GEP Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEP (Clark, NJ).

Interview

Interesting experience but not as professional as I would have hoped for. Did an on-campus interview (very friendly, very basic profitability case and behavioral questions). Received a phone call the next day and scheduled for Super Day 2 weeks later. The Clark office has a very cool set up with the leaders of the company sitting in the middle and the recruiters are actually consultants themselves. Super Day itself was quite intense but everyone is extremely friendly and makes the process easier. However, it was a bit disorganized in terms of reimbursements, transportation etc.

Interview Questions

• Market sizing on revenue made in an average Manhattan restaurant in one night. "How would you sell yourself to the CEO of the company if stuck in an elevator?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEP

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GEP.

Interview

I applied through campus, it's a 2-1 interview conducted by 2 associates, the people are nice, interview contains typical resume questions ( they asked me to elaborate my experience in the past employers and a P&L case about grocery chain, lasts 30 mins in total. They also asked me how much do I know about GEP, and why do I think I'm a good fit

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GEP (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was with one on one. One Senior Manager and an associate consultant. It started off with basic questions on resume, deep diving into the responsibilites held and a case. Case is same across all the campuses and even before. How to increase profitability to a raw material supply store. Having said that, the manager (she) is highly unamiable, came as rude and highly arrogant. I wouldn't have worked with this company even if they would have given me an offer. Can't imagine working under such bosses. If this is the case at an Ivy league school, I cannot imagine how they would treat prospective applicants from other schools. Atleast from insider information and having spoken with lot of people at gep, I would not recommend this company at all. (This is purely based on my research and has no person influence on this statement)

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GEP.

Interview

On campus interviewed with one manager and one associate consultant. The 30-min interview consists of behavioral questions and one case study. The manager was unamiable, and she tried to make the interviewee embarrassed. Among all on campus interview I went to, this one is the worst one.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GEP.

Interview

Was through OCR in college. Started of with the standard behavioral/situational questions. It was a 2 on 1 interview but both interviewees were very nice. What ended up throwing me for a loop was the involvement of a case question in a 30 minute first round interview. Most of my peers were in the same boat as me and did not expect it either. Definitely was not an easy one!

Interview Questions

• You are a private equity firm that just bought a gardening supply store, how would you improve revenues?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

On-campus interview with two consultants from GEP

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GEP (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied on the school career website and got a 1:1 on campus interview opportunity with two consultants from GEP two months after the application. Review on resume, followed by a P&L case study and a maths question. I was invited to their Super Day two days after the first interview. In fact, quite a lot of people have been invited (i guess there might be 30 applicants that are divided into three different Super Day Sessions). Super Day- one Group Interview, one Case Interview, one Quantitative interview (basically doing maths questions in written format) and one interview with HR. Group interviews are quite qualitative (all readings), asking us to assign an MBA scholarship to a candidate after studying six applicants' background, work performance. It's more like a group discussion, although we are supposed to give a 2 min presentation at the end.

Interview Questions

• Nothing's too hard. All is standard consulting type question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GEP (Clark, NJ).

Interview

1st round interview on campus. Very pleasant conversation + short case with simple maths and some business strategy 2nd round is the GEP "Super Day" - 4 interview rounds, 1 of which is a group case study with other candidates. Other interviews are cases with some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Group interview is tricky - everyone wants to show they are the best but that they can also work as part of a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEP (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

The may come to your university for on campus recruiting. They send you and email notifying that you have been selected for an interview

Interview Questions

• what do you like to do most: 1. procurement 2. consulting 3. meeting with clients   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GEP (Clark, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

On-campus behavior with short case question. One Associate and one VP. Very congenial. Strategic Sourcing case.

Interview Questions

• Declining profits for an oil drilling firm.   2 Answers
    • Tell me about your resume. Can you give an example of working with people who were different than you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am still in the negotiating process.