GFI Group

www.gfigroup.com

GFI Group Interview Questions

2.5

FX Broker Interview

Brought in to meet HR and the team I would have worked with. The interview with HR lasted around an hour and consisted of meeting two separate people. The team was also introduced to me very formally, no questions were really asked.

Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GFI Group.

Very relaxed, not a lot of formal questions around the actual job. More of a discussion to see if you would "fit" with the company/personality of a broker trainee. They like to hear that you're proactive and not afraid to speak with clients/go to events/etc. They want to see that you can work hard -- even when you're pushed hard or not treated particularly nicely

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why I should hire you for this job? What in your past experience is relevant?   Answer Question

Junior Broker Trainee Interview

I applied online on my school's career website. I received an email from HR right away and was asked to come to the office the next day for an interview. It was very low key and was more of a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is important for me to know about you?   Answer Question

FENICS Junior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GFI Group in February 2013.

I went through a recruiter, and then about three rounds of interviews that day. The first was my manager, who at the time, seemed easy going and pleasant and explained the position pretty clearly of what I was going to be doing. Had I any experience in the coding, they would've given me a test, but they were aware at the time of the interview I had not coded in awhile. The second interviewer was my manager's former manager, and GFI's QA manager. They were intimidating as hell. They explained the environment was fast paced and pretty much told me that a large company like GFI would be able to weed me out quickly if I wasn't doing my work. I personally don't feel that was necessary, but I chalked it up to nerves on my part. The last person I interview is pretty much running the office. When asking me if I knew anything about financials, I explained that i didn't, and they pretty much shut down, at least in my opinion. It made me feel like I wasted their time showing up, and I walked out of my interview feeling Like I bombed it.

The recruiter called me the next day to tell me I got it, which blew my mind. haha

I was able to negotiate my salary up a little, but not to where I wanted to be.

Also, I didn't have much time for a decision. They pretty much gave me 24 hours to make a decision before they passed over me, so that stunk.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GFI Group in November 2011.

First day was basic just about yourself, walk me through your resume, why you want to work there?

Then super day, flew up to NYC and ran a series of three half hour interviews, mostly casual and conversational, why are you fit for this job? can you handle pressure well?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GFI Group in November 2009.

Met with the CEO and the COO. Very informal.

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GFI Group in November 2009.

Interviewed 1:1 with HR rep, was asked questions about resume and sales experience.

Broker Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at GFI Group in October 2009.

One on one, met several people on the same day.

Interview Questions
    Negociate is they want you they will pay.