Interview Question – Questions that had to do with "describe a specific time".   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Found another career opportunity.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and received call back a couple of weeks later to set up interview. Initial Interview had typing test, then face to face interview followed by sales role play. Mine was all done on the same day.

Interview Question – Not really difficult questions. However, I did not expect role play. But, that was not bad at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just signed paper work got drug test pretty straight forward.

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GEICO in September 2013.

Interview Details – I did a lenghty applicaiton online which had some questions tied into it. Afterwards I was contacted to setup a phone interview. I was called by a gentlemen who was extremely nice. He asked me about my working history and education, typical interview questions.
After that I went in for computer testing on a Saturday, which is not something that I have been able to do with other jobs (most only offer weekdays). The staff in the afternoon was excellent. I went thru a face to face interview after that and some skills testing. Finally I was asked to go for a face to face interview with a member of management. Before I did that I sat with someone actually doing the job, which was great to actually see the job one on one. The hiring staff made it a pretty simple process.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for GEICO, Why Sales, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not a negotiation phase.

Woodbury, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GEICO in May 2013.

Interview Details – online application, which takes about 3 min, and then I receive a confirmation email asked to finish a online test which takes about 5 min. Then next day I got a phone call asking about my personal information, not a really phone interview, and then to schedule a on-site interview. The location I applied is in the main office at LI, which is too far away from where I goes to school, I cannot figure out my class schedule to fit the interview, so I did go.

Interview Question – Your experience on sale, which I never had.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call a week later. Aside from the phone screening, I had to complete a few tests (multi tasking, personality, typing, role playing) and interview with the managers.

They are looking for goals/numbers driven individuals, that can handle and be dependable in a fast paced, high volume environment.

Interview Question – Describe a variety of past sales situations in which you were able to suceed   Answer Question

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!