GEO Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.3

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GEO Group (Kenosha, WI).

Interview

I applied online, was called with in a week. The 1 on 1 interview went well. However, new hires had to be approved my management and that took over a month.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific, more of getting a feel for someone and focus on your experience in this area of nursing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice would be to please take into consideration all the reviews. If you want the position focus and study on correctional nursing and the type of population you will be caring for. Its not a regular nursing position. You must maintain complete professionalism, over kindness will be misconstrued. I guess its a militant type of nursing. But it can still be done with compassion.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GEO Group.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about 2 months later for an in-person interview with the director. I was told the department was new and that they had just hired the director the previous week. During the initial phone call, the recruiter was personable, but appeared to be trying to convince me of the company's commitment to rehabilitation and not just imprisonment. She asked about my work experience and provided additional information on the company, the new department, and the role.

The in-person interview was in the new offices. The same questions were asked of all the candidates. I am used to having conversations during an interview, but this seemed very formulaic. I have seen interviewers read off a script during most of my interviews in south Florida, so it might also be a regional practice. The typical questions were asked: talk about you work history and quantitative skills.

I later spoke with the recruiter again and was able to talk more about the company culture. She was hesitant to talk about this and did not answer the question directly. She again went into more of a sales pitch about how the company is changing and focusing more on rehabilitation. I was told I would hear back the next week. I followed up, and then was told I would hear back the following week. During the phone conversation and the in-person interview, I was told that they were looking to hire someone immediately so that the team could start at the same time, hence my frustration with being strung along.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at GEO Group (San Antonio, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Very professional and to the point! They ask about specific past experiences. I was really prepared because I had my resume and a lot confidence. All my paper work was going to be forwarded to the Warden and then Human Resources!

Interview Questions

• Have I ever worked in a jail environment before?   2 Answers

Regional Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GEO Group (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

They interview a ton of people just to fill one lousy position and you will never hear from them again. In the old days, companies would let you know that you didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me over 100 questions between the two of them.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEO Group.

Interview

Phone screen, In-person Interview, Offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Substance Abuse Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEO Group in January 2014.

Interview

One interview where you met with the program director and another person in HR. The second time, rehire, the program warden met in the process with HR Rep and Program Director. Both times it was obvious they just wanted a body to do the job. The second time it was obvious they were just beyond desperate as they hired others who had no experience.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult if you are holding an advanced degree. However questions about the 12 Steps are sometimes neglected. The focus is kept just on how to handle difficult clients with no focus on substance abuse or anything clinical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEO Group (New Castle, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

I was brought in for an interview a week after I submitted an online application. I interviewed with the HR manager and had to answer a few questions regarding my past work and education experience. Other questions involved what I would be comfortable with, since the position has high potential to be dangerous. I was also asked to provide some examples of what I had done in the past for particular situations. The whole process lasted maybe an hour, which included the interview and filling out a paper application. I was given a call the next day and was offered a position. I came back the next week for pre-employment drug testing and a TB test.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions that revolved around the possible dangers of the position or how I would handle someone whom had become irate or unmanageable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was absolutely nothing I could negotiate, whatsoever.

Assistant Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Rio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEO Group (Del Rio, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Apply online with a lot of detail, two interviews, and be enthusiastic. Touch up on month end procedures. Be ready to talk about accounting procedures, e.g., account reconciliation, payroll, A/R, A/P, and financial analysis and reporting. Also dress appropriately, check resume for any errors and follow up for any additional questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, first offers are not negotiable.

Correction Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEO Group (Queens Village, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Two interview process and investigation into your background and bonded by the DOJ

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Grove, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEO Group (Walnut Grove, MS) in June 2010.

Interview

there were two interviews, One was with the human resource manager who just asked what made you want to work in corrections and once answered there was an drug test. After the drug test you was to report to another person in the human resource department who a bascilly describe the job and what is expected of you and what to expect from the job

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer