GEP

36 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director, Business Consulting Interview

Director, Business Consulting

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at GEP.

Interview Details – I second some of the other reviews: I went through several phone interviews with their leadership but also informed them that I was interviewing elsewhere. There was always a huge urgency: "can we have a call as soon as possible?". After the last interview I did not hear back from GEP at all, communication totally stopped.

If this behavior reflects how GEP manages and treats their employees I should probably be glad they never called back...

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at GEP.

Interview Details – I emailed a GEP recruiter who had previously contacted me about a position. The next morning I got a call from HR who set up an interview with a VP the very same day. This showed a sense of urgency. After the interview, there was total radio silence. I sent 3 follow up emails with no acknowledgement whatsoever. This was a total 180 from the urgency shown during setting up the interview. I figured that they don't want to continue the process but completely ignoring a person they interviewed is poor etiquette.

Interview Question – What does success on a project mean   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GEP.

Interview Details – Was through OCR in college. Started of with the standard behavioral/situational questions. It was a 2 on 1 interview but both interviewees were very nice. What ended up throwing me for a loop was the involvement of a case question in a 30 minute first round interview. Most of my peers were in the same boat as me and did not expect it either. Definitely was not an easy one!

Interview Question – You are a private equity firm that just bought a gardening supply store, how would you improve revenues?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director

Interviewed at GEP

Interview Details – The interview process at GEP is multi-tiered. As with other candidates, I was interviewed first by the HR team, followed by technical interviews with the operational teams and final interviews with the management team. Each interview evaluated different skillsets and the types of questions were indicative of the skills being assessed. The HR questions were around background & career aspirations, the operational questions were more case-study based and the management interview was for fit. Very professional experience overall.

Interview Question – Why do we want to join GEP at this stage of your career?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern IT Interview

Intern IT
Clark, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GEP in November 2013.

Interview Details – During the Interview the questions were very basic, if you have no knowledge in the IT industry this is a great place to start.

Interview Question – Do you know scripting?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Purchasing Manager Interview

Senior Purchasing Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GEP in August 2013.

Interview Details – Called relatively quickly, but interviewer was extremely invasive and aggressive looking for names of employers and salary information. She was unconcerned with talent brought to the table, identifying skill sets, or even discussing what their client was seeking.

I was asked to explain a gap in my resume which I did. I told her I was currently working a contract unrelated to supply chain for a non profit that I have a personal affiliation with and that it would soon be wrapping up. I further explained that my choice in part to accept a position a few steps down for the short term was to help me achieve academic goals. I refocused the conversation on a specialized degree that would make me extremely competitive in my field, academic honors, professional publications, as well as being professionally recognized and a recent panelist in a trade conference.

The interviewer was only concerned with my current hourly salary and said if I refused to disclose salary information she was ending the interview. I told her I was not trying to be obstinate, but I know the going rate for this position and told her I was flexible depending on commute distance, the financial health of her client and other factors I typically consider.

The interviewer would not accept that answer and again demanded the salary of the clerical unrelated contract. I told her if there came a time where the information was required for background checks, their client requirements, or any other administrative purposes, I would be more than happy to formally provide that information but I did not feel comfortable discussing that information at this point.

She started becoming belligerent, making a lot of inappropriate and inflammatory remarks.

Interview Question – Why are you not listing your current job on your resume?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I ended the interview process because the interviewer was not listening demonstrating no interest in her client, or how my background would fit the position and bring value to their client. She could not identify what her client was looking for specifically nor what her client's top challenge in business was.

Interviewed at GEP

Interview Details – On-campus interview with two consultants from GEP

Interview Question – Typical Resume questions and a case problem   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GEP in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on the school career website and got a 1:1 on campus interview opportunity with two consultants from GEP two months after the application. Review on resume, followed by a P&L case study and a maths question.

I was invited to their Super Day two days after the first interview. In fact, quite a lot of people have been invited (i guess there might be 30 applicants that are divided into three different Super Day Sessions).

Super Day- one Group Interview, one Case Interview, one Quantitative interview (basically doing maths questions in written format) and one interview with HR.

Group interviews are quite qualitative (all readings), asking us to assign an MBA scholarship to a candidate after studying six applicants' background, work performance. It's more like a group discussion, although we are supposed to give a 2 min presentation at the end.

Interview Question – Nothing's too hard. All is standard consulting type question.   Answer Question

Clark, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEP in February 2012.

Interview Details – On campus interview.

Final round in Clark NJ. Group case - fairly easy and unstructured.
1-1 case.
behavior with HR
another case.

Interview Question – Standard questions from Vault guide   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pursued other opportunities

Clark, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GEP.

Interview Details – 1st round interview on campus. Very pleasant conversation + short case with simple maths and some business strategy

2nd round is the GEP "Super Day" - 4 interview rounds, 1 of which is a group case study with other candidates. Other interviews are cases with some behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Group interview is tricky - everyone wants to show they are the best but that they can also work as part of a team.   Answer Question

Worked for GEP? Contribute to the Community!