GFI Software

Interviews for Top Jobs at GFI Software

Consumer Support Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at GFI Software in December 2011.

I sent my resume and cover letter after I found the job on Careerbuilder. I got a call back from their HR manager the same day and was given a short interview on the phone. I set up a face to face interview the for the next day. I first met with the HR manager and was told the details of the position and asked a few generic questions about my technical skills and support service over the phone. I feel like their ideal canidate would have to have experience giving technical support over the phone, or anyone with call center experience. I then met with the managers of the tech support team. It was very casual. I was asked about my experience working on the phone and a few technical questions one being, "how would you find a worksstation's IP address." Overall it went well I thought.

Interview Questions

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GFI Software in March 2013.

I was approached via telephone by an agency recruiting for the company. I have received the job specs via email but declined to move forward as I did not match my precise skills sets and was located in a neighboring city 1.5 hours away. The agent insisted that the skills match does not have to be precise and the company would be willing to subsidize my travel expenses and be flexible about work hours and work from home some days and as such I decided to proceed but noted that I would be departing on a holiday trip around the country and requested it be scheduled after 2 weeks upon my return. After consulting with the hiring manager I was asked to make an effort and go the first day of my holiday and as such I have started my holiday a few hours early and made a detour to the interview. There I was politely greeted and been informed I have a very deep electronics understanding and a good view of possible complications and extensions of a proposed project which is something they're looking for in a candidate. About a week has passed before I heard back from the agent, He was very brief and informed me I have been rejected due to the fact I did not wear a suit and came in jeans, shirt and sweater. They also mentioned the fact my hat was hanging slightly out of my jacket pocket. This has been the most absurde rejection I have ever experienced. Not only was I asked to interview during a holiday but it just happen to be below freezing and snowing outside. Not to mention the fact most developers are known to dress casual and their team members nor the interviewers wore suits. Despite this for the past two years they have approached me 5 times to come interview with them again. I have serious doubts about their work environment.

Interview Questions