GEP

GEP Associate Consultant Interview Questions

3.1

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEP.

Was through OCR in college. Started of with the standard behavioral/situational questions. It was a 2 on 1 interview but both interviewees were very nice. What ended up throwing me for a loop was the involvement of a case question in a 30 minute first round interview. Most of my peers were in the same boat as me and did not expect it either. Definitely was not an easy one!

Interview Questions
  • You are a private equity firm that just bought a gardening supply store, how would you improve revenues?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEP

Associate Consultant Interview

On-campus interview with two consultants from GEP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GEP in March 2013.

Applied on the school career website and got a 1:1 on campus interview opportunity with two consultants from GEP two months after the application. Review on resume, followed by a P&L case study and a maths question.

I was invited to their Super Day two days after the first interview. In fact, quite a lot of people have been invited (i guess there might be 30 applicants that are divided into three different Super Day Sessions).

Super Day- one Group Interview, one Case Interview, one Quantitative interview (basically doing maths questions in written format) and one interview with HR.

Group interviews are quite qualitative (all readings), asking us to assign an MBA scholarship to a candidate after studying six applicants' background, work performance. It's more like a group discussion, although we are supposed to give a 2 min presentation at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing's too hard. All is standard consulting type question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GEP.

1st round interview on campus. Very pleasant conversation + short case with simple maths and some business strategy

2nd round is the GEP "Super Day" - 4 interview rounds, 1 of which is a group case study with other candidates. Other interviews are cases with some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Group interview is tricky - everyone wants to show they are the best but that they can also work as part of a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEP in October 2012.

The may come to your university for on campus recruiting. They send you and email notifying that you have been selected for an interview

Interview Questions
    • what do you like to do most:
      1. procurement
      2. consulting
      3. meeting with clients

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GEP in April 2012.

On-campus behavior with short case question. One Associate and one VP. Very congenial. Strategic Sourcing case.

Interview Questions
    • Declining profits for an oil drilling firm.   View Answer
    • Tell me about your resume. Can you give an example of working with people who were different than you?   Answer Question
    I am still in the negotiating process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEP in February 2012.

On campus interview.

Final round in Clark NJ. Group case - fairly easy and unstructured.
    1-1 case.
    behavior with HR
    another case.

Pursued other opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEP in October 2011.

The first round was conducted at university and comprised of a case interview. the interviewers were helpful and I thought I connected well with them.

Second round was held at their office in NJ. It consisted of 4 interviews. One was case study, one was a HR round, third was a analytical/numerical ability round and last one was a group work thing. In group work two people were made into a team and asked to solve a case study and make a presentation.

Each interview lasted 30 mins.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at GEP in February 2011.

Generic behavioral interview, ask-questions-about-your-background type of stuff...the case was short and open-ended, no real conclusion. Overall not bad, but I guessed I fudged up somewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a time when you had to work with a lot of data?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEP in November 2010.

I was hired as part of a SUPER DAY where college student come into the office and meet with several hiring managers.