GEOS Language Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at GEOS Language

Academic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEOS Language in January 2012.

I was promoted from within - Submitted an application and got no response for over a month. Due to my supervisor's glowing recommendation, the actual interview process was very easy - 3 interviews with upper management in 3 days, the weekend, and an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a student who is demanding a refund for tuition?   Answer Question
    I was so excited I didn't even think to negotiate - big mistake. I think next time I would be sure to negotiate for a better salary. Benefits were generous though.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at GEOS Language in July 2009.

The company was in a pinch to hire some English teachers for a camp, and they hired me after a short one on one interview. I started the next day. They said that they normally require teachers to teach a model class as part of the interview process. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and the director had an interview questionnaire that she was filling out during the interview. She was careful to ask about my previous teaching experience as well as what kind of teaching style and activities I usually use (I emphasized that I focused on student participation and pair and group work).

Interview Questions
    • What ESL school of thought do you apply to your teaching?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase. They said that ESL teachers start at $18 per hour and after 3 months it can be reviewed and renegotiated.

Language Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at GEOS Language in July 2009.

It is a 2 day interview, starting with a general knowledge quiz. If you pass it then you can continue the interview. If you fail and they like you, you can repeat it the next day. If you pass it and they don't like they let you go. During two days you have to present model classes, learn about company structure and ideals, and the way you are expected to work.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to teach English if it isn't a part of your degree and you have no experience   Answer Question

Worked for GEOS Language? Contribute to the Community!