GHD Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GHD.

Interview

The hiring process for me was pretty simple. I impressed the local university recruitment team, exchanged contact information they told me to apply and within the next two weeks I received a phone call for an interview. The interview was very relaxing the interviewers just wanted to get a sense of what types of water related projects I have been involved in. A strange question I was asked was what is my favorite and least favorite class. Overall it was not a bad experience.

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GHD (Harrisburg, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The HR did an amazing job in contacting me soon after I applied. I was asked to interview with three people (2 Senior Envi/Biologists and the office manager). I arrived at the building and was amazed at how friendly everyone was. The receptionist was very kind and made me feel comfortable. Before the interview, I was introduced to every single person in the building which was approximately 45 people. This confused me a little since I had thought they would first interview me then show me around, but I guess its GHD’s way to make you feel more comfortable during the interview as well as examine your personality. Once I met everyone, I sat down and told about GHD which was nice to not be drilled on how much I knew about their company. I would highly recommend you study up the company in case they do ask you if you know anything about their company. They then asked the typical interview questions which were:

1. An example of when you exceeded
    2. An example of your weakness
    3. Your strength
    4. How you’d react in a situation without any guidance for a project

I don’t remember all of the interview question but as I said above, they were not difficult. The interview process was real smooth and it made me like the company more. They offered me the job but I was greedy and asked for more in which they had to give the job to someone else. My advice to you is to not say “I will not go below $$$$”. They offered a fair salary, little below what I make now, but this company has great benefits such as advancing your education which is a plus for me. I regret not taking their initial offer but it was completely my fault and I have to live with my mistakes.

It took them a week to get back to me with their offer and then another week to get back to me to tell me that they had to go with someone else because of my salary demand. They are very good at getting back to you.

Interview Questions

• There was no question that was difficult or unexpected. If you know yourself and do your research, you will be fine.   Answer Question

I didn't decline, i asked for too much and they had to go with someone else.

Fire Protection Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GHD (Worcester, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interviewer came to my school to interview people for the day which had been advertised to students. He was very professional and knowledgeable about the subject. We had a casual conversation and he did not do or say anything to make me feel nervous. He also contacted me within a week to follow up on the interview which I thought was nice.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GHD.

Interview

Got a call next day i applied. They seem to be thorough but I felt they lack basic confidentiality policies

Project Manager - Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at GHD in January 2010.

Interview

Apply on company website for job openings, then company will call for and interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions I joined GHD as part of an acquasition   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cazenovia, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GHD (Cazenovia, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Got to each lunch with a few new hires directly beforehand. They were extremely nice and answered most of the questions I had about the company which I was going to ask in the interview. Interview consisted of group meeting in which panel took turns asking me to answer questions, while in turn giving me a chance to ask my own. They seemed to want me to keep talking and as a result, the interview was very long (2 hrs).

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you have a pressing deadline but know you do not have enough time to do a good job on the assignment.   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Interview

They usually call you in advance ad arrange a time for the interview. First interview could be a one on one or in my case a panel interview. They provide the offer in the next month or so if you pass.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure and deliver multiple tasks   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GHD.

Interview

Online video interview, relatively straight forward with four Questions and two minutes to answer each. Also time at the end to better describe yourself and why you applied which was good.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this particular field of engineering?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GHD (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2015.

Interview

Online application then received a call to attend the assessment centre. It consisted of a behavioural interview, group assessment and cognitive test. Group assessment was just discussing a prompt with the group, no result or presentation required.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GHD in April 2015.

Interview

Online Interview, pretty straight forward, not too much pressure. 2 Minutes per question, 4 questions in total. The best thing was 2 minutes at the end to add in anything extra and talk a bit more about yourself, or forrest yourself if you said the wrong thing pin a previous question.

Interview Questions

• What was your favourite subject at University?   1 Answer