GENBAND Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.9

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GENBAND in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted after applying online for a lead sales position. The initial interview went smooth, with the basic questions about myself and background. The interviewers were not HR or a recruiters, they were the regional sales VP's.

The first round of interviews went great, and it seemed positive. We exchanged emails after the first interview and I was told I would speak with an SVP. Two and half weeks passed and I was asked to meet a VP of sales at the airport, since this person was on a layover in my home town.

We sat down over coffee and had a great second interview. This person had to run, so I picked up the check and they took off to a gate. Our conversation was basic, but had no real point other than a meet and greet. I got the feeling it was more to see what I physically looked like. Being a female in a lead sales role, many times it seems more about looks, than brains.

The next day I sent an email and tried to close the loop on the job, since 2 1/2 weeks had passed and I'd had no indication if I had the job or not. I was told from the first week that they needed me to speak with the manager of sales.

This manager had scheduled several phone interviews with me, but this person never called me. I requested more information and asked if I should expect an offer? I was told again that I would need to speak with this other person, and that they would be meeting this person in another week. Still no indication if we were on track or what if any progress was made.

After weeks of the runaround, I sent an email stating I was no longer interested in their position. This person who was suppose to call me had reviewed my LinkedIn profile the same day they were scheduled to call me, but didn't. They had the time to surf the web, but not call potential employees?

I figured out they were not serious, or they had a habit of treating candidates without respect. I didn't have any desire to work for this company, after the runaround and disrespect.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a customer that was upset with their order.   1 Answer

Telecom Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GENBAND.

Interview

I applied as a student from my University and the interview was more of a get to know the company and what you would be doing. Informal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your experience with managing mobility accounts.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GENBAND (Frisco, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by the HR recruiter and high level job description was provided in soft copy after a 15 minute discussion. A preliminary interview with the hiring manager was scheduled a week later and was ~1hr. Typical questions were asked about background and what makes you unique. There were 5 people to be interviewed. A callback occurred 4-5 days later for a followup interview and presentation for 3 of the 5. A 20 minute presentation was to be provided on a fake company scenario for a product; followed by 4 interviews with various people in the team and outside orgs.

Interview Questions

• What was a scenario that you thought would be very difficult and turned out to be simple and how did you manage that change?   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR updates were regular post interview, initial salary discussions occurred 1.5 weeks later, followed by a list of answers to my submitted questions. A counter-offer was made and signing bonus approved.

Principal Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GENBAND (Billerica, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

The Director interviewed me over the phone and called me for an one on one interview. I was interviewed by the Director and 4 team members who report to the Director. The interview was primarily focused on my Technical Expertise and Skills acquired so far. The interview process was overall a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my work done several years back and I had to recollect the technical details because it is relevant to the specific knowledge that they were looking for in the broad spectrum of job expertise requirement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I already had an offer in had from another employer. When I specified my pay from the other employer, the HR was willing to match and also exceed the pay that I was expecting.

Senior Revenue Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GENBAND (Frisco, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Filled out application on line. Sent resume to friend that worked for the Company and this person gave to the hiring manager. Had a phone interview with HR rep and then a couple days later was called in for a in-house interview. Interviewed by a director, Manager and peer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. Friendly Director and manager. Wanted to know specifics about applicable experience. Asked me to tell them about myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wanted more than what they offered. We met in the middle.

SQA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GENBAND (Billerica, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

Spoke with a couple of different people within the company before going in for a face to face. The recruiter they used seemed a little disorganized and didn't respond quickly. The people themselves were very friendly, the questions were not too difficult, but there was no communication after the face to face meetings. I needed to reach out to my friend (inside the company) to determine status.

Interview Questions

• General questions on security protocols (IPsec, Certificates etc.)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GENBAND in February 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume via email to the HR person. Received a next day reply indicating the position is open and that the resume was being passed on to a manager. Day after that, received an interview request. Interview was a few days later. Interview felt more like a HR interview even though it was done by the person who was to be my manager. VERY basic technical questions on scripting (differences between sh, bash and csh), Java (polymorphism, etc.), the strengths and weaknesses of using Java vs. C++, software versioning (whether I've used Clearcase) and bug tracking (mainly on my previous work with JIRA). Also questions on the software development process (major stages before development begins, when/how to perform different types of testing such as unit or system). Told me they'd be in touch, contacted me 2 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing surprising in the interview, very basic technical questions. I suppose the most involved question was the stages of the software development process since talking about each stage led to a mini discussion and being asked about previous experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary met my expectation as a new graduate, didn't engage in negotiations

Not Willing to Specify Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at GENBAND in January 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with a team within the department the job was under. The questions were typical of most interviews, including tell me about yourself, what are your goals, why do you want to work here, examples of past success, knowledge of specific skill sets, and so on. The process, coordinated by human resources, seemed organized, and HR was very professional. The interviewer's themselves, however, were not. There was a lot of giggling and snickering with one another (at one point, someone commended the other for asking two great interview questions), there was also eye balling of each other (staring at each other in this prideful manner - it seemed like it was their first time to hold an interview), and some were flat out not paying much attention to what I, or their colleagues, were discussing at the interview. Overall, I was disappointed with their lack of respect and apparent immaturity and was relieved when it was all over. Having been on both sides of the interview process before, I was shocked, although I am sure there are much worse horror stories out there. But given that this is suppose to be a reputable company in the telecom industry and not an unknown start up, makes it even worse, and they need to train all their employees on exemplifying a better brand image based on attitude, ethics, and respect.

Interview Questions

• Give a few examples of your greatest achievements for the last three companies you worked for.   Answer Question