GEICO

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Telephonic Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in October 2011.

I was impressed with the initial phone call - I applied for a sales position, and learned that my schedule had to be flexible. I couldn't do it - a few minutes later the hiring rep called back and said, why not interview for THIS job? It pays higher... Whoa! What kind of company offers more money without even interviewing yet?? I showed up for my screening and first interview in my most uncomfortable shoes, black suit (in the hot Tucson desert), no money and no lunch, fully expecting the typical 30-minute meeting that "other" companies do. It turned out to be an 8-hour process! Nobody offered lunch or refreshments, which I didn't like. People fly in from other states to interview, the least you can do is offer refreshments to make people feel welcome and comfortable. I got there and it was nerve-wracking because I didn't know how many other people would be there, who I would be interviewing for, etc. Very uninformed and seemed to just be "led" everywhere from station to station. It was like being led through mazes of people without a lot of explanation of what they were doing, who they were, and how it would apply to the job I was there for. After the screening (which I won't detail as it's against company policy to discuss screening process in detail), I was given a tour. It was October, so there were tons of Halloween decorations and everyone was in a great mood. People were joking, having fun, the cubicles were decorated, huge indicators that this is a GREAT group of folks to work with! Totally different vibe than the stuffy front desk with the hiring infomercial on repeat all day long. I got to interview face to face twice - once with the hiring rep, then again at the end of the day with the department manager. I got to shadow different job positions, check out the building and what they offered, I got papers, brochures, and packets full of company info, and a little gecko to take home. Most importantly, I got a job!

Interview Questions
  • The questions about my weaknesses on the job and previous mistakes, and what was done to rectify those mistakes   View Answer
There was none - I was offered more than I was making at the old job, better bennies, and better commute - it all looked great to me!