GEO Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source – interviewed at GEO Group in September 2014.

Very professional and to the point! They ask about specific past experiences. I was really prepared because I had my resume and a lot confidence. All my paper work was going to be forwarded to the Warden and then Human Resources!

Interview Questions
    • Have I ever worked in a jail environment before?   View Answer

Regional Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at GEO Group in August 2014.

They interview a ton of people just to fill one lousy position and you will never hear from them again. In the old days, companies would let you know that you didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me over 100 questions between the two of them.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GEO Group.

Phone screen, In-person Interview, Offer

No negotiating

Substance Abuse Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEO Group in January 2014.

One interview where you met with the program director and another person in HR. The second time, rehire, the program warden met in the process with HR Rep and Program Director. Both times it was obvious they just wanted a body to do the job. The second time it was obvious they were just beyond desperate as they hired others who had no experience.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult if you are holding an advanced degree. However questions about the 12 Steps are sometimes neglected. The focus is kept just on how to handle difficult clients with no focus on substance abuse or anything clinical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEO Group in June 2012.

I was brought in for an interview a week after I submitted an online application. I interviewed with the HR manager and had to answer a few questions regarding my past work and education experience. Other questions involved what I would be comfortable with, since the position has high potential to be dangerous. I was also asked to provide some examples of what I had done in the past for particular situations. The whole process lasted maybe an hour, which included the interview and filling out a paper application. I was given a call the next day and was offered a position. I came back the next week for pre-employment drug testing and a TB test.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions that revolved around the possible dangers of the position or how I would handle someone whom had become irate or unmanageable.   Answer Question
    There was absolutely nothing I could negotiate, whatsoever.

Assistant Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Rio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Rio, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GEO Group in February 2012.

Apply online with a lot of detail, two interviews, and be enthusiastic. Touch up on month end procedures. Be ready to talk about accounting procedures, e.g., account reconciliation, payroll, A/R, A/P, and financial analysis and reporting. Also dress appropriately, check resume for any errors and follow up for any additional questions.

Interview Questions
    No, first offers are not negotiable.

Correction Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEO Group in December 2010.

Two interview process and investigation into your background and bonded by the DOJ

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Grove, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Grove, MS

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEO Group in June 2010.

there were two interviews, One was with the human resource manager who just asked what made you want to work in corrections and once answered there was an drug test. After the drug test you was to report to another person in the human resource department who a bascilly describe the job and what is expected of you and what to expect from the job

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work for this company?   View Answer

Medical Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GEO Group in February 2010.

I was initially quite nervous but after meeting the staff and seeing how friendly and courteous they were i felt more at ease with just being myself and selling myself. The environment isnt as stressful as I imagined it would be so that definitely put all my fears at ease. The qustions are very detailed and so my answers were longer than i had hoped but they were not hard because i had a decent answer for each one. I may have messed up by my body language. They knew I was nervous.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you misjudged a person.   View Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobbs, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobbs, NM

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEO Group in October 2009.

Interview with HR Manager and one other observer lasted for one hour. I am supposed to hear something either this afternoon or by tomorrow morning.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a rule you have broken at work   View Answer