GHD

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fire Protection Engineer Interview

Worcester, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GHD in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewer came to my school to interview people for the day which had been advertised to students. He was very professional and knowledgeable about the subject. We had a casual conversation and he did not do or say anything to make me feel nervous. He also contacted me within a week to follow up on the interview which I thought was nice.

Interview Question – How much do you know about sales?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager - Civil Engineer Interview

Project Manager - Civil Engineer

I applied through other source - interviewed at GHD in January 2010.

Interview Details – Apply on company website for job openings, then company will call for and interview.

Interview Question – There were no questions I joined GHD as part of an acquasition   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at GHD.

Interview Details – Got a call next day i applied. They seem to be thorough but I felt they lack basic confidentiality policies

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
Cazenovia, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GHD in December 2009.

Interview Details – Got to each lunch with a few new hires directly beforehand. They were extremely nice and answered most of the questions I had about the company which I was going to ask in the interview. Interview consisted of group meeting in which panel took turns asking me to answer questions, while in turn giving me a chance to ask my own. They seemed to want me to keep talking and as a result, the interview was very long (2 hrs).

Interview Question – What do you do if you have a pressing deadline but know you do not have enough time to do a good job on the assignment.   Answer Question

Asset Management Consultant Interview

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GHD.

Interview Details – The interview start off with the detail experience and the relationship to the applied position. The interviewer then explain about GHD. The presence in Malaysia. The Asset Management Department's scope of services. Explain on the expected requirement for the post. I was then asked to relate my experience to the requirement. I was also asked about the possibility of working out of Malaysia of which I state that I am prepared to work overseas.

Interview Question – Willingness to travel up to three to six months i.e. stay overseas.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What is your notice period?

Senior Professional II Interview

Senior Professional II
Brisbane (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GHD.

Interview Details – Being hired from overseas, I underwent two separate phone interviews; one with my hiring manager and the other with HR. Both were pretty standard. After the company had decided to hire me, I was required to obtain a professional engineering license. Both the company and I submitted the appropriate Visa forms and within two months of my initial interview, I was ready to relocate.

Interview Question – No one question stands out as being difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation. I asked them to cover my moving and visa expenses and provide a salary of which I felt was sufficient (at the time). They complied.

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GHD.

Interview Details – Flexible interview process over phone & 1:1. The interview team consist of a service line leader and a human resource personnel. Question based on general technical and HR type questions. They took time to get internal approval.
 Interviewers were polite and proffesional.

Interview Question – State client handling experience for junior engineer position.   Answer Question

Service Group Manager Interview

Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GHD in September 2008.

Interview Details – Initial contact by phone (I was asked to submit an application), and then three interviews one with HR, one with the hiring manager and one with a panel. Another week or so spent negotiating their salary offer by phone and email

Generally the people were very professional but relaxed, and the company culture was informal and friendly. My impression then was that it was a very flat organization and I liked it very much

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was 'Why do you want to leave your current job' as I was just looking at that time and had not intention to leave my current position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were not complicated nor difficult at all as they were very reasonable, just time consuming. I was able to negotiate 50% higher than my then current salary which was not bad

Student Engineer Interview

Student Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at GHD in October 2010.

Interview Details – asked general questions about my resume and work experience.
strengths and weaknesses, knowledge about the industry.

Interview Question – How many jelly beans are there in a jar?   Answer Question

Graduate GIS Analyst Interview

Brisbane (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GHD in November 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my application through the GHD website. HR person called in the next few days. She was really nice and asked the standard screening questions, emphasising that GHD is a consulting service and asking me if I knew what that meant. I didn't have a clear answer for this, so you might want to prepare. Anyway, she still liked me so I got a phone interview.

This was a panel of three, herself and two managers from the spatial science division and the broader ecology division that exists within. They were warm and enthusiastic. We started off talking about my recent holiday. I impressed them with some of the things I'd done on that. Then we got down to business, what does the company do, what have you done, why are you outstanding. What is a good example of a challenge you have overcome. What are the personal qualities that would make you great for the role, what is a personal quality that may hold you back... they explained the nature of the team, and a bit about the work, emphasising that it might be boring as it's a graduate position. They also sold the company and their capabilities a bit, but I knew how good they were and advised them I'd read about their winning a number of spatial excellence awards last year. They ended up almost gushing about me and how good they thought I was. I felt like a bit of a fraud as I didn't think I was that fantastic, but at least I wasn't overconfident.

Oh, there were no technical questions, apart from something vageuly technical like naming some of the types of spatial services they offer, but anyone could answer this by having a list of these before them by researching on the web, as I had, and consulted, since this was a phone interview :-)

Interview Question – What are some of the specific spatial services/products the spatial sciences team at GHD offers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Actually I've just started reviewing the contract, I will probably accept the offer but I'll update on any negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GHD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GHD interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by GHD employees and interview candidates.