GFI Informatique

1.6

Yes Ok Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at GFI Informatique in February 2012.

I hope for you find me one pleace of your uneversity.

Interview Questions
    I advice the other people this job is very easy not hard.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GFI Informatique.

First, there was an interview with the HR professional who contacted me through LinkedIn, and then the next interview was with two managers with some technical questions and some behavior assessment. Then we had one last interview in which the job condition was presented.

What they are looking for are candidates that are both technically good and equiped with soft skills (stress management, clear career objectives, good communication skills and good team member). Being a developer nowadays means more than just programming in our own corners, so a developer that is both good at hard and soft skills is important, specially when dealing with clients and interacting with other team members.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain the architecture of some of the applications I've worked with and why using EJB. As for behavior assessment I was asked how do I deal with stress and what were the biggest challenges or mistakes I've had or made in my career.   View Answer
    The value they offered was better than I expected, and I was happy. :) It's important to know our average market value given our experience before the negotiation, and then try to negotiate and reach a good value for both sides when negotiating, since your salary is part of the value you represent, and then it's important to be satisfied as that is what you'll receive for the next years (it is also its' growth starting point). And of course, other conditions like health insurance are important.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valbonne (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valbonne (France)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GFI Informatique in January 2013.

- Contacted almost immediately by phone after having posted my resume on monster.fr. Just a few questions about my studies, previous experiences, my competences and my salary expectations. They asked me if I was interested in working as a consultant for a large company in the Nice area (Sophia Antipolis). It took more or less 10 mins.
    - Then nothing for around three weeks, then they contacted me back for an interview in person.
    - The interview was with HR for presenting the company, its clients and partners, and an eventual proposition package, and with a Manager for discussing salary and benefits. It took around 1h.
    - No technical questions at all: their only interest was to submit my candidacy to their client.
    - After 1 week I got a (fairly easy) interview with a Director of the client company.
    - Positive feedback from client after a few days, immediately followed by a formal proposition.
    - They are not interested at all in your goals, career and expectation. Their goal is to place you to a client of theirs.

Interview Questions
    The manager initially disapproved my salary goal as being too high. At a point I've been told of having lied when I said I got much higher propositions from other consulting companies for similar jobs.

It turned out he hadn't previously checked very well my resume and my degrees. After having pointed this out, he rectified his proposition, increasing of 4K the base salary, fully meeting my request...

The entire discussion was for me quite annoying and irritating, but the final proposition was OK and the job at their client was good, so I accepted the offer.

Ingénieur logiciel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biot, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biot, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GFI Informatique in December 2010.

Deux entretiens téléphoniques pour parler de mes projets. Et aucun sur place.

Two phone interviews about my projects. And no on place.

Interview Questions
    • Il n'y a eu aucune question technique.   There was no technical questions.   Answer Question
    Demandez plus que ce que vous souhaitez. Vous n'aurez pas d'augmentation.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GFI Informatique in June 2010.

Their recruiter contacted me, because I've sent my CV while I was still studying. After updating my resume I got called by an engineer. His English was very bad and I had problems understanding the questions. He asked some really easy ones about OOP and Java.

The recruiter told me that they will contact me soon and they never did. I've heard opinions that there is a lot of mess in their recruitng process.

Interview Questions
    • What's polymorphism.   Answer Question
    • What are final, finally and finalize expressions in Java . Where and how can you used them   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at GFI Informatique in July 2009.

I was pointed out to GFI as a reference ans the HIring and Interview was very straightforward and a swift process

Interview Questions
    • I didn't realy know the customer I was being placed and the entire process was done on the assumption I did.   Answer Question

Développeur en chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aix-en-Provence (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aix-en-Provence (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at GFI Informatique in July 2009.

Entretien téléphonique, pas de tests de programmation, questions générales sur J2EE pour vérifier les connaissances sur une application trois tiers. Il y avait le directeur technique et le directeur de l'agence.

Phone interview, no programming tests, J2EE general questions to check the knowledge of a 3-tier application. There was the technical director and the manager of the agency.

Interview Questions
    • Rien de difficile ou d'inattendu, ils avaient l'air de faire confiance. Les questions correspondaient à mon parcours sur J2EE.   nothing difficult or unexpected, they were kind of trusting you. Questions match my background about J2EE.   Answer Question