GFT Interview Questions

2.1

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GFT.

The hiring process was very normal for web development interviews. The first interview was a phone conversation with a light discussion of history and personality. A follow up in person interview covered light technical questions. Most of the discussion was around particular technologies and a quick overview of basic features of the language used. The follow up interview was with the team I was to work with.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any truly unexpected questions. This was a very standard interview.   Answer Question

Global Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GFT.

Interview was fairly basic. Just generic questions about my most difficult decision I had to make. They were primarily looking for someone to fill an off-shift role immediately so my background wasn't as important as it may have been with other places. Overall, the interview was quick and painless and I was hired later that day.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel working with foreign clients whose first language may not be English?   Answer Question

Working an off-shift would have been too difficult for me.

Information Security Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at GFT in January 2013.

Met with the CIO, IT Manager, and Security Analyst who would be reporting to this position. Everyone was in jeans which I found nice. Building is contemporary and in a ritzy part of town.

The interview was long with each person asking several questions but it didn't feel drawn out. The CIO was on his laptop during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your vision for an Information Security program here at GFT?   Answer Question

Forex Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ada, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ada, MI

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GFT in August 2009.

Personal, general financial and economic questions.
    know the market, top stocks, know international news and economy.
    Interview consisted of two 1:1, and also a 2:1. Must have sales personality.

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at GFT in May 2009.

It was very informal. The people giving the inerview were not professional at all. I felt like I was interviewing for a fraternity or something.

Interview Questions
    • What stocks or other securities have you been watching lately? (Not hard but good to know before interview if you don't regularly follow these things)   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, Valencian Community (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, Valencian Community (Spain)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GFT.

I was asked about my recent projects on my last company. After that, a HR interview and I was hired one week later.

Interview Questions
    after the interviews, they offered me their conditions, and then you accept or decline.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at GFT in October 2008.

It was a straightforward one on one. The interviewer was very friendly, professional and clearly been successful in the city finance sector.

It wa a tell me what you have done in career, how would fit the role, this is what the company does, what are your major acheivements and where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Key requirements were one extra European Language, Foreign Exchange trading sector knowledge and Client Services experience.

But for all this they only wanted to pay £18k per year. Recruiter had said it was negotiable. Once the wage was established during the interview I lost interest and body language probably showed. For the skills required it was a fairly insulting wage and it also showed me they cared little for high quality client/customer service (you get what you pay for!).

18k in London is equivalent to a supermarket checkout wage, or less.