GEICO

Getting the Interview

28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – I applied to the position online and the next day received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked a number of behavioral questions. They want lots of details and examples of leadership, working with difficult people, and problem solving. I didn't make it to the next round and received an email indicating such.

Interview Question – Tell me about the time you had to resolve a problem.   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Typical behavioral questions. Ask a lot about leadership positions and qualities.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in auto claims specifically?   Answer Question

Macon, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – The phone interview is all bout leadership potential. Make sure you're prepared to talk about leadership experiences you've had and your thoughts/approaches to leadership. Customer service experience is important here too. Have a good story for dealing with an upset customer.

Interview Question – Favorite and least favorite parts of being a leader.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Atlanta > Macon

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GEICO in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through an ad in Indeed. Received an email from a recruiter a day after stating that my background is impressive and that I should email her my transcripts and resume and should receive a call to schedule an interview shortly. After emailing her my documents, she called me a week after to schedule and interview. So I scheduled an interview a few days after and she called me at the scheduled time. Asked me about my resume and a lot of tricky leadership questions. She wanted specific examples on questions like....When were you a leader and had problems with an associate. How did you get to make him/her work with you? What can you bring to the table that other applicants can't? She also asked standard exploratory questions on your goals, wants, desires and ambition. Like what is your 5 yr or 10 yr plan? She also asked a lot of question as to why you chose Geico. I kinda struggled in the interview as some of the questions were leading questions where she will catch you off guard and make a mistake. Then she will focus on those unideal answers you mentioned. My advice, you really have to exagerate all your answers towards your desire to working for Geico and the position. I just couldn't talk my way through and was kinda honest answering them. Hence, I knew the moment she said good luck in the interview process that I didn't get another interview. She also said that her manager needs to review our interview and will get back to me in a few days. Once i heard that, i knew it was over since I know she is the decision maker in making me go to the next round.

Interview Question – What have you been doing the past year since graduation (ive been unemployed)?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Receive phone call form HR Manager and request transcripts to verity education. Upon receipt of the documents a phone interview is scheduled. Once phone interview is completed, have to wait for the Hiring Managers to review. If selected to go farther you will be invited to do a role playing exercise.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Geico?   Answer Question

Supervisor Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – After applying online, I participated in a phone screening interview. After being called back two days later, I was asked to come in for an in person interview. There were computer tests I had to complete along with questioning about my resume and finally a mock-sales scenario. I was told there was going to be an interview with upper management but that did not happen.

Interview Question – The questions were fine. It was the role playing scenario for sales that was a tad bit hard.   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – First there was a phone interview, then a 4 hour on-site process, followed by a panel interview.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Lakeland, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in April 2013.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview is pretty standard and takes about 45 minutes. A lot of the questions are geared towards presenting scenarios and offering your opinions on leadership and management practices. Once you pass the initial phone interview the second meeting is a very long, extensive process. You begin the day with a simulation in which you put on a head-set and receive phone calls and e-mails. You are expected to listen to the calls and read the e-mails and input information as fast as you can, as you will be timed. The e-mails and calls are designed to come in too fast for you too handle, to see how well you operate under pressure. Afterwards, you also take a typing test. This is followed by a personality assessment similar to the one you should have taken prior to the phone interview. If you pass this step, they will put you on the floor and allow you to shadow another SLP for about an hour. The final step is a role-playing session where you are given 20 minutes to study information in an office alone at a desk with a telephone. At the end of the 20 minutes, the telephone rings and you are expected to answer acting as a professional taking a phone call, and respond according to the information on the packet. This is a long, arduous day but the measures taken during the interview are unique and kind of fun. If you make it past this stage, there is one more phone interview with similar questions, and the final step is a panel interview with the Regional Sales director among others.

Interview Question – What do you like least about being a leader?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had other opportunities

Very Difficult Interview

Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in February 2013.

Interview Details – Fist of all I would suggest not applying for this position unless you are really are considering working at GEICO. The hiring process is time consuming and not easy. I am a senior in college and GEICO came to my college to interview students. I talked to a HR rep in the morning and they wanted to interview me in the afternoon. I had no time to prepare for the interview because of my class schedule. The interview started off as a one on one interview with a HR rep. They ask situational questions that are somewhat difficult to answer off the top of your head without preparation. After the one on one interview I had to take 3 test. One test you have to rate statements 1-5, There about 100+ questions. Next test is a little more difficult and hard to explain. It ask question as if you were a supervisor and how you would delegate task, how many vacation day you earn, and other questions. The next test is a simulation test were the HR rep calls you and you have to pretend you work for a fake insurance like company. You have 20 minutes to study information on the company. During every call there is an opportunity to sale another product. This part took about 3 hours. 2 weeks later I was called and ask to come up to NY for a second round interview. In the morning I had to take 2 more test. I taping test and a multitask test where you have enter data into a fake insurance sales computer system. You receive the data by "email" and "calls". This test is not hard. After that I had to shadow 2 CSR for about an hour. They both seemed to like the job and both had only been working there for about a year. The environment was somewhat loud and the lights were dim. Most people seemed to enjoy there job. After this I had a panel interview with 3 department managers. They asked similar questions as they first interview but more specific questions. The interview lasted about an hour. After the interview they took me to an empty office. They told me to wait there while they discussed if they were going to offer me the position. I thought this was a little strange to make me wait in the office for an offer. It took about 15 minutes. After that I was told a HR rep would let me know if I got the job in a week. I knew I didn't get they job right away because they would have told me that day if I did. Personally I am glad I didn't get the job. During the entire process they never really said what the SLP does and how long the process takes. They also seemed to cover up that it was a call center or afforded telling candidates right away. For the information I got out of the HR reps it seemed like there was a chance that when you are done with the SLP program you might not get a management job which basically means you are fired or you work as a CSR. I would do your research and find out if you really want to work for GEICO. Seemed like it potentially would lead to a good career if you put your time in. But GEICO is not for everyone. It also seemed like they were looking for someone with supervisor experiences that is unrealistic for the "traditional" college student.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Woodbury, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in June 2012.

Interview Details – Have to first do a multi-tasking test. Fairly simple test, no way to prepare for it. Next was an interview with HR. Typical interview. Few behavior questions. Why you want to work with Geico, future goals, research done into company (like financials). Also asked about other jobs I applied for. If you applied for jobs in other fields, you will get question on that.

Interviews for Top Jobs at GEICO

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!

GEICO Videos

GEICO – Why Work for Us?

Government Employees Insurance Company. Puzzled, are you? Well, the name goes back to the beginnings of the company. Founder Leo Goodwin first targeted a customer base of U.S. government employees and military… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GEICO Supervisor Leadership Program interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by GEICO employees and interview candidates.