GEICO

Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Development Program Interview

Management Development Program
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in June 2014.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume and capitalized on my leadership experience, and was called within 4 days. The recruiter was very nice and assisted me throughout the whole process. She was readily accessible through telephone and email. The first interview was about a half hour, expect the normal questions such as "Tell me about yourself" or "Why do you want to work at Geico?" Make yourself sound outgoing because they like outgoing, friendly people who can work on a team.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult...but just make sure to sound outgoing and speak slowly.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Management Development Program
Fredericksburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GEICO in June 2014.

Interview Details – First off, every encounter I've had with the recruiter has been positive so far. This process so far is going quickly despite the fact that there are many steps to the interview. First, there was the phone interview that was simply based on past experience and asking about my motive for applying. Next, there was the typing, multitasking, personality, and supervisor preference exams. After each two, my recruiter came out and said that I had done very well, so we'd continue to the next "round," if you will. I didn't finish one of the questions in the given limit, and I was still okay. Next, we just had a conversation about my preferences in departments, we decided to apply for customer service for sure. But we also discussed my leadership history and such. She let me take a lunch break before continuing on with the roll playing. My recruiter wasn't very tough on me for that exercise, but I've heard of worse. The point though is just to keep your cool and follow the instructions in the packet. After that, I got to move on to a quick interview with two HR managers. Then they sent me home to wait for a call telling me that I get to do the final interview with the customer service managers. I get the feeling that you could be cut at any time during the 4 hours. It's definitely a pretty stressful/ nerve racking environment. But, considering the fact that they are searching for their future leaders, they need to test your ability to be in a stressful situation. It turns out that I did get to do the interview with the customer service managers. First I sat in on a few calls with a CS associate. After an hour, they brought me in to meet with the cs managers. There were three in the room during my interview. They were fairly relaxed but serious. One lady helped guide me somewhat when they wanted me to delve a bit deeper. Overall, I was nervous about that, but ultimately, they encouraged me to ask lots of questions. It became very conversational. I've seen prior complaints about the pay, but according to my recruiter, pay increases in little time based on merit.

Interview Question – Expect to be asked about the details of your leadership history as we as some circumstantial questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I knew from the start that I could expect to be paid 43k/year.

Modeling Analyst Interview

Modeling Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was very long. First you have to send in your resume, cover letter, transcripts, and fill out a questionnaire. Then there is an online assessment (logic and math) and then a phone interview. I was flown in for an on-site interview. This lasted from 9AM to 2PM and consisted of 4 interviews with different people as well as a writing/excel assessment and a lunch. The one thing they fail to mention is that when you apply, you are not applying for a specific position. They are considering you for any position in the department, which is why there are so many interview. Overall, the experience was good. The people were nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in car insurance?   View Answer
  • Where do you see yourself going in the future (next 5 to 10 years)?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in February 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out an application on another site. HR rep contacted me, asked me to fill out an application directly on their site. Another HR rep contacted me, asked me to complete 2 tests relating to intelligence and critical thinking. Completed both, HR told me they'd set up an interview with hiring manager, would email to confirm. Almost to the day of interview, HR never contacted me. I sent email asking for confirm, they said it was next day as specified. Interview went wierd, interviewer never introduced self, critiqued work in a brusk manner.

Interview Question – Not difficult or unexpected, but if you give them an example of past work, be prepared to talk about it as though you had just done the work.   Answer Question

Product Management Analyst Interview

Product Management Analyst
Chevy Chase, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was scheduled for an initial phone screening/ interview at winter/ spring career fair. I then had another phone interview. Then I was invited onsite for a final interview. Day long interview schedule. The interview day had five interviews with a total of seven people. GEICO provided lunch at their substantial cafeteria. I heard back quickly.

Interview Question – Explain a time you had multiple projects to work on at once, and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chevy Chase, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in April 2014.

Interview Details – online assessment test, followed by phone interview and an onsite interview. HR in GEICO is extremely professional and efficient. The team who interviewed me are nice and smart people. They ask detailed technical questions.

Modeling Analyst Interview

Modeling Analyst
Chevy Chase, MD

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GEICO in March 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out a questionnaire, timed logic test, phone interview, on-site interview. The on-site interview was with 3 people from the department and lunch with two others in the department. There was a writing sample assessment.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone of something when you didn't have enough information to do so.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Chevy Chase, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in January 2010.

Interview Details – Went through a recruiter. The recruiter did their first initial interview. Then, they referred me to the hiring manager. At the interview, the manager and their lead was present. Within a week, an offer was made.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult technical questions wise. However, they were thorough with the details of the specific duties.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not have a lot of negotiating power, since the salary was kind of pre stated on the description.

Claims Service Representative Interview

Claims Service Representative
Fredericksburg, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – Received a phone interview, where they asked basic questions about absences, going to work 100% of the time, any criminal charges, etc. Then moved on to the face to face interview. At the F2F interview, completed a computer test, which involved listening/reading invoices and placing the information in the correct categories, and then a typing test. Then there was an interview, with the usual interview questions, and then a phone simulation test.

Interview Question – Why did you switch from your industry to this industry?   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Actuarial Assistant
Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details – apply online -> complete questionnaire sent by HR -> analytical test (excel exam + basic knowledge of P&C actuary) -> interview by actuary (resume)-> on site interview (resume+ GEICO's thing + review of your analytical test)

Interview Question – no unexpected question. Suggestion: prepare question about Geico's market share, history, state and all content in your resume.   View Answer

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!