GENBAND

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Telecom Intern Interview

Telecom Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GENBAND.

Interview Details – I applied as a student from my University and the interview was more of a get to know the company and what you would be doing. Informal.

Interview Question – Tell me your experience with managing mobility accounts.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Solutions Engineer Interview

Solutions Engineer
Frisco, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GENBAND.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the HR recruiter and high level job description was provided in soft copy after a 15 minute discussion. A preliminary interview with the hiring manager was scheduled a week later and was ~1hr. Typical questions were asked about background and what makes you unique. There were 5 people to be interviewed. A callback occurred 4-5 days later for a followup interview and presentation for 3 of the 5. A 20 minute presentation was to be provided on a fake company scenario for a product; followed by 4 interviews with various people in the team and outside orgs.

Interview Question – What was a scenario that you thought would be very difficult and turned out to be simple and how did you manage that change?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR updates were regular post interview, initial salary discussions occurred 1.5 weeks later, followed by a list of answers to my submitted questions. A counter-offer was made and signing bonus approved.

Principal Staff Engineer Interview

Principal Staff Engineer
Billerica, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GENBAND in September 2012.

Interview Details – The Director interviewed me over the phone and called me for an one on one interview. I was interviewed by the Director and 4 team members who report to the Director. The interview was primarily focused on my Technical Expertise and Skills acquired so far. The interview process was overall a nice experience.

Interview Question – Questions related to my work done several years back and I had to recollect the technical details because it is relevant to the specific knowledge that they were looking for in the broad spectrum of job expertise requirement.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I already had an offer in had from another employer. When I specified my pay from the other employer, the HR was willing to match and also exceed the pay that I was expecting.

SQA Interview

SQA
Billerica, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GENBAND in April 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke with a couple of different people within the company before going in for a face to face. The recruiter they used seemed a little disorganized and didn't respond quickly. The people themselves were very friendly, the questions were not too difficult, but there was no communication after the face to face meetings. I needed to reach out to my friend (inside the company) to determine status.

Interview Question – General questions on security protocols (IPsec, Certificates etc.)   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Not Willing to Specify Interview

Not Willing to Specify

The process took a day - interviewed at GENBAND in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a team within the department the job was under. The questions were typical of most interviews, including tell me about yourself, what are your goals, why do you want to work here, examples of past success, knowledge of specific skill sets, and so on. The process, coordinated by human resources, seemed organized, and HR was very professional. The interviewer's themselves, however, were not. There was a lot of giggling and snickering with one another (at one point, someone commended the other for asking two great interview questions), there was also eye balling of each other (staring at each other in this prideful manner - it seemed like it was their first time to hold an interview), and some were flat out not paying much attention to what I, or their colleagues, were discussing at the interview. Overall, I was disappointed with their lack of respect and apparent immaturity and was relieved when it was all over. Having been on both sides of the interview process before, I was shocked, although I am sure there are much worse horror stories out there. But given that this is suppose to be a reputable company in the telecom industry and not an unknown start up, makes it even worse, and they need to train all their employees on exemplifying a better brand image based on attitude, ethics, and respect.

Interview Question – Give a few examples of your greatest achievements for the last three companies you worked for.   Answer Question

Worked for GENBAND? Contribute to the Community!